Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I didn't think he was very metrosexual, but he was completely nothingy. He is a good example for showing how you need more than the look.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Denbigh wrote: »
    So I took this screenshot from behind the scenes of the new Fantastic Beasts because it reminded me that I still think Callum Turner should be considered.

AYsIZ4W.jpg

Credit to you for sticking to your guns @Denbigh mate, he wouldn't be in my top 3 but he's definitely worth a screentest
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    So I took this screenshot from behind the scenes of the new Fantastic Beasts because it reminded me that I still think Callum Turner should be considered.

AYsIZ4W.jpg

Credit to you for sticking to your guns @Denbigh mate, he wouldn't be in my top 3 but he's definitely worth a screentest
    Haha thank you @Jordo007 :D
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

AYsIZ4W.jpg

He would need a more rugged haircut.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is that where you cut your hair with just sharpened rocks and wolf claws? :D
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2022 Posts: 5,869
    talos7 wrote: »

AYsIZ4W.jpg

He would need a more rugged haircut.
    Yeah definitely, I do prefer him with shorter hair :)
    I kinda like his hair in the Masters of the Air series he's doing with Cary Fukunaga.

42358696-0-image-a-27_1619682867614.jpg
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    More classic Bond than Craig ever was.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2022 Posts: 4,343
    Jamie Dorman really impressed me in Belfast and watching it I literally spent the entire time wondering if he may be good for the part.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    matt_u wrote: »
    Jamie Dorman really impressed me in Belfast and watching it I literally spent the entire time wondering if he may be good for the part.

I thought the same thing after watching him in The Tourist. But I didn't realise he's already forty, and we don't seem to any nearer getting the next film rolling, so I think he might be just a little too old. But who knows?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I enjoyed him in Tourist too. I wouldn’t have any major objections.
    Not sure how much credit we can give to this article, but here's another name (don't know if he's even been mentioned here): https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/arts-and-culture/film-and-tv/odds-slashed-for-peterborough-actor-to-become-the-next-james-bond-3617625?amp
    Cavill likely out of the running then. Can't say I'm surprised; I've had a strong feeling and will continue to until announcement time that the producers will choose someone lower key that hasn't been mentioned to potentially play Bond much at all, if at all.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    'Cavill's character is a spy who loses his memory...then begins on a quest of revenge as the past comes flooding back'? I wonder why no one thought of that before...? 8-|
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Well there is the weird part where it seems like the Argylle books themselves will feature in the films (as in, he writes the books, possibly without realising they are real memories) and no one in real life has never heard of the author and the book this film is supposedly based on isn’t even out yet. So there is a chance this is some really weird double bluff marketing where they’ve made up an author of an original book to then use that as a tie-in promo or whatever for the film. But it could also just be a bad Bourne rip-off.
    Did Bourne's author find inspiration in the YOLT book for having his memory-less assassin fished from the sea ?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'm sure I read he did and thought it was an idea worth exploring: hence a spy with the initials JB.
    At least he left the initials in the same order...
    Venutius wrote: »
    'Cavill's character is a spy who loses his memory...then begins on a quest of revenge as the past comes flooding back'? I wonder why no one thought of that before...? 8-|

Yeah that's quite original.
    edited March 2022 Posts: 2,928
    Since62 wrote: »
    Did Bourne's author find inspiration in the YOLT book for having his memory-less assassin fished from the sea ?

I'd've thought so, yes!
    Since62 wrote: »
    At least he left the initials in the same order...

:D
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Praise Jeebus, as Cavill would be worse than Craig. I'd prefer a more suitable Bond than Craig, for all the right reasons.
    Praise Jeebus, as Cavill would be worse than Craig. I'd prefer a more suitable Bond than Craig, for all the right reasons.

so are you an Aidan turner only type?
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Risico007 wrote: »

Nope, read back if you'd like. There's a couple on my list. I never liked Cavill as a potential Bond. Stiff as a plank and cannot really act.
    Risico007 wrote: »

Nope, read back if you'd like. There's a couple on my list. I never liked Cavill as a potential Bond. Stiff as a plank and cannot really act.

its fine I am just curious to see who others want... Again if Eon came to me with a million dollars to Find the next Bond I dont think i would want the job as my knowledge of Unknonw actors is zilch So I am just curious
    I'm not of the opinion that Henry Cavill will get the part (I don't particularly like him as an actor, although he seems like a nice guy in interviews). Same for the likes of Richard Madden, Idris Elba, Rege Jean-Page etc. My picks would be:

1) Tom Hughes

uktv-the-game-episode-two.jpg

If anyone's seen The Game which was a BBC spy mini-series in 2014, you'll see what I mean. Hughes plays an enigmatic, rather Bondian character in it. I also know that Barbara Broccoli has seen this show and praised his performance, so it's very likely he'll get an audition. If he puts on a Southern English accent and bulks up a bit he's definitely in with a shot. Very accomplished and dedicated actor too, having seen him in other things as well as in interviews. Reminds me of Timothy Dalton in that sense.

2) Jack Bannon

MV5BOWJjYjU3YTYtN2FmZC00MmUxLWJmNjItYmZlNmJkYmE1MWE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.jpg

I've only seen clips of Pennyworth but going from those the character he plays seems to have his Bondian moments. As with Hughes it's just a case of changing his accent and working out a bit.

3) Jack Lowden

1125.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=4e82ab5238e6d8bddfbbdd2956a8b647

Another great character actor. Has the acting chops and is in the right age range.

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited March 2022 Posts: 7,979
    Lowden has been on my list of candidates for

zWon4kS.jpg

some time , along with Hoult

gVcPxo1.jpg

And my dark horse…

lVOzgAg.jpg

the more I look at Hoult the more I like him for bond.. Bannon and Hughes also I like
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Good choices @007HallY
    I've seen an interview with Tom Hughes, he does give off that intense and elusive vibe that Timothy had. Also Hughes was born in Chester as was Daniel

@talos7 good choices as well mate, but do you reckon Harry Styles has the acting chops to take on Bond. I've only seen him in Dunkirk.
    Good choices @007HallY
    I've seen an interview with Tom Hughes, he does give off that intense and elusive vibe that Timothy had. Also Hughes was born in Chester as was Daniel

@talos7 good choices as well mate, but do you reckon Harry Styles has the acting chops to take on Bond. I've only seen him in Dunkirk.

I think Styles is a great actor and with the right haircut I could FIND Bond in his look, but I also think he's a wildly different actor than anything we'd have seen from Bond to this point.