No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited September 2021 Posts: 1,314
    Wow. I know some people don’t like the overuse of the Db5 but for me it’s a link to a bygone era of glamour and sophistication. And if there is a better looking car ever designed, I haven’t seen it.

This clip has more danger than the whole rome spectre Chase
  • I haven’t been watching the clips but I’m loving all the positive impressions. I think we are gonna have a real winner on our hands. The more visceral intensity to the action is something I’m particularly excited for as I thought that was a bit of a misstep to move away from that direction with Skyfall and Spectre since it kind of wastes Craig’s brutish physicality. Skyfall managed to still have some quality action scenes despite the calmer, more stylized direction, but Spectre (train fight aside) was positively sedate.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Facts for hardcore nerds :P

3d???
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is only shown in 2d here.
    cwl007 wrote: »
    Because of all the press stiff I watched and listened to yesterday I ended up have a dream about NTTD last night and woke up with these thoughts and predictions;
    - Nomi IS 007 when Bond meets her, definitely. The "you're a double 0?" line that Bond says to her is a trailer edit/trailer only line. Nomi's response of "the world's moved on" is a bit empty otherwise. The real world has had women in jobs of that type for a long time and so has been the case in Bond's world. Bond has met Anya, Goodhead, Pam, Wai Lin, Jinx, Camille, Frost previously so probably hasn't been shocked by a "a woman" since MR. No, I think In the film proper Bond says "you're 007" and the response of "world's moved on" means you've been replaced Bond.
    Lashana's strange answer to Graham Norton last night only convinces me further. She gave this odd "I like to know what other people think" question steer. Why would any other 00 designation matter one bit to anyone if it was revealed?
    - One thing I've wondered for a long time is how does Bond get his 007 back without the controversy of a 'progressive' decision being undone when the man reappears! Well, I do really think Bond either dies or is left ambiguous to all, possibly including the audience. Nomi then GIVES it back to him willingly as a posthumous tribute.
    - Which leads me to my main dream. This has spin off written all over it. We know EON have toyed with this idea for years to no avail. If Nomi works as a character then we'll have a 00whatever companion film. I'm convinced of it. I'm just really hoping they are not silly enough to have that 'whatever' as 7 going forward!

Please recall that early in TB there is a briefing in a massive room about the new mission. All the (available) 00 agents are present, with "FYEO" packets before them. Among them is a woman agent. And no one back then protested that there was a WOMAN DOUBLE-O AGENT !!!! After all - OF COURSE THERE WOULD BE WOMAN AGENTS !
    Contraband wrote: »
    Jimjambond wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Awesome clip in that article!

Check your DM

Can you send me the clip too, please?

Goodness he's pissed — and how small she gets there, that uncertainty and fear. Like what she has to say will change everything...
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2021 Posts: 469

It kinda makes me a bit sad hearing the voicework of Nomi in the other countries because they sound so damn confident. Russian Nomi has a really deep purr, that is seductive yet still strong and italian Nomi is also the same, though a little lighter. But Lashana puts on this weird, really willowy whisper that seems really uncharacteristically weak.
    Will be shedding a tear at DCs last scene

I probably will too.

Unless of course Craig's final scene has him uttering : " A little soap here, a little soap there. DRAT!!! I dropped the soap. THAT is not the soap............ha ha........OOOHHH."

Then I'll be laughing during Craig's last scene.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    It would be cool if they never tell if she is the new 007 or not, and the viewer could make his own interpretation...
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    duke_togo wrote: »
    It would be cool if they never tell if she is the new 007 or not, and the viewer could make his own interpretation...

I actually like that it's stated that she is 007, makes for a lot of solid conflict as Nomi and Bond try to impress each other
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I actually like that it's stated that she is 007, makes for a lot of solid conflict as Nomi and Bond try to impress each other
    I like this too. You can get a lot of humour out of it.

I'll also accept this idea:

Nomi attempts to reveal her number several times throughout the film but keeps getting interrupted.

Bond: "What number are you?"
    Nomi: "I'm double-oh-- Wait a minute, hold that thought. My phone is ringing."
    Nomi: "Now, what were you asking me?"
    Bond: "I said, what number are you?"
    Nomi: "I'm double-oh-sev-- Arrgh damn it, that's my phone again, hang on a sec."
    Nomi: "Sorry, can you ask me that again?"
    Bond: "Look, just forget it. You may have my number, but you're not half the agent I was!"
    Nomi: "What the hell are you talking about? I'm double-oh-seventeen."
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    I like that the DB5 is clearly in Silver Birch (if that is its official colour), rather the champagne tone it seemed to have in some of the teasers.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 3,018
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Will be shedding a tear at DCs last scene

I probably will too.

Unless of course Craig's final scene has him uttering : " A little soap here, a little soap there. DRAT!!! I dropped the soap. THAT is not the soap............ha ha........OOOHHH."

Then I'll be laughing during Craig's last scene.

Isn't that pretty much the ending of AVTAK ?
    QBranch wrote: »

Nomi attempts to reveal her number several times throughout the film but keeps getting interrupted.

Nomi: "I'm double-oh-sev-- Arrgh damn it, that's my phone again, hang on a sec."
    Bond: "Look, just forget it. You may have my number, but you're not half the agent I was!"

And there is precedent ! Perhaps not from the films...?...but I recall a 4-digit double-0 agent in at least one of the books.
  • NoTimeToLiveNoTimeToLive Jamaica
    Since62 wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »

And there is precedent ! Perhaps not from the films...?...but I recall a 4-digit double-0 agent in at least one of the books.

I think the agent killed before the events of TWINE was 0012 according to the movie's novelization.
    Thanks ! BTW - going down the line of Only-a-Fan-Would-Care, does anyone have any feeling about odd or even double-0 numbers ? Try to exclude any favoritism for the odd-numbered ones due to knowing Bond has an odd number. OK ? Now...personally, I'm fonder of the odd numbers. As I wrote, only a fan could care.
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Wow. I know some people don’t like the overuse of the Db5 but for me it’s a link to a bygone era of glamour and sophistication. And if there is a better looking car ever designed, I haven’t seen it.

This clip has more danger than the whole rome spectre Chase

Nailed it.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    There are several agents with 4-digit numbers, and at least 4 female 00 agents.

Including agent 0069, Miranda Frost!
    ...and since she was a double agent, she'd be a quadruple 0 ???
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,554
    Mallory wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    The element in the chase that I find really effective , which is near the end of the clip , is when the guy on the scooter comes flying by from behind the camera; this really adds a sense of unpredictability to the sequence. The audience doesn’t know what’s ahead and around the next corner.

Also the camera moves as well and focuses on the bike, makes it much more noticable and visceral

Not to mention, CJF uses a bit of a fish-eye lens on the front of the DB5, as Bond and Madeleine are getting in. It's an interesting filmmaking choice,
    TripAces wrote: »
    The element in the chase that I find really effective , which is near the end of the clip , is when the guy on the scooter comes flying by from behind the camera; this really adds a sense of unpredictability to the sequence. The audience doesn’t know what’s ahead and around the next corner.

Also the camera moves as well and focuses on the bike, makes it much more noticable and visceral

Not to mention, CJF uses a bit of a fish-eye lens on the front of the DB5, as Bond and Madeleine are getting in. It's an interesting filmmaking choice,

CJF is big on his wide-angles across the board, which is unusual for Bond.
    FourDot wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

CJF is big on his wide-angles across the board, which is unusual for Bond.

Hope the Norway bits have a little bit of his wonderfully wide shots a la the jungle in Beasts of No Nation .
  • I think this time next week there’ll be a lot of talk about Cary Joji Fukunaga being the breakout star of the film. He fell off the radar a bit after Beasts of No Nation, but if this is as good as it looks I think he’ll be very much in the conversation of big budget auteurs like Nolan and Villeneuve and likely find himself on a lot of shortlists.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    I think this time next week there’ll be a lot of talk about Cary Joji Fukunaga being the breakout star of the film. He fell off the radar a bit after Beasts of No Nation, but if this is as good as it looks I think he’ll be very much in the conversation of big budget auteurs like Nolan and Villeneuve and likely find himself on a lot of shortlists.

Agreed 100%… assuming the film is strong through and through, Cary will be in VERY high demand.
    British forum members, don't forget!

Documentary 'Being James Bond' airs Sunday evening (26 sept), 10.20pm - 11.15pm, on ITV