No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24 wrote: »
    The TV spot bas been shown about 5 times so far during the Olympics closing ceremony broadcast in Canada. Gets my attention every time!
    Any new footage?

No, just the same old bridge jump, Bond is back stuff.
    jake24 wrote: »
    The TV spot bas been shown about 5 times so far during the Olympics closing ceremony broadcast in Canada. Gets my attention every time!
    Any new footage?

No, just the same old bridge jump, Bond is back stuff.

Ah so this spot - got it!
    jake24 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    ertert wrote: »
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    The one-minute trailer has been removed from the BBFC site
    https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/no-time-to-die-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc00otmzmty

Does this mean it's no longer going to be shown?

https://www.consumerprotectionbc.ca/motion-picture-ratings/classification-details/?cpbc_id=525578

Still live in Canada. Japan has seen it already, according to some. Maybe it's been redacted as the commercial is about to come out and they need to do final edits? fingers crossed.

the listing that's been removed from the BBFC I know has been there for some months, it isn't (from my understanding) that Paloma/Nomi spot that Canada and Japan have. There's also the question of what is that new spot that Germany is getting in cinemas now - the same Nomi/Paloma one or another, or is it just the existing BOND IS BACK one.
    Do we know if the Nomi/Paloma TV spot contains new footage or is it a re-cut if stuff we’ve seen before?

The million dollar question! Anyone have any japanese contacts who've been to the cinemas recently?

Indeed, no idea!
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    BMB007 wrote: »
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    The one-minute trailer has been removed from the BBFC site
    https://www.bbfc.co.uk/release/no-time-to-die-q29sbgvjdglvbjpwwc00otmzmty

[heavy breathing]

+1.
    Disney just posted a tweet stating that Shang Chi is still going ahead with its September 3 release for theatres. So I’m more optimistic that NTTD will release September 30.
    00Heaven wrote: »
    delfloria wrote: »
    SOME audiences could connect with him a little better. Once again I have the feeling this is a generational thing.

It's not generational. It's called being an individual with your own likes and preferences.

But your likes and preferences are usually molded by the generation you grow up in.
    007007x wrote: »
    Disney just posted a tweet stating that Shang Chi is still going ahead with its September 3 release for theatres. So I’m more optimistic that NTTD will release September 30.

Been wondering about that myself. Hopefully it doesnt tank and spook Eon at the last minute but by then it will probably be too late for them to delay given all the $$ they're spending.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,343

It’s a different situation since Disney is a huge corporation and it has a lot of films/shows waiting down the pipeline and they can’t delay anymore. Then those films will be available after a month and a half on Disney+ as well. Bond will do his thing and I believe they are terrified by the most likely scenario: failing to hit even the $500 million mark.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    edited August 2021 Posts: 573
    But your likes and preferences are usually molded by the generation you grow up in.

And it's moulded by other things as well - I can tell you a lot about different generations and their thoughts on Bond... They're all individually different with different opinions. But if you want to believe it's a generational matter then go ahead :).
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited August 2021 Posts: 3,018
    The longer trailer but with Chinese or Japanese NTTD logo

EDIT: Replacing prev. posted Insta with saved pictures. First one below is a brand new standee.

Spanish
    BgSITM6.jpg
    QQXEd1Q.jpg
    Chinese or Japanese
    a5ZEY7Q.jpg
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    matt_u wrote: »
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    I find it really hard to accept the idea of NTTD bombing at the box-office in less than two months. After all their effort and the frustrating wait it’s just not fair.

Bombing is relative, I think. Since this is an industry wide shock, everything is gonna lose money. But if Bond (big if) has the biggest box office haul, did it "bomb"?

Obviously like you say everybody is losing money, it’s not just Bond. Even tho NTTD still suffers for the longest delay and unlike most other major blockbuster doesn’t have a streaming platform backup plan. As I see things anyway, NTTD has 0 chances to be the highest grossing film of 2021 since F9’s numbers are out of its reach. I don’t know, if Bond will barely cross the $400 million mark it’s gonna be considered a box-office bomb? I’d say hell yes. Keep in mind that a film everybody hated with a B Cinemascore like Tenet made $363 million one year ago. And the worst thing is that a $400/450 million box office figure is what this film will likely generate, given the current times.

Again with the streaming? it won't go to streaming. And if it does, not only on such a platform. If they don't release NTTD in theaters, I'll refuse to see it until the Blu Ray comes out.

Where did I say NTTD will go to streaming? Read again.

"It doesn't have a streaming backup plan".

So what? That’s just a fact. Read again.

I assumed that you think that it will go to streaming. If I was wrong: sorry old chap.

No problem man I was just pointing out that NTTD doesn’t have that day and date release strategy and quite frankly I’m very happy about that.

I'm no expert but I wonder if some films struggling at BO (Black Widow, The Suicide Squad) is both a function of COVID and also people having the option to just watch at home. Perhaps if NTTD gets a lot of hype, it'll get people into the theaters. We'll see!

BW has grossed $359,758,784 so far.

The highest grossing movie of this year so far is Hi, Mom... ($848,154,381)

And it's moulded by other things as well - I can tell you a lot about different generations and their thoughts on Bond... They're all individually different with different opinions. But if you want to believe it's a generational matter then go ahead :).

True.
    Contraband wrote: »
    First Insta: The longer trailer but with chinese (I think) NTTD logo

In spanish: First one below is a brand new standee:

Love that standee with all the characters! Nice find!
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Gotta agree with the above. The standee with all the characters is brilliant.

BTW, a bit of a random question. I recall maybe a month or two ago there was a Bond fan with terminal cancer who was trying to get the attention of the execs so he could see the movie before he very tragically passed away. Does anyone know if he got his wish?

BTW, a bit of a random question. I recall maybe a month or two ago there was a Bond fan with terminal cancer who was trying to get the attention of the execs so he could see the movie before he very tragically passed away. Does anyone know if he got his wish?

His daugther did manage to get in touch 'with the right people'. Unknown at this time if they were successful!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

@00Heaven He died in July

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    That’s too bad.
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    Very sad and he was so young too. His daughter's Instagram post is very poignant. RIP.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

I noticed tiny differences in this version. Maybe wider and longer frames from the previous versions.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base

I noticed tiny differences in this version. Maybe wider and longer frames from the previous versions.

This version is trailer 3. I can put it side by side and see if there are any differences, though.
    This was just posted from 007 Japan, advanced tickets and limited edition Globe-Trotter set.

This was just posted from 007 Japan, advanced tickets and limited edition Globe-Trotter set.

If they are promoting tickets, surely a delay isn't imminent...
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base

This version is trailer 3. I can put it side by side and see if there are any differences, though.

just did a comparison and it is exactly the same as the trailer 3 released last year, unfortunately
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    just watched it, some brief shots I've not seen before.
    Yeah that VIP set announcement (I wonder if the UK 007 store will also use the mini Globe Trotter for their sets as well now) is certainly a good potential sign...
    At least one other country forging ahead
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

I love that arrangement of the Bond theme at the beginning. It sounds classy but also really tense
    antovolk wrote: »

Hopefully a sign the marketing push is really gonna kick into overdrive soon!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I do think they need to start getting a more aggressive marketing campaign going. Apart from old trailers in the cinema, I've not seen anything for it, and the films meant to come out next month here in the UK.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I do think they need to start getting a more aggressive marketing campaign going. Apart from old trailers in the cinema, I've not seen anything for it, and the films meant to come out next month here in the UK.

Yes, next month.
    But it's still more than 7 weeks.

People forget what happened 7 weeks ago.

They need to be all over the place with Bond at the end of September/early October, not now.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    edited August 2021 Posts: 138
    The Deauville film festival (which will start Sept. 3th) has announced that there will be 5 event movies this year: Sean Penn's FLAG DAY, STILLWATER with Matt Damon, CITY OF LIES with Johnny Depp, Paul Schrader's THE CARD COUNTER... AND a mysterious "long awaited" and unnamed fifth movie... It can't be DUNE nor The LAST DUEL because it will premiered at Venice Film Festival (the concurrent festival that takes place at the same time) so a lot of people begin to think that it could be the last adventure of our favorite vodka martini enthusiast, NO TIME DIE ! Fingers crossed... https://www.festival-deauville.com/5-films-evenements-a-deauville/