No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    delfloria wrote: »
    How is it that no one is talking about the music??????

It's one of the things I'm most curious about, at this point.
    Contraband wrote: »
    We have had this debate before. Going by the long clip we now 'know'

Maddie and Bond is married in the PTS (according to all the film magazines at Cinemacon).

But have we seen any BTS at all shooting the ceremony or the location? I'm thinking somewhere in Italy but then again, how on earth did they avoid bystanders and bond fans reporting? The only way possible is that they shot those scenes at Pinewood
    Unless they were married off-screen.
    This would be my assumption
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Maddie and Bond is married in the PTS (according to all the film magazines at Cinemacon).

But have we seen any BTS at all shooting the ceremony or the location? I'm thinking somewhere in Italy but then again, how on earth did they avoid bystanders and bond fans reporting? The only way possible is that they shot those scenes at Pinewood

Who said...
    They're married? One of the hotel workers called her his wife. They might have registered at the hotel as Mr and Mrs Bond, but are not married.

One of the CinemaCom blogger said she was his wife, but again: take that with a grain of salt
  • This is all I’ve seen mentioned about the score. Not much to go on haha
    TripAces wrote: »

Who said...
    They're married? One of the hotel workers called her his wife. They might have registered at the hotel as Mr and Mrs Bond, but are not married.

One of the CinemaCom blogger said she was his wife, but again: take that with a grain of salt
    Agreed, though, with this. Likeliest is a cover.
    This is all I’ve seen mentioned about the score. Not much to go on haha

Doesn't seem like it's conspicuously bad, then.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    matt_u wrote: »

This alone blows the whole "woke" rumors into smithereens.

This alone blows the whole "woke" rumors into smithereens.

True. I wonder if Craig can pull this type of scene off like Connery could?
    I imagine it’ll be portrayed much more negatively than in older films. Certainly wouldn’t be casual like in TMWTGG.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 15,804
    I imagine it’ll be portrayed much more negatively than in older films. Certainly wouldn’t be casual like in TMWTGG.

Probably an extremely intense scene. I can see this type of scene attracting negative attention on social media these days.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    antovolk wrote: »
    just looked at the trailer again and yeah holy shit how did we not spot this before

Yeah that’s crazy. We were all blinded by the beautiful composition of the shot! :D

unknown.png?width=1440&height=607
    Clearest shot I have of Madeleine in the scene, appearing to hold a white stick. Could be a pregnancy test, although with this level of blur it could be anything. I think it could even be apen; maybe she was leaving a note?
    just looked at the trailer again and yeah holy shit how did we not spot this before

Yeah that’s crazy. We were all blinded by the beautiful composition of the shot! :D

Clearest shot I have of Madeleine in the scene, appearing to hold a white stick. Could be a pregnancy test, although with this level of blur it could be anything. I think it could even be apen; maybe she was leaving a note?
    Has to be a pen but if they snuck a pregnancy test under our noses for this long I'm gonna lose it lmao
    BMB007 wrote: »

Has to be a pen but if they snuck a pregnancy test under our noses for this long I'm gonna lose it lmao
    Agreed. It looks way too thin to be anything otherwise...

Though thinking about the "There's something I need to tell you" line she says, perhaps her note has that "thing" on it. What if the last shot before the titles is a close up of the note as it burns, fading into the Eilish song?
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Probably an extremely intense scene. I can see this type of scene attracting negative attention on social media these days.

I look forward to all the pre-written think pieces.

Love the bipolar media surrounding this movie and its women - first it was 'oh no 007 is now black and a woman, PWB is turning her into a feminist shrill!' now its gonna be 'james bond is a giant misogynist, time to phase him out!!!'

Though thinking about the "There's something I need to tell you" line she says, perhaps her note has that "thing" on it. What if the last shot before the titles is a close up of the note as it burns, fading into the Eilish song?

I think the scene preceeding the theme is going to be Madeleine chasing Bond on the train, and if Bond did see the pregnancy test (as well as the audience) we'd see a much different reaction. No mention of this in any of the people who watched the preview, so I can safely assume that what Madeleine was holding was probably not a pregnancy test.
  • BMB007 wrote: »

I think the scene preceeding the theme is going to be Madeleine chasing Bond on the train, and if Bond did see the pregnancy test (as well as the audience) we'd see a much different reaction. No mention of this in any of the people who watched the preview, so I can safely assume that what Madeleine was holding was probably not a pregnancy test.

It's a pen.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343

Well actually
    pregnancy tests are quite small. Looks like one of them to me because she’s holding it with two hands. We know Bond is gonna be a father. We know Mathilde is 5 years old. These scenes take place 5 years before right after SP. Maybe it’s nothing and it’s just a pen or something but there’s also a chance the audience is not supposed to know what that is at that point. I’m pretty sure the audience will find out Bond has a daughter the same time Bond does.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Ana de Armas stunt double Mounia Moula in training at Pinewood. Video: This cool kicker-attack-fall is when Paloma attack a bad guy in the lobby at the dance hall/Bar El Nido/Spectre event in Havana.

//

Moving on to Biel/Bienne in Switzerland and La Cité du Temps Museum:

This completely free museum offers the exhibition and history of Swatch & Omega watches. A sensational exhibition marked by the James Bond section where all Omega watches present in the saga are presented. In addition, it is unveiled some still well-kept secrets about the gadgets hidden in the new Omega Seamaster Diver 300M (210.90.42.20.01.001)

Swipe

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    It sounds like the reaction to the clip was unanimously positive and importantly everyone has gone away talking about how amazing NTTD looks.
    I'm jealous they've seen something we haven't though 😅
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

Private beach. I was told about that scene during filming but
    I was told the wedding appears at the end, so I'm not sure...
    Looking at some reactions on YT. Lot of people saying “I kinda forgot about Bond after all those delays but after this clip… OMG I’m so pumped”.
    They should release it online... followed by “only in theaters”.
    It’s a 163 mins film after all and what better than a blast of a scene like this to hype people and prove the film is gonna be awesome.
    Everybody agrees this scene was insane.
    Looking at some reactions on YT. Lot of people saying “I kinda forgot about Bond after all those delays but after this clip… OMG I’m so pumped”.
    It’s a 163 mins film after all and what better than a blast of a scene like this to hype people and prove the film is gonna be awesome.

I perfectly agree with you. After all the bridge scene was already shown on Bond day...
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Just wanted to echo @mtm that I am really thankful that all of you are very thorough when it comes to the spoiler tag. Just seeing all the greyed out posts and hints and allusions to stuff without actually reading any of it might have hyped me up more than actually reading a scene description. Why I am walking into a "minor spoilers" thread is a mystery to me...

I am still cautious like a burned child (is that a saying!?) for various reasons but the hype is seriously back.

I perfectly agree with you. After all the bridge scene was already shown on Bond day...

Yeah plus all those super detailed descriptions popping up everywhere…
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    ggl007 wrote: »

Private beach. I was told about that scene during filming but
    I was told the wedding appears at the end, so I'm not sure...

The only beach location I can think of would be Marina di Pisticci. Cary, Lea, Linus & co went there, as you may remember, between shooting days in Matera. Private beach club.

Time will tell..

I am wondering if we are seeing evidence of reshoots?

If you watch the second NTTD trailer
    at about 12 second Bond says "The past isn't dead." But not a single report from Cinemacon has referenced his line. Instead we get:
    As James Bond gets to his room and confronts Madeleine, saying, “You’re right letting go is hard.” She asks him what happened, and Bond rages at her, asking how they could have possibly known where he was.

Bond seems more exhausted and weary when we see him in the hotel room in the trailer and he seems contrite as if he knows he has done wrong by going to the cemetery so him raging at Madeleine also seems out of whack, to use the technical term.

Thanks to aaron819 for this: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2572481/we-saw-brand-new-no-time-to-die-action-scene-daniel-craig-wow
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Love the bipolar media surrounding this movie and its women - first it was 'oh no 007 is now black and a woman, PWB is turning her into a feminist shrill!' now its gonna be 'james bond is a giant misogynist, time to phase him out!!!'

Arf! :D You're not wrong, two groups of people overreacting in different directions (well, with the caveat that I haven't seen the clip yet and I don't know what you're referring to, but I'd be amazed if it will be anything terrible)
    Sounds like Sept 13 is the ticket launch date for Germany