Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (30th June 2023)

Comments

Actually an epic opening sequence showing a Roman battle and Indy just crashes into it, then a director shouts “cut” would be awesome
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    The talk of time travel coupled with the mention of a plane in that article reminded me of the Bermuda Triangle, and the stories of how war-time pilots would fly over the area and not only have their instruments go haywire, but appear to experience distortions in time.

I remember one story in particular of how a pilot got lost in the area, and through a part in the clouds, claimed to see relics/events of the past being played out on the land below.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    QBranch wrote: »
    The talk of time travel coupled with the mention of a plane in that article reminded me of the Bermuda Triangle, and the stories of how war-time pilots would fly over the area and not only have their instruments go haywire, but appear to experience distortions in time.

I remember one story in particular of how a pilot got lost in the area, and through a part in the clouds, claimed to see relics/events of the past being played out on the land below.

There have been many reports of “ hiccups” in time; the “Twilight Zone” featured several episodes using this as a plot device.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    talos7 wrote: »
    There have been many reports of “ hiccups” in time; the “Twilight Zone” featured several episodes using this as a plot device.
    Cheers mate - not sure I saw any of that show as a kid, but it's one I've been meaning to get around to.
    One theory floating around is that you need a jump from a high altitude for the time travel to work out.... or something. That would explain why Indy is seen on the ground in a parachute.
  • Indy 5 looks great so far. Time travel..brilliant if true...Indy is fantasy with elements of historical and biblical fact ie ark of covenenant.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Zekidk wrote: »
    One theory floating around is that you need a jump from a high altitude for the time travel to work out.... or something. That would explain why Indy is seen on the ground in a parachute.

Is that so? I am taking up parachute training. Would love to revisit the 70s.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Which was also a thing in Men in Black 3... #-o

Indiana Jones and the Great Ripoff? :O
    mattjoes wrote: »

Not at all, at this point there is virtually no storyline that can be conceived that can't be compared to something that has already been done; that doesn't mean that it's a ripoff.

mattjoes wrote: »

Not at all, at this point there is virtually no storyline that can be conceived that can't be compared to something that has already been done; that doesn't mean that it's a ripoff.

No, I agree with you, that's not necessarily a ripoff, it could be a coincidence (if those things from the new film are in fact what they are speculated to be). I was just being flippant.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited October 2021 Posts: 8,009
    For clarity, I don't have an issue with it either. I quite liked Men In Black 3, too! It was just something that clicked with me after someone mentioned the film on the previous page.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I really didn’t enjoy the last film KOTCS.
    But this is Indy, like Bond, I can forgive the slight mishap. Indy 5 has a top cast, which I’m hoping produces a great film. Not so keen on a potential time travel plot. However I’ll reserve judgement till I see the finished film.
    I don’t believe all concerned would sign on, to a film that could so easily be a disaster.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2021 Posts: 14,861
    My guess is that Indy parachutes out of the WW2 bomber we've seen wreckage of in some photos. There seems to be a small light aircraft there too, which is perhaps how PWB's character arrives?
    It's all very curious!
    Indy and Morocco go together like a hand and glove.

If you want to go there THAT badly, you're bound to enjoy it a LOT, and, therefore, even after going back, you STILL won't remember it later... ; >

But go anyway, f'sure...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Since62 wrote: »

If you want to go there THAT badly, you're bound to enjoy it a LOT, and, therefore, even after going back, you STILL won't remember it later... ; >

But go anyway, f'sure...

But how do I make it back? Just wait it out? I am going to die before I get here.
  • That's too bad, was looking forward to seeing this next summer. Well, if NTTD taught us anything it is to have patience, great patience. :!!
    He’ll be 80 doing press for this movie. That’s nuts! Hey, the guy is a legend but have we ever seen a blockbuster action movie with an 80 year old leading man in it before?
    At this rate I'll probably be dead by the time this film comes out.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    And people used to joke about the delays of NO TIME TO DIE. 15 years between this and CRYSTAL SKULL is the same length as Daniel Craig’s five film run!

11 months delay? WTF! This movie belongs in the theatre much sooner!

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!

:))
  • And people used to joke about the delays of NO TIME TO DIE. 15 years between this and CRYSTAL SKULL is the same length as Daniel Craig’s five film run!

No kidding! Plus 10 Star Wars films and 86 Marvel movies!
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Remember that the original plan from 2016 was to get it released on July 19... 2019, when Spielberg was still attached as a director.
    Then, Spielberg was too busy directing other projects, and the date was pushed back to 2020.
    As they had issues with the script, it was once again pushed back to July 2021, with Spielberg directing West Side Story first.
    Spielberg ultimately stepped down in February 2020, with the date now set in 2022. Until today, that was the date set up for the Mangold project.

Compared to this, No Time To Die had a swift development cycle...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well at least it will have actually been made and isn't just a hypothetical film like it was for so many years.
  • " Damn I thought that was closer" I hope Harrison Ford makes it to the publicity tour for the film. At this rate we may even get a new Bond film in production that even Americans under the age of 25 might enjoy!