The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Aborted Spurs game in favour of watching NTTD again just rented it from amazon.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Just noticed Leeds winning ouch!
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 17,241

Haven't watched it yet myself. Just couldn't find a good day to head to the local cinema. Will likely just get it on physical media or as a digital download when it's available sometime in December.

Read this before checking the final score. Would have been perfect for Arsenal id Sp*rs lost today.

Haven't watched it yet myself. Just couldn't find a good day to head to the local cinema. Will likely just get it on physical media or as a digital download when it's available sometime in December.

Read this before checking the final score. Would have been perfect for Arsenal id Sp*rs lost today.

Leeds unfortunate with the free kick Spurs scored from, Leeds inability to defend is comperable to Man United.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    edited November 2021 Posts: 718
    A decent GW and up to 3677 overall. The template backline came through with 48 points, each of whom would have been a better captain choice than Salah. Depending upon the European games this week I'm looking at shipping out Gray for one of Jota, Gallagher or Cornet. Ideally, all three would join Salah & Foden in a 451 formation with Lukaku (who would allow me two playing strikers on my bench) as my lone striker going forward. I'm hoping my Brentford players come through against a woeful Everton on the weekend.
    My team is average though got a few form players in at the moment, my initial team selection and subsequent hits early on trying to fix my team has done me no favours, I will be glad when we can use the second wildcard and hopefully the second part of the season I can gain some ground, this may end up being my worst season so far I will have to check what my worst finish was so it at least gives me something to beat and keep me motivated.

I am already thinking of the African Nations cup and whom to bring in as cover.
    FPL is finally back after the final international break of 2021, and gameweek 12 was a gameweek which rewarded those with a premium defence featuring Liverpool, City and Chelsea assets. Gameweek 12 was the joint third highest gameweek of the season so far, with an average score of 57. It's fun to see that our league did pretty well this gameweek, with several managers picking up some really good scores. Best of us all was 91 BlueCapitol, scoring impressive 96 points. Congratulations! =D>

Bmk8a8a.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol

League table standings:

1. FC Nostromo: GW 85 - TOT 859
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 66 - TOT 828
    3. MEJICO POWA: GW 50 - TOT 740
    4. CSAC: GW 66 - TOT 738
    5. Cremonese-Killen: GW 72 - TOT 706
    6. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 70 - TOT 693
    7. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 63 - TOT 686
    8. أبو كاتم : GW 59 - TOT 674
    9. Incredible XI: GW 92 - TOT 671
    10. Kicked in Dias: GW 76 - TOT 671
    11. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 96 - TOT 659
    12. Team Extreme: GW 72 - TOT 657
    13. The Vardy Boyz: GW 57 - TOT 650
    14. �: GW 50 - TOT 645
    15. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 55 - TOT 643
    16. Charlton Pathetic: GW 47 - TOT 635
    17. Anfield FC: GW 59 - TOT 621
    18. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 81 - TOT 611
    19. Bad gang XI: GW 59 - TOT 607
    20. on the throne: GW 52 - TOT 591
    21. Liverpool Richmond: GW 50 - TOT 589
    22. Lucky Ducks: GW 52 - TOT 568
    23. The Best: GW 42 - TOT 560
    24. Benny's Blues: GW 63 - TOT 555
    25. GoldyThe Ref: GW 49 - TOT 542
    26. Red Warriors: GW 44 - TOT 528
    27. United Team: GW 32 - TOT 419
    28. CFC: GW 61 - TOT 412

The gameweek 13 deadline is this Saturday, at 11:00 UK time, so have your teams ready by then!
    Feyador wrote: »
    A decent GW and up to 3677 overall. The template backline came through with 48 points, each of whom would have been a better captain choice than Salah. Depending upon the European games this week I'm looking at shipping out Gray for one of Jota, Gallagher or Cornet. Ideally, all three would join Salah & Foden in a 451 formation with Lukaku (who would allow me two playing strikers on my bench) as my lone striker going forward. I'm hoping my Brentford players come through against a woeful Everton on the weekend.

That's really impressive Feyador; what a season you're having so far! Shipping out Gray for either of those players seems a clever move right now, and I wish I could prioritise a similar transfer. Depending on Raphinha's fitness, I might be forced to though.

Also like the idea of the 4-5-1 formation with Lukaku up top. If he starts picking up steady points when he returns from injury, and if the striker situation is unchanged by then, I expect we'll see a lot of managers looking to do the same.

My team is average though got a few form players in at the moment, my initial team selection and subsequent hits early on trying to fix my team has done me no favours, I will be glad when we can use the second wildcard and hopefully the second part of the season I can gain some ground, this may end up being my worst season so far I will have to check what my worst finish was so it at least gives me something to beat and keep me motivated.

I am already thinking of the African Nations cup and whom to bring in as cover.

Having AFCON in the back of your mind already can be smart. You can expect that even though we know already that we will be missing several players, many managers won't have a plan for that period – and that's a great opportunity to gain ground in the second part of the season. :-)
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,102
    Congratulations 91 BlueCapitol
    ---
    @Torgeirtrap I am hoping Egypt do well as Salah not being available makes the Captaincy more Interesting and chance of a lucky captaincy pick or two from other players.
    ---
    @Torgeirtrap I am hoping Egypt do well as Salah not being available makes the Captaincy more Interesting and chance of a lucky captaincy pick or two from other players.

Yes, without Salah we will se a lot more variation and punts being taken on other players. The points swings could potentially be huge!
    ---

Yes, without Salah we will se a lot more variation and punts being taken on other players. The points swings could potentially be huge!

Right now it's almost impossible not to chose Salah as Captain especially with Liverpool doing so well vs Pep Roulette vs United being useless though happy they won tonight in the CL.
    ---

Right now it's almost impossible not to chose Salah as Captain especially with Liverpool doing so well vs Pep Roulette vs United being useless though happy they won tonight in the CL.

Yes, it's really hard to consider anyone but Salah given the form he's in. It's really just the in form defenders like James, Chilwell or Cancelo that I've considered as options recently.
    Busy day, so I haven't had the chance to do the captaincy pick list. Maybe tomorrow!
    edited November 2021 Posts: 23,102
    Never checked my team had an accident last night had to ring ambulance Gr.

My teams done OK so far, thankfully I own Jota.

Edited: Only just realised I did not use a transfer this week, that's a first for this season 😂

Edited: Only just realised I did not use a transfer this week, that's a first for this season 😂

I hope you're alright, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?

Been a long time since I was able to save a transfer. Had to take a hit this gameweek.
    Here are the gameweek 14 captaincy picks!

Salah: 18
    Alexander-Arnold: 2
    Grealish: 1
    Fernandes: 1
    Mané: 1
    Vardy: 1
    Son: 1
    James: 1
    Benteke: 1
    Wilson: 1

Salah is yet again by far the most captained player in our league, picked by 18 managers. The only other player captained by more than one manager is Alexander-Arnold – and since one manager captained Mané, we have 21 out of 27 managers backing a Liverpool player for points! Good luck everyone!
    Gameweek 13 was a mixed bag, where some teams managed very good scores, wheras others had a pretty bad gameweek. This also reflect the average points of gameweek 13, which was 44 points. Some teams in our league managed good scores luckily, best of which was Incredible XI, scoring 70 points. Congratulations! =D>

GlYlxhY.png
    Gameweek winners:

GW 1: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 2: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 3: Team Extreme
    GW 4: CFC
    GW 5: CSAC
    GW 6: The Vardy Boyz
    GW 7: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 8: Charlton Pathetic
    GW 9: Anfield FC
    GW 10: LVLA Skopje 05
    GW 11: Dinamo Skruknott
    GW 12: 91 BlueCapitol
    GW 13: Incredible XI
    League table standings:

1. FC Nostromo: GW 51 - TOT 910
    2. Dinamo Skruknott: GW 54 - 882
    3. MEJICO POWA: GW 56 - TOT 792
    4. CSAC: GW 40 - TOT 774
    5. Cremonese-Killen: GW 41 - TOT 747
    6. ¿Pʟᴀᴛᴀ ᴏ Pʟᴏᴍᴏ?: GW 50 - TOT 743
    7. Incredible XI: GW 70 - TOT 741
    8. Kicked in Dias: GW 65 - TOT 732
    9. LVLA Skopje 05: GW 43 - TOT 729
    10. أبو كاتم : GW 52 - TOT 726
    11. Team Extreme: GW 59 - TOT 716
    12. The Vardy Boyz: GW 62 - TOT 712
    13. 91 BlueCapitol: GW 50 - TOT 705
    14. Tamsjoint Utd.: GW 41 - TOT 684
    15. Bad gang XI: GW 69 - TOT 676
    16. �: GW 28 - TOT 673
    17. Anfield FC: GW 52 - TOT 669
    18. ThinkHeGotThe3Points: GW 56 - TOT 667
    19. Charlton Pathetic: GW 26 - TOT 661
    20. Liverpool Richmond: GW 53 - TOT 642
    21. on the throne: GW 41 - TOT 632
    22. Lucky Ducks: GW 52 - TOT 620
    23. The Best: GW 28 - TOT 588
    23. Benny's Blues: GW 33 - TOT 588
    25. Red Warriors: GW 44 - TOT 572
    26. GoldyTheRef: GW 25 - TOT 567
    27. CFC: GW 42 - TOT 454
    28. United Team: GW 17 - TOT 436
    edited November 2021 Posts: 718

Salah is yet again by far the most captained player in our league, picked by 18 managers. The only other player captained by more than one manager is Alexander-Arnold – and since one manager captained Mané, we have 21 out of 27 managers backing a Liverpool player for points! Good luck everyone!

When so many players are picking Salah as captain it's hard to go against that because the choice of anyone else is potentially going to backfire badly if Salah scores a lot of points. And even if he doesn't do well in any given week you're rank won't be badly effected because, well, almost everyone else has captained him, too. So unless you're doing badly and feel the need to gain rank there's really no need to pick anyone other than Salah, at least until AFCON or his overall ownership changes drastically.
  • edited December 2021 Posts: 17,241

When so many players are picking Salah as captain it's hard to go against that because the choice of anyone else is potentially going to backfire badly if Salah scores a lot of points. And even if he doesn't do well in any given week you're rank won't be badly effected because, well, almost everyone else has captained him, too. So unless you're doing badly and feel the need to gain rank there's really no need to pick anyone other than Salah, at least until AFCON or his overall ownership changes drastically.

Indeed. Going against Salah takes a lot of courage. It can certainly pay off if you manage to pick the right player for the right fixture, but you're betting against the most consistent player in the league right now, and X million other FPL managers. The form Salah is in reminds me of his first PL season; it was so easy to just stick with the armband on him, and worry about transfers instead.

AFCON will be a game changer, and that period will no doubt cause some big swings in overall ranks. Many managers will start using their second wildcards by then too, so not only will the pool of players to captain be different, we will see some big changes in how the teams look.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 23,102

Been a long time since I was able to save a transfer. Had to take a hit this gameweek.

Recovering well I got very lucky as it was a head injury, been active last few days so in good shape. Just got a scar.
    ---
    Went with Salah as Captain as mentioned its futile of he hauls, plus Everton are really bad at the moment and Liverpool are on fire.

Recovering well I got very lucky as it was a head injury, been active last few days so in good shape. Just got a scar.
    ---
    Went with Salah as Captain as mentioned its futile of he hauls, plus Everton are really bad at the moment and Liverpool are on fire.

That's good to hear, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns!

Yes, this gameweek both form and the fixture makes Salah a good captaincy pick. There are other good picks in the captaincy list above too, so it will be interesting to see which of these players brings in the most points.
    Cheers @Torgeirtrap

I watched some of the Newcastle v Norwich game absolutely dreadful. Even if Newcastle spend hundreds of millions I think they have no chance of staying up.

Man United v Arsenal a must win game for both regarding top 4, Carrick still in charge for United so god knows what will happen.

The sooner Rangnick starts coaching the team to play further up the pitch the better.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 718
    Cheers @Torgeirtrap

I watched some of the Newcastle v Norwich game absolutely dreadful. Even if Newcastle spend hundreds of millions I think they have no chance of staying up.

Man United v Arsenal a must win game for both regarding top 4, Carrick still in charge for United so god knows what will happen.

The sooner Rangnick starts coaching the team to play further up the pitch the better.

I think a lot of Rangnick went into that Chelsea game. The hard work of players trying to impress a new manager .... the pressing itself ... the 3 DMs ... the starting of Sancho ... and not starting Ronaldo. Fletcher was wearing an ear piece and may even have been in direct communication with Rangnick for all we know and despite United's plea to the contrary. But still, they were a little lucky to get the draw.

The games yesterday were dreadful. Palace looked a little better when Benteke came on but Gallagher was playing so far back I'm not sure I was right to pick him.
    Cheers @Torgeirtrap

I think a lot of Rangnick went into that Chelsea game. The hard work of players trying to impress a new manager .... the pressing itself ... the 3 DMs ... the starting of Sancho ... and not starting Ronaldo. Fletcher was wearing an ear piece and may even have been in direct communication with Rangnick for all we know and despite United's plea to the contrary. But still, they were a little lucky to get the draw.

The games yesterday were dreadful. Palace looked a little better when Benteke came on but Gallagher was playing so far back I'm not sure I was right to pick him.

I am not sure about that, though time will tell. Carrick parked the bus to the extreme vs Chelsea.

I have two Palace players though they have gone off the boil a bit recently.
    edited December 2021 Posts: 718
    Cheers @Torgeirtrap

I am not sure about that, though time will tell. Carrick parked the bus to the extreme vs Chelsea.

It'll be interesting to see how they set up at home tomorrow! Gotta be going for more than a point, especially as it's a rival in Arsenal for the 4th spot ....
    Cheers @Torgeirtrap

It'll be interesting to see how they set up at home tomorrow! Gotta be going for more than a point, especially as it's a rival in Arsenal for the 4th spot ....

Carrick is still in charge so will probably double down on his recent tactics and try to nick a win late on, a must win game for both sides.
    Carrick has stated that he has had no contact with Ragnick because of the work permit process.

Ragnick's first game looks like it will be the CL match next week, decent game to start with as already qualified.
    No James in the Chelsea squad today ... no other surprises, I think, for the early games today.
    Hate to say it though Liverpool are playing some outstanding football. Leading 1 - 0 could easily be 4 after ten minutes.

2 - 0 Salah

Henderson hit first goal, this could be a cricket score.

Everton fans already leaving after 20 minutes.
    Villa - City is rather intense ...