No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    So much new footage that I don't know were to begin.. Haha.

This is so damn cool whatever it is

B57V9yW.jpg
    y6v7L79.jpg
    7eqhVRC.jpg
    ep7SnOI.jpg
    aq5aqml.jpg

Yeah that's my favourite bit too. Craig also looks great there.
    I LOVE the last trailer. OK that's it.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Is anyone else disturbed about how Safin says “in love with Madeleine Swann… I could be speaking to my own reflection…” given how old she was when he first knew her?

Read the following:
    Another super critical thing about the trailer is this shot that lasts half a second.
    unknown.png?width=1440&height=607

I think this resembles some sort of freezing container for cells, specifically...
    Egg cells. The C word gets thrown around a lot, but could we actually be on the money?

Not to mention the line of being in love with Madeleine, when we know the only interaction he has had with her so far is seeing her and her mother as a child....

Could Madeleine not be the actual, original Madeleine? It's been a theory that I, along with a few other people here have had since 2019, and maybe Apollo was shining on us from the very beginning...
    Interesting thoughts. I’m convinced both Bond having a child AND the clone thing are at least somewhat true. The line from the clip shown - not seen to the public - about Madeleine being the “daughter of SPECTRE” makes perfect sense though in this theory of her being the clone. Produced by Safin, when he worked for SPECTRE before at some point falling out with them for some reason (“whoever they are, is smarter and stronger than SPECTRE” - Fukunaga)

I agree and have always contended that SPECTRE went to the cabin to retrieve Madeline.

The translated Korean synopsis gives a little more info:
    "It signals the release of a new type of biochemical weapon capable of selective DNA attack."
    I don’t really know what they mean about “selective DNA attack”, but something in the real world like HIV is a retrovirus which has an enzyme that converts it from RNA into DNA allowing it to nestle itself within your own genome, and continue making viruses. TLDR: viruses exist that can alter DNA
    Just spitballing here, nothing concrete:
    I wonder if Bond isn't a target of Safin's genetic shenanigans, but it's some revenge against Spectre people. Remember in Spectre? The rings with the DNA? What if it targets people such as "daughter of Spectre" Madeleine Swann...and by extension Mathilde. Thus why it's Blofeld's enemy — it'll kill him too.

Again, not too confident in this. But seems to be some threads there.
    Denbigh wrote: »

Im really looking forward to this
    After watching the final US trailer for No Time To Die it really does feel it will not only be Craig’s last Bond film, but the final Bond film in general (even tho we know it wont be).
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    The way Craig said okay to Swann gave me goosebumps. He looks so cool and badass in this one, something I kinda missed in the Mendes combo…
    mtm wrote: »
    So much new footage that I don't know were to begin.. Haha.

This is so damn cool whatever it is

B57V9yW.jpg
    y6v7L79.jpg
    7eqhVRC.jpg
    ep7SnOI.jpg
    aq5aqml.jpg

Yeah that's my favourite bit too. Craig also looks great there.

What if we are seeing Bond from Primo’s cybernetic eye here...? It’s gotta be someone’s point of view.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 1,215
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    After watching the final US trailer for No Time To Die it really does feel it will not only be Craig’s last Bond film, but the final Bond film in general (even tho we know it wont be).

Well in a sense it is the final Bond film. It's interesting because since they've decided to make the Craig films their own distinct continuity, they can actually explore the concept of making "the last Bond movie." That's one of the most exciting aspects for me, is to see how they execute that.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Has anyone taken any screen caps of the trailer yet?
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Question; we know he drives the 87 TLD Vantage. Where has this car been? It wasn't in or even hinted at in the others. The DB5 he kept in that garage; where is this one hiding?
  • Question; we know he drives the 87 TLD Vantage. Where has this car been? It wasn't in or even hinted at in the others. The DB5 he kept in that garage; where is this one hiding?

It’s in the garage, you can see him taking the cover off the car in the first trailer.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2021 Posts: 469
    BMB007 wrote: »
    Is anyone else disturbed about how Safin says “in love with Madeleine Swann… I could be speaking to my own reflection…” given how old she was when he first knew her?

Read the following:
    Another super critical thing about the trailer is this shot that lasts half a second.

I think this resembles some sort of freezing container for cells, specifically...
    Egg cells. The C word gets thrown around a lot, but could we actually be on the money?

Not to mention the line of being in love with Madeleine, when we know the only interaction he has had with her so far is seeing her and her mother as a child....

Could Madeleine not be the actual, original Madeleine? It's been a theory that I, along with a few other people here have had since 2019, and maybe Apollo was shining on us from the very beginning...
    Interesting thoughts. I’m convinced both Bond having a child AND the clone thing are at least somewhat true. The line from the clip shown - not seen to the public - about Madeleine being the “daughter of SPECTRE” makes perfect sense though in this theory of her being the clone. Produced by Safin, when he worked for SPECTRE before at some point falling out with them for some reason (“whoever they are, is smarter and stronger than SPECTRE” - Fukunaga)

I agree and have always contended that SPECTRE went to the cabin to retrieve Madeline.

"It signals the release of a new type of biochemical weapon capable of selective DNA attack."

That's so "Metal Gear Solid", I love it.

foxhound_L_I_T.png

foxdie!!!!!!!!

Apollo has blessed me again, from the Nomi is Raiden joke to this
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling
    So given the new footage, how confident are we on wether or not
    Safin is Dr. No
  • So given the new footage, how confident are we on wether or not
    Safin is Dr. No

I’m not so sure
    there are definitely some visual callbacks but I think (at least I hope) that’s that’s the extent of it. I don’t see any point in making him Dr. No, especially after that horribly pointless Blofeld reveal in SPECTRE. Just fan service with no narrative significance whatsoever.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Safin is Dr. No

I think it's 50/50.
    It would be cool that there is "No" the title. Then again, it would be trite that there is "No" in the title.
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling
    Safin is Dr. No

I’m not so sure
    there are definitely some visual callbacks but I think (at least I hope) that’s that’s the extent of it. I don’t see any point in making him Dr. No, especially after that horribly pointless Blofeld reveal in SPECTRE. Just fan service with no narrative significance whatsoever.
    Touche. Although I think one way they could incorporate the name Dr. No is have him name himself thst out of rejection from Madeline (much like how his novel counterpart did with his father)
    fjdinardo wrote: »

Well in a sense it is the final Bond film. It's interesting because since they've decided to make the Craig films their own distinct continuity, they can actually explore the concept of making "the last Bond movie." That's one of the most exciting aspects for me, is to see how they execute that.

Exactly!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The little Bond on his bike is very cute.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    mtm wrote: »
    The little Bond on his bike is very cute.

Agreed.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

Korean schedule, so you might be right.

Sept 1 - Main Poster
    Sept 2 - Main Trailer
    Sept 6 - Bond is Back Video/Featurette
    Sept 8 - Character Posters
    Sept 13 - IMAX tickets on sale, IMAX poster, Safin featurette, New Character Action featurette
    Sept 23 - Final Trailer
    Sept 27 - 007 Legacy Featurette

Also JamesBond, BondJamesBond and Bond25 has been blessed with that mini bike

Sept 1 - Main Poster
    Sept 2 - Main Trailer
    Sept 13 - IMAX tickets on sale, IMAX poster, Safin featurette, New Character Action featurette
    Sept 23 - Final Trailer

In terms of the september 23 trailer, did we already get it thanks to the accidental leak of the US trailer or is it something else entirely?
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Just got an e-mail that my local theatre here in Germany will put tickets up for sale on the 13th at 0:01 AM. So in the night from Sunday to Monday 2 1/2 weeks before the premiere.

Funny enough, they still have the poster saying "April 2020" as their preview picture.

I'm too hyped already.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

Sept 1 - Main Poster
    Sept 2 - Main Trailer
    Sept 23 - Final Trailer

In terms of the september 23 trailer, did we already get it thanks to the accidental leak of the US trailer or is it something else entirely?

I think they made a blunder at first by posting the US trailer by mistake on YT. And we Bond fans are very fast finding everything/saving, so they had to surrender so to speak by releasing both trailers a few hours later.

Sept 1 - Main Poster
    Sept 2 - Main Trailer
    Sept 23 - Final Trailer

I think they made a blunder at first by posting the US trailer by mistake on YT. And we Bond fans are very fast finding everything/saving, so they had to surrender so to speak by releasing both trailers a few hours later.

I see, I see.

Some of us here could solve murders if we put our heads towards it. We've already gotten so many plot points correct just on this thread!
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Mallory wrote: »
    From Cary Fukunaga's IG Story:

Goodness gracious Ana and Lea look sultry AF here 😅

😂 best comment this year. Completely agree mate

I wonder if Being James Bond will steer clear of much of NTTD? Given that the documentary is being released next week and its only 45 minutes long
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Sept 1 - Main Poster
    Sept 2 - Main Trailer
    Sept 23 - Final Trailer

It may have just gone up a couple of hours early though. Everything else (Twitter emoticons, Aston promotion) appears to be starting up this week so I think it probably was their plan to put them out yesterday.

Read the following:

foxhound_L_I_T.png

foxdie!!!!!!!!

They hired a gamer director and he decided to honor Kojima, gotta hand it to him.
    edited September 2021 Posts: 469

Read the following:

foxhound_L_I_T.png

foxdie!!!!!!!!

They hired a gamer director and he decided to honor Kojima, gotta hand it to him.

I'm especially enamored with this MGS Bond connection, considering how Bond was the main inspiration of the Metal Gear series, and now we are getting this weird 'tables turned' situation where Bond has gone and taken inspiration from MGS (Think Spectre and the whole Smart Blood/nanomachines thing, as well as the brothers fighting over their father plotline!).

And now we have what basically amounts to FOXDIE, as well as the whole Nomi/Bond Raiden/Solid Snake plotline of 'old agent gets replaced by a young and feisty agent who takes their codename'? It's very fulfilling, to say the least. Not to mention how Valdo has some very big similarities to a certain Russian scientist from MGS3, in both physical and plotline-wise...

Some friends of mine, being MGS fans themselves, have also seen the connection and are pretty thrilled to be seeing our silly MGS connection theories that we've been talking about since 2019 coming true.

I wonder how Kojima is going to react to seeing this? I bet he's going to be thrilled to see one of his favourite franchises somewhat paying homage to one of his own creations.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy

Read the following:

As i speculated ages ago:
    it's a weapon that targets only bad people, finding them by some characteristic in their DNAs. and from this the lines by Safin on doing the same thing, but Tidier, and i also think we saw something at certain point on some kind of gas released in the Cuba SPECTRE meeting when Bond is encircled and SPECTRE agents die alltogheter