Big Chief Studios 1:6 Scale 007 figures.

Comments

Emailed Big Chief the other day for a production update on the Dr No set as well as enquired about the Dalton Bond figure.

They told me that due to Covid19, the DR No set has now moved from November to May 2021. The Dalton figure is a sigle release by all accounts? But due to Covid19, the powers that be who need to approve it are not at work still.
  • si4tssi4ts UK
    TBH single figure releases probably work better for most peoples wallets. It seems to work well for BCS with their Doctor Who line. May be we will get multiple releases per year and a steady release.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    IMG-20201128-163724-1b.jpg
    IMG-20201128-161410-1.jpg

Not Big Chief but a custom made Daniel Craig figure. Quite pleased with it 👍
    That is pretty impressive! :-bd
  • si4tssi4ts UK
    12 months on and no update on
    1. Dr No/Bond delivery
    2. Any new releases

Has anyone heard anything

Not impressed by BCS business model
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    As far as I have heard, the DN figures have been delayed until March/April. That is if they aren’t delayed again. After that, it is the turn of Dalton (from TLD).

BCS appear to have more traction on their Doctor Who range.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited February 2022 Posts: 3,985
    Ridiculously slow. We need a figure range similar to the McFarlane range. Imagine how many cool affordable figures that could be produced..
    March/April was the latest production update for the Dr No set. Completely agree that the wait time to cost of these models is very poor. Yes, Covid is a factor but? The problem is like most things? It's made in China!
  • si4tssi4ts UK
    Yeah the wait is poor. Also they are missing an opportunity to push the line with NTTD having been released and the 60th anniversary. Last email I had they said EON busy with new film so not signed off on new line. Seems odd as new merch seems to be churned out daily on 007store. Also not impressed that when questioned on Facebook re: delays they decide on a comms blackout rather than answering questions. Not how to run a business and get brand investment.
    The new line? I assume is the Timothy Dalton figure as already mentioned, and then from a previous production update they released a long time ago? Desmond Llewelyn's Q and Robert Shaw's Red Grant.

Sadly no way will we see them two this year? Dalton? Who knows? But highly unlikely?!!!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Dalton is next, that's right. We have had a sneak peak, and it looked to me like Dalton from TLD. When will it be released....? That's the question.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    fb_img_1509433069014fdjve.jpg

Old photo (2019?). Not mine.
  • si4tssi4ts UK
    Dalton is next, that's right. We have had a sneak peak, and it looked to me like Dalton from TLD. When will it be released....? That's the question.

2030?

si4ts wrote: »

2030?

At their current rate, that wouldn't surprise me.
    Last week i paid the shipping cost for the Dr No set. Being shipped from next Monday the 14th of March.

So maybe? Within 3 months of release the Dalton figure maybe up for pre-order? I remember from either an old photo or possibly a Big Chief video? Their was a model in the back ground of the Dalton model?
    edited March 2022 Posts: 13,894
    I don't remember if it was a video or a pic, but there was something where eagle-eyed collectors could see a dinner jacketed Bond that was so clearly Dalton, in the backround.
  • si4tssi4ts UK
    So I received my Dr No and Connery Bond from Dr No today.
    1. Great sculpts
    2. The accessories and changes of hands with Dr No are few in number which is a shame, Connery comes with plenty of accoutrements.
    3. The PPK Box doesn't close properly
    4. The boxes and smaller and lack the clear plastic slip case as per the Goldfinger/LALD releases. The packaging just feels cheaper which is a shame and no doubt due to cost saving but it shows.
    5. Dr No's hands are a single mould. The prototype I believe had a sectioned hand. This solution just looks cheaper.
    6. The limited edition is only visible on the outer box not the certificate of authenticity.
    7. Included is a BCS catalogue/brochure. No mention of Bond figures anywhere in it. Is this the end of the line?
    edited March 2022 Posts: 13,894
    si4ts wrote: »
    So I received my Dr No and Connery Bond from Dr No today.
    1. Great sculpts
    2. The accessories and changes of hands with Dr No are few in number which is a shame, Connery comes with plenty of accoutrements.
    3. The PPK Box doesn't close properly
    4. The boxes and smaller and lack the clear plastic slip case as per the Goldfinger/LALD releases. The packaging just feels cheaper which is a shame and no doubt due to cost saving but it shows.
    5. Dr No's hands are a single mould. The prototype I believe had a sectioned hand. This solution just looks cheaper.
    6. The limited edition is only visible on the outer box not the certificate of authenticity.
    7. Included is a BCS catalogue/brochure. No mention of Bond figures anywhere in it. Is this the end of the line?

Apparently, the licence has now expired though "Big Chief Studios are hopeful in getting it renewed." I only just found this out. It sounds all a bit up in the air at the moment, best wait for an official announcement.

The photos that I have seen of Bond, I can't say that I am impressed. They are NOT Hot Toys quality, but based on their prices, they seem to think that they are. That Bond looks inferior compared to the Sideshow Toys from the 2000's!!!! £250? Fffffforget that.

I have a number of Phicen/TBLeague 1:6 figures that didn't cost as much as what BCS charge, but are made to a much higher standard.
    The Dr No and Connery Bond figures look indistinguishable from the Sideshow versions which can be picked up on Ebay for under £50 each.
    It’s sad to see Big Chiefs quality dip do drastically.
    It is possible, that knowing they were about to loose the licence, BCS penny pinched.
  • si4tssi4ts UK
    It is possible, that knowing they were about to loose the licence, BCS penny pinched.

True!

TR007 wrote: »
    The Dr No and Connery Bond figures look indistinguishable from the Sideshow versions which can be picked up on Ebay for under £50 each.
    It’s sad to see Big Chiefs quality dip do drastically.

Rubbish. I just got the figure. It is brilliant. The head sculpt is amazing, the tailoring is top notch and the accessories also fantastic. The only issue is the body is not Hot Toys quality, so won't be able to do dynamic poses, but overall it's a great piece.
    There's a video review of the figure on Youtube. It is a great figure.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2022 Posts: 14,934
    His little suit looks very well made: I often find it's the outfits that let these down a bit, but it fits him and drapes very well.
    I like how much "stop getting Bond wrong!" there is in that video :D
    The suit does look better there, than in some other photos I have seen. I imagine he did a lot of futzing with the jacket before recording.
    SonofSean wrote: »
    Apart from the accessories I honestly see very little difference between this and the Sideshow version.
    Apart from the accessories I honestly see very little difference between this and the Sideshow version.

You should go Specsavers. Seriously. I have both. The difference is night and day. The face sculpt alone is incredibly well done, but look...save your money if your not convinced but don't talk utter rubbish when the difference is HUGE. I'm a 1/6 figure addict. This is an impressive (not perfect) figure.

You should go Specsavers. Seriously. I have both. The difference is night and day. The face sculpt alone is incredibly well done, but look...save your money if your not convinced but don't talk utter rubbish when the difference is HUGE. I'm a 1/6 figure addict. This is an impressive (not perfect) figure.
    Steady on. It’s just a shame they didn’t make the most of the license while they had it. It’s sad as a Bond fan to see that the quality dropped massively from the initial GF line to this DN one.
    I do hope that if another company takes the license they will be more proactive in making a wider variety of figures and to a much higher standard than Big Chief.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    @SonofSean No need to be antagonistic to make your point.