No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Hope you don't need Itune or need anything to download/register...Would piss me off (and I'm sure I not will be the only one).

I guess you need to register but I can't work out if you need a paid subscription or not.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It seems for new subscribers in general, you can simply get a free seven day trial of Apple TV+ and watch it whenever you'd like before canceling. You may still have to "register" for an account that you can simply cancel once you've accepted the free trial. iTunes shouldn't be required for this, unless it's a separate app through there. I just use it either on my Roku or on my PS5.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Can someone report back with screencaps of new NTTD footage?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I was also curious if there'd be any new NTTD footage shown or not.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I was also curious if there'd be any new NTTD footage shown or not.

I'll and get some screencaps, but some might be a little spoilery.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    It did say in the description there would be new footage from CR all the way to NTTD. I can’t wait.
    Until I can get some caps, feel free to ask me about the documentary.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Can't wait.

I do have an account but I haven't used apple in a while.

If anyone can spare the energy I'd love to get video of the new BTS as well!
    mtm wrote: »
    Excellent, I didn't know the date was as soon as tomorrow. I'll certainly check it out with this free Apple TV subscription I have for the time being.

Yes I have one of those too; can’t see myself paying to subscribe- there’s nothing on there! :)
    I can’t work out if you need Apple TV or you can just watch it through iTunes. It’s all a bit confusing now.

I want to check out The Mosquito Coast but other than that, it's a graveyard of content.

It seems Apple TV + is the subscription service that will carry Being James Bond. No actual, physical Apple TV will be required thankfully.

Don't need the subscription - it's just a free rental on the iTunes Store (which has been rebranded mostly as Apple TV, much like Apple Music for music). Hence the confusion...You may need to rent it first from an Apple device but once it's in your account you can watch on smart TVs/latest Chromecast, Fire TV stick.

@Contraband on the Leica thing, called them up this morning to confirm this report re: the 007 Edition camera being on sale from Thursday https://issuu.com/yourmedialondon/docs/sept_21_ydc

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    antovolk wrote: »
    Excellent, I didn't know the date was as soon as tomorrow. I'll certainly check it out with this free Apple TV subscription I have for the time being.

Yes I have one of those too; can’t see myself paying to subscribe- there’s nothing on there! :)
    I can’t work out if you need Apple TV or you can just watch it through iTunes. It’s all a bit confusing now.

I want to check out The Mosquito Coast but other than that, it's a graveyard of content.

It seems Apple TV + is the subscription service that will carry Being James Bond. No actual, physical Apple TV will be required thankfully.

Don't need the subscription - it's just a free rental on the iTunes Store (which has been rebranded mostly as Apple TV, much like Apple Music for music). Hence the confusion...You may need to rent it first from an Apple device but once it's in your account you can watch on smart TVs/latest Chromecast, Fire TV stick.

Thank you; yes, that was my confusion. I didn't know they did that at all.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Anyone know if a VPN will work? For those who don't want to wait until tomorrow ;).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    00Heaven wrote: »
    Anyone know if a VPN will work? For those who don't want to wait until tomorrow ;).

It didn't work for me but I've never quite the hang of them.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

@Contraband on the Leica thing, called them up this morning to confirm this report re: the 007 Edition camera being on sale from Thursday https://issuu.com/yourmedialondon/docs/sept_21_ydc

Gotcha. Even two new stills in that magazine. Wohoo

You don't need a VPN to access a different country's iTunes store. Have an Australian account I just rented it from. (Or you can change the region in your existing account, just come up with any valid address/phone number)
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    I looked, cannot find it anywhere. I had an Apple TV thing but let it lapse- nothing of value for me.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited September 2021 Posts: 5,869
    This is a bit random but I really love Madeleine's look here:

vDlM0J6.jpeg
    I can tell literally from just the trailers and few bits of footage shown Madeleine is going to be far better used in this film. I can’t wait, and hoping other elements of SP can be “redeemed” so to speak in addition to all the great new stuff.
  • She looks great in that sequence. The set is lit beautifully too. I really like the job the set and costume designers have done on this one. Very contemporary but classic and simple in a way that still feels like Bond. In some ways Fukunaga almost seems to have some similarities to Tamahori with DAD attempting to modernize the franchise aesthetically, but it seems like Cary is actually succeeding on this one.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

You don't need a VPN to access a different country's iTunes store. Have an Australian account I just rented it from. (Or you can change the region in your existing account, just come up with any valid address/phone number)

How do you change the region? I can't find the setting anywhere. Are you changing it on the TV app or on your computer?
    For those after the NTTD specific portion of 'Being James Bond', you can watch it here:
    Link
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home

How do you change the region? I can't find the setting anywhere. Are you changing it on the TV app or on your computer?

I've just finished watching it now.

What I did was I did it via iTunes. Any other way wanted me to input my CC details.

I generated a random Australian address through a fake address generator online.

Hopefully this helps.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    For those after the NTTD specific portion of 'Being James Bond', you can watch it here:
    Link
    Wow, the new car chase footage looks fantastic.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Link

Thanks for the upload.

Car chase in Matera looks really cool. And love the BTS-footage.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 6,677
    Wow, that was really very good. Well done, EON. That last shot of Dan throwing the ppk away, from SP, with the music playing, was spot on. MGW's voice sounds so frail, though. That really hit me hard. And all the new footage did more for me than the two new trailers combined. A bit of Zimmer's there, also. Well done, EON.

And thank you so much, @Red_Snow.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    If you are waiting to see it in your own regions when it releases... It's well worth the 45 minutes.

It reinforced one thing for me... We're gonna miss DC now he's gone.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    No download link for the real thing? I'm struggling to change my apple region.
    Oh my God, I did not expect to get emotional watching that, but holy sh*t. When Daniel broke down expressing his gratitude to everyone, and the final montage with “it’s all right now” and the OHMSS music… it means the world. This is the James Bond I grew up with, and it really is culminating now. I am so glad Spectre wasn’t it. I have to have faith they did this thing justice and sent him out with a terrific bang. And as he said, he is now forever part of the Bond legacy along all the classics <3
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Oh my God, I did not expect to get emotional watching that, but holy sh*t. When Daniel broke down expressing his gratitude to everyone, and the final montage with “it’s all right now” and the OHMSS music… it means the world. This is the James Bond I grew up with, and it really is culminating now. I am so glad Spectre wasn’t it. I have to have faith they did this thing justice and sent him out with a terrific bang. And as he said, he is now forever part of the Bond legacy along all the classics <3

Somehow I held it together but I almost choked too! I'm interested to see how many others get the same feeling lol.
    FoxRox wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. I was not expecting to tear up at the end of that.

The documentary really exceed my expectations.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    For those who want more info on how to change your region.. The best way to do it is in iTunes.

Then go to account->view my account.

It will prompt you for your apple ID user and password... Input it.

Then what you need to do is edit your billing address under Apple ID summary. Just select "No card" so you don't need to input any billing details.

When you change your location to Australia, I used this website to generator a fake address: https://www.fakeaddressgenerator.com/World/au_address_generator

After that you should be able to go to the store and search for it.