No Time to Die production thread

Comments

aaron819 wrote: »
    BMB007 wrote: »
    Scene description (from Deadline)
    The session closed with an action scene from No Time to Die where Daniel Craig’s 007 wakes up on a bridge, deaf (it looks like he’s on a Roman aquaduct). A car comes at home, and then a motorcycle, which he dodges. A glass-eyed guy trying to assault Bond, which he fends off, tells him about “the daughter of Spectre”. Bond jumps on the cycle and takes it through the village. He comes through the hotel windows, yells at Lea Seydoux’s Madeleine Swan, smacks her in the face and says “Spectre, how did they know that I’m here?”. They hope in the silver fancy sports car. “There’s something I need to tell you,” she says. “I bet there is,” snaps Bond. The voice of Christoph Waltz’s Blofeld is heard on a recording in the car, further incriminating Swann. They get involved in a car chased through the village, then get machined gunned by a squad of shooters. The car withstands the damage. “James!” she cries as Bond sits there with a cold, bloody look on his face. “Okay, he says” before initiating the car’s machine guns located in the headlights. The car chase continues, before Bond peels out in front the train station.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/no-time-to-die-mgm-cinemacon-reel-cyrano-thirteen-lives-1234820885/

Oh yes

Oh god yes
    DAUGHTER OF SPECTRE, I'm gonna go hog wild.

@BMB007 What do you make of it - what do you think it means?

Bear with me...
    Daughter. Think about that word for a second — child, new life. Creation. What is Safin trying to do? He's trying to gain control over the forces of life and death. Maybe he can bring back the dead. Maybe he's trying to create a "new" Eden.
    In human history, there's a contradiction in a lot of mythologies. Women get idolized for the power of creating life threw child birth, yet get shunned because of it. Men chase women, they try to control them and restrict them because they fear that power of life. Look up "Swan Maiden" — hey what's Madeleine's last name?
    We know Safin has a connection to Madeleine, we know Madeleine is afraid of her. We know something causes James's to believe him to be betrayed by her — and we know because they are bringing this up in the beginning, she most certainly did not betray him. We also know from "Spectre" that Mr. White went to great lengths to hide his daughter from Blofeld and Spectre, and presumably Safin too.
    Safin as usurper wants Madeleine because of this mythical power over life — she is the key. And he wants to control her. "Daughter of Spectre" — this is the purpose supposedly fated for her. Just as M alludes to in "Skyfall", Bond was perfect for being a 00 because of him being an orphan. Or, in other words — fated.
    We know from leaked pictures Madeleine gets captured and Bond saves her from Safin. We also know there was a child cast. We know Madeleine has a secret. And when this secret finds its way out, it'll be the "death" of him. But death isn't a bad thing. Death is transformation — rebirth into something new.
    CraigBond is an assassin, he controls the power of death. Madeleine, as both woman and doctor, is life. God of death, Goddess of life. A new world will be created, alright. But not Safin's out of power and fear, but one out of letting go and love. Bond lets go of this fear/possession (think about Vesper — he couldn't save her and he's never let go of that wound of trust) and ascends into this new world.
    Hey? What's the last piece of the score called? "Final Ascent".
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 6,677
    Well, the only thing I can think of is... didn't that deadline description feature numerous erros and misspellings? Let's hope that's one ;) About the slapping, I mean. no reason to do that when in doubt. No reason to do that, ever. But, we'll see.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Univex wrote: »
    Well, the only thing I can think of is... didn't that deadline description feature numerous erros and misspellings? Let's hope that's one ;) About the slapping, I mean. no reason to do that when in doubt. No reason to do that, ever. But, we'll see.

Well there are some errors. A description mentions Bond killing Primo and that’s definitely not correct.
    I’m getting excited reading these.
    matt_u wrote: »

Well there are some errors. A description mentions Bond killing Primo and that’s definitely not correct.

Yep ;) My thoughts exactly.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    The session closed with an action scene from No Time to Die where Daniel Craig’s 007 wakes up on a bridge, deaf (it looks like he’s on a Roman aquaduct). A car comes at home, and then a motorcycle, which he dodges. A glass-eyed guy trying to assault Bond, which he fends off, tells him about “the daughter of Spectre”. Bond jumps on the cycle and takes it through the village. He comes through the hotel windows, yells at Lea Seydoux’s Madeleine Swan, smacks her in the face and says “Spectre, how did they know that I’m here?”. They hope in the silver fancy sports car. “There’s something I need to tell you,” she says. “I bet there is,” snaps Bond. The voice of Christoph Waltz’s Blofeld is heard on a recording in the car, further incriminating Swann. They get involved in a car chased through the village, then get machined gunned by a squad of shooters. The car withstands the damage. “James!” she cries as Bond sits there with a cold, bloody look on his face. “Okay, he says” before initiating the car’s machine guns located in the headlights. The car chase continues, before Bond peels out in front the train station.

https://deadline.com/2021/08/no-time-to-die-mgm-cinemacon-reel-cyrano-thirteen-lives-1234820885/

Oh yes

Oh god yes

Bear with me...
    We see Bond talking to M in heaven (Judi Dench) like with Harry Potter and Dumbledore?

• TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling

Oh yes

Oh god yes

Bear with me...
    Daughter. Think about that word for a second — child, new life. Creation. What is Safin trying to do? He's trying to gain control over the forces of life and death. Maybe he can bring back the dead. Maybe he's trying to create a "new" Eden.
    In human history, there's a contradiction in a lot of mythologies. Women get idolized for the power of creating life threw child birth, yet get shunned because of it. Men chase women, they try to control them and restrict them because they fear that power of life. Look up "Swan Maiden" — hey what's Madeleine's last name?
    We know Safin has a connection to Madeleine, we know Madeleine is afraid of her. We know something causes James's to believe him to be betrayed by her — and we know because they are bringing this up in the beginning, she most certainly did not betray him. We also know from "Spectre" that Mr. White went to great lengths to hide his daughter from Blofeld and Spectre, and presumably Safin too.
    Safin as usurper wants Madeleine because of this mythical power over life — she is the key. And he wants to control her. "Daughter of Spectre" — this is the purpose supposedly fated for her. Just as M alludes to in "Skyfall", Bond was perfect for being a 00 because of him being an orphan. Or, in other words — fated.
    We know from leaked pictures Madeleine gets captured and Bond saves her from Safin. We also know there was a child cast. We know Madeleine has a secret. And when this secret finds its way out, it'll be the "death" of him. But death isn't a bad thing. Death is transformation — rebirth into something new.
    CraigBond is an assassin, he controls the power of death. Madeleine, as both woman and doctor, is life. God of death, Goddess of life. A new world will be created, alright. But not Safin's out of power and fear, but one out of letting go and love. Bond lets go of this fear/possession (think about Vesper — he couldn't save her and he's never let go of that wound of trust) and ascends into this new world.

This is gonna be the most cerebral Bond film ever XD
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

It might still be correct in the sense that he’s only heavily featured in the Matera scenes publicity wise, and he’s
    presumed dead by Bond after the fistfight over the motorbike, and his reappearance at Safin’s lair is supposed to be a shock for both Bond and the audience. But because we’re eagle eyed fans who pause trailers, we know he’s not dead yet.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Zarozzor wrote: »
    I’m getting excited reading these.
    So am I. Craig was cast as Bond when I was a child and I became a massive fan growing up while following his arc as Bond. The fact that he will be concluding with such a high-stakes and ambitious entry is exhilarating. Watching NTTD in a theatre will be an emotional rollercoaster.
  • matt_u wrote: »

It might still be correct in the sense that he’s only heavily featured in the Matera scenes publicity wise, and he’s
    presumed dead by Bond after the fistfight over the motorbike, and his reappearance at Safin’s lair is supposed to be a shock for both Bond and the audience. But because we’re eagle eyed fans who pause trailers, we know he’s not dead yet.

Maybe that’s actually Secondo ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think I might cry when I see this haha :D
    These two are about to talk about it. Could be nice to see their reaction.

Campea is such a loser…
    Campea is such a loser…

True, but I couldn't find any other reactions, apart from the written ones.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Oh yes

Oh god yes

Bear with me...
    We see Bond talking to M in heaven (Judi Dench) like with Harry Potter and Dumbledore?
    Honest to God have convinced myself that — somehow — Dench appears in the film. I'm not 100%, it could work without her. She's his "mother" for goodness sake. Imagine a mirror of her death in Skyfall, where this image/hallucination (True Detective? Maniac?) of M holds Bond in the Pieta just as he hold her in that way. Only instead of death it's rebirth. What's her last line in "Skyfall" — "At least I got one thing right.". That one thing was Bond, her "son". Just as the one thing Bond gets right will be his...
    Dying to hear a description of Zimmer's soundtrack in the sequence.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

Oh yes

Oh god yes

Bear with me...
    Honest to God have convinced myself that — somehow — Dench appears in the film. I'm not 100%, it could work without her. She's his "mother" for goodness sake. Imagine a mirror of her death in Skyfall, where this image/hallucination (True Detective? Maniac?) of M holds Bond in the Pieta just as he hold her in that way. Only instead of death it's rebirth. What's her last line in "Skyfall" — "At least I got one thing right.". That one thing was Bond, her "son". Just as the one thing Bond gets right will be his...
    she is seen in a portrait painting, in one of the trailers at least.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    VERY Detailed Description from Cinema Blend
    The sequence opens with James Bond (Daniel Craig) seemingly recovering from an explosion in an unidentified European city, laying on the ground unconscious and covered in dust. As he wakes up, he struggles to get to his feet and the audience experiences the same fuzzy hearing as the protagonist – again, as though a loud bomb has gone off close by. Not wasting any time, he reaches into his pocket for his phone so that he can call somebody, but it proves to be a fruitless exercise as he can’t communicate with who it is that he tries to reach.

Running off, James Bond arrives on a bridge and sees a young man about 50 feet in front of him - who turns as 007 arrives. It’s a quick interaction, however, as from behind Bond we see a black car pull up menacingly. Immediately clocking it as a threat, the hero ducks behind a large stone jutting out from the wall along the side of the bridge, and the vehicle barely misses hitting him as its left front tire hits the stone and continues driving momentarily at a 45 degree angle. As the car gets to the other end of the bridge and turns around, a motorcycle arrives where the car initially was, giving the British spy target no way to escape.

Thinking quickly, James Bond grabs a support cable from alongside the wall of the bridge and holds on for dear life as he leaps. The pursuers look on as the MI6 agent (not super gracefully) safely lands on the ground at the base of the bridge and continues running.

Sprinting up stairs and through ancient buildings, the hero continues to evade his enemies, and eventually comes upon the guy on the motorcycle, whom we see has a fake eyeball. James Bond runs up and tackles the guy before he can pull out his weapon, and the two men struggle –Bond successfully getting the upper hand by choking the guy with a clothesline. As the henchman fights back, he tells his opponent that Blofeld (Christoph Waltz) sends his regards, and suggests that Bond’s girlfriend, Madeleine (Léa Seydoux), is working with the supervillain.

After knocking out his opponent and sending his fake eye launching out of his head, Bond steals the motorcycle and quickly makes his way back to Madeleine, pulling off some remarkable maneuvers in the process (such as launching the bike up a 30 foot ramp so that he can avoid some kind of religious procession). He arrives at the hotel, and the concierge briefly stops him to let him know that his luggage has been brought down.

As James Bond gets to his room and confronts Madeleine, saying, “You’re right letting go is hard.” She asks him what happened, and Bond rages at her, asking how they could have possibly known where he was. She denies everything, and as the phone in the room begins to ring, they make a move for the exit. Downstairs they get to the famous silver Aston Martin, and as they get in Madeleine says, “There’s something I need to tell you,” to which Bond replies “I bet there is.”

The chase begins again almost immediately, as the Aston Martin is pursued by cars and motorcycles. Madeleine’s phone begins to ring, and after Bond demands she pick it up she pulls it out of her purse and we can see the Spectre logo on the display. Listening to the call, we hear the voice of Blofeld, who says, “Your father would be so proud of you; your sacrifice will be our glory.”

His suspicion running at extreme levels, James Bond calls an associate and tells them to let the sheep out – the hope being that it will create a kind of roadblock that will help during the chase. Madeleine asks what motivation she could possibly have to betray her lover’s trust, and he explains, “We all have our secrets, we just didn’t get to yours yet.” As he says this, he presses one of the Aston Martin’s dashboard buttons and a set of spiked caltrops are dumped out of the bumper, causing a pursuing vehicle to go boom.

After a short getaway and a ride down some stairs, Madeleine continues insisting upon her innocence, but she gets cut off as a blue jeep slams into the car, causing it to stop dead. More enemy vehicles arrive, and before long the drives and passengers are all out their doors and opening fire on James Bond. Fortunately, the Aston Martin is crazy bullet proof, meaning that the two individuals inside are perfectly safe.

Seemingly realizing this, the gunfire stops, but the henchman with the fake eye whom Bond encountered earlier steps out and starts to get closer and closer to the car. As he does, he begins to fire repeatedly into the same spot in the passenger-side window. We see the glass getting weaker and weaker, and all the while Madeleine is desperate to know that she still has 007’s trust. After a silent moment, Bond says, “Ok,” and flips a switch on the dashboard, making the front headlights shift down and exposing a set of gatling guns.

As the twin guns begin to fire, James Bond drives around in a tight circle, ensuring that all of his enemies are down before he drives off through the square.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2572481/we-saw-brand-new-no-time-to-die-action-scene-daniel-craig-wow
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Oh yes

Oh god yes

Bear with me...
    We know her official Mi6 portrait appears in it. We also know Jack the Bulldog makes another appearance ... did she conceal something in him before glueing him back together?
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343

Nope. We know Primo features in those Matera scenes also after the fistfight, as we saw him in the trailers while he shots the DB5. They saw it in this clip as well so it was just an error in the description…
    The sequence opens with James Bond (Daniel Craig) seemingly recovering from an explosion in an unidentified European city, laying on the ground unconscious and covered in dust. As he wakes up, he struggles to get to his feet and the audience experiences the same fuzzy hearing as the protagonist – again, as though a loud bomb has gone off close by. Not wasting any time, he reaches into his pocket for his phone so that he can call somebody, but it proves to be a fruitless exercise as he can’t communicate with who it is that he tries to reach.

Running off, James Bond arrives on a bridge and sees a young man about 50 feet in front of him - who turns as 007 arrives. It’s a quick interaction, however, as from behind Bond we see a black car pull up menacingly. Immediately clocking it as a threat, the hero ducks behind a large stone jutting out from the wall along the side of the bridge, and the vehicle barely misses hitting him as its left front tire hits the stone and continues driving momentarily at a 45 degree angle. As the car gets to the other end of the bridge and turns around, a motorcycle arrives where the car initially was, giving the British spy target no way to escape.

Thinking quickly, James Bond grabs a support cable from alongside the wall of the bridge and holds on for dear life as he leaps. The pursuers look on as the MI6 agent (not super gracefully) safely lands on the ground at the base of the bridge and continues running.

Sprinting up stairs and through ancient buildings, the hero continues to evade his enemies, and eventually comes upon the guy on the motorcycle, whom we see has a fake eyeball. James Bond runs up and tackles the guy before he can pull out his weapon, and the two men struggle –Bond successfully getting the upper hand by choking the guy with a clothesline. As the henchman fights back, he tells his opponent that Blofeld (Christoph Waltz) sends his regards, and suggests that Bond’s girlfriend, Madeleine (Léa Seydoux), is working with the supervillain.

After knocking out his opponent and sending his fake eye launching out of his head, Bond steals the motorcycle and quickly makes his way back to Madeleine, pulling off some remarkable maneuvers in the process (such as launching the bike up a 30 foot ramp so that he can avoid some kind of religious procession). He arrives at the hotel, and the concierge briefly stops him to let him know that his luggage has been brought down.

As James Bond gets to his room and confronts Madeleine, saying, “You’re right letting go is hard.” She asks him what happened, and Bond rages at her, asking how they could have possibly known where he was. She denies everything, and as the phone in the room begins to ring, they make a move for the exit. Downstairs they get to the famous silver Aston Martin, and as they get in Madeleine says, “There’s something I need to tell you,” to which Bond replies “I bet there is.”

The chase begins again almost immediately, as the Aston Martin is pursued by cars and motorcycles. Madeleine’s phone begins to ring, and after Bond demands she pick it up she pulls it out of her purse and we can see the Spectre logo on the display. Listening to the call, we hear the voice of Blofeld, who says, “Your father would be so proud of you; your sacrifice will be our glory.”

His suspicion running at extreme levels, James Bond calls an associate and tells them to let the sheep out – the hope being that it will create a kind of roadblock that will help during the chase. Madeleine asks what motivation she could possibly have to betray her lover’s trust, and he explains, “We all have our secrets, we just didn’t get to yours yet.” As he says this, he presses one of the Aston Martin’s dashboard buttons and a set of spiked caltrops are dumped out of the bumper, causing a pursuing vehicle to go boom.

After a short getaway and a ride down some stairs, Madeleine continues insisting upon her innocence, but she gets cut off as a blue jeep slams into the car, causing it to stop dead. More enemy vehicles arrive, and before long the drives and passengers are all out their doors and opening fire on James Bond. Fortunately, the Aston Martin is crazy bullet proof, meaning that the two individuals inside are perfectly safe.

Seemingly realizing this, the gunfire stops, but the henchman with the fake eye whom Bond encountered earlier steps out and starts to get closer and closer to the car. As he does, he begins to fire repeatedly into the same spot in the passenger-side window. We see the glass getting weaker and weaker, and all the while Madeleine is desperate to know that she still has 007’s trust. After a silent moment, Bond says, “Ok,” and flips a switch on the dashboard, making the front headlights shift down and exposing a set of gatling guns.

As the twin guns begin to fire, James Bond drives around in a tight circle, ensuring that all of his enemies are down before he drives off through the square.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2572481/we-saw-brand-new-no-time-to-die-action-scene-daniel-craig-wow

HOLY SMOKES
    To this bit: "as they get in Madeleine says, “There’s something I need to tell you,” to which Bond replies “I bet there is.”
    Wondering if she was going to say she's pregnant.

HOLY SMOKES
    To this bit: "as they get in Madeleine says, “There’s something I need to tell you,” to which Bond replies “I bet there is.”

:-O
    Gosh all those Swann secrets are giving me headache. :D
  • TheNumberOrTheCipherTheNumberOrTheCipher Raoul Silva did a little trolling

HOLY SMOKES
    given the leaked rumors and pics, this is more than likely the case
  • BMB007 wrote: »

HOLY SMOKES

Ding ding ding. What are the odds that
    in the trailer when we see her whip her head around as she’s sitting in front of the mirror, that she was looking at a positive pregnancy test
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2021 Posts: 14,934
    I'm not reading any of these. Thanks for using the spoiler tags for people like me, folks!

Thing is, there have been loads of 007 car chases since Goldfinger that were better! Not too hard to do, really :D

HOLY SMOKES

Ding ding ding. What are the odds that
    in the trailer when we see her whip her head around as she’s sitting in front of the mirror, that she was looking at a positive pregnancy test

100% correct.
    We can even see her holding it in her hands…
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    Another description

It’s unclear when in this movie this scene takes place, it could even be the opening, but it’s almost certainly early in the film. The footage begins as James wakes up. He’s in a tan suit, but he’s on the ground and a mess. Blood on his face, dirt everywhere, and he can’t quite hear, which the sound mix reflects as everything is muted. Confused, he tries to get his bearings and make a phone call to Madeleine (Léa Seydoux) but he can’t connect. So he starts running down the hill as the classic Bond music starts to pick up.

James starts to run across a bridge and he sees a young, skinny kid with black hair in front of him. The kid turns around and smirks as a car that James can’t quite hear yet starts speeding towards him from behind. They’re also shooting and a bullet hits James in the shoulder, which alerts him to its presence. Before it can run him over, he hides behind a small rock (some of this has been in the trailers). He gets up to run the other way when a motorcycle shows up on the other side. Now he’s trapped. Car on one side, motorcycle on the other. So, as you’ve seen in the trailers, he grabs a wire from the side of the bridge and jumps off, swinging to the bottom and taking a big fall.

He stands up, still a little disheveled and confused, and starts running again, only to be cut off by the motorcycle guy—who is young, very fashion-forward, and not your typical Bond villain. He looks more like a tourist at a nightclub. James decides to take things into his own hands and charges the cycle driver, knocking him back onto the ground. The camera follows behind James as he does this and stays with him as the battle ensues. It’s a gritty, dirty fight, captured with a handheld shot that continues until James finally bests the guy and puts him in a choke hold. “Safin sends his regards,” the guy says (at least, we think it was “Safin,” which is Rami Malek’s character, but it wasn’t 100% clear). “You know Madeline,” he continues, to James’ dismay. “She’s a daughter of…” and as the guy just starts to finish that sentence, the guy passes out. James also notices that, in the fight, the guy had a fake, electronic eye, which is now just laying on the ground.

So James jumps on his motorcycle and speeds away. He’s at the bottom of the city but he’s going up. So it’s up one staircase, up a hill, then a funeral procession approaches, so he dips away from them and flies up a staircase, jumping into the air (another recognizable shot from the trailers). He ditches the bike to go into a hotel, where the doorman says “Your package is done, Mr. Bond, as your wife requested.”

James shows up to the room, beaten, bloody, and dirty, to see Madeleine. “You’re right,” he says. “Letting go is hard.” She’s shocked to see him, not sure what he means, but he grabs and shakes her. “How did they know I was here?” he asks. She asks who and he says “Spectre.” She says she doesn’t know and didn’t do anything. So James takes her and rushes her downstairs where, we assume, the package is ready—that slick, silver Aston Martin from the trailers. “There’s something I need to tell you,” she says. “I bet there is,” James replies.

The Aston Martin zips away from the hotel and instantly is being chased. First a motorcycle, then one car, then another car. As James whips left and right across the city, Madeleine’s phone rings. James tells her to answer it and, when she takes it out, the Spectre symbol is on it. She answers and a voice begins speaking. “It’s Blofeld, my love,” the voice says. “Your father would be so proud of you. Your sacrifice will be our glory.” James doesn’t know what to say but Madeleine swears she didn’t betray him. “We all have our secrets, we just didn’t get to yours yet,” he says.

As this is happening a local sheep herder gets a phone call. He’s told to let his sheep out or he’ll be killed. And so he does let the sheep out, which just so happens to be right in James’ path. But this is James Bond. When he sees an approaching car, he unleashes a few little explosives onto the street, and when he sees the sheep, he rips a 180 degree turn as the bombs go off, blowing up the other car, and allowing him to speed away. Here, the James Bond theme music kicks in big time.

James and Madeleine keep driving and she’s about to tell him something when they get smashed into by a truck, which stops the car dead its tracks. Now several cars and motorcycles surround them, and the drivers take out their guns and just start shooting the Aston Martin. Hundreds of bullets from all angles. Of course, the car is bulletproof, but Madeleine starts screaming. James, however, needs a second to think. He’s silent and still. Then, the fashionable guy who now has one eye (from the earlier fight) approaches the car with a bigger gun. He fires at the passenger side window over and over and over. Madeleine begs James to do something but he just sits there. Thinking. The huge shells keep cracking the glass. Madeleine screams. Finally, James acts. He flicks a switch and, in another trailer shot, the car’s headlights become machine guns. He does a 360 degree spin, blasting all the bad guys, while also letting off some smoke so they can make a clean getaway. The car drives out of the mess, into a more populated area, and skids into a parking spot… which is where the clip ended.
    Seems like, yet again, the best action setpiece and money shots are in the PTS.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    Seems like, yet again, the best action setpiece and money shots are in the PTS.
    A Bond tradition like no other!