Star Wars (1977 - present)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MR is certainly better than Solo.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    MR is certainly better than Solo.

Totally agree
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    MR is the Citizen Kane of the Bonds.

I have spoken.

Now, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, YOU . OBEY . ME! EXPEL THEM!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I think MR is great one of my favourite Moore Bond films though my Bond bias can't say it's better than a couple of the Star Wars Movies.
    ---
    Watching Star Wars: The Bad Batch episode 1, something early on in the Premier ups the stakes immediately this is better than I was expecting.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    If we were talking TSWLM vs Star Wars, I may be inclined to give it to TSWLM. Moonraker... nah.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Someone on Twitter has made Star Wars acceptable.

E0jDqevXoAUtfPn?format=jpg&name=900x900
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I tried to watch THE BAD BATCH but gave up ten minutes in.
    I’ve not watched any of the animated stuff. Being 44 I kind of figure it’s aimed more squarely at kids, which having watched the bad batch i can see is correct. That said I watched it with my 2 children and they enjoyed it as did I. Far from essential but I will sit with them every Monday to watch.

I just wish we had some of the more intriguing areas of the universe being shown. I think I said before but the whole mystery of darth plagueis or Sifo Dyas hold more interest for me than more clone stuff
    I always assumed Darth Plagueis is just a story Palpatine made up, just to manipulate Anakin.

I know there’s EU crap but none of that stuff exists to me.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I always assumed Darth Plagueis is just a story Palpatine made up, just to manipulate Anakin.

That would have been much less ambiguous if the original script had been adhered to. Palpatine outright told Anakin that Plagueis was his master at first.

I get that. But Star Wars draws heavily from EU stuff. I'm sure that Admiral Thrawn will make the live action films some day.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 8,000
    I don’t know anything about Thrawn, but when he’s brought into live action I hope they make the character work well in a way that’s independent from the EU, rather than rely on the goodwill of fans already liking the character. I’m not gonna clap my hands at the very first sight of him and call Filoni the second coming for just doing that much. For me that didn’t work with Luke’s appearance in Mando S2.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don't know much about Thrawn: he's not as exciting conceptually as the movie baddies- even Darth Maul is a brilliant piece of design where Thrawn is just a green guy.
    Grand Admiral Thrawn has been rumoured to be in The Mandalorian S3.
    mtm wrote: »
    I don't know much about Thrawn: he's not as exciting conceptually as the movie baddies- even Darth Maul is a brilliant piece of design where Thrawn is just a green guy.

The Chiss are blue. ;-)
    I don’t know anything about Thrawn, but when he’s brought into live action I hope they make the character work well in a way that’s independent from the EU, rather than rely on the goodwill of fans already liking the character. I’m not gonna clap my hands at the very first sight of him and call Filoni the second coming for just doing that much. For me that didn’t work with Luke’s appearance in Mando S2.

Agreed. Absolutely.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    DarthDimi wrote: »

The Chiss are blue. ;-)

Is that what he is?
    edited May 2021 Posts: 23,449
    DarthDimi wrote: »

The Chiss are blue. ;-)

Is that what he is?

Yes, he is. Timothy Zahn's first books are pretty good. The 'Heir To The Empire' trilogy introduces several of the popular EU characters, including Thrawn and Mara Jade as well as Han and Leia's kids. Zahn made it clear that Thrawn is Chiss.
    Someone on Twitter has made Star Wars acceptable.

E0jDqevXoAUtfPn?format=jpg&name=900x900

I love this!!!! :))
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 1,314
    Yeah I agree. If I need to consume obscure Star Wars comic no 1736 to understand a plot point in the films then I’m not interested.

To me Star Wars is the films and the mandolorian. And any subsequent live action tv series they do.

Clone wars is a diversion for the kids. Same as the droids cartoon.
    Star Wars has always been 'for kids' though. I've no shame in enjoying The Clone Wars, Star Wars: Rebels and this new series The Bad Batch!
    Star Wars has always been 'for kids' though. I've no shame in enjoying The Clone Wars, Star Wars: Rebels and this new series The Bad Batch!

Oh yes totally. But I’m not a kid anymore is what I mean. The mandolorian skews older
    Basically live action Star Wars is for everyone, but animated Star Wars veers more toward children.
    Planning can be helpful, but let's not pretend Lucas had a plan with the six films he made. The most infamous example is deciding to change Luke's father into Vader.

What would have been more helpful than a plan was to push back IX and hire someone with imagination. Unfortunately, they stuck to their December 2019 date and chose J.J. Abrams to work in a limited timeframe. That was more damning than not having a plan.

Boyega s character had a great setup, but unfortunately he turned annoying very soon.

Heh, maybe we should listen to her, or else she’ll turn to the dark side and aid a tyrannical dictatorship.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Boyega s character had a great setup, but unfortunately he turned annoying very soon.

I don't think he turned annoying, they just gave him nothing to do.

Maybe posted before?

I had forgotten this scene.