How many films would you predict Bond #7 will make?

13»

Comments

• BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited February 2022 Posts: 2,161
    And to some he did. There’s someone to check every box. I didn’t have anything particularly against Craig, I just didn’t think he was my Bond, not my series. But I have thought that of every new actor beginning with Roger. And I always come around to accept them at some point (1-3 films, has been the rule). The one exception was Dalton, I was excited about him from the beginning.
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    And to some he did. There’s someone to check every box. I didn’t have anything particularly against Craig, I just didn’t think he was my Bond, not my series. But I have thought that of every new actor beginning with Roger. And I always come around to accept them at some point (1-3 films, has been the rule). The one exception was Dalton, I was excited about him from the beginning.

Fans seemed to like Dalton from the get-go. The general public? Not so much. Maybe we should take a lesson from this point...
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.

0dd2d1210c82d0257c61e834fd28f2ab.355.237.jpeg
    7c6ee44d5c16f1910907627e5e5c06f1.jpg

How many films will the next Bond actor make ? Hmmm...more than a couple and, I think, more than just a few, assuming "few" equals "three." Fewer than a "bunch", though, and certainly not a "whole lot." DEFINITELY not a dozen, whether a "baker's" or "regular." Four. I think Four.
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    If the next actor does 3, it will keep with the pattern of each actor doing a different quantity of films.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    If the next actor does 3, it will keep with the pattern of each actor doing a different quantity of films.

Of course that would be nice from a numerology perspective.

Realistically, if a Bond has done three films, that means he has been accepted by the audience and Barbara and Michael will likely woo him to do a fourth (and a fifth).

If a Bond isn't really accepted, I can see Eon giving him a second chance with a script tailored specifically to him, but beyond that, no.

This is a long way of saying that three films is unlikely.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited February 2022 Posts: 2,928
    Yes, I suspect two films and a third and fourth if the new guy's popular - or two films followed by a long gap and a re-cast if he's not.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I feel it's always three films. Then if fans can't get enough of the actor, he returns until he feels age is closing in. Maybe Bond 7 might do six. Because we know if things worked out well, Craig should have done more Bond films....possibly seven.