No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Not true he’s making things up.
    Don't believe in the clone theories! Mathilde is Bond's daughter. Period. He left a pregnant Madelaine in the Italian train station and went alone to Jamaica. The first time Bond sees the kid is in this scene:

kJfHc6O.gif

That's what I always thought, too.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    While I was the first one to propose the clone theory, I have to admit Occam's razor would say that it is their daughter.
  • I think this is where I stop following this thread!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited August 2021 Posts: 5,869
    Again ending the film with Bond and Madeleine, or even just Madeleine, raising her own clone - would be very odd.
    Will say this about clone, it would be very "Metal Gear Solid" and I'd love to see Hideo Kojima's face when he's watching NTTD! Especially given the Seydoux connection haha.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Again ending the film with Bond and Madeleine, or even just Madeleine, raising her own clone - would be very odd.
    It depends on the execution; what if the first time Bond and Madeline ever see the child is at Safin’s lair?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Spoiler show
    Don't believe in the clone theories! Mathilde is Bond's daughter. Period. He left a pregnant Madelaine in the Italian train station and went alone to Jamaica. The first time Bond sees the kid is in this scene:

kJfHc6O.gif

haha alright guess that seals it, thanks man!
    Bond accuses Safin as “ playing God” that could imply creating life.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Come on. “Matera007”? Really? Right after the topic we talked about this morning? What a coincidence.

He’s clearly making things up.
    Easy to debunk too since
    Swann’s mother is killed by Safin in the PTS.
    That was revealed by the Wall Street Journal in an interview with Cary: https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a34354675/no-time-to-die-opening-scene-james-bond/

Fake leaks - already discussed ages ago - from a troll.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Matera007_ wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Have some MAJOR spoilers. Read at your own risk..
    Mathilde is not bonds child but a clone of Swann. Swann is receiving calls from Spectre in the opening because they are holding her mother hostage and forcing her to work for them. If she tells bond they will kill her mom. In the opening sequence. Swanns mother is taken and she escapes.

If true...
    I've always actually preferred the clone theory to Mathilde actually being Bond and Swann's daugther, just makes a lot more sense despite the sci fi of it all
    Although if true...
    The film ends with her (and maybe Bond) raising her own clone? Bit weird.

Yes..
    bond tells M he will always be around if they need him. Set pics we saw of him and M outside in London in suits. Him and Swann are in Italy. Swann is swimming. Bond is staring at her. Shot is in the trailer/NTTD music video. That’s one of the final shots of the film.. Swanns been helping with the genetic research.

You're making stuff up. Let my correct you:
    "bond tells M he will always be around if they need him. Set pics we saw of him and M outside in London in suits."

That's scene 153 (we have BTS and clapperboard) and somewhere in the middle of the movie.

"Him and Swann are in Italy. Swann is swimming. Bond is staring at her. Shot is in the trailer/NTTD music video. That’s one of the final shots of the film"

This is scene 14 (we have call sheet and BTS) > Cave of Poetry in Italy and part of the PTS.

Contraband wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    Have some MAJOR spoilers. Read at your own risk..
    Mathilde is not bonds child but a clone of Swann. Swann is receiving calls from Spectre in the opening because they are holding her mother hostage and forcing her to work for them. If she tells bond they will kill her mom. In the opening sequence. Swanns mother is taken and she escapes.

If true...
    I've always actually preferred the clone theory to Mathilde actually being Bond and Swann's daugther, just makes a lot more sense despite the sci fi of it all
    Although if true...
    The film ends with her (and maybe Bond) raising her own clone? Bit weird.

Yes..
    bond tells M he will always be around if they need him. Set pics we saw of him and M outside in London in suits. Him and Swann are in Italy. Swann is swimming. Bond is staring at her. Shot is in the trailer/NTTD music video. That’s one of the final shots of the film.. Swanns been helping with the genetic research.

You're making stuff up. Let my correct you:
    "bond tells M he will always be around if they need him. Set pics we saw of him and M outside in London in suits."

That's scene 153 (we have BTS and clapperboard) and somewhere in the middle of the movie.

"Him and Swann are in Italy. Swann is swimming. Bond is staring at her. Shot is in the trailer/NTTD music video. That’s one of the final shots of the film"

This is scene 14 (we have call sheet and BTS) > Cave of Poetry in Italy and part of the PTS.

Exactly.

He’s just a troll seeking for attention.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Tonally with the past five films and the whole 'family' aspect that is going I just feel like it just doesn't make sense that Mathilde is a clone. Plus, I have to agree. There's something a bit weird about raising your own clone. I'm fairly convinced that it's Bond's daughter. It feels like one of the 'taboo subjects for Bond' that in this self contained series just feels 'right' to explore.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Oh I'm almost certain that's his motivation — trying to usurp that power. It's an old myth, man afraid and trying to control that feminine power.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343
    talos7 wrote: »

Sure he will play with bio-engineering - after all it looks like he’s able to regenerate his body and he forged a biological weapon able to killing billions but
    Mathilde is 5 years old and Bond started having sex with Swann 5 years before NTTD’s events. She’s his daughter.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Spoiler hide
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Also, I remember specifically hearing that
    Mathilde is involved in the Toyota/Land Rover chase. So it doesn’t add up that the first time Bond meets her is at Safin’s lair.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Mathilde is involved in the Toyota/Land Rover chase. So it doesn’t add up that the first time Bond meets her is at Safin’s lair.

Yeah just thinking about how stories work, seems to me
    The girls get captured, Bond's alone. He's at his lowest and then he makes a choice that will define what his life will be going forward.

Can't wait!
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    BMB007 wrote: »

Yeah just thinking about how stories work, seems to me
    The girls get captured, Bond's alone. He's at his lowest and then he makes a choice that will define what his life will be going forward.

Can't wait!
    She is. It's hinted at in the leaked callsheets that she will be hiding somewhere in the forest, when Safin appears and captures her in his helicopter then flies away.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Makes total sense to me. I always thought it was weird that Madeleine was in the back of the car during the chase sequence rather than in the front with Bond. I feel like if she's in the back then she's taking care of someone and a five year old would very much fit that kind of bill.
    00Heaven wrote: »
    Makes total sense to me. I always thought it was weird that Madeleine was in the back of the car during the chase sequence rather than in the front with Bond. I feel like if she's in the back then she's taking care of someone and a five year old would very much fit that kind of bill.
    Love a nice, relaxing family car ride.
  • QsCatQsCat London
    I think this is where I stop following this thread!

I'm thinking the same! Too risky :))
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The plot of the movie, at least for more 25 days, is a huge puzzle for all of us. That’s the thing. And that’s what’s cool about it.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    00Heaven wrote: »

You can see in the half a second we get of that shot that she is holding someone down behind Bond's seat. There is also some BTS which shows that there is a blonde child sized dummy in the set behind Bond's, as well as the leaked callsheets showing that there is supposed to be a Mathilde dummy/body double in the Norway scene.
  • EON Productions seem to have taken a devil-may-care approach to their dilemma - it must be a fiendishly-difficult call to make - but here we have The Guardian reporting this today:

Health officials are braced for a bank holiday surge of coronavirus cases as about 500,000 people head to music festivals and millions more venture to the tourism hotspots.

Cases in Cornwall and Devon have reached record levels as infection rates among teenagers saw a five-fold increase after the Boardmasters festival this month.

Although the vaccination programme is helping to suppress large numbers of deaths and serious illness, officials warned on Thursday that parts of the NHS are battling “unprecedented high-level demand” and that more cases could disrupt the return of schools next week.

I'm in my fifties, have attended opening nights of every Bond movie since Diamonds Are Forever and attended the world charity premiere of Licence To Kill in Leicester Square, but am doubtful now of seeing NTTD in any cinema. I really am minded now to wait the few short months to its 4K blu ray appearance.
  • Tantallon wrote: »
    EON Productions seem to have taken a devil-may-care approach to their dilemma - it must be a fiendishly-difficult call to make - but here we have The Guardian reporting this today:

Health officials are braced for a bank holiday surge of coronavirus cases as about 500,000 people head to music festivals and millions more venture to the tourism hotspots.

Cases in Cornwall and Devon have reached record levels as infection rates among teenagers saw a five-fold increase after the Boardmasters festival this month.

Although the vaccination programme is helping to suppress large numbers of deaths and serious illness, officials warned on Thursday that parts of the NHS are battling “unprecedented high-level demand” and that more cases could disrupt the return of schools next week.

I'm in my fifties, have attended opening nights of every Bond movie since Diamonds Are Forever and attended the world charity premiere of Licence To Kill in Leicester Square, but am doubtful now of seeing NTTD in any cinema. I really am minded now to wait the few short months to its 4K blu ray appearance.

I've long learned never to take The Guardian all that seriously ...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Matera007_, please cut the crap. Thank you.
    Tantallon wrote: »
    I really am minded now to wait the few short months to its 4K blu ray appearance.

I just want to point out that it’s riskier to have lunch or dinner in a restaurant.
    Not to mention living at home with children but I don’t know if it’s your case.
    I believe you’d regret missing the biggest Bond ever on the big screen.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Is anyone planning on seeing NTTD in 4DX?
    I'm planning to see it in 4DX on my second viewing - to first indulge in the movie on the first viewing.