The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I would have liked to see Messi in the Premier League just as a fan of football, though at his age the French league will be easier for him.

I currently have 2 City players in my draft.

Man United playing Everton today at OT pre season friendly, will be interesting to see who is back for United.

Interesting! I've had a few drafts including more than one City player too, but the current one which feels a bit unfinished, has none.

It will be really interesting to see who features for United today. Has Sancho been training with the squad? I'm still trying to figure out if I want to pick him or Fernandes for my gameweek 1 team.

Many of the Euro players have returned who had earlier exits from the competition, not sure about Sancho having reached the Final. Bruno should be involved today.

I decided to forget about Sancho for now unless he plays today and scores a hattrick lol
    I would have liked to see Messi in the Premier League just as a fan of football, though at his age the French league will be easier for him.

I currently have 2 City players in my draft.

Man United playing Everton today at OT pre season friendly, will be interesting to see who is back for United.

Interesting! I've had a few drafts including more than one City player too, but the current one which feels a bit unfinished, has none.

It will be really interesting to see who features for United today. Has Sancho been training with the squad? I'm still trying to figure out if I want to pick him or Fernandes for my gameweek 1 team.

Many of the Euro players have returned who had earlier exits from the competition, not sure about Sancho having reached the Final. Bruno should be involved today.

I decided to forget about Sancho for now unless he plays today and scores a hattrick lol

Fernandes is perhaps the safer pick for now, given he's a nailed on option to start, and we know he's capable of bringing in the points. He's also an easy switch to Sancho; the other way around will be tricky!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    DqJ8BlW.png

These stats certainly give food for thought.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,060
    Man United v Everton starting Line up's today...
    De Gea
    Shaw Maguire Lindelof AWB
    Matic DVDB
    Bruno
    James Greenwood
    Martial
    Pickford
    Digne Godfrey Keane Coleman
    Doucoure Allan
    Townsend Iwobi
    Rodriguez
    Demarai Grey

Pogba on bench, Lingard isolating has Covid. No Sancho in matchday squad.

I currently have Holgate in my draft I was expecting Everton to start with 3 at the back this season, Holgate I will get rid of.
    Greenwood goal after calamity defending.

Pickford is allover the place, you would not think he was the same player after his Euro heroics.

2 - 0 Maguire great header from Shaw's corner.

Wow world class free kick from Bruno, United have been incredible in this first half only 30 mins played 3 - 0. DVDB and Matic's first touch passing is a joy to watch.

Mata, Fred and Pogba on at half time for DVDB, Matic and Martial.

4 - 0 in the end, missed the last goal as MUTV had buffering issues ... again.

Dalot scored the 4th.

Edited: The community shield is on shortly, City v Leicester should be a good game.
    Penalty to Leicester...

Goal Ineacho. 1 - 0, 2 minutes to go.

Deserved win for Leicester though City are missing a few players. City maybe starting the season with a few big names out for a few weeks.

DqJ8BlW.png

This certainly makes a case for defenders!

Pickford is allover the place, you would not think he was the same player after his Euro heroics.

Wow world class free kick from Bruno, United have been incredible in this first half only 30 mins played 3 - 0. DVDB and Matic's first touch passing is a joy to watch.

Dalot scored the 4th.

Edited: The community shield is on shortly, City v Leicester should be a good game.

Didn't catch this game or the Community Shield, as I was busy doing other things. How would you say the teams performed in these two matches, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns? I have Digne in my current draft, but I'm not so sure about Everton assets now…
    DqJ8BlW.png

Dalot scored the 4th.

Didn't catch this game or the Community Shield, as I was busy doing other things. How would you say the teams performed in these two matches, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns? I have Digne in my current draft, but I'm not so sure about Everton assets now…

Everton were better in the second half though that was after United made subs, Benitez has work to do I think, at times the defence was all over the place though united were excellent to be fair. Everton have decent fixtures though it all depends on how quick Benitez gets the team solid at the back. Knowing Benitez he my play it safe at first and try to keep clean sheets so Digne may still me a good option.

City missing a lot of players and were second best in the first half, Leicester looked good. City may not be at it for a few weeks until all there players are match fit, whether Kane signs or not will have a bearing on whether I back city next week.Out of the 4 teams United looked the best.

I changed my draft about 10 times yesterday :)) I have two teams in mind, one is for my wildcard in 4 or 5 weeks time and one for next week.

Bruno's goal from yesterday a goal you wish he had scored in the Premier League.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 17,235
    DqJ8BlW.png

Dalot scored the 4th.

Everton were better in the second half though that was after United made subs, Benitez has work to do I think, at times the defence was all over the place though united were excellent to be fair. Everton have decent fixtures though it all depends on how quick Benitez gets the team solid at the back. Knowing Benitez he my play it safe at first and try to keep clean sheets so Digne may still me a good option.

City missing a lot of players and were second best in the first half, Leicester looked good. City may not be at it for a few weeks until all there players are match fit, whether Kane signs or not will have a bearing on whether I back city next week.Out of the 4 teams United looked the best.

I changed my draft about 10 times yesterday :)) I have two teams in mind, one is for my wildcard in 4 or 5 weeks time and one for next week.

I'm currently looking at what I can do with a 4.5 instead of Digne, but there aren't that many appealing 4.5 options with decent fixtures. As you point out though, Benítez might play it safe though, which is good for clean sheets.

City are really making things difficult. I feel I have to have one City player, but we might not get a proper City team for weeks yet… Dias is one I'm considering though.

United have looked promising (as we can see from the video you posted), and I can't see myself not doubling up on them. I might even try a triple up, but that's putting a lot of eggs in one basket.

Just making minor changes to my draft at the moment. Nothing is set in stone, and I'm just waiting for those latest transfer news to be confirmed. If Lukaku ends up at Chelsea, he must be considered; I think Chelsea will have a great season.
    I have considered Dias and Cancelo, Mahrez maybe the best attacking option for city right now and regarding Lukaku I was not going to go for a premium striker though he will be a goal machine for Chelsea so I will get him in.

Grealish should do well at City though will he end up being the assister to the assister.
    I have considered Dias and Cancelo, Mahrez maybe the best attacking option for city right now and regarding Lukaku I was not going to go for a premium striker though he will be a goal machine for Chelsea so I will get him in.

Grealish should do well at City though will he end up being the assister to the assister.

Those are the exact same City players that I'm considering at the moment. Expect they will all feature in gameweek 1, but Mahrez could easily become a rotation nightmare when they have a full squad. I'm interested in the price of Lukaku; if I don't have him in my gameweek 1 team, I need to have a plan to easily bring him in (that goes for any premium striker).

Yes, that's a good point re. Grealish – though he is capable of delivering Fantasy points. What will be very interesting to see, is who will benefit from Grealish coming into the team!
    Arsenal (predictably) losing to Sp*rs in today's friendly. One word from an FPL perspective: avoid!
    Arsenal (predictably) losing to Sp*rs in today's friendly. One word from an FPL perspective: avoid!

Interesting choice of pre season friendly, Nuno will no doubt make Spurs tough to break down. Is Kane playing?

Interesting choice of pre season friendly, Nuno will no doubt make Spurs tough to break down. Is Kane playing?

No, he wasn't available for this game. I expect the final score would have been even bigger if he did!

Sp*rs wasn't at their best either, but Arsenal offered no threat at all. Son and Alli looked alright though.

No, he wasn't available for this game. I expect the final score would have been even bigger if he did!

Sp*rs wasn't at their best either, but Arsenal offered no threat at all. Son and Alli looked alright though.

Arsenal players still to return? Do you think you will get Maddison?

Saka just returned (and featured in the second half today), and Martinelli just finished the Olympics. Other than that, all of them should be back – injuries aside of course.

I don't think they will be able to meet Leicester's (rumoured) asking price, after spending £50m on Ben White, and (apparently) eying a £40m transfer for Aaron Ramsdale… They're also rumoured with just about any player at the moment, though I think it looks like another disappointing transfer window for them. The major issue now besides the defence, is that they don't create any chances. Watching them play Chelsea and Sp*rs, it's obvious that this team won't score many goals playing like they do. And I'm not sure just throwing a few signings into the mix will solve things.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Saka just returned (and featured in the second half today), and Martinelli just finished the Olympics. Other than that, all of them should be back – injuries aside of course.

I don't think they will be able to meet Leicester's (rumoured) asking price, after spending £50m on Ben White, and (apparently) eying a £40m transfer for Aaron Ramsdale… They're also rumoured with just about any player at the moment, though I think it looks like another disappointing transfer window for them. The major issue now besides the defence, is that they don't create any chances. Watching them play Chelsea and Sp*rs, it's obvious that this team won't score many goals playing like they do. And I'm not sure just throwing a few signings into the mix will solve things.

Andy Robertson will undergo a scan on Monday after suffering an ankle injury in Liverpool's friendly against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
    He played every game last season.

Newcastle have agreed a fee in the region of £25m with Arsenal for midfielder Joe Willock.
    Good price for Newcastle ?

Andy Robertson will undergo a scan on Monday after suffering an ankle injury in Liverpool's friendly against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
    He played every game last season.

Newcastle have agreed a fee in the region of £25m with Arsenal for midfielder Joe Willock.
    Good price for Newcastle ?

Had Robertson in quite a few drafts. Certainly a blow for Liverpool if he's out for some time.

I'd say that's a good price for Newcastle. Arsenal need to raise funds, and Willock is one of few players they are likely to get offers for. The issue selling him is that Willock is one of few players Arsenal currently have that is an attacking threat…
    Arsenal selling Willock makes no sense certainly with how he played at the back end of last season.

Just realised Robertson was in my current draft.
    Arsenal selling Willock makes no sense certainly with how he played at the back end of last season.

Martínez last season, and Willock this season. You can bet he'll have a great season at Newcastle :))

Replaced Robertson with Shaw in my previous draft to save some cash. I think I'm closing in on a draft that I can start the season with, but it depends on the transfer news throughout the week.

Martínez last season, and Willock this season. You can bet he'll have a great season at Newcastle :))

Replaced Robertson with Shaw in my previous draft to save some cash. I think I'm closing in on a draft that I can start the season with, but it depends on the transfer news throughout the week.

My current draft is without Salah and its a pretty good team lol

Are you considering a non-Salah team?

I am though its a risk with Liverpool's early fixtures, though its whether I can recoup the points elsewhere in my team. Kane and Lukaku will also be a major factor, it will be one of them or Salah for sure.

p.s. I currently have Sterling in my squad... maybe a place holder.

I am though its a risk with Liverpool's early fixtures, though its whether I can recoup the points elsewhere in my team. Kane and Lukaku will also be a major factor, it will be one of them or Salah for sure.

Salah is the only player I haven't touched after making my first draft. He's no doubt my captain in gameweek 1! Juggling the premiums will be really difficult this season, especially if Kane goes to City.

I don't have any City in my current draft. That's really just playing it safe and avoiding the Pep roulette. Anything can happen still though. And about that draft: I got £3.0m in the bank!*

*Could also be £1.0m depending on formation
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia

Salah is the only player I haven't touched after making my first draft. He's no doubt my captain in gameweek 1! Juggling the premiums will be really difficult this season, especially if Kane goes to City.

I don't have any City in my current draft. That's really just playing it safe and avoiding the Pep roulette. Anything can happen still though. And about that draft: I got £3.0m in the bank!*

Gündogan and Lukaku(if signed) might be the only manc or chelsea player i might put in my team.

Any promoted players in your teams ? I don't know much about their players yet.

What do you and other Arsenal fans think of Edu's performance as technical director as he seems to be in charge of signing and selling players ?
    Very busy week so had to commit to a squad now, I have decided to ignore Sancho, Kane and Lukaku for now or at least for the first few GW's.

Going with not too many risks early on (perhaps my cheap Goal Keeper) just want a solid start, will remind myself of two seasons ago... be patient and don't take too many hits is my advice to myself.

Gündogan and Lukaku(if signed) might be the only manc or chelsea player i might put in my team.

What do you and other Arsenal fans think of Edu's performance as technical director as he seems to be in charge of signing and selling players ?

I'm tempted by Gündogan. I don't have him in my current draft, but he's great value for a City player. As of now, I don't have any promoted players in my team that I plan on starting (I have Foster on the bench), but I haven't ruled out bringing in one yet. It will depend on the rest of the team.

I'm not sure… He's not been in the position long, and I find it difficult to give an opinion on him – at least until this window closes. So far, it's really just been more of the same really. Arsenal aren't capable to attract the best players any more, and the gap to the teams ahead of them; City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Sp*rs is only going to grow.
    Very busy week so had to commit to a squad now, I have decided to ignore Sancho, Kane and Lukaku for now or at least for the first few GW's.

Going with not too many risks early on (perhaps my cheap Goal Keeper) just want a solid start, will remind myself of two seasons ago... be patient and don't take too many hits is my advice to myself.

I could really use the money saved by going Sancho over Fernandes, but the closer to the actual deadline we get, I'm less sure if I want to pick Bruno already from gameweek 1. It's easier to downgrade Bruno than to upgrade Sancho.

I currently have two 4.0 defenders, which feels a bit risky. That's really the only thing about my current draft that isn't sort of safe.

I'm tempted by Gündogan. I don't have him in my current draft, but he's great value for a City player. As of now, I don't have any promoted players in my team that I plan on starting (I have Foster on the bench), but I haven't ruled out bringing in one yet. It will depend on the rest of the team.

I'm not sure… He's not been in the position long, and I find it difficult to give an opinion on him – at least until this window closes. So far, it's really just been more of the same really. Arsenal aren't capable to attract the best players any more, and the gap to the teams ahead of them; City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Sp*rs is only going to grow.

I could really use the money saved by going Sancho over Fernandes, but the closer to the actual deadline we get, I'm less sure if I want to pick Bruno already from gameweek 1. It's easier to downgrade Bruno than to upgrade Sancho.

I currently have two 4.0 defenders, which feels a bit risky. That's really the only thing about my current draft that isn't sort of safe.

I have one 4.0 defender I suspect its one of the ones you have.

At the moment I am torn by one of my striker options though it will be a case of changing at the last minute if needed.
    Andy is getting some good guest's on, Chris Sutton was on the other day. In this vid Ben Foster...