No Time to Die production thread

Comments

TripAces wrote: »
    New video with Lashana

Oh, they needed to do this with every member of the cast!

Only if it were a real testing machine.

As soon as it said that she was lying, that she didn't know who is going to be the next James Bond, it was clear, that it was rubbish and not real.

Becaue no way she knows it. Not even Broccoli and Wilson know it.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    New video with Lashana

As soon as it said that she was lying, that she didn't know who is going to be the next James Bond, it was clear, that it was rubbish and not real.

To be fair, real ‘lie detectors’ can’t actually detect if you’re lying, they measure levels of stress and differences & peaks in stress and anxiety levels. So while the next Bond hasn’t been picked, Lashana might know who held meetings with BB and MGW, or she might be stressed just because of the type of question. The problem of these machines lie in how you interpret the waves going up and down.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    New video with Lashana

They've so far done something special for Q and Nomi, and I'd ideally like to see a bit more with some other MI6 main characters as well
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    New video with Lashana

It was all just a bit of fun.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Goldeneye The real Observatory radio telescope, already damaged, collapsed completely today

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    New video with Lashana

Ha! That's a lot of fun; beautifully-shot too.

What an outfit as well- she looks amazing.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Contraband wrote: »
    Goldeneye The real Observatory radio telescope, already damaged, collapsed completely today

What a shame. Such a unique structure.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »

What a shame. Such a unique structure.

Saw this, too. Posted in Goldeneye 25th anniv thread.
  • New video with Lashana

She's adorable. So warm too. Hope this comes across in the film.

"the movie’s financial backers are wary of being the first blockbuster out of the gate because its core audience skews older, a demographic that’s been more reluctant to go to the movies during the pandemic."
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited December 2020 Posts: 1,755
    antovolk wrote: »

"the movie’s financial backers are wary of being the first blockbuster out of the gate because its core audience skews older, a demographic that’s been more reluctant to go to the movies during the pandemic."

They. Need. To. Stream.

I strongly think any kind of theatrical release is going to blow up in their face, even if the pandemic miraculously ends in 2021.

And this is coming from someone who is totally against Bond going the streaming route. Then again, at this point I JUST WANT TO SEE THE DAMN MOVIE.

If it meant watching it on my phone, I'd be more than content. I'm tired of waiting, and waiting some more, and getting excited every time they start marketing, only for it to be delayed again.

I just want to see the movie.
    I don't want it streamed but if they did I'd hope that they would do a special limited theatrical screening on the side. My preference is for them to continue to hold off the release until the audience has returned and in the meantime move on to the production of #26. Just move forward!
  • It's just about a year ago since the first trailer, if a new trailer is released next year it will hae had new trailers in 3 calendar years!

They. Need. To. Stream.

I strongly think any kind of theatrical release is going to blow up in their face, even if the pandemic miraculously ends in 2021.

And this is coming from someone who is totally against Bond going the streaming route. Then again, at this point I JUST WANT TO SEE THE DAMN MOVIE.

If it meant watching it on my phone, I'd be more than content. I'm tired of waiting, and waiting some more, and getting excited every time they start marketing, only for it to be delayed again.

They've held back this long, Eon and MGM won't blow a theatrical release now, especially as the first vaccines are landing within days. So that's 4 months of things gradually improving before April 2nd.

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited December 2020 Posts: 7,969

They. Need. To. Stream.

"Just be more patient bruh."
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited December 2020 Posts: 14,861
    ColonelSun wrote: »

They. Need. To. Stream.

They've held back this long, Eon and MGM won't blow a theatrical release now, especially as the first vaccines are landing within days. So that's 4 months of things gradually improving before April 2nd.

Yeah, early April still feels like a pretty optimistic date right at the cusp of opening things up again, but it might just work. I think they might stick to it.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 847

They. Need. To. Stream.

Amen

If you/they think that vaccination campaigns will have visible effects in just 4 months: then you/they are in total denial...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

They. Need. To. Stream.

Amen

If you/they think that vaccination campaigns will have visible effects in justs 4 month: then you/they are in total denial...

You may not have seen the news as I see you're in France, but the UK has approved the first vaccine for use here- it starts getting rolled out next week.
    Yes, that doesn't mean that much will change before the springtime, but that does seem to be when they're expecting things to be improving.
    Yes, and it's a great new. But Covid will not dissapear the day the vaccine will land : produce/expediate/stock (-70° C) and vaccine a significant/sufficient % of the population of the world will take "forever" ; convince a sufficient % of the population to get vaccinnated too. Not "priority person" (majority of the population) will at least have to wait april to have acess to the vaccine since the first doses will be reserved to vulnerables people & hospital staff (that's what we heard in the news in France), so I don't see how can the situation would be significant different in 2nd April... We probably have to wait 2022 at least to really feel that we can have normal life/situation again. (By then cine studios should do like every other entreprises: accept loosing money in 2020/2021 and adapt, like Tenet and WW84 did/do).
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes, and it's a great new. But Covid will not dissapear the day the vaccine will land

Yes, that's what I said - not much will change before springtime, but that's when current estimates have it as starting to make a return to normal.

: produce/expediate/stock (-70° C)

There are several vaccines coming through: the expectation is that the more conventional ones which can be stored at fridge temperature are what the general population will be given. The -70° C one is more likely to be used for the vulnerable and health workers.

so I don't see how can the situation would be significant different in 2nd April...

Just read up a bit more about it. Yes, as I said, the spring is still a pretty optimistic estimate but right now it's not looking impossible.

They. Need. To. Stream.

Amen

If you/they think that vaccination campaigns will have visible effects in just 4 months: then you/they are in total denial...

Please don't start telling people you do not personally know they are in denial. It's arrogant and unnecessary. In the UK things are moving to open up in early 2021/Feb. The vaccines will have a huge impact on peoples' confidence - just look at the immediate reactions today. I have two close friends who are doctors/nurses, and they are optimistic now. So please don't start telling people they are in denial, especially someone, like myself, who has suffered from Covid and has, slowly and painfully, recovered over the last six months.

Fingers crossed, NTTD will open, as planned, early April.

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Yeah, let's just pray everything works out fine and the film comes out in April. Coz I don't want to see NTTD locking horns with Mission Impossible in November. And I'm sure EON don't want that as well.
    Vaccine that can be stored conventionaly are great, but it's a still a great logistic challenge that await humanity.

Of course it's a great new for public health that vaccination is very very near, but there is a downside it : knowing that vaccination in under way will encourage films studios to report their movie for few new months / a year now they see for the first time a light at the end of the tunnel. NTTD will probably not be an exception.

I don't need to know people personally for saying that expect a very great amelioration in avril due to the imminence of vaccination is doubtful, doctors/journalists says it, WHO director can be quoted : "I think it's at least four to six months before we have significant levels of vaccination going on anywhere".

They. Need. To. Stream.

Amen

Please don't start telling people you do not personally know they are in denial. It's arrogant and unnecessary. In the UK things are moving to open up in early 2021/Feb. The vaccines will have a huge impact on peoples' confidence - just look at the immediate reactions today. I have two close friends who are doctors/nurses, and they are optimistic now. So please don't start telling people they are in denial, especially someone, like myself, who has suffered from Covid and has, slowly and painfully, recovered over the last six months.

I'm so sorry to hear you had to combat the virus, @ColonelSun. I hope you're feeling better now and that your road to recovery hasn't been too brutal. Some of the stories I've heard from folks I know about having the illness have been very challenging, if not downright scary. It's certainly warrants being taken gravely seriously.

I agree wholeheartedly that there are new reasons for optimism now, and every part of me hopes the April release is possible in some form. I can't say my confidence is high, however -- at least domestically (in Canada and the US) where we basically seem to be exploding with new cases in the wrong direction. Then again, 4-5 months is enough of a time window where positive, collective action could make a significant impact!
    AgentM72 wrote: »

They. Need. To. Stream.

Amen

I'm so sorry to hear you had to combat the virus, @ColonelSun. I hope you're feeling better now and that your road to recovery hasn't been too brutal. Some of the stories I've heard from folks I know about having the illness have been very challenging, if not downright scary. It's certainly warrants being taken gravely seriously.

I agree wholeheartedly that there are new reasons for optimism now, and every part of me hopes the April release is possible in some form. I can't say my confidence is high, however -- at least domestically (in Canada and the US) where we basically seem to be exploding with new cases in the wrong direction. Then again, 4-5 months is enough of a time window where positive, collective action could make a significant impact!

Thx for your kind words. I had the virus in March. It wasn't pleasant. Struggling to breathe was the worst part, and for about three months after the initial bout, if I tried to go for a run or a walk, I'd quickly find myself struggling to breathe again. Then I kept getting days of extreme fatigue, which have finally stopped now, thank God.

There is no doubt it's going to be tight for the April release to hold, but if Eon do slip the release back again, I suspect they will push to early summer. I believe Eon will do everything in their power to avoid streaming.

But I think it's good to be optimistic during this difficult time. Optimism does not mean denial as a certain member here has stated.

• MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States
    Too all that have suffered, thoughts and prayers for you and your bravery. I like to believe that the day after JB and KH are sworn into office, it will all go away, like Reagan with the Iranian hostages. But I highly doubt it. I believe that NTTD will be released within the next year, but it will take some risk taking, on both sides. In the meantime, EON should be planning the next adventures for a new 007. No P & W writing though please! Use Anthony Horowitz if at all possible!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    MaxCasino wrote: »
    Too all that have suffered, thoughts and prayers for you and your bravery. I like to believe that the day after JB and KH are sworn into office, it will all go away, like Reagan with the Iranian hostages. But I highly doubt it. I believe that NTTD will be released within the next year, but it will take some risk taking, on both sides. In the meantime, EON should be planning the next adventures for a new 007. No P & W writing though please! Use Anthony Horowitz if at all possible!

Eon love P & W don't they ?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited December 2020 Posts: 5,834
    I don't really get the beef with P&W, to be honest. If we look at the film's that are slated, I wouldn't really blame them for it? I mean DIe Another Day was on Lee Tamahori, Quantum Of Solace was on the writers strike and Marc Forster, and Spectre was on the Sony hacks and Sam Mendes.

I also think a bigger problem with Spectre was pushing John Logan to the side cause based off previous drafts and concepts, he had some pretty interesting ideas that never came to fruition because of the leaks and probably Mendes.

And lest we forget who came up with the idea for the whole step-brother angle...
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Who came up with the step-brother angle ?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Who came up with the step-brother angle ?
    It was Mendes I believe