NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - First Reactions vs. Current Reactions

NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
edited June 2022 in No Time To Die Posts: 7,567
There will be a number of threads appearing here which will remain closed until deemed applicable.

This of course is the first one, and once the Premier is under way we will be opening this thread.

Comments

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    This thread is now live. If you want to avoid spoilers then AVOID THIS THREAD.

Enjoy the film.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 4,400
    I will be at the press screening in London tonight! So excited! It felt like trying to go to sleep on Xmas eve yesterday.

2afe92bd81c1db4cb07c2646be88259e.gif
    I will be at the press screening in London tonight! So excited! It felt like trying to go to sleep on Xmas eve yesterday.

@Pierce2Daniel I always enjoy reading your in-depth thoughts - can’t wait to see yours about this!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I would suggest that, even if spoilers are allowed in this thread (and they are), maybe steer clear of discussing the end of the film? Or, at least put that part in spoiler tags?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,343

Hope you're gonna love it (lucky b.)! :D
  • FoxRox wrote: »

@Pierce2Daniel I always enjoy reading your in-depth thoughts - can’t wait to see yours about this!

That's very kind of you to say!
    NicNac wrote: »
    I would suggest that, even if spoilers are allowed in this thread (and they are), maybe steer clear of discussing the end of the film? Or, at least put that part in spoiler tags?

Absolutely. I will not post anything remotely spoiler-y till 30 September once people have seen it. Whatever comments I post will not contain anything about the ending - even in spoiler tags. I would hate to ruin the surprises for anyone.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

That's great, I hope you enjoy it mate
  • You guys don't know how lucky you are! I'm shielding (can't leave the house) and sticking it out till the 14th January when it's released on Blu-ray. Hope you all love it and looking forward to reading all your reactions/reviews!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    You guys don't know how lucky you are! I'm shielding (can't leave the house) and sticking it out till the 14th January when it's released on Blu-ray. Hope you all love it and looking forward to reading all your reactions/reviews!

That seems like a long gap, particularly in these times. Any information on when it will be available through streaming?

If it comes to DVD/blu-ray/4K in January, I'm guessing it'll hit streaming in mid-to-late December, or the 1st of January at the latest.
  • There hasn't been any info on it, but as far as I'm concerned it can't come soon enough!
    My God.
    My God.

NO idea how to interpret this XD
    My God.
    My God.

Good or bad?
  • I'm reading on reddit that the gunbarrel is... non - traditional... I'm really hoping it's someone just doing a good job of pretending to have seen the film, because they say that there is
    no blood in the gunbarrel sequence...
  • BMB007 wrote: »
    My God.
    My God.

Good or bad?

Stirred.
  • I’m lost for words…
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    I'm reading on reddit that the gunbarrel is... non - traditional... I'm really hoping it's someone just doing a good job of pretending to have seen the film, because they say that there is

Link to the source?
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 55
    Great movie, definitely second favourite behind CR
  • TheBondFan wrote: »
    I'm reading on reddit that the gunbarrel is... non - traditional... I'm really hoping it's someone just doing a good job of pretending to have seen the film, because they say that there is

Link to the source?

https://www.reddit.com/r/JamesBond/comments/pxgofg/just_got_out_of_screening_craig_finished_on_a/
    Have you seen that?
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 328
    007007x wrote: »

This is encouraging and what I suspected from the trailers/clips.
  • 007007x wrote: »

If you've seen it, can you confirm the info I saw on the gunbarrel?
  • TheBondFan wrote: »

If you've seen it, can you confirm the info I saw on the gunbarrel?

Can confirm
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 12,242
    RIP. No traditional gun barrels this era xP
    FoxRox wrote: »
    RIP. No traditional gun barrels this era xP

That already drops the film in my rankings by a substantial margin.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I thought if anyone would manage one, it’d be Fukunaga. Shame.
  • The gunbarrel pans out to snow, so it has that cold steel looking tint, Daniel did a better job with this barrel than in SF and SP in my opinion
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    No blood is kinda sad.
    The gunbarrel pans out to snow, so it has that cold steel looking tint, Daniel did a better job with this barrel than in SF and SP in my opinion

That actually sounds kind of cool. I revoke my last post.
    Does he wear a suit or a tuxedo in the gb?