R.I.P. A Final Farewell To Members Of The James Bond Family

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Very saddened to hear about Roberts. AVTAK was one of the first Bond films I saw outside of the Brosnan era as a kid, and she was always very striking in it. I also remember her as Midge on That 70s Show which I use to watch quite frequently. I remember an episode where her character gets married that features cameos of former Bond girls Maud Adams, Kristina Wayborn, and Barbara Carrera as her bridesmaids.

She indeed seemed quite lovely and remained very beautiful until her death. RIP
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
  • edited January 4 Posts: 15,290
    Oh dear I have always had a soft spot for Tanya from AVTAK, Beastmaster, Sheena and watching reruns of her Charlies Angel's episodes (Season 5) 65 is not even old very sad news. R.I.P. Tanya, gorgeous lady.
    Tanya-Roberts-One-of-TVs-Charlies-Angels-dies.jpg
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Honestly couldn't believe it when I first read the news. She was still relatively young and had so much left to do. I never watched her live FB shows (kinda regret that now) but I just saw the most recent one from *2 weeks ago* and she was talking about her future plans and maybe getting back into TV, which only makes her sudden passing all the more tragic. From what I could tell she seemed to have always genuinely appreciated her fans though. She was also proud of her career, including AVTAK, and having known Sir Roger Moore who she said some kind words about after his passing.

For some reason her character in AVTAK is widely criticized amongst the community but I've always had a somewhat nostalgic soft spot for Stacey and the film. I think she did a solid job and I don't believe that I'll ever stop being vocal about that either.

RIP Tanya Roberts.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Far too young and very shocking. Admittedly I've never cared for AVTAK but she always seemed like a lovely person in real life. Rest in peace!
  • RIP Tanya. Will give AVTAK a watch in her memory!
    Sad to hear about Tanya Roberts.Outside of Bond, i have only seen her in Beastmaster.65 is far too young to pass away like that.RIP.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    This one really took me aback.
    65. That is no age at all.
    Tanya is a credit to Bond, she genuinely cherished being part of the family and really appreciated her fan’s support over the years.

RIP Tanya! I’m sure Roger will be waiting to greet you with a quiche Lorraine!
  • mattjoesmattjoes Eve Stavro Blofeld
    RIP Tanya Roberts. She played a solid Bond girl in A View to a Kill. A shame to read she was only 65.
    I'm so shocked to hear about Tanya Roberts, especially given her extremely young age. She was my first "Bond girl crush," as AVTAK was the first Bond film I saw, back when I was seven. When I used to act out my own 007 adventures in my back yard, "Stacy Sutton" was always my imaginary female companion. I know AVTAK is heavily criticized in Bond circles, but I have a soft spot for the movie and I will always argue that Roberts was terrific in the part - plucky, smart, sexy but down to earth. She gave that character a heart that wasn't necessarily there on the page, and she still remains the most "normal" of all Bond women, the only one in the whole series (in my opinion) who seems like you could actually meet and date in real life. And Ms. Roberts herself always seemed to be a lovely person who was proud of her contribution to the series. R.I.P.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So apparently Tanya may still be alive:

https://t.co/4A3dF95ADc
    jake24 wrote: »

Wow. Interesting.
  • jake24 wrote: »

The plot now thickens...
    I knew her from "Charlie's Angels" even before I saw her in "A View to a Kill". R.I.P. Ms. Roberts.

Damn! A lot of high profile Bond veterans have passed away in the past year.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well that's bizarre yet incredibly uplifting news...if true, that is.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython "I want you looking FABULOUS."
    That’s a pretty big screw up on her rep’s part.
  • DragonpolDragonpol The Crazy World of David Dragonpol
    edited January 4 Posts: 14,644
    I hope Tanya makes a full recovery. Such a bizarre twist in the story. I suppose that mixups like that can happen on occasion.

According to Variety Tanya Roberts is still in the ICU unit and is still in a "dire" condition:

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/tanya-roberts-not-dead-1234878434/
  • edited January 4 Posts: 331
    Saw this on Twitter, which is how I first found out about both her "passing" and the subsequent retraction. Needless to say, a lot of emotional whiplash.

jj5V5yY.gif
    IShevVR.gif

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    If true, I hope Tanya makes a full recovery. Such a bizarre twist in the story. I suppose that mixups like that can happen on occasion.

I'd think she'd release an official statement? Or maybe she's taking Mallory's words to heart: why not stay dead?

• Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    So she lives to die another day...

I guess you only live twice?

I'll stop now. What an utterly bizarre story. Hope she makes a full recovery... and fires whoever got it so wrong!
    edited January 4 Posts: 5,068
    This would be a enormous mishap if true.

Her passing was the most read article on the BBC News app at one point today. And has been reported by the official 007 outlets.

Of course, I sincerely hope she is still with us!
    TripAces wrote: »
    If true, I hope Tanya makes a full recovery. Such a bizarre twist in the story. I suppose that mixups like that can happen on occasion.

I'd think she'd release an official statement? Or maybe she's taking Mallory's words to heart: why not stay dead?

If she's still on a ventilator in the ICU unit I'd imagine she's not in any condition to do that at the minute.
    Roberts did collapse on December 24 and she is still hospitalized. But her boyfriend - for whatever reason - told her agent/rep that she had passed away. If she recovers, I would dump that boyfriend if I were her.
    DRush76 wrote: »
    Roberts did collapse on December 24 and she is still hospitalized. But her boyfriend - for whatever reason - told her agent/rep that she had passed away. If she recovers, I would dump that boyfriend if I were her.

And went out of the way to put out a press release. Very odd.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Strange news indeed. While it does not sound good in any event, here is hoping she is able to recover.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited January 4 Posts: 3,828
    Wow! This is ignominious. I really hope the latest news is true and she gets well soon.
    Update from TMZ:

"Tanya's rep, Mike Pingel, tells TMZ ... her domestic partner, Lance, was at the hospital Sunday when he saw Tanya's eyes close. For some reason he says he though she was dead so he left devastated. Pingel does not know if Lance spoke to any medical staff before leaving and Lance isn't answering his phone now for clarification."
    Here's Tanya's boyfriend apparently getting the news that she's still alive in an on-air interview:

It's so bizarre.
    Here's Tanya's boyfriend apparently getting the news that she's still alive in an on-air interview:

It's so bizarre.

There’s some very dodgy about this, that’s for certain.

It's so bizarre.

There’s some very dodgy about this, that’s for certain.

Yes, something doesn't quite ring true about it all.