No Time to Die production thread

Comments

The jab roll out means we are stuck with this for at least a year, as everyone vaccinated needs 2 jabs, and in the UK there is a 12 weeks wait between the first and second jab.

The UK will vaccinate everyone by September the latest. Which means life in the UK will be completely back to normal not a year from now, not by the end of the year, but by this September. And life will be mostly back to normal in the UK much sooner than that, because once the most vulnerable 25% will have been vaccinated, covid deaths will be down by 90% or more.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 187
    I work in a restaurant and haven't been back, or even asked back for that matter, since March and have been furloughed since living off whatever unemployment gets extended here in the U.S.

My employment is actually open but all they do is take out and its family run so they are the ones running it unfortunately.
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    The jab roll out means we are stuck with this for at least a year, as everyone vaccinated needs 2 jabs, and in the UK there is a 12 weeks wait between the first and second jab.

The UK will vaccinate everyone by September the latest. Which means life in the UK will be completely back to normal not a year from now, not by the end of the year, but by this September. And life will be mostly back to normal in the UK much sooner than that, because once the most vulnerable 25% will have been vaccinated, covid deaths will be down by 90% or more.

Thats very optimistic. Are they mandatory? Because the US is not and has a very high volume of vaccine refusers, the same anti-mask crowd.
    1000 pages. Damn. I remember when we hit 1000 pages on the spectre production page.

You keep repeating this blindly optimistic theory which almost no one else here agrees with. Even if all the vaccines have been rolled out by September (a big IF), then life won't automatically switch straight back to normal, 100% - no more social distancing, all face masks gone, all bars and restaurants fully back open, all cinemas fully back open, as though the whole thing was a bad dream and never happened. I know you would like that to happen (we all would), but you have to face reality too and stop living in a dream world.

mtm wrote: »
    My wife just had her first one a couple of days ago as she's a dentist.

That's good news, must be a relief to know it's started for her.

Cheers mate. B-)

You either aren’t reading, aren’t listening, or don’t understand the situation.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    1000 pages. Damn. I remember when we hit 1000 pages on the spectre production page.

But that one wasn t blessed by hundreds of posts about the corona virus. I don t know how many threads this virus needs. I am sure we can expand into some more.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    It's spreading like ......... well a virus ! ;) it will be odd, in years to come whenever
    we speak of NTTD , Covid will also get a mention. It will be our generations version
    of " The War " .. " I remember during the covid of 2019 we ........... "
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Matt007 wrote: »

Also he is forgetting who we have in charge who one of the two things, too incompetent to handle the situation or they really don't care and are counting on more people dying.

With the Tories it could be one or the other or both, either way you look at, @MrBeach is living in cloud cuckoo land.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2021 Posts: 7,526

Even if this is true, NTTD isn't going to be released in a market where only the UK is stable. What you're outlining here will absolutely not be the case in the US, and I don't think MGM thinks it would make much financial sense to release a film without the US market.

I'm also glad your scenario has all UK cinemas coming out of the pandemic unscathed! Can you outline how this has happened? Maybe we can implement the same patented Mr-Beach-theatre-industry-saving scheme here in North America!

We want answers, Arlington! ;)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited January 2021 Posts: 7,526
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Amazing! Thanks for the link.

Maybe we can all pitch in and make it an MI6 Community Clubhouse? Ultimate Bond Timeshare? ;)
    Shardlake wrote: »

Also he is forgetting who we have in charge who one of the two things, too incompetent to handle the situation or they really don't care and are counting on more people dying.

With the Tories it could be one or the other or both, either way you look at, @MrBeach is living in cloud cuckoo land.

I think it’s incompetence. Quite how people with such little experience of the ministries they lead rise to such positions of power is frankly scary. Alternatively it’s possible that all the cabinet have pictures of Boris touching his dog.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Red_Snow wrote: »

It's very nice but I'm not quite seeing where they're saying the Bond influence comes in! :)
  • km16 wrote: »
    I work in a restaurant and haven't been back, or even asked back for that matter, since March and have been furloughed since living off whatever unemployment gets extended here in the U.S.

My employment is actually open but all they do is take out and its family run so they are the ones running it unfortunately.

Thats very optimistic. Are they mandatory? Because the US is not and has a very high volume of vaccine refusers, the same anti-mask crowd.

I can well imagine as this is the country that voted Donald Trump as its President!
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 121

You keep repeating this blindly optimistic theory which almost no one else here agrees with. Even if all the vaccines have been rolled out by September (a big IF), then life won't automatically switch straight back to normal, 100% - no more social distancing, all face masks gone, all bars and restaurants fully back open, all cinemas fully back open, as though the whole thing was a bad dream and never happened. I know you would like that to happen (we all would), but you have to face reality too and stop living in a dream world.

By September herd immunity in the UK will have been achieved. Social distancing, face mask wearing, cinema closures, resaurant closures will all end long before that. Once half of the population will have been vaccinated (looong before September), covid deaths will be down to incredibly low numbers. And the latest news is that Fauci is now saying that herd immunity can be achieved by fall in the US too.

Seriously, why do you keep insisting that life won't be back to normal once herd immunity has been achieved? Literally not a single scientist agrees with what you are saying.
    The UK and the US are now both saying herd immunity will be achieved by fall. The most vulnerable 25% account for over 90% of covid deaths. The most vulnerable will have been vaccinated looong before September. Which means that covid deaths will be permanently down to tiny numbers loong before September. Which means cinemas will reopen,restaurants will reopen, people will need to wears masks less and less and life will be back to normal before September. It's not rocket science.

Israel is leading the way. Life in Israel will be completely back to normal before the end of spring.

I'm not British, but if I were, I would be proud of the British vaccine roll out. 7% of the UK population already received a first dose. That's well above any other European country right now.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    We’re getting off topic here folks.
    Let’s get it back on track please. Thanks
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I guess we know longer have to worry about Ben Affleck showing up at the premiere--if there even is one.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 3,279

By September herd immunity in the UK will have been achieved. Social distancing, face mask wearing, cinema closures, resaurant closures will all end long before that. Once half of the population will have been vaccinated (looong before September), covid deaths will be down to incredibly low numbers. And the latest news is that Fauci is now saying that herd immunity can be achieved by fall in the US too.

Seriously, why do you keep insisting that life won't be back to normal once herd immunity has been achieved? Literally not a single scientist agrees with what you are saying.
    The UK and the US are now both saying herd immunity will be achieved by fall. The most vulnerable 25% account for over 90% of covid deaths. The most vulnerable will have been vaccinated looong before September. Which means that covid deaths will be permanently down to tiny numbers loong before September. Which means cinemas will reopen,restaurants will reopen, people will need to wears masks less and less and life will be back to normal before September. It's not rocket science.

Israel is leading the way. Life in Israel will be completely back to normal before the end of spring.

I'm not British, but if I were, I would be proud of the British vaccine roll out. 7% of the UK population already received a first dose. That's well above any other European country right now.

I'm now starting to wonder whether you are a troll and a WUM, or just slightly insane. I really hope you haven't been banned on the forum by September, so we can revisit this conversation again then.

Anyway, back on topic...
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    From THR: “The only question left is whether MGM will relocate the 007 tentpole to October, December or November. The studio declined to comment. “I think everything substantive between now and Top Gun: Maverick in early July will move. It’s a mess,” predicts one veteran studio executive.“

https://www.google.it/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/release-date-deja-vu-studio-tentpoles-are-on-the-move-again
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It's probably because they are holding out for 2022 and the anniversary.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    TripAces wrote: »
    I guess we know longer have to worry about Ben Affleck showing up at the premiere--if there even is one.

Ana De Armas is gone baby.....gone.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

I don’t think they’re holding out to make it an anniversary film. It’s not like EON wanted this to happen.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if Top Gun 2 will take the Thanksgiving M:I7 spot, with the Fallout sequel being moved to a safer 2022.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Box Office In 2021: More Delays, More Sales To Streaming And More PVOD
    https://forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2021/01/19/box-office-in-2021-more-delays-streaming-sales-pvod/?sh=3ee475be61e4

The presumption is that President-elect Joe Biden will ramp up nationwide efforts to administer the various Coronavirus vaccines while developing medical treatments for those afflicted. We’ll see how quickly vaccination efforts can reach the 85% required for “herd immunity,” but it probably won’t be fast enough to prevent another date change for MGM’s No Time to Die. The James Bond flick, still set for April 2, 2021, is almost sure to jump ship for later this year.

This is why Daniel Craig’s fifth and presumably final 007 flick has become a kind of “canary in the coal mine. The film is being distributed domestically by MGM, a company that A) has no streaming or PVOD backup plan and B) has no other top-tier franchises. But at least some of the upcoming biggies aren’t relying on theatrical revenue, especially domestic theatrical revenue, alone. In a skewed irony, the very “not just theaters” plans that so angered distributors for much of last year may be the thing that keeps at least some of the must-see tentpoles on track for their current theatrical releases.

[...] Universal is distributing No Time to Die overseas. It’s an MGM movie, so it won’t be a test case for Comcast’s “theaters to PVOD in 17-31 days” plan.

[...] I’d expect the movies set for March, April and May, especially those from studios without a “backup plan,” to get delayed or (where appropriate) sold off to a streaming platform. Warner Bros., Universal and Disney ironically may keep theaters somewhat in business by their controversial “yes, and...” strategies. We can expect another very complicated year in terms of the theatrical box office, with more delays, more streaming sales and more “from theaters to PVOD” offerings as the world tries to get back to normal. We’ll know that life has returned to theaters when No Time to Die opens and/or if Warner Bros. lets The Matrix 4 go out as “theaters only.”
  • QsCatQsCat London
    Can we just come back to this thread when we have some actual news, rather than discussing Covid and guessing when the film will be out. We could be posting endlessly at this rate.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited January 2021 Posts: 469
    QsCat wrote: »
    Can we just come back to this thread when we have some actual news, rather than discussing Covid and guessing when the film will be out. We could be posting endlessly at this rate.

Until new leaks/content comes out we probs will be tuck in this cycle tbh, happened a few times already and its always kinda annoying
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Benny wrote: »

I don’t think they’re holding out to make it an anniversary film. It’s not like EON wanted this to happen.

Yes I think they might not need to lean on it too heavily. It's only two films ago that they were celebrating the 50th; you can't go on about anniversaries all the time. I don't find anniversaries all that interesting to be honest.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    They've done well with the general audience and anniversaries especially 2002 and 2012.

I'll take the film as soon as I can get it in theaters, still I can see where the option for 2022 is considered. Tempus fugit.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    They've done well with the general audience and anniversaries especially 2002 and 2012.

Bond films always do, the one after DAD did even better and it didn't need an anniversary. The 50th was the big one to celebrate, 60th is.. fine. They'll use it of course, any bit of publicity is good, but I don't find it interesting myself. At least the film won't have any anniversary nods.