Comments

• Cool behind the scenes look at a scene we have not seen much of

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    Cool behind the scenes look at a scene we have not seen much of

Ooh; that looks pretty cool.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

At around 1min 05 there's a brief glimpse of Cary Fukunaga's stunt double ;)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Pretty cool stuff, thanks for sharing. Been looking forward to this sequence - great to finally see something from it. Another plane stunt overseen by Gregg Wilson, perhaps.

Some photos of the biggest Bond replica props I've been in contact with - two CMA CGM containers at my workplace, which, naturally, had me grinning wide upon seeing them:

51485646786_c9b609a738_o.png
    51485646661_0136b83d5b_o.png

Maybe Zukovsky is waiting inside to meet Bond?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Can anyone save the DHL vlog from here or fix a download link?

https://www.notimetodie.dhl/en

The concrete runtime:

163 minutes 51 seconds (Theatrical and Blu-Ray, 24 frames per second)

157 minutes 18 seconds (TV and DVD, 25 frames per second)

https://www.fsk.de/asp/fskkarte.asp?pvid=618583
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia

Do we think it is Bond or Logan Ash that steal the plane in this sequence…as we see bond swimming from a sinking ship in the trailers??

Contraband wrote: »

I'm upload it in YT right now
    Since62 wrote: »
    Ever since Inglourious Basterds I would not blame Christoph Waltz for skipping film premieres...and it has nothing to do with Covid...

What happened there?
  • silva13silva13 Australia

Do we think it is Bond or Logan Ash that steal the plane in this sequence…as we see bond swimming from a sinking ship in the trailers??

[/quote]
    I think Bond takes the waldo on the plane to meet the boat at sea where Felix and Logan are waiting. Then Logan betrays, bombs the boat and escapes on the plane with Waldo?
    An official partner of the 25th James Bond film, No Time To Die, CMA CGM granted filmmakers EON Productions unprecedented access to Kingston Container Terminal in Jamaica to shoot an action sequence with a seaplane, and the vessel CMA CGM FORT SAINT GEORGES features in the film when Bond is rescued from the ocean.

Filming took place at the CMA CGM-operated Kingston South Quay Terminal in Jamaica, a strategic transhipment hub for the Group in the Caribbean, located at the exit of the Panama Canal and the crossroads of the North/South and East/West lines.

Flying the French flag and under the leadership of French Masters, the vessels CMA CGM FORT SAINT GEORGES (2,260 TEUs1) and CMA CGM FORT DE FRANCE (3,504 TEUs) and more than 1,000 containers were mobilised for the shoot. In addition, a dozen crew, including the Master, took part in the filming.

• DraxCucumberSandwichDraxCucumberSandwich United Kingdom
    I never knew that DVDs run faster than Blurays - the film is actually speeded up. I guess it makes sense with more frames per second being displayed

Don’t think I’ll ever be watching the Thunderball finale on DVD, with the Disco Volante ping ponging around the place

Go France go!!

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Since62 wrote: »
    Ever since Inglourious Basterds I would not blame Christoph Waltz for skipping film premieres...and it has nothing to do with Covid...

What happened there?

I suspect they mean the climax of the movie itself :)
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 847

Go France go!!

Well France haven't a great internet speed on everywhere in it's territory (still in 2021!), and I'm in a bad part of it. But 40 min later it's finaly online :

Go France go!!

Well France haven't a great internet speed on everywhere in it's territory (still in 2021!), and I'm in a bad part of it. But 40 min later it's finaly online :

Great. Thanks for the help

• HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited September 2021 Posts: 467
    I never knew that DVDs run faster than Blurays - the film is actually speeded up. I guess it makes sense with more frames per second being displayed

Don’t think I’ll ever be watching the Thunderball finale on DVD, with the Disco Volante ping ponging around the place

The film isn't sped up on DVD in America, Japan and a few other territories. It is a matter of NTSC vs PAL countries, or more exactly the AC electricity being 115 V/60 Hz or 230 V/50 Hz.
    When they developed the standards for broadcast television in the 40s or 50s, they used as a base for sync the frequency of the electricity to interlace frames. So, it was 50 half-frames (odd then even lines) per second in territories that used 50 Hz, and 59,97 (not 60, to prevent artefacts) for 60 Hz.
    As movies are 24 frames per second, they had to find some workarounds to show them on TV. In 60 Hz countries such as the US, they used some complex process called "3:2 pulldown" to duplicate a few half-frames, the movies or TV programs shot on film then end up being shown at 23.976 frames per second, and each hour of film is thus four seconds longer when screened on TV. In the rest of the world, they simply sped up the screening slightly, to make it 25 fps (also note that a few European shows were shot on film at 25 fps directly), which makes an hour of film last basically 58 minutes on TV. It also makes the sound pitch higher by half a tone, something that's often corrected on the soundtrack.

The DVDs maintained the two norms (50 and 60 Hz) apart, especially as they were still played on analog TV sets that couldn't play properly multiple frequencies. But digital made stuff such as the current frequency less relevant, and flatscreens more and more added a few additional standards in addition to the local native frequency. With Blu-ray, most programs are encoded at 24 (or 23.976) Hz (progressive) without any additional manipulation. If you have an old TV that doesn't accept this speed, the player can still apply the 3:2 pulldown stuff on the frames.

It's likely that there won't be a unified standard for broadcast television and regions will keep using 50 Hz and 60 Hz, as it would be very expensive and time-consuming to do so, and compatibility issues would plague old equipments. But streaming services, for instance, can usually stream their content at 23.976 fps worldwide.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    The concrete runtime:

163 minutes 51 seconds (Theatrical and Blu-Ray, 24 frames per second)

157 minutes 18 seconds (TV and DVD, 25 frames per second)

https://www.fsk.de/asp/fskkarte.asp?pvid=618583

So the official runtime is 164 minutes.

Loved the Jamaican set at the port. Gregg seems in charge for every big action set piece that involves planes. :D
  • DraxCucumberSandwichDraxCucumberSandwich United Kingdom
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. I’m in the U.K. and I recall similar PAL vs NTSC issues plaguing video game releases over here back in the PlayStation / PlayStation 2 era before HDTVs made 60fps and 30fps games the standard. Folk here used to grumble all the time that they weren’t getting the genuine game as the developers intended.

So, as regards Broadcast TV, it’s still the case that in some regions the movie plays slower than the actual film, and in other regions it plays a little faster
  • Contraband wrote: »

What an incredible set.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 2,436

It means that the sound on a PAL DVD is also 4% higher in pitch that on a blu-ray.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Can I just say how excited for the dock scene I am? With all the fog, the nightscape, and the very traditional setting of the docks, shipping containers and cranes, it feels like the quintessential scene from any early 90s action thriller.

Even though we haven't seen any footage of the dock scene, it's already become one of the things I'm most looking forward to in NTTD.

I can't believe we've got just under 2 weeks ago! it's been fantastic seeking out pics, playing detective with what little info we had at the start, and seeing our predictions materialise with you guys for the last 2 years. Never for another movie or franchise have I had the blessing to be involved in such a great community, and I hope the buildup to Bond 26 in teh coming years will also bring around such an atmosphere again!
    AgentM72 wrote: »

What an incredible set.
    It's fantastic. Hope we get to see all around his house in the film, and in the surrounding forest a bit too.
    Can I just say how excited for the dock scene I am? With all the fog, the nightscape, and the very traditional setting of the docks, shipping containers and cranes, it feels like the quintessential scene from any early 90s action thriller.

Even though we haven't seen any footage of the dock scene, it's already become one of the things I'm most looking forward to in NTTD.
    Same here. I really like scenes on the docks and around warehouses. I live in an industrial area, not sure why it fascinates me though.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Any word yet on when we can expect a new clip from the film??
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Any word yet on when we can expect a new clip from the film??

Maybe on Graham Norton show next friday. The only new clip I have is the Matera chase from the documentary

FYI: Not a single cast member booked/listed - so far - next week on US talkshows

https://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    Have loved listening to the podcasts, and whilst the visual snippets and vids are fun, they have been so similar for the last year, where as these recordings with the production teams and cast help to reinforce their affection for the series and the fans, and the understanding of what their audiences love and look forward to.
    These have really helped to flesh out the personalities of the cast in particular and hearing how each of them connect with the locations and the casting process has been a brilliant insight.
    It certainly sounds like there has been so much consideration for every detail and it’s great to hear that the same teams come back every i time because it’s Bond. Hans Zimmer’s account is extraordinary and I look forward to the soundtrack almost as much as the film.
    Can’t wait to see the promotional material across London this weekend.