The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,340
    Trying a few drafts without Sancho in my team my midfield looks good though defence still weak. Closer to deadline i will end up having a completely different team :))

Beyond Bruno and Salah no one else is nailed of for me at the moment, I need to start looking at preseason result for other teams.

There are very few nailed players in my team as well. Salah and Alexander-Arnold are the only players that I've included in every draft. Still tempted to go without Fernandes, but it will depend on how much Sancho features and how he plays in preseason. Will need to make two separate drafts most likely – one with Sancho and one with Fernandes, and pick one of them for gameweek 1.

I have yet to set up a draft with a very strong defence will do that later, I am settled on my strikers there are some good mid priced options, unlikely I will go premium.

I currently have three mid-priced strikers, and I'm unlikely to change that. If anything, I'll downgrade one of them and change formation to a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2.

My defence right now is Alexander-Arnold, Robertson and Digne. In other words a quite strong defence. Not sure if I want to start the season with an Everton defender though, so Digne is just as much a placeholder as a genuine option.

I'd like to see Alexander-Arnold play midfield this season.
    I wonder if klopp will do that with matip, van dijk, gomes back and also konate ?

funny-football-gif-89.gif

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2021 Posts: 23,060
    Elanga goal cracking volley vs Brentford, could be a breakout player for United this season. I think Dan James days are numbered if he does not improve there are a plethora of great young players in his position.

Though Elanga is playing as central striker today though often plays on the wing and is much better than James.

Brentford equalise with an even better volley Baptiste hell of a goal.

Perraira with a worldy third volleyed goal of the game, that was a special goal.
    Trying a few drafts without Sancho in my team my midfield looks good though defence still weak. Closer to deadline i will end up having a completely different team :))

Beyond Bruno and Salah no one else is nailed of for me at the moment, I need to start looking at preseason result for other teams.

There are very few nailed players in my team as well. Salah and Alexander-Arnold are the only players that I've included in every draft. Still tempted to go without Fernandes, but it will depend on how much Sancho features and how he plays in preseason. Will need to make two separate drafts most likely – one with Sancho and one with Fernandes, and pick one of them for gameweek 1.

I have yet to set up a draft with a very strong defence will do that later, I am settled on my strikers there are some good mid priced options, unlikely I will go premium.

I currently have three mid-priced strikers, and I'm unlikely to change that. If anything, I'll downgrade one of them and change formation to a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2.

My defence right now is Alexander-Arnold, Robertson and Digne. In other words a quite strong defence. Not sure if I want to start the season with an Everton defender though, so Digne is just as much a placeholder as a genuine option.

I wonder if klopp will do that with matip, van dijk, gomes back and also konate ?

Alexander-Arnold is playing far up the pitch already, isn't he? :D

Hahaha, that's unlucky!
    Elanga goal cracking volley vs Brentford, could be a breakout player for United this season. I think Dan James days are numbered if he does not improve there are a plethora of great young players in his position.

Though Elanga is playing as central striker today though often plays on the wing and is much better than James.

Perraira with a worldy third volleyed goal of the game, that was a special goal.

How did United and Brentford play? Any players that stood out?
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,340

Hahaha, that's unlucky!

Extremely unlucky but nice flick on. 👍

Do you think Willock should stay or go ?

tumblr_o2m17hIErl1v8xre3o1_400.gifv

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Hahaha, that's unlucky!

In the first half Greenwood looked sharp good passing and movement, to be honest until both teams made wholesale changes Man united B team completely dominated Brentford, Brentford could not get the ball there first goal was completely against the run of play. Toney looked rusty so not much to go on, Brentford's winger/attacker Mbeumo 5.5 Million is currently in my draft and scored a good goal and took a free kick later on so he is in my thinking.

Only Greenwood and AWB started from our likely first 11, Greenwood maybe not even first 11 currently with all player fit etc.

Arsenal I think should attack this Brentford side in a few weeks time.
    Man United 2 - 2 Brentford all four goals were excellent...

Perreira's goal is a thing of beauty.
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 17,235

Hahaha, that's unlucky!

Haha, yes!

I don't know really. I think Willock at his best could be a good player for Arsenal to have, but he probably needs another loan move to get minutes. It depends on Arsenal's transfer activity this summer. If they sign another midfielder, then he's probably not going to get that many minutes.

Oufh! I nearly had a miss like that playing cageball last Sunday! :))

Hahaha, that's unlucky!

In the first half Greenwood looked sharp good passing and movement, to be honest until both teams made wholesale changes Man united B team completely dominated Brentford, Brentford could not get the ball there first goal was completely against the run of play. Toney looked rusty so not much to go on, Brentford's winger/attacker Mbeumo 5.5 Million is currently in my draft and scored a good goal and took a free kick later on so he is in my thinking.

Only Greenwood and AWB started from our likely first 11, Greenwood maybe not even first 11 currently with all player fit etc.

Arsenal I think should attack this Brentford side in a few weeks time.

Interesting! I have my eyes on Greenwood as a possible player to start the season with. Wan-Bissaka too, should Shaw not make the start of the season. A bit worrying that Toney didn't look that sharp though, but there are a few weeks left yet. Mbeumo at 5.5 is tempting, as his price is at a point where you can bench him when you need to.
    Man United v Preston pre season friendly due to take place on Saturday is canceled due to Covid, apparently its a precaution.

Edited:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/12367498/manchester-united-call-off-friendly-against-preston-after-small-number-of-suspected-covid-19-cases-identified

"This has led to those people isolating, pending further tests.

"As a precautionary measure based on COVID protocols, we have taken the difficult decision that we will not now be able to play the friendly match against Preston North End this Saturday, July 31.

"We regret the disruption to Preston North End and disappointment caused to fans. Any Manchester United supporters who have purchased tickets for the game will be automatically refunded.

"At this stage, we do not expect further disruption around our forthcoming matches, but we will continue to follow Premier League protocols in this regard."

This is a reminder that Covid might still be a factor to consider this FPL season as well. I'm considering a 3-5-2, but that might force me to bring in a non-playing striker as well as a 4.0 defender. That might not be the best idea…
    This is a reminder that Covid might still be a factor to consider this FPL season as well. I'm considering a 3-5-2, but that might force me to bring in a non-playing striker as well as a 4.0 defender. That might not be the best idea…

Even if no symptoms a positive test means risk of spread and shutting things down. I had my jabs in Jan and April and I still have to test 3 times a week minimum. With two weeks to go until the start of the season it may not effect our teams unless someone falls ill for longer.

Even if no symptoms a positive test means risk of spread and shutting things down. I had my jabs in Jan and April and I still have to test 3 times a week minimum. With two weeks to go until the start of the season it may not effect our teams unless someone falls ill for longer.

That's true. We only have to take into consideration that like last season, there might be a few surprises along the way. I had my first jab only a few hours ago.

That's true. We only have to take into consideration that like last season, there might be a few surprises along the way. I had my first jab only a few hours ago.

That's good, any side effects? I just had mild pain in arm and felt a bit tired after the first one which is common.

Just looking at my team now, gone with a full playing squad, like previous seasons I am likely to hit my wildcard early if I want to change it.

That's good, any side effects? I just had mild pain in arm and felt a bit tired after the first one which is common.

Just looking at my team now, gone with a full playing squad, like previous seasons I am likely to hit my wildcard early if I want to change it.

None as of yet, other than a slight stiffness, though I was a bit stiff in the arm already after cutting and lifting some branches yesterday – so it might be unrelated.

I have a full playing squad, second goalkeeper and (potentially) fifth defender aside. If there's a 4.0 defender we know will play, then I will likely only have a non-playing goalkeeper going into gameweek 1. Not ruling out anything yet though, so I might still consider a goalkeeper rotation and a full-playing squad overall.

None as of yet, other than a slight stiffness, though I was a bit stiff in the arm already after cutting and lifting some branches yesterday – so it might be unrelated.

I have a full playing squad, second goalkeeper and (potentially) fifth defender aside. If there's a 4.0 defender we know will play, then I will likely only have a non-playing goalkeeper going into gameweek 1. Not ruling out anything yet though, so I might still consider a goalkeeper rotation and a full-playing squad overall.

You guys are having a long pre-season FPL.
    By the time the real stuff starts you lads will be weeks ahead of the rest of us....... :)>-

200.gif

By the time the real stuff starts you lads will be weeks ahead of the rest of us....... :)>-

200.gif

I am none the wiser with my team, the extra weeks have not helped :))

I reluctantly have two 4.5 keepers currently, I hate being in a position where a benched keeper can out score the one I started.

200.gif

I am none the wiser with my team, the extra weeks have not helped :))

I reluctantly have two 4.5 keepers currently, I hate being in a position where a benched keeper can out score the one I started.

My FPL manager is still on holidays, watching the Olympics, in IBIZA....... :))
    Rashford having shoulder surgery could be out until October, I am happy about this as he seriously needs a rest and to sort the injury he has been carrying for way too long.

Yes, bench points are the worst! The only upside is knowing that the benched players can deliver. There are a few interesting 4.5 options this season, so going with two playing goalies could be a good idea.
    Rashford having shoulder surgery could be out until October, I am happy about this as he seriously needs a rest and to sort the injury he has been carrying for way too long.

United will no doubt miss him in the short term. In the long term, both the surgery and the rest can do him really well, and United will no doubt get a player at his best in return.

Planning ahead can be a good thing in FPL, but I will no doubt end up starting the season with something closer to one of the very first drafts I made, haha!
    200.gif

At least they did their defending…
    I see Ben White has gone to Arsenal, he is in my current draft and his kit changed lol

Xhaka staying according to reports, I thought he had already left for Roma.
    I see Ben White has gone to Arsenal, he is in my current draft and his kit changed lol

Xhaka staying according to reports, I thought he had already left for Roma.

I might have considered him as an option if he stayed at Brighton. Now, not so much! :))

Every report suggested Xhaka to Roma was only a few details away. I guess Roma's offers weren't good enough for Arsenal.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,060
    Grealish in Manchester today to sign for City according to reports for £100 million pounds, I wonder which City player makes way.

Great player, good team Gr though not convinced City need him or whether it's a good fit.

At Villa literally everything goes through him, that won't be the case at City. Also will KDB sit deeper with Grealish on the pitch, how will the signing effect Gundogan?

One thing is for sure Pep coaching Grealish if it works out can be good for England.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 7,500

Hahaha, that's unlucky!

It's van Persie, right? The man revered for his technique when hitting the ball ;))
    edited August 2021 Posts: 23,060
    Villa signing Ings has made me question whether Watkins will start consistently or now play on the flanks, I currently have Watkins in my draft.
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 17,235
    Grealish in Manchester today to sign for City according to reports for £100 million pounds, I wonder which City player makes way.

Great player, good team Gr though not convinced City need him or whether it's a good fit.

At Villa literally everything goes through him, that won't be the case at City. Also will KDB sit deeper with Grealish on the pitch, how will the signing effect Gundogan?

One thing is for sure Pep coaching Grealish if it works out can be good for England.
    Villa signing Ings has made me question whether Watkins will start consistently or now play on the flanks, I currently have Watkins in my draft.

All these signings are really messing up my fantasy drafts! Tried fitting Salah, Fernandes, Kane and Grealish in a draft earlier, but the rest of the team had to be all budget for it to be possible…

I'm unsure about Watkins as an option now too. Having the likes of Salah and Fernandes in our teams means we have to find those good, cheaper options, and Watkins have been one of the most popular options given Villa's fixtures.

All these signings are really messing up my fantasy drafts! Tried fitting Salah, Fernandes, Kane and Grealish in a draft earlier, but the rest of the team had to be all budget for it to be possible…

I'm unsure about Watkins as an option now too. Having the likes of Salah and Fernandes in our teams means we have to find those good, cheaper options, and Watkins have been one of the most popular options given Villa's fixtures.

Now the Messi situation, will City grow tired of Spurs and forget Kane and go for Messi. (Barca calling La Ligas bluff so Messi could still be at Barca next season...???)

Interesting week ahead.

Now the Messi situation, will City grow tired of Spurs and forget Kane and go for Messi. (Barca calling La Ligas bluff so Messi could still be at Barca next season...???)

Interesting week ahead.

Interesting week indeed! Looks like Messi might end up in Paris though.

Messi or not, all these transfers are really making things difficult from an FPL point of view. Deciding which premiums to own will be really difficult!
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,340

Interesting week ahead.

Interesting week indeed! Looks like Messi might end up in Paris though.

Messi or not, all these transfers are really making things difficult from an FPL point of view. Deciding which premiums to own will be really difficult!

Community Shield 2021 today.
    Team news.
    Manchester City will be missing a few international stars for this clash but the likes of Ruben Dias, Joao Cancelo, Nathan Ake, Benjamin Mendy, Fernandinho, Ilkay Gundogan and Riyad Mahrez are all expected to be involved.

New signing Jack Grealish had been training with former club Aston Villa and is a small chance of making his debut just days after moving to the Etihad.

Leicester will be without an injured Wesley Fofana, while Kasper Schmeichel and Danny Ward are also unlikely to feature having not been involved in pre-season.

6a83f7c62df9dd4c25c2d5af898e239a.gif
    I will definitely keep an eye on that City team. Pep rotation is always an issue, but I won't rule out starting gameweek 1 with a City player.
    I would have liked to see Messi in the Premier League just as a fan of football, though at his age the French league will be easier for him.

I currently have 2 City players in my draft.

Man United playing Everton today at OT pre season friendly, will be interesting to see who is back for United.
    I would have liked to see Messi in the Premier League just as a fan of football, though at his age the French league will be easier for him.

I currently have 2 City players in my draft.

Man United playing Everton today at OT pre season friendly, will be interesting to see who is back for United.

Interesting! I've had a few drafts including more than one City player too, but the current one which feels a bit unfinished, has none.

It will be really interesting to see who features for United today. Has Sancho been training with the squad? I'm still trying to figure out if I want to pick him or Fernandes for my gameweek 1 team.