The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 33 deadline: Sat 13 Apr 11:00 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Are you going to sell him ?
    I might.

No it may only be one premiership game, I have back up.

I don't have backup. Who's your backup ?
    Richarlison is back in action playing for brazil

Klitch for one game I can go without Salah

In other words I am not taking a hit lol

Where are you on our league rank ?

Salah Illness - 25% chance of playing the ffs site says

Currently 4th I won last year with a top 50K finish, I am hoping to beat that.
    With a weak bench, it's really not ideal if Salah is out. Will likely just play Lamptey, but if any other players in my team are ruled out, I will have to take a hit (or two) to change things up a bit.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2020 Posts: 23,263
    With a weak bench, it's really not ideal if Salah is out. Will likely just play Lamptey, but if any other players in my team are ruled out, I will have to take a hit (or two) to change things up a bit.

Long term a lot will depend on his recovery, Pogba clearly took a while when he had the virus.

Price changes also I am nowconsidering, I may selll Salah after all.

Hmm Salah Current price 12.4m selling price 12.2m and I have nothing in the bank. Scrap selling him idea, for me anyway.

Long term a lot will depend on his recovery, Pogba clearly took a while when he had the virus.

Price changes also I am nowconsidering, I may selll Salah after all.

Hmm Salah Current price 12.4m selling price 12.2m and I have nothing in the bank. Scrap selling him idea, for me anyway.

Same issue here. Transfer out Salah now, and I have to raise funds to get him back (just the 0.2, but still). Unless something forces me to transfer him out, I'll just bench him then reassess the next gameweek.
    MO'S COVID WOE Mo Salah to miss THREE Liverpool games after testing positive for coronavirus a second time in latest blow for Klopp
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13231503/salah-miss-three-liverpool-games/amp/

At this stage that's two premiership games Leicester and Brighton, plus not being able to train and potential recovery period? I may sell him...

His price has already dropped by 0.1m managers must be selling in vast numbers hmm. Do I gamble on him returning quick and keep him, and hope Klitch will deliver points.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    MO'S COVID WOE Mo Salah to miss THREE Liverpool games after testing positive for coronavirus a second time in latest blow for Klopp
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13231503/salah-miss-three-liverpool-games/amp/

At this stage that's two premiership games Leicester and Brighton, plus not being able to train and potential recovery period? I may sell him...

His price has already dropped by 0.1m managers must be selling in vast numbers hmm. Do I gamble on him returning quick and keep him, and hope Klitch will deliver points.

I will probably sell him. It's funny how they consider him a midfielder as i always think of him as a forward.

I will probably sell him. It's funny how they consider him a midfielder as i always think of him as a forward.

Definately a striker though the midfield clean sheet points stack up over time, more so when Salah is Captained (not so much this season)

Was looking at options earlier, there are tricky fixtures or injuries for obvious replacements. Is it worth going with Mané or even Jota when Liverpool defence is decimated v Leicester.

Edited: Hanging onto Salah until the last game of this GW then will sell, I am not taking a hit especially when so many have already taken hits for fun.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    zg2ddzei3fyw.jpeg

Team for the week #9

Added Grealish and dropped Willian.
    Hopefully the transfer pays off.
    Only hesitant in putting Ederson on in place of Pickford. Clean sheets are hard to come by.
    Clean sheets really are Russian Roulette this season.

And so is picking a captain.

And so is picking a captain.

I have picked Salah as Captain most of the season, I probably will go with Bruno or DCL this GW.
    Spurs v Man City will mean not picking one of the dynamic duo, (kane and son) for me.
    1172907_1172907_KANE-AND-SON-FOOTBALL-INDEX-TAKIN-CARE-OF-BUSINESS-FEATURED.jpg
    635945185620494356-BURT-WARD-1541995.JPG
    Benny wrote: »
    zg2ddzei3fyw.jpeg

Team for the week #9

Added Grealish and dropped Willian.
    Hopefully the transfer pays off.
    Only hesitant in putting Ederson on in place of Pickford. Clean sheets are hard to come by.

I think you can be pretty sure the Willian > Grealish transfer will pay off, @Benny. Arsenal are really not offering much attacking potential right now.

Clean sheets are really difficult to come by this season so far. It might be an idea to consider cheaper goalkeepers and moving some funds further up the pitch instead.
    Spurs v Man City will mean not picking one of the dynamic duo, (kane and son) for me.

Given that City haven't been at their best yet, I won't be surprised if Kane and Son manage to grab a goal or two this weekend. Don't like their upcoming fixture run though.

Given that City haven't been at their best yet, I won't be surprised if Kane and Son manage to grab a goal or two this weekend. Don't like their upcoming fixture run though.

They should have beaten Liverpool but kdb missed a pen.

But Anything can happen

But Anything can happen

Indeed, though they haven't been as good as you'd expect them to be. That can change of course.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 2,350

But Anything can happen

Indeed, though they haven't been as good as you'd expect them to be. That can change of course.

I sold salah for Ziyech.
    Did you make any changes ?
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 17,267

But Anything can happen

I sold salah for Ziyech.
    Did you make any changes ?

I did the exact same transfer! Earlier in the week I considered a -4 or even a -8, but as Salah was the only player left in my team that was confirmed out, I didn't feel I needed to. I will want Salah back soon though.
    The international break is finally over, which means FPL is back! Here are the gameweek 9 captaincy picks:
    Fernandes: 4
    Calvert-Lewin: 3
    Werner: 2
    Vardy: 2
    Aubameyang: 1
    Martial: 1
    Son: 1
    Maddison: 1
    Ziyech: 1
    Mané: 1
    Kane: 1

It's an interesting gameweek for captaincies, as there are several players that might do well – and that shows in our league too, where we have a very varied group of captains.

Good luck everyone!
    Had a horrendous 24 hours not done anything to my team, Bruno Captain.

Hope everything is alright, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns?

Cheers, thankfully everyone involved is ok it was a life and death situation still having delayed shock. FPL right now will be a welcome distraction.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 17,267

Cheers, thankfully everyone involved is ok it was a life and death situation still having delayed shock. FPL right now will be a welcome distraction.

No wonder you've had a challenging 24 hours! Good thing you're doing fine. :-)

No wonder you've had a challenging 24 hours! Good thing everything is alright. :-)

Cheers, it reaffirmed that you cant take life for granted, I will certainly look at the positives.

I see Chelsea are leading Fernandez own goal, I think I had Lascelles as my last sub thankfully lol

No wonder you've had a challenging 24 hours! Good thing everything is alright. :-)

Cheers, it reaffirmed that you cant take life for granted, I will certainly look at the positives.

I see Chelsea are leading Fernandez own goal, I think I had Lascelles as my last sub thankfully lol

Indeed, that's certainly the way to look at things.

0-2 now. Not seeing much of my most recent transfer in, Ziyech. Hope he'll be able to get something from this game.

0-2 now. Not seeing much of my most recent transfer in, Ziyech. Hope he'll be able to get something from this game.

Z played well but not much points.
    3 nice games coming up

3 nice games coming up

Yes, Chelsea do have a nice run of fixtures ahead.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 2,350

3 nice games coming up

Yes, Chelsea do have a nice run of fixtures ahead.

No i mean 3 nice games coming up today, or this morning where i am.
    Aston Villa Brighton
    Spurs Man City
    Man Utd West Brom
    Decent so far forgot I had Zouma, Kane and Son delivered not sure what happened with Villa did not see that result happening.

I said weeks ago on other thread City just are not the team they once were they don't convince me at all, not surprised they lost today.
    Bruno (c) scores penalty at second attempt! :-bd
    Bruno (c) scores penalty at second attempt! :-bd

Had bruno as C too.