Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

I have no idea as a new name seems to pop up every five minutes! :))
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I think Bond 26 will be out in 2024, because 2024 is MGM's 100th anniversary and Bond being there biggest IP, it would be a nice way to celebrate
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I think Bond 26 will be out in 2024, because 2024 is MGM's 100th anniversary and Bond being there biggest IP, it would be a nice way to celebrate

Extremely doubtful…
    I'd say 2034 is more feasible.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,959
    2025 at the earliest.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    I demand mid 2023 :D

Well that should motivate EON. ;)
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    talos7 wrote: »

Well that should motivate EON. ;)
    Actually it should. As I am one entitled snowflake anno 2021.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
  • I think 2024 too. The six year gap was a shame, but it wasn’t planned. They were trying to get the film out. But Craig didn’t know if he was staying or going, then Boyle left, then COVID happened.

I don’t see any reason why this one should take as long as that. Three to four years seems to be the standard now, with four probably being the safer bet this time since it’s a whole new era.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    I'd love for it to be 2024 but my head says 2025. I hope not.
  • 00Heaven wrote: »
    The same. 2025 seems the most probable in my opinion. Nonetheless, I can still imagine Eon announcing the next actor at the end of 2022, for the 60th anniversary.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    00Heaven wrote: »
    The same. 2025 seems the most probable in my opinion. Nonetheless, I can still imagine Eon announcing the next actor at the end of 2022, for the 60th anniversary.

Yeah that would be cool, seems possible.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 526
    What are the odds that we can get back to every 2 years? Three years is a LONG wait. As someone said, the 6 year gap for NTTD was insane, but understandable. John Wick is basically doing 2 year gaps (minus Covid), why can’t Bond? If it’s a 3 year gap, especially 4 , they’re losing a ton of money. Maybe Amazon can speed things along. It seems like they have a lot of issues getting scripts on track.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    What are the odds that we can get back to every 2 years? Three years is a LONG wait. As someone said, the 6 year gap for NTTD was insane, but understandable. John Wick is basically doing 2 year gaps (minus Covid), why can’t Bond?

It’s possible, and would be great, but the next one won’t be for a long while I don’t think.
    What are the odds that we can get back to every 2 years? Three years is a LONG wait. As someone said, the 6 year gap for NTTD was insane, but understandable. John Wick is basically doing 2 year gaps (minus Covid), why can’t Bond?

It’s possible, and would be great, but the next one won’t be for a long while I don’t think.

@NickTwentyTwo I’d say you’re correct. Would love 2024, but 2025 seems the most likely. They’ll probably map out and situate where they’re going with Bond 26 in 2022. Plus, NTTD will circulate on Ppv, streaming, blu Ray etc. 2023 -casting finalized, setting up locals, pre-production stuff. 2024, early-begin shooting. Could we get Bond 26 in the summer of 2025...or will they stick with November as the traditional release. I’ve always loved November. But, could it make more in the summer?
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 94
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Personally I'm not a fan of these deepfake videos. Putting another actors face on the original, without adjusting the voice doesn't give us anything other than a pretty pointless face swap. Maybe it's just me.
    Benny wrote: »

Personally I'm not a fan of these deepfake videos. Putting another actors face on the original, without adjusting the voice doesn't give us anything other than a pretty pointless face swap. Maybe it's just me.

agreed and Cavill is fine I guess but with him it would be like Brosnan Fleming Lite but not Flemingesque like Dalton and Craig
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    3 year gap would be ideal.
  • Benny wrote: »

I know but it's fun to see those videos.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

I tend to agree. Also, I don't find any of them very good.

Interesting, though, that Lucasfilm hired a prominent YouTuber who made deepfakes of Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian, etc.

Agree 100%. Pointless.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 526
    MSL49 wrote: »

Just curious, why do you prefer every 3 years for a Bond movie vs 2? Wouldn’t you rather see more Bond and plan on it every 2 years. I always looked forward to that so much. These long waits are a real downer to me. No other franchise makes fans wait so long. And I’m not dissing your opinion, don’t mean to come across like that. : ) Sorry for the double post.
    MSL49 wrote: »

Just curious, why do you prefer every 3 years for a Bond movie vs 2? Wouldn’t you rather see more Bond and plan on it every 2 years. I always looked forward to that so much. These long waits are a real downer to me. No other franchise makes fans wait so long. And I’m not dissing your opinion, don’t mean to come across like that. : )

I'd love a two years gap, personally, but in this day and age I think it would be extremely difficult to achieve. Even three years will be hard.
  • Just curious, why do you prefer every 3 years for a Bond movie vs 2? Wouldn’t you rather see more Bond and plan on it every 2 years. I always looked forward to that so much. These long waits are a real downer to me. No other franchise makes fans wait so long.
    Considering the evolution of the production model, and that given the logistics required by a Bond film, a two-year gap would be too short and would lead to a rushed production. Three years are quite needed to write, prepare the sets, shot and edit a movie like Bond.
    Just curious, why do you prefer every 3 years for a Bond movie vs 2? Wouldn’t you rather see more Bond and plan on it every 2 years. I always looked forward to that so much. These long waits are a real downer to me. No other franchise makes fans wait so long.
    Considering the evolution of the production model, and that given the logistics required by a Bond film, a two-year gap would be too short and would lead to a rushed production. Three years are quite needed to write, prepare the sets, shot and edit a movie like Bond.

I agree, three years is more viable; two is not going to happen.

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited November 2021 Posts: 1,727
    Just curious, why do you prefer every 3 years for a Bond movie vs 2? Wouldn’t you rather see more Bond and plan on it every 2 years. I always looked forward to that so much. These long waits are a real downer to me. No other franchise makes fans wait so long.

This.
    The sheer size of the Bondfilms since the 21st century just don't allow a quality film to be draft-written ; written ; cast ; location-scouted ; pre-produced ; principle photography ; 2nd unit shooting ; post-produced all in the space of 24 months.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    2 years is too rushed.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Ok, so over on the future villain's page, I put forward Matt Smith as a possible candidate, before @thelivingroyale and now @DoctorKaufmann suggested he might actually make a good James Bond, and I can't help but agree. The guy is a great actor, so just thought I'd bring the suggestion in here to see what people think.

Matt-Smith-Lost-River-1280x720.jpg
    12.jpg