No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Contraband wrote: »
    @Bentley007 and @QBranch

If I may:
    Guy fighting Bond and falling from second floor down to the bar is not Valdo. It's a random henchman or maybe Primo. If it's Primo he won't be killed since we know he appear in Safin's lair later in NTTD.

My take on the Havana-sequence going by all the stills, trailer footage and BTS-material.
    Valdo with his metal case (Bond's goal) is on the second balcony in the opposite building of the dance hall (named Bar El Nido), standing with Nomi (she's shooting back at the El Nido balcony with baddies).

Meanwhile, El Nido ground floor: Bond and Paloma kicking ass in the lobby/restaurant. Just before Bond runs up to the second floor, he throws Paloma a machine gun and she starts blasting baddies holding a handgun and the machine guns in her hands.

Bond comes up to the second floor, blasting baddies probably but also goes to the balcony area. He shoots (handgun) dead the baddie/s that was shooting at Nomi's direction. Bond turns back in and start fighting with that specific baddie we really can't tell if it's Primo or not. They fall down in the bar area. Bond picks up his machine gun.

- Something happends on Nomi's balcony, explosion maybe, that makes Valdo jump over to a small wodden unstable structure next to the balcony.

- Paloma is blasting away, coming out on the street and shooting the driver in that car we thought belonged to Paloma. The car starts rolling towards the structure with Valdo still standing on it.

- Bond jumps over the bar, goes out, turns and starts blasting at El Nido's entrance/lobby.

Next: The car hits the structure, it collapses and Valdo falls down on the car's bonnet. Bond is now just a few feet away outside El Nido entrance. Bond sees Valdo's fall and walks over to the car and Valdo on the ground.

FYI. So far no footage or stills available on what happends to Nomi and Paloma or Bond/Valdo after all this.
    Also, "the mysterious man pulls out a gun and shoots out a rope that allows him to escape". I'm excited to see Valdo's grappling gun. That's two gadget guns in one scene!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Photo from the London shoot with Craig getting out of the V8. Look at his knuckles.

EEiGCgY.jpg

He must get into a fist fight during the Cuba scenes.

Nice attention to detail, a hallmark of Cary’s work.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    QBranch wrote: »
    @Bentley007 and @QBranch

If I may:
    Guy fighting Bond and falling from second floor down to the bar is not Valdo. It's a random henchman or maybe Primo. If it's Primo he won't be killed since we know he appear in Safin's lair later in NTTD.

My take on the Havana-sequence going by all the stills, trailer footage and BTS-material.
    Valdo with his metal case (Bond's goal) is on the second balcony in the opposite building of the dance hall (named Bar El Nido), standing with Nomi (she's shooting back at the El Nido balcony with baddies).

Meanwhile, El Nido ground floor: Bond and Paloma kicking ass in the lobby/restaurant. Just before Bond runs up to the second floor, he throws Paloma a machine gun and she starts blasting baddies holding a handgun and the machine guns in her hands.

Bond comes up to the second floor, blasting baddies probably but also goes to the balcony area. He shoots (handgun) dead the baddie/s that was shooting at Nomi's direction. Bond turns back in and start fighting with that specific baddie we really can't tell if it's Primo or not. They fall down in the bar area. Bond picks up his machine gun.

- Something happends on Nomi's balcony, explosion maybe, that makes Valdo jump over to a small wodden unstable structure next to the balcony.

- Paloma is blasting away, coming out on the street and shooting the driver in that car we thought belonged to Paloma. The car starts rolling towards the structure with Valdo still standing on it.

- Bond jumps over the bar, goes out, turns and starts blasting at El Nido's entrance/lobby.

Next: The car hits the structure, it collapses and Valdo falls down on the car's bonnet. Bond is now just a few feet away outside El Nido entrance. Bond sees Valdo's fall and walks over to the car and Valdo on the ground.

FYI. So far no footage or stills available on what happends to Nomi and Paloma or Bond/Valdo after all this.
    Also, "the mysterious man pulls out a gun and shoots out a rope that allows him to escape". I'm excited to see Valdo's grappling gun. That's two gadget guns in one scene!

I forgot about that gadget thing. Wonder when it's coming to use. At least it not on that wooden structure
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited June 2021 Posts: 469
    @Bentley007 and @QBranch

If I may:

This is how I imagine it as well.

The fact that Bond has the Krink definitely means that either Primo or some of Safin's people are here at the ball with him.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Vado falls from the balcony, and this is where I bet the track 'What Have You Done' plays - likely we will see another scene of Bond and Nomi duking it out.

unknown.png

unknown.png

As of yet, we still have nothing of the trip from the ball to the boat, and how Felix comes to be on the boat before it explodes. This will likely be a pivotal moment in the movie, especially due to Felix's fate.

unknown.png

We also have this photo. Is this in the harbour perhaps, with the vessel nearby?

mT9lJpO.jpg

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    I also wonder about Paloma’s survival? I kind of expect her and Bond to go their separate ways before the boat sequence, but that also would seem kinda odd I think, so I think there may be a small chance she’ll be killed.
    We also have this photo. Is this in the harbour perhaps, with the vessel nearby?

mT9lJpO.jpg

Looks like a docks area - I remember a few of the promotional photos from the huge leak of photos also had a few. However, it could also just be a shot from behind some of the facades at Pinewood.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I also wonder about Paloma’s survival? I kind of expect her and Bond to go their separate ways before the boat sequence, but that also would seem kinda odd I think, so I think there may be a small chance she’ll be killed.

Paloma should survive. I think a while back one article mentioned that all the female characters survive NTTD.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

mT9lJpO.jpg

That is inside the Boundbrook wharf building! Look at the cross beam on the walls, and blue girders:

boundbrook.jpg?itok=MXfGdhLw
    edited June 2021 Posts: 3,018

mT9lJpO.jpg

Looks like a docks area - I remember a few of the promotional photos from the huge leak of photos also had a few. However, it could also just be a shot from behind some of the facades at Pinewood.

This is the exact location where they filmed the vessel at the dock and the fake Castro mural. It's called Boundbrook Wharf and famous/known for being a banana export place/shipping center back in the days.

https://marinas.com/view/marina/eyc573_Boundbrook_Wharf_Port_Antonio_Jamaica

https://jamaica-gleaner.com/sites/default/files/styles/jg_article_image/public/article_images/2014/06/14/boundbrook.jpg?itok=MXfGdhLw

It may also be at Pinewood that photo with Craig. Good call. Didn't think about that as an option.

QBranch wrote: »

mT9lJpO.jpg

That is inside the Boundbrook wharf building! Look at the cross beam on the walls, and blue girders:

boundbrook.jpg?itok=MXfGdhLw

Did not see that. Mystery solved.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

mT9lJpO.jpg

Sorry to go off topic a bit but Daniel still looks bad ass as Bond here
    Jordo007 wrote: »

mT9lJpO.jpg

Sorry to go off topic a bit but Daniel still looks bad ass as Bond here

Agreed.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,343
    He looks fantastic in every single frame that’s been released.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    He easily looks his best in this film. He ages very well.
    Controversial opinion, but: I'm not 100% sure that it's Felix on the boat. Unless someone had clearer images, the photos I've seen are blurry enough that I'm still unconvinced.
    octofinger wrote: »
    Controversial opinion, but: I'm not 100% sure that it's Felix on the boat. Unless someone had clearer images, the photos I've seen are blurry enough that I'm still unconvinced.

bB4gd9E.jpg

Again, I'm not sure I see it.
    That's definitely him.
    unknown.png

Not to mention as I have already stated previously this shot has been edited in further trailers, hinting that that person is likely to be very significant, and considering the only person who is bald, of a dark complexion, bearded and was wearing a light coloured blazer also present at Cuba at that time is Felix, it is very likely him.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 3,018
    I can see his face and beard even if it's kind of blurry
    I'm not going to say a full 100%, but that definitely looks like him.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I definitely think this going to play off as a “final chapter” of sorts for Craig Bond, and that whoever plays Bond next will have a relatively clean slate, back in the middle of his 00 career.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I definitely think this going to play off as a “final chapter” of sorts for Craig Bond, and that whoever plays Bond next will have a relatively clean slate, back in the middle of his 00 career.
    I’m hoping for this, Bond in his prime; there’s no need for an origin story, we know his name.

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I doubt they would do another origins story. The only reason CR was given a clean slate was so that Wilson could use his previous idea of a Bond Begins story. If that idea was never used, CR could have easily been written as just another adventure for Bond.
    A few more clearer screencaps of Felix aboard the exploding boat that may be of interest. Note the large wound on his abdomen!

On the left I've included a reference to what he was seen wearing at Cuba earlier in the sequence

felix_injured_comparison.png
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Wow. A huge Spoiler here.

Yeah, they screwed this one up. In later promotional material they actually crop this shot :D

Yeah, they screwed this one up. In later promotional material they actually crop this shot :D

But then again, it's still a secret for 99% of the movie goers worldwide.

But then again, it's still a secret for 99% of the movie goers worldwide.

True, true.
    I do wonder though, were there any articles or sites other than us who noticed it? Because noting that it was cut in further promotions meant that somewhere, someone must've pointed this out to the people behind the trailers so I'm wondering if the Felix news did actually get out there.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Cant wait for the Daily Express article on this, sourced from here no doubt.

DOES THIS BOND CHARACTER DIE?WORLD EXCLUSIVE