How many films would you predict Bond #7 will make?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    They'll have the next Bond film out in 2062 for the 100th anniversary and call it quits after that.

Don t you think they would want to cash in on the 1000th anniversary as well?
  • They'll have the next Bond film out in 2062 for the 100th anniversary and call it quits after that.

Don t you think they would want to cash in on the 1000th anniversary as well?

Oh I'm sure they would want to, but entertainment in all shapes and forms will undoubtedly be outlawed by that time. If you're not happy about that, you can simply adjust the setting on your Penfield mood organ.
    Whoever it is? I will guess 5 going on a 3 year gap per movie? Finance won't be an issue anymore assuming the Amazon deal goes ahead?
  • quantumspectrequantumspectre argentina
    if the next actor doesnt do 5 movies, i doubt if will be good.
  • EinoRistoSiniahoEinoRistoSiniaho Oulu, Finland
    3 to 4.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    3 to 4.

If I should guess...yeah.
    3 is an ideal number.
    Not that I want the following to happen, but...a swing of the pendulum might next occur. After 5 successful Connery films we got just 1 with the next Bond. He decided it was not cool, hip or current to portray Bond and stepped away, never to work again on a film as well budgeted or produced. Then there was 1, but an anomaly since Connery came back and it was known and planned to be just for 1. Then we had a string of 7 with a single actor, followed by just 2 with the next actor. Certainly, the termination of his string occurred under unusual off-screen circumstances, but it lead to a change. Next we had 4 with a single Bond actor, followed by 5 with a single Bond actor. It is possible that next up we will have a string of 4 or 5, if the next actor starts out young enough and they do not take too long between films. It also is possible, though, that we get just 1 or 2. Were it to occur this way, I think the causation would not be "actor quitting because it is not cool", or "off screen legal issues." Rather, I think it would be that the next actor were not well-received and the producers want to shift quickly. As the old knight said in IJATLC, they must take care to choose wisely.
    Dalton was not helped by dull scripts and dull direction. Brosnan was not helped by a script for his last film going waaayy off the rails. They will need not only a terrific choice of actor, but good writing.
    I’ll predict 4, but it’s really a crapshoot. 3 or 8 would be awesome to carry on the amazing tradition of every actor having a different total.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified
    I’d settle for just a short string of 3 films from the next Bond actor; I’ll take a small yet good run of non-interconnected films than a bad run of 4-6 films that get progressively worse over time.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I’ll predict 4, but it’s really a crapshoot. 3 or 8 would be awesome to carry on the amazing tradition of every actor having a different total.

Thats a good point. I'd never really thought about them all have different totals before until now.
    Whoever it is I wish him good luck! Daniel Craig will be the toughest act to follow since Connery.
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 6,677
    jobo wrote: »
    Whoever it is I wish him good luck! Daniel Craig will be the toughest act to follow since Connery.

Yes, ironically, the guy will have a lot of hate thrown at him, just like Dan had. He'd have to be a genius to be loved the way Dan is nowadays. Big shoes. He'll need a script as good as CR's :-S #-o
    Univex wrote: »

Yes, ironically, the guy will have a lot of hate thrown at him, just like Dan had. He'd have to be a genius to be loved the way Dan is nowadays. Big shoes. He'll need a script as good as CR's :-S #-o

You're making it sound impossible... But I think you're right. X_X
  • 1 film they misfire with casting and the film is a flop so #7 gets sacked, Bond #8 makes 4 movies.

I can’t see them ever misfiring that badly with the casting. EON aren’t perfect, but I don’t think they’ve ever miscast Bond. That’s one area I’ll always have complete faith in them in.

You're making it sound impossible... But I think you're right. X_X

EON production presents

George MacKay
    (or another already acclaimed young talent who has worked with Craig, Mendes, Deakins, ...)
    as
    Ian Fleming's
    James Bond

in
    _____Insert one word Flemingesque title_____

a film by Denis Villeneuve
    written by Jonathan and Christopher Nolan
    Cinematography by Roger Deakins
    Production Design by Mark Tildesley
    Music by Hans Zimmer

And even then, I don't think people would be that happy to say: "this fella is better than Daniel Craig". It'll really be one tough act to follow.
    I’m gonna say 3, maybe 4 based on who I think will get it. Hard to watch a Bond movie if you don’t like the actor that plays 007 . This is true for any role as well.
  • NONE! They've just killed the franchise!! I'll never see another Bond film as long as I live!!!

>:) (Just kidding. But you know there are people out there saying just that right now...)
    NONE! They've just killed the franchise!! I'll never see another Bond film as long as I live!!!

>:) (Just kidding. But you know there are people out there saying just that right now...)

Oh they will be there front row come Bond 26 ;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    NONE! They've just killed the franchise!! I'll never see another Bond film as long as I live!!!

Oh they will be there front row come Bond 26 ;)

+1
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Four over twelve years, so a three year gap between them.
  • M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    This depends mainly on how well they do commercially.

If it's moderately successful, 2-3.

If it's a cashcow, easily 4-5+. The producers will beg for that actor to return and give them just about everything they want.

• M16_CartM16_Cart Craig fanboy?
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    The next 30 years brought us 8 more films divided by 2 actors (9 if we get NTTD).

A lot of unlucky things happened. Writer's strike of 2008. MGM Bankruptcy of 2010. COVID-19.

I don't expect this to be the new norm, or at least I hope not.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2022 Posts: 4,437
    With it already be 2022 and we possie should wait till 2024, 2030 is only 6 years a way then.

I sugest earlier that 1993 English Barney Clark can start in 2030 as Bond 8 at age of 36-37 years old. But having 8th Bond actor starting in 2030 will be delayd till 2032 or even 2034/2036. With not much time till 2030, mabey we can already think about a Bondgirl for him. 2006 born French actres Albane Masson with a bit of looks of Moonraker actres (Goodhead) and FYEO girl, who is almoost 16 and in 2034 turn 28 (30 in 2036) and be long enough time past so that we can have another French actres again. Clark is 40-41 in 2034.

fn542kba23a51.jpg?auto=webp&s=f34736cd114d01a59e628063d77260fe6c741828

Bond 7 have 8-10 years (2024-2032/2034), 3-4 movies. Mabey closer to 3..
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2022 Posts: 5,869
    If they get past 2, I'm gonna say 4.

3 is "traditionally" quite a popular film for any Bond actor, so its easy to imagine them returning.
    Well, isn’t the usual contract, 3, with the option of dong a 4th?
  • edited February 2022 Posts: 3,564
    One. Bond is dead to me, and therefore should be to everybody else. It may take them awhile to realize it, but the franchise is defunct.

(Sorry, I didn't realize I'd already done this joke. October was soooo long ago...) ;)
    One. Bond is dead to me, and therefore should be to everybody else. It may take them awhile to realize it, but the franchise is defunct.

(Sorry, I didn't realize I'd already done this joke. October was soooo long ago...) ;)

The joke is still funny, though. :)
  • One. Bond is dead to me, and therefore should be to everybody else. It may take them awhile to realize it, but the franchise is defunct.

I can’t believe Daniel Craig, and only Daniel Craig killed this franchise off. How egotistical!
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited February 2022 Posts: 2,921
    Didn't some people think that Dan killed the series just by accepting the role in the first place?!