Big Chief Studios 1:6 Scale 007 figures.

167891012»

Comments

  • Posts: 191
    TR007 wrote: »
    SonofSean wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    SonofSean wrote: »
    There's a video review of the figure on Youtube. It is a great figure.
    Apart from the accessories I honestly see very little difference between this and the Sideshow version.

    You should go Specsavers. Seriously. I have both. The difference is night and day. The face sculpt alone is incredibly well done, but look...save your money if your not convinced but don't talk utter rubbish when the difference is HUGE. I'm a 1/6 figure addict. This is an impressive (not perfect) figure.
    Steady on. It’s just a shame they didn’t make the most of the license while they had it. It’s sad as a Bond fan to see that the quality dropped massively from the initial GF line to this DN one.
    I do hope that if another company takes the license they will be more proactive in making a wider variety of figures and to a much higher standard than Big Chief.

    Apologies, old chap. Didn't mean to be rude (the Specsavers line was meant in jest). Sorry about that. Differences of opinion are the spice of life.
  • Posts: 191
    Birdleson wrote: »
    @SonofSean No need to be antagonistic to make your point.

    Agreed. Didn't mean to come across that way. I've apologised.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 1,413
    Regarding the video; I love the fact he says he is a BIG Bond fan and then calls the Beretta pistol a PPK and says the the cards and "shoe" will enable you to play at Casino Royale........instead of The Circle Club (Club Le Cercle).
  • edited April 2022 Posts: 191
    delfloria wrote: »
    Regarding the video; I love the fact he says he is a BIG Bond fan and then calls the Beretta pistol a PPK and says the the cards and "shoe" will enable you to play at Casino Royale........instead of The Circle Club (Club Le Cercle).

    It's a quick review of a figure. I looked at the Youtube clip and he acknowledged his mistake in the comments. Doubt he'd be buying it if he hated James Bond, ergo he's a Bond fan, otherwise I guess he'd be making video reviews of Red Post Boxes.
  • SonOfSean2SonOfSean2 United Kingdom
    Posts: 7
    The figure has now sold out on both Big Chief Studios site and the official 007 Store.
  • Posts: 12,436
    I received my models a couple of days ago and to be honest? I love them, Their is certainly a clear step up in sculpt quality and clothing attire as well accessories compared to the Sideshow line which i love and own all their line too, with the exception of the 1/4 scale Connery Thunderball variant.

    I wasn't aware that their licence had expired with Eon? Certainly explains why they couldn't tell me what their next release was then? My biggest complaint with Big Chief was the lack of regular product. When it is produced far away in China like most goods is not ideal.

    Whoever gets the opportunity next? I hope the product and opportunity is fully exploited moving forward?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe Moderator
    Posts: 13,105
    There are other companies out there, but I don't know if they could afford the licence. I am a big fan of Phicen/TB League, I have approximately 10 (9 are licenced and 1 is a kitbash of my own creation) of their figures, but I don't know if they could afford the Bond licence.

    Star Ace are another possibility, but again, I don't know if they could afford Bond. I have their Sir Christopher Lee, Scars Of Dracula figure, and it's a very nice figure. The tailoring needs no futzing, just put the cape on, and display.
  • Posts: 12,436
    How much is the Bond license? How long does it last for? Do we think the game is up for Big Chief? Is this an Eon only type thing or does Amazon have say on it? When would a new licence be issued baring in mind it is now the 60th Anniversary?
  • Posts: 1,413
    SonofSean wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    Regarding the video; I love the fact he says he is a BIG Bond fan and then calls the Beretta pistol a PPK and says the the cards and "shoe" will enable you to play at Casino Royale........instead of The Circle Club (Club Le Cercle).

    It's a quick review of a figure. I looked at the Youtube clip and he acknowledged his mistake in the comments. Doubt he'd be buying it if he hated James Bond, ergo he's a Bond fan, otherwise I guess he'd be making video reviews of Red Post Boxes.

    Thanks for the clarification because i missed his correction in the comments.
Sign In or Register to comment.