Why ??!!...The whinging,moaning,complaining,ranting,letting off steam thread !!

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The damn robots are taking our jobs and our women!
    Robot_2001-6.JPG
    Christmas TV movies. Or rather, the fact that they always start in november (if not october), and here, there's one channel which still airs them ! Not to mention that channels here are mostly parts of the same groups, so we're getting repeats as well. I swear it's like "Along Came Jones" in this period.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Gerard wrote: »
    Christmas TV movies. Or rather, the fact that they always start in november (if not october), and here, there's one channel which still airs them ! Not to mention that channels here are mostly parts of the same groups, so we're getting repeats as well. I swear it's like "Along Came Jones" in this period.

How about all those wrapping up of the year lists that come in early December?
  • Is he in Mar-a-Lago yet? Please, please, please -- can he just shut up & stay there?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It’s too much to hope for, he’ll haunt things for a while yet. And he is a fascinating character, I can’t deny I’ll be reading things regarding him with a morbid fascination.
  • I'm looking forward to his retirement trip to Moscow. Anybody know of any nice golf courses in that neck of the woods?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'm looking forward to his retirement trip to Moscow. Anybody know of any nice golf courses in that neck of the woods?

I'm sure there are some "....in the diplomatic bag."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I hear he plays a fair game of golf, .... well he does if you keep your eye on him ;)
  • He does as long as you don't let him keep score... L-) (All he needs is 7 million votes. Can't somebody find him 7 million votes?)
    Basically all he has devoted the last four years to is playing golf. So he should at least be beyond beginner level... not least for the sake of the tax payers who financed his training...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Well, Biden more or less pulled the plug on some of Trump's proudest achievements and restored things that Trump had taken away in a matter of a mere few hours. It's almost as if Trump's legacy will be quickly erased from memory. People from the future will wonder, "say, what happened between 2016 and 2021 in the White House?" and the answer will be, "Nothing, Timmy, nothing worth remembering anyway."
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think leaving office with the lowest approval rating ever is something fairly impressive.
    mtm wrote: »
    I think leaving office with the lowest approval rating ever is something fairly impressive.

True. :)

You know, I was watching THE OMEN the other day. In it, Damien is famously placed in the care of a family with political power, so that one day, he can become the son of the president of the USA or, better still, the president himself. That's the true horror of the film, isn't it? The spawn of the horned dude downstairs, in office. And that's when I realised something... ;-)

All joking aside, what's to become of the wall? Do we know? Because all I'm saying is that the Hoff needs publicity.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Don't forget the Omen 3 where he manages to get there, whilst looking like Sam Neill.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »

True. :)

You know, I was watching THE OMEN the other day. In it, Damien is famously placed in the care of a family with political power, so that one day, he can become the son of the president of the USA or, better still, the president himself. That's the true horror of the film, isn't it? The spawn of the horned dude downstairs, in office. And that's when I realised something... ;-)

All joking aside, what's to become of the wall? Do we know? Because all I'm saying is that the Hoff needs publicity.

I just read he pulled all funding for the wall as one of his executive actions on Inauguration Day
    What funding ? I thought Mexico was supposed to pay for it.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 7,500
    The absolutely absurd thing is that Trump has pardoned Steve Bannon, the man that has been prosecuted for putting the money from private donations for the wall into his own pocket. In any sensible reality, Trump supporters who got their donations stolen should be enraged by this! But there is no logic in the world any more... 8-}
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2021 Posts: 13,894
    Didn't they build a section of the wall, a few feet long, which then fell down in a breeze?

EDIT

Ok, so it looked like a long section, not just a few feet. Still hilarious though. I was reading something earlier about his cheating at golf. Gave me a good laugh, it did. He's an abysmal president, and a worse golfer.
    Gerard wrote: »
    What funding ? I thought Mexico was supposed to pay for it.

lol...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    jobo wrote: »
    The absolutely absurd thing is that Trump has pardoned Steve Bannon, the man that has been prosecuted for putting the money from private donations for the wall into his own pocket. In any sensible reality, Trump supporters who got their donations stolen should be enranged by this! But there is no logic in the world any more... 8-}

I love knowing that his supporters thought he was going to save them, only to pardon the guy at the last second who was responsible for stealing their donations.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I love knowing that his supporters thought he was going to save them, only to pardon the guy at the last second who was responsible for stealing their donations.

You've got to love the irony!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The absolutely absurd thing is that Trump has pardoned Steve Bannon, the man that has been prosecuted for putting the money from private donations for the wall into his own pocket. In any sensible reality, Trump supporters who got their donations stolen should be enranged by this! But there is no logic in the world any more... 8-}

There literally is nothing he can do that will make them not think he's on their side though, it's quite amazing. I think even he was pretty amazed that he could literally do anything and people would still think he was great. He even told those people who he got to invade the Capitol that he'd "walk down with them", which was a bare-faced lie that they couldn't remember just a couple of hours later.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    The absolutely absurd thing is that Trump has pardoned Steve Bannon, the man that has been prosecuted for putting the money from private donations for the wall into his own pocket. In any sensible reality, Trump supporters who got their donations stolen should be enraged by this! But there is no logic in the world any more... 8-}

If I don't find anything absurd regarding the Orange Moron's pardons, it's that of Steve Bannon, his trusted crypto-Fascist co-conspirator. Whatever that scum may have done to half-wit donors. But then those probably deserved it.

Thank goodness that nightmare - for the entire world! - is over...for the time being.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

If I don't find anything absurd regarding the Orange Moron's pardons, it's that of Steve Bannon, his trusted crypto-Fascist co-conspirator. Whatever that scum may have done to half-wit donors. But then those probably deserved it.

Thank goodness that nightmare - for the entire world! - is over...for the time being.

Indeed, I am not in the slightest surprised Trump pardoned him, as he probably has to. What is absurd however is that his supporters either don't notice or don't care. The mindless and total submission to their cult leader is simply embarrassing, yet they are themselves convinced that the rest of the world are the ones that are being blind...
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Indeed, I am not in the slightest surprised Trump pardoned him, as he probably has to. What is absurd however is that his supporters either don't notice or don't care. The mindless and total submission to their cult leader is simply embarrassing, yet they are themselves convinced that the rest of the world are the ones that are being blind...

But we are!

"The Democrats are paedophiles in league with Satan. I mean, it says so on the Internet so it must be true, right? Oh, and Jesus would've voted for Trump because that's what the other guy had written on his placard during the insurrection two weeks ago."

*sigh*

Education has failed...
    At least some of them are starting to realize, way too late, how heavily they've been duped - there's no Q, no vast conspiracy by the Democrats, and no Trump-Rambo hybrid is coming with an assault rifle to save them.
    edited January 2021 Posts: 23,544
    At least some of them are starting to realize, way too late, how heavily they've been duped - there's no Q, no vast conspiracy by the Democrats, and no Trump-Rambo hybrid is coming with an assault rifle to save them.

You have just projected an awful imagine onto my mind, @Creasy47. ;-)
    edited January 2021 Posts: 40,467

You have just projected an awful imagine onto my mind, @Creasy47. ;-)

I really wish I was making it up. Some of them seriously see this obese draft-dodger as some American military hero. It's stunning.
    I wonder how history books will open their chapter on Trump, 100 years from now.

"What were they thinking?"
    "When America decided to move backwards,..."
    "2021: a new beginning for sanity, reason and progress."
    "If you think COVID-19 was bad, ..."
    edited January 2021 Posts: 7,526
    I wonder how history books will open their chapter on Trump, 100 years from now.

"What were they thinking?"
    "When America decided to move backwards,..."
    "2021: a new beginning for sanity, reason and progress."
    "If you think COVID-19 was bad, ..."

"The Resurfacing of Racial Tension in the US"

It always existed under the surface but it's come back into the light in 2016-2020. The Insurrection of the Capitol will be remembered in the same way as The Civil War and the War of 1812. Not necessarily to the same degree, but along the same path.