Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    jake24 wrote: »
    Hahaha Pierce2Daniel. This is good name. Two great James Bond men. I’m am not agreeing with you in your writing. James Bond not follow trend. James Bond is trend. My go to movie for James Bond. For Marvel. For Stars War. Mr. Sean Connery begin funny line in early James Bond film. Then being copy by all other. Also film Dune not be so good I am thinking. I have seen early small promotions movie and look boring. Actor in Dune not being big star me think.

When you first started posting on here you didn't write like this. So why are you doing so now?
    Hi, @FatherValentine. We’re not sure why you decided to create the duplicate account known as @General_Graves, all the while adopting a completely different posting style. A PM has been sent your way.

200.gif
  • QsCatQsCat London
    Hahaha Pierce2Daniel. This is good name. Two great James Bond men. I’m am not agreeing with you in your writing. James Bond not follow trend. James Bond is trend. My go to movie for James Bond. For Marvel. For Stars War. Mr. Sean Connery begin funny line in early James Bond film. Then being copy by all other. Also film Dune not be so good I am thinking. I have seen early small promotions movie and look boring. Actor in Dune not being big star me think.

When you first started posting on here you didn't write like this. So why are you doing so now?
    Hi, @FatherValentine. We’re not sure why you decided to create the duplicate account known as @General_Graves, all the while adopting a completely different posting style. A PM has been sent your way.

200.gif

Haha confusing indeed. Well you've got to find ways to keep yourself busy these days.
    Will Fathervalentine stay on, will General Graves take over, or will a new, more sinister, persona emerge...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 28 Posts: 7,686

That is... bizarre. There are some troubled people out there.

Anyway, I was thinking that Craig is a bit of a milestone Bond in two ways: he was the first actor that Cubby never saw play 007, but also he'll be the last that all of the previous Bond actors saw in the role.
    A bit maudlin, maybe :)
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    edited February 28 Posts: 651

Haha. Top post Gustav.
    edited February 28 Posts: 651
    QsCat wrote: »

200.gif

Haha confusing indeed. Well you've got to find ways to keep yourself busy these days.
    Will Fathervalentine stay on, will General Graves take over, or will a new, more sinister, persona emerge...

It all remains to be seen...

Is Safin really Dr No, Gustav Graves, or Father Valentine...?

More seriously, is Rian Johnson really a Bond fan? I don't think I would mind him directing one, if so. I think he could bring a nice tone to a production. Knives Out had a good old fashioned night at the pictures feel about it that I think suits Bond.
    Someone just posted on Twitter a story about Craig's screen test, that states that Craig apparently did half a day's filming and then left, telling producers that if they didn't want him based on what he had already shot then he wasn't interested in the job.

Anyone heard this before?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Keep on changing that subject...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited March 1 Posts: 10,482
    Sincere apologies to @FatherValentine, there was bit of a technical mix up with the mod team. He is not the megalomaniac villain using a giant space weapon to destroy the DMZ we thought he was. Let’s put this rather embarrassing mix-up behind us, shall we?
  • BennyBenny ...OctobennyAdministrator, Moderator
    Sadly as @jake24 has mentioned. Sometimes there are glitches with IP's matching that is out of control of the mod team.
    We would like to point out that @FatherValentine IS NOT @General_Graves and again apologies for any anguish or hurt this may have caused @FatherValentine
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    Sincere apologies to @FatherValentine, there was bit of a technical mix up with the mod team. He is not the megalomaniac villain using a giant space weapon to destroy the DMZ we thought he was. Let’s put this rather embarrassing mix-up behind us, shall we?

Thank goodness for that. Glad to see him get his security clearance back. :)
    Benny wrote: »
    Sadly as @jake24 has mentioned. Sometimes there are glitches with IP's matching that is out of control of the mod team.
    We would like to point out that @FatherValentine IS NOT @General_Graves and again apologies for any anguish or hurt this may have caused @FatherValentine

I am very happy to be able to come back in from the cold. And I am looking forward to reporting for duty first thing in the morning.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Well thank God for that, @FatherValentine!
    tenor.gif?itemid=18639065
  • Well that conversation certainly took a brief turn for the perculiar. 😆
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Good to hear.
    Well thank God for that, @FatherValentine!
    tenor.gif?itemid=18639065

Thanks.

During my attempts to bring down Gustav Graves I was briefly suspected of being a double agent. But all seems to be cleared up now.
    Anyway, Craig aborting his screen-test at lunchtime...anyone heard this story?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yep, heard it before, no idea if it's true.

He did apparently do it after flying back from the US during 'The Invasion' shooting and was apparently exhausted at the time, so maybe it comes from that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 1 Posts: 7,686
    Oh I remember where I heard it; it was recently because I only heard it for the first time a couple of weeks ago: it was Craig himself saying it on a podcast interview he did for Spectre. So yes, it's true (or true that Craig said it, anyway). Really good interview.
    Ok thanks. Will try to find it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I remembered which it was, it's in here somewhere:

I found it quite interesting how involved he is with choosing what Bond wears, as well as the other things. It's a good listen.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    mtm wrote: »
    I remembered which it was, it's in here somewhere:

I found it quite interesting how involved he is with choosing what Bond wears, as well as the other things. It's a good listen.

I just listened to this driving home from work, that might be my favourite Daniel Craig interview. He seems so calm and relaxed, he sounds like he really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing @mtm mate
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited March 2 Posts: 7,686
    No problem, it is very good isn't it? And they're fans so they ask a few of the questions we'd ask. He does mention the audition thing, doesn't he?

I tried a few of the guy's other recent podcasts on the strength of it but all he seems to do is ask them about parenting, it's really weird (!).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is it allowed to ask what General_Graves got banned for?
  • QsCatQsCat London

I do like the touch of 'License Revoked' on his profile.

Even Graves himself must recognise that as a nice touch.
    edited March 3 Posts: 14,641

Being a troll. I suspect we've seen him in many different guises here before. The giveaway was the pidgin English posts, the nut allergy detail and the constant "among friends here" catchphrase. It's like he wanted to be banned.
    QsCat wrote: »

I do like the touch of 'License Revoked' on his profile.

Even Graves himself must recognise that as a nice touch.

That's standard practice for every member that gets banned here now.
    There's a topic to this thread, is there not ? Of course, it still would beg the question: WHAT is the topic ?
    edited March 4 Posts: 14,641
    Since62 wrote: »
    There's a topic to this thread, is there not ? Of course, it still would beg the question: WHAT is the topic ?

I suppose you could say that it has its origins in the speculations that have existed since the very beginning of time, on some (at least) superficial level. More specifically, the issue of succession being the main theme, from firstly kings and popes in the age of patronage to premiers in the age of politics to, in this modern celebrity-obsessed age that we currently inhabit, James Bond actors and styles.

It is at a deeper psychological level no doubt bound up with our inherent human desire to know what comes next in a pattern, what succeeds that which went before and in which ways it will be different to behold from the preceding era. Whether it be kings, popes, premiers or our current throwaway celebrity culture it all boils down to the same curiosity about succession and the future. Our projected hopes and fears, our wishes and desires about the future being thus broadcast in classic message board form. We try to divine all of this with (hopefully) evidence-based reasoned thought and debate and without the aid of dowsing rods, psychic mediumship or crystal balls.

This specific discussion focuses on who will play said Mr Bond after the incumbent, Daniel Craig, steps down from the role, whenever that may be. It also focuses on the direction the producers, writers and directors of the future will take the Bond series after the Craig era Bond reboot project has concluded.
  • Taylor Sheridan would be a great addition to the creative team. That guy is so good with torytelling. There'd be a really strong backbone in place.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    edited March 4 Posts: 496
    Too American. And fully unavailable. But also just too American.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the man's work, but he is very much about a certain place and that is the center of North America.
  • I like a lot of his work but yeah it’s all very, very specific in terms theme, character, and location. Sicario did make me think Villeneuve would be a good get for a Bond movie though (maybe his stuff is a bit too dour though), and made me desperately wish they would use Benicio Del Toro as a villain again. He’d be so good as a Scaramanga type hitman out for Bond’s head.