• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    And my traditional reaction, no, don’t see Bond. Lol
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    talos7 wrote: »
    And my traditional reaction, no, don’t see Bond. Lol
    I expected nothing less @talos7 haha :D
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    :)>-
    I just wished Jason Isaacs, James Purefoy and Dominic West were 20-25 years younger.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Another one of my traditional posts ;) Just found this new image. Give the guy a few more years and more projects, I think he'll be more than ready. He is starring in Fukunaga's Masters of Air.

Ez_dGXaXoAYKeoW.jpg

In that photo he looks a bit stuffy and posh, I can't see him as Bond personally. But hey everyone has their own opinion
    @Denbigh you always come up with interesting suggestions mate
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Another one of my traditional posts ;) Just found this new image. Give the guy a few more years and more projects, I think he'll be more than ready. He is starring in Fukunaga's Masters of Air.

Ez_dGXaXoAYKeoW.jpg
    Haha I try my best :)
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    I watched the first episode of Gangs of London last night - Gareth Evans definitely knows how to bring big action set-pieces to the screen. If you want some great hand-to-hand action in your James Bond, this is the guy to bring in (and yeah, if you've watched the Raid movies you already know this, but this one didn't have the advantage of having already trained martial artists performing the stunts).
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    He is high on my "If Eon did one-off side projects"-list.

As is, Bond films are so rare and in a way precious that I wouldn't want an off-formula one, if that makes sense. But if they somehow went to a much, much higher output - possibly by doing a series of streaming films that are seperate from the big ticket cinematic series - I would love to see a Gareth Evans, rated-R, hardcore Bond. It's in the same category as period piece Bond, Old Bond, a movie centred on Moneypenny and a Bond-without-Bond (MI6 staff having to deal with the fallout of a typical mission by 007) or something from the point of view of a Bond villain. Stuff I would love to see, but not if it meant we don't get a "normal Bond" for like 10-15 years, because they can only put out a film every 4-5 years anymore.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    James Norton was absolutely horrible in 'Things Heard & Seen'. The guy simply cannot act. Film's horrid too.
    James Norton was absolutely horrible in 'Things Heard & Seen'. The guy simply cannot act. Film's horrid too.

In McMafia he's like an Apprentice contender. I just can't see him as Bond.

A lot of the names on here aren't my choice, but I'd be more than willing to give them a go and be proven, but with James Norton I'd be devastated because it would just be a terrible choice given the other options that are available
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Ludovico wrote: »

In McMafia he's like an Apprentice contender. I just can't see him as Bond.

I thought he was quite good in McMafia myself, but it was also that role that solidified why he shouldn't be Bond - there's a distinct lack of edge to him in anything I've seen him in that makes him a decent fit for handsome, sheltered, naive prep school-type parts. Luckily, that was the point of his character in McMafia.

He was also fairly good in that Christine Keeler scandal series that aired on BBC a couple of years back for similar reasons.

But yeah, certainly not Bond based on what I've seen him in so far.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Yeah, James Norton is not a good candidate, imo. He was just okay in War & Peace, and I really can't remember him doing anything with his character in the Flatliners remake. He is very much a TV actor, and I can't see him as someone suitable to follow Daniel Craig. Definitely one of the weaker candidates as far as I'm concerned.
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Here’s a pair. Greatest should’ve been Bond: Fassbender

https://youtu.be/oDgTAv9H0Dw
    Had not seen The Counselor since it came out and WOW ! Natalie Dormer, prior to her Game of Thrones fame. At the time, of course, a bit player. But...what a BIT !
    She's quite something, that's for sure. She was very cool in those last couple of Hunger Games films as a warrior-type.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Natalie Dormer would be a perfect Bond girl :)
    edited April 2021 Posts: 1,318

Except for that 24/7 365 duckface look

natalie-dormer-semi-duck-face.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Maybe she's had "help" to look like that?
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Doesn't look like it imo

Doesn't look like it imo

No, I'm sure you're right. I don't know anything about her. It was just my first reaction to what you wrote. :)
  • peterpeter Toronto

Wow. Annoying.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2021 Posts: 5,834
    Well, I think she's beautiful and I don't really care about the "duckface" which is honestly just her natural face, which again is beautiful. And she's an even better actress so my fingers are crossed for the future.
    Well, I think she's beautiful and I don't really care about the "duckface" which is honestly just her natural face, which again is beautiful. And she's an even better actress so my fingers are crossed for the future.

To each their own *quack*
  • edited April 2021 Posts: 12,837

Ez_dGXaXoAYKeoW.jpg

In that photo he looks a bit stuffy and posh, I can't see him as Bond personally. But hey everyone has their own opinion

I agree he looks that way in the photo, but Turner’s actually one of the few suggestions I like because he’s got a bit of an edge to him. You should watch The Capture if you haven’t seen it. Brilliant show, and he did dangerous very well there.

I can see what you mean though. Bond of course has to be all suave and upper class, but I think there is a danger of casting actors who are too posh. You couldn’t have a Cumberbatch type do it, he needs to be a bit rough imo. He should carry himself like a former private schoolboy, but I don’t think he should really look or sound too much like one. That conversation with Vesper on the train summed up how I see the character nicely.

I guess Moore was an exception to this, coming across as the absolute epitome of an upper class gentleman, but he was one of a kind. I‘m not sure there’s anyone else with the sheer charisma to sell that sort of portrayal anymore.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2021 Posts: 5,834

Ez_dGXaXoAYKeoW.jpg

I agree he looks that way in the photo, but Turner’s actually one of the few suggestions I like because he’s got a bit of an edge to him. You should watch The Capture if you haven’t seen it. Brilliant show, and he did dangerous very well there.

I can see what you mean though. Bond of course has to be all suave and upper class, but I think there is a danger of casting actors who are too posh. You couldn’t have a Cumberbatch type do it, he needs to be a bit rough imo. He should carry himself like a former private schoolboy, but I don’t think he should really look or sound too much like one. That conversation with Vesper on the train summed up how I see the character nicely.
    The Capture is a brilliant show @thelivingroyale! And your comments kind of sum up Callum perfectly for me. I mean he certainly doesn't sound like a posh boy:

Agreed. She's stunning.

Agreed. She's stunning.

"I give you very best duck." ;)
    edited April 2021 Posts: 2,483
    Has anyone mentioned Shaun Evans?
    He's the fella who plays Endeavour in the series Endeavour. Although he's 41 now so his time has probably passed but he has a strong jawline, a great voice and a commanding presence.
    I've never thought of him till my Mrs suggested it watching the show last night, she does have a crush on him, so that's a factor for her haha
    He is likeable and quite charming on screen
    https://i0.wp.com/morseandlewisandendeavour.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/shaun-evans.jpg?fit=315,348&ssl=1
    Here's a pic of him in a tux, apologies I'm not sure how to share pictures properly on this (it's only been 2 years)

Agreed. She's stunning.

"I give you very best duck." ;)

Just need a few minutes to find out! ;)