Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Aiden Turner would continue the old tradition of bringing back actors from previous Bond movies to play entirely different characters.

How do you mean?
  • DraxCucumberSandwichDraxCucumberSandwich United Kingdom
    I

How do you mean?

Basically I’ve made a huge boo boo. I just always had it on my head that it was Aiden Turner playing Bond’s first kill in CR, but it seems not the case at all. How ridiculously embarrassing
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    One thing having had DC (past tense, wow seems odd) in the role is that he has allowed the playbook to be torn up. Bond doesn't have to be dark, classically good looking any more. I feel this has opened up the possibilities for the next incumbent. (It's also why I think people like Henry Cavill won't even be considered by the folks who matter anymore)
    So although I personally wouldn't want Benedict Cumberbatch in the role it is intriguing to consider actors like him and Matt Smith as someone earlier suggested. Something that would have been unimaginable pre Craig. Brave new world and I can't wait to see who will be unveiled.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Matt Smith as Bond? Hhmm... no, I don't see it. An absolutely wonderful Doctor, but he's not Bond.
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    Matt Smith as Bond? Hhmm... no, I don't see it. An absolutely wonderful Doctor, but he's not Bond.

No I don't either really I just mean it's really exciting that the net can be cast so much wider now and so many left field choices can be debated.
    Agree he was a wonderful doctor though. 👍
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yeah I agree, I enjoy seeing these more off the wall suggestions and testing them in my mind. It is more exciting to think that we'll likely get someone a bit more interesting than the next, and no disrespect to him, Pierce Brosnan-style cookie cutter 'Bond type'.
  • StarkStark France
    edited November 2021 Posts: 177
    Guys I just saw Last Night in Soho and it's amazing how Sam Clafin looks like the Bond I imagine (and he plays extremely well in his scene)

1637372785-capture-d-ecran-2021-11-20-a-02-35-11.png

1637372993-capture-d-ecran-2021-11-20-a-02-49-20.jpg
  • Stark wrote: »
    Guys I just saw Last Night in Soho and it's amazing how Sam Clafin looks like the Bond I imagine (and he plays extremely well in his scene)

Great Bond look here
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Sam Claflin is one of my top choices :)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Sam Claflin is one of my top choices :)
    Yep, high on my list.

Getting Dalton vibes. He looks like a hybrid of Dalton, Lazenby and Goldeneye Brosnan here.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,318
    I thought the same for a short while and then I came to my senses, he is more of a Poundland Bond, not the real deal. In the scene he resembles Bond but not really.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2021 Posts: 4,438
    Looks like on Willem Dafoe and Christopher Reeve on those pictures. Sam Clafin name as Bond in media was in 2018. 14 months a go he was discus with some other 80's names. He is from 1986.

Back then and like to repeat that, i stil hope 7th actor is older then me. As example i said Julian Bailey born in 1977 but i expect somebody born between 1983 - 1989 (3-9 years younger then my self). But atleast actor should look and behave older.

If he having that Brosnan vibe more then only on this picture (being good in interviews, liked by the media. ) be match with production design of some of Daniel Craig movies and inproved Die Another Day then mabey can be good choose. Then he is 49 in 2035. 5 - 7 movies in 14 years be fine: 2024-2027-2029-2031-2032-2035 (2034). Option for 8th movie is possible.

5 movies in 15,5 years was clearly not enough. Next actor 2,5 - 3 years after his first for his second and atleast try get 5 movies out in next 11 years (2021-2032).

There is something of Dalton and Fassbender in him on this picture. Supposing Bond 26 enters production in 2024, he will be 38 at that time, I would have preferred a younger actor to tackle the role but Clafin would undeniably, and this proves it, be a strong and very good choice.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 6,677
    I really like Clafin. Always did. But even more so now that he's had hair transplants ;)

And yes, that's exactly what Bond is supposed to look like.

He's now my favourite.

Top choice, IMO.

Just keep his haircut just like so.

FC7ezueVEAIV-oL.jpg
    He definitely has potential; but I have to say that I find his hair a bit too Goldeneye fluffy in those shots.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    Calm down guys.. Sam does look like Bond in those photos, but it’s not difficult to make an actor appear however you want them to in a close-up. Many of you could even be made to look like Bond if your hair and make-up was done just so, if the lighting was just right.
    Could you actually see him playing Bond? Looking and acting like Bond, whatever the shot? Pulling off the action? I can’t.
  • QsCat wrote: »
    Calm down guys.. Sam does look like Bond in those photos, but it’s not difficult to make an actor appear however you want them to in a close-up. Many of you could even be made to look like Bond if your hair and make-up was done just so, if the lighting was just right.
    Could you actually see him playing Bond? Looking and acting like Bond, whatever the shot? Pulling off the action? I can’t.

I’ve got no opinion either way on Clafflin. I’ve only seen him in Peaky Blinders, and while he was good in that, he was playing Oswald Moseley, so he didn’t really get to show any Bond qualities.

But I think you do make a good point about photos. I’ve seen a lot more pictures and comments about looks in this thread than I have about why some of these names would be a good choice. And on the flip side, I’ve seen some interesting choices slated because people have written them off entirely based on an unflattering
    photo. Looks really aren’t everything when it comes to casting Bond imo, and I don’t think we can judge how good someone would be from a still image.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2021 Posts: 5,869
    I think Claflin is not only a good choice but an interesting one. I think he has a lot more range as an actor than most mentioned. Throughout his filmography, which is varied in itself, he's always someone different from the last and can make a good impression with even the smallest of roles. I think he would be good for the next Bond as he could go many ways with his performance, whether a lighter or darker route and even the common ground between the two.
    QsCat wrote: »

Yes, I can. Maybe Connery/Brosnan action, and not Craig action. Stylish and smart over grand and brutish, but yeah, I definitely can see him do it.
    mtm wrote: »
    Not a hipster though.

Of course not, because the overall appearance of Ffolkes was the one of an old sea wolf.
  • StarkStark France

Very short scene in Last Night in soho but he completely acting like Bond.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,318
    Stark wrote: »

Very short scene in Last Night in soho but he completely acting like Bond.

Probably a little on purpose, a tiny audition. Too street for my liking, however.
    I say give the lad a shot.
    Univex wrote: »

At an audition? Of course old boy :)
    Univex wrote: »

At an audition? Of course old boy :)

Very gracious. . .

• VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited November 2021 Posts: 2,925
    Craig was already an exceptionally good actor before CR. I don't see any current British actors in their mid-30s with comparable ability, tbh.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Venutius wrote: »
    Craig was already an exceptionally good actor before CR. I don't see any current British actors in their mid-30s with comparable ability, tbh.

The sad truth
    I do think we'll have to go a bit older to find someone this day and age who can really handle being Bond..............so I nominate this guy........

DennisWaterman.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I do think we'll have to go a bit older to find someone this day and age who can really handle being Bond..............so I nominate this guy........

DennisWaterman.jpg

He could also write and sing the theme tune. ;)