• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Ludovico wrote: »
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    6cc48fd72a41fd42dad6aa98395d3bc4.jpg
    10-Timothy-Dalton-James-Bond-007-License-to-Kill-Xtreme-Retro.png

f249c0c1d2316a6d5b0bcf95ff640899.jpg
    2FA1895100000578-0-image-m-13_1451232710486.jpg

Personally, I don't see it. Not on these pictures anyway.

Well he looks enough like James Bond, I'd say. But it just depends on whether he can star in a big movie; I liked him in Poldark but I don't know yet. I wouldn't complain if he got it, I'd be willing to give him a go if he passed the screentest (I'm happy to give anyone a go that they pick: they haven't got it wrong in the last 30 years), but I don't think his looks alone are enough to confirm that he'd be great.

Some folks are a bit too desperate to play the martyr because they think that they might not get a Connery lookalike, I think perhaps we should just wait and see what happens next before gnashing our teeth about it.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    mtm wrote: »
    I think perhaps we should just wait and see what happens next before gnashing our teeth about it.
    Ha, this is not the way the internet works!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think perhaps we should just wait and see what happens next before gnashing our teeth about it.
    Ha, this is not the way the internet works!

Hehe! Okay, I'll set up XXXXXnotBond.com now and we can start campaigning that the next guy is terrible now :D
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    100% Cary should return. I’m my opinion, No Time To Die feels like a classic James Bond adventure, and I’d love to see what he could do with a clean slate as you mention @talos7 :)
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 389
    Why not go with a relative unknown, do proper auditions, bit like with Connery.

PS: Did you know Flemming didn't like the idea of Connery until he met him?
  • manovermanover uk
    I suspect the actual casting for new bond wont be until 2023/2024.
    I suspect it will be 2024.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I feel like we'll get a hiatus once the dust settles
    I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be a few years and I'm nervous radical changes are over the hill
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be a few years and I'm nervous radical changes are over the hill

Yep :(

Now we now they’re all about being radical and making changes. So anything goes...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Univex wrote: »

Now we now they’re all about being radical and making changes. So anything goes...

But the are also savvy enough to change course, FYEO and CR being the most notable. I don’t think they’ll go back to the Moore or Brosnan excesses but I do think they will go for a somewhat lighter, escapist tone.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    talos7 wrote: »

But the are also savvy enough to change course, FYEO and CR being the most notable. I don’t think they’ll go back to the Moore or Brosnan excesses but I do think they will go for a somewhat lighter, escapist tone.

I think that's very possible, yeah you're right- it's where the past few films have gradually lead in some part. I can't really second guess where they'll go, I don't think any of us can.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I've said this quite a few times on other pages, but I personally really think No Time to Die was the perfect harmony of an old-school classic and modern, and I really think should be a benchmark going forward - which is again why I think it would be a really good idea to try and get Cary on board for a clean slate.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I've said this quite a few times on other pages, but I personally really think No Time to Die was the perfect harmony of an old-school classic and modern, and I really think should be a benchmark going forward - which is again why I think it would be a really good idea to try and get Cary on board for a clean slate.

I would love to see a balanced direction, but without going so deeply into the personal drama.
  • mightbesherlockmightbesherlock Scotland
    edited October 2021 Posts: 6
    So it came eventually, the demise of Daniel Craig as 007 but what of the future?
    Can i get a thumbs up for the possibility of Tom Hiddleston as the next Bond.
    His portrayal in The Night Manager should at least get him an audition....
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 389
    Can i get a thumbs up for the possibility of Tom Hiddleston as the next Bond.
    His portrayal in The Night Manager should at least get him an audition....

Problem is he's 40, could have been good for this current movie, so next movie 3 years minimum away, so 42 when he starts filming, what I'm saying is he's too old already, Connery was 32 and Craig 38 when their 1st Bond came out, if you want some continuity then the new actor needs to be well under 40, which makes me think of what my Father used to say, " You know your getting old when Bond is younger than you are".

PS: Sorry copied didn't spot first line.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2021 Posts: 5,834
    [removed]
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Well that's it ruined, cheers guys.

Yes it's my fault for coming onto a Bond site, but it's not exactly hard to not drop spoilers is it? One of this lot even went in the 'NO SPOILERS' reactions thread to drop a load of spoilers as if it was hard to read the title, but it seems retroactively changing the name of the thread is how we're doing it.

Why do there need to be spoilers in this thread, mods? Is there a regeneration sequence into the next Bond or something?
    Imagine ruining NTTD for at least one member on this site just to pose the immensely overasked question about whether or not Tom Hiddleston, one of the most popular actors on the planet right now, would be a good Bond. @mtm that isn't your fault whatsoever, you've been punished for deliberately avoiding the spoiler threads.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yep, I'm pissed off. I've even been avoiding the 'no spoilers' reaction thread since some members are so arrogant they can't respect even that. And Hiddleston is rubbish, he's always been fey, bad-acting rubbish.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    @mightbesherlock can you remove the spoiler please?

What spoiler? Daniel Craigs demise (end) as his tenure of Bond has occurred.
    Thats a perfectly acceptable statement isnt it?
    Yep, I'm pissed off. I've even been avoiding the 'no spoilers' reaction thread since some members are so arrogant they can't respect even that. And Hiddleston is rubbish, he's always been fey, bad-acting rubbish.

And MTM, are you telling me that even though youve been a member since 2011 (10 years) that youve not seen or heard ANY SPOILERS AT ALL? Methinks he doth protest too much M'Lud.
    An apology would be acceptable here from a long standing member to a noob who hasnt given ANYTHING away and asked what he believed was an innocuous question.
    Thank you.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

And MTM, are you telling me that even though youve been a member since 2011 (10 years) that youve not seen or heard ANY SPOILERS AT ALL? Methinks he doth protest too much M'Lud.
    An apology would be acceptable here from a long standing member to a noob who hasnt given ANYTHING away and asked what he believed was an innocuous question.
    Thank you.

Don't be a dick.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have put the post in question in spoiler tags. @mightbesherlock, please remember that not everyone has had a chance to see NTTD. There are already specific threads for spoiler discussion, this isn’t one.

Thank you.

Absolutely no one owes you an apology and you know PRECISELY what you did. That's all I'll add to this.
  • God this place is so full of precious dicks, so over & out.

PS: For those who haven't served over & out means over to you but shut up.
    And I agree, with time I'm sure I'll see the first 40 m of NTTD as magnificent. I just need to detach them from the rest of the film. Bring on the blu ray ;)

Aww but the film only reaches Cuba and introduces Paloma in the 45th minute and she's around until the 57th minute mark and I've had said that whole sequence was pretty decent. Maybe you liked the first hour?
    God this place is so full of precious dicks, so over & out.

PS: For those who haven't served over & out means over to you but shut up.

No, please, do elaborate how someone having a movie they waited six years for spoiled randomly in a thread that has little to do with said movie makes them a "precious dick." Because you saying that makes YOU, if anyone, look like the "precious dick," particularly in the way you repeatedly hold your service above everyone else's head as if it gives you a monopoly on being upset. I really hate that I might be the person to break this to you but the fact that you served in and of itself doesn't actually make you a better or more deserving person nor does it give you a monopoly on emotions.
    Cowley wrote: »
    And I agree, with time I'm sure I'll see the first 40 m of NTTD as magnificent. I just need to detach them from the rest of the film. Bring on the blu ray ;)

Aww but the film only reaches Cuba and introduces Paloma in the 45th minute and she's around until the 57th minute mark and I've had said that whole sequence was pretty decent. Maybe you liked the first hour?

Oh yes, thank you, I needed a more correct time stamp. First hour it is, then :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    There’s far too much discussion of NTTD in here, especially events that take place within the film.
    All of which is not required in a thread about the casting of James Bond #7

There are still plenty of us who have yet to see No Time To Die and shouldn’t have to read spoilers or plot details in a safe thread like this.
    Somewhere out there is an actor who’s life is going to change tremendously in the next three to five years.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Benny wrote: »
    There’s far too much discussion of NTTD in here, especially events that take place within the film.
    All of which is not required in a thread about the casting of James Bond #7

There are still plenty of us who have yet to see No Time To Die and shouldn’t have to read spoilers or plot details in a safe thread like this.

Has the thread title has been changed by a mod to allow spoilers or is that just to warn folks of what’s already in here?