No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Strange that the 007 store isn’t doing any deals this year for the day that’s in it.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mtm wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Also on Insta

Full aspect ratio is here:

I do think that's a cracking little video. Lovely exciting stuff.
    I've just realized something strange.

@Contraband , you remember the storyboard you posted a while back?

unknown.png

unknown.png

I've compared it to the callsheets that were leaked earlier, and while everything checks out for this dialogue an both seem to confirm this line occurring at Scene 54, notice that the plaza shootout with Bond dispensing the smoke and escaping in the shot-up DB5 is on Scene 53, that is, the scene before the 'Why would I betray you?' line.

unknown.png

When I went to compare it with the first trailer, I noticed something very odd.

The DB5 is very obviously NOT shot-up. In fact, the windows are pristine!

unknown.png

unknown.png
    (Notice the sheen of the windscreen at the right)

I don't think that the editors, given the time they had to release the first trailer, would have missed such a huge continuity error. Would they? Given how much of the other scenes have been placed out of order in the trailers, it is very plausible that they intentionally placed the plaza shootout after the betrayal dialogue. However, they wouldn't go as far as to straight up remove GFX to make the trailer version of the story fit? The callsheet makes it explicitly clear that we are indeed seeing the plaza attack with Primo aiming at Madeleine through the car in 53, so I don't think I've made an error here.

Additionally, could this be indicative of some new Q technology? We do see the car shot-up once again when it pulls into the train station carpark. indicative of another altercation haven't seen yet?

I'm not questioning the validity of your sources (even if the thought had crossed my mind), I'm more just perplexed.

Any clues? Pretty much all of our sources point to the big plaza shootout occurring before the betrayal dialogue, so I'm wondering what's with the car error here.

RHsYpty.jpg

I've not spotted the cars in background here before- yet another classic car in the Matera sequence (the BMW 2002 outside the hotel and there's a Ferrari I think as well..?). I can't quite identify that one- a Fiat maybe?

I have another view of the car in the middle in colour. This is before they start shooting

nt66U33.jpg

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited October 2020 Posts: 469

unknown.png

unknown.png

I've compared it to the callsheets that were leaked earlier, and while everything checks out for this dialogue an both seem to confirm this line occurring at Scene 54, notice that the plaza shootout with Bond dispensing the smoke and escaping in the shot-up DB5 is on Scene 53, that is, the scene before the 'Why would I betray you?' line.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

I don't think that the editors, given the time they had to release the first trailer, would have missed such a huge continuity error. Would they? Given how much of the other scenes have been placed out of order in the trailers, it is very plausible that they intentionally placed the plaza shootout after the betrayal dialogue. However, they wouldn't go as far as to straight up remove GFX to make the trailer version of the story fit? The callsheet makes it explicitly clear that we are indeed seeing the plaza attack with Primo aiming at Madeleine through the car in 53, so I don't think I've made an error here.

Additionally, could this be indicative of some new Q technology? We do see the car shot-up once again when it pulls into the train station carpark. indicative of another altercation haven't seen yet?

I'm not questioning the validity of your sources (even if the thought had crossed my mind), I'm more just perplexed.

Any clues? Pretty much all of our sources point to the big plaza shootout occurring before the betrayal dialogue, so I'm wondering what's with the car error here.

First of all, why would you question my sources? All those call sheets were posted by a crew member on ebay for sale. Plus I have direct contact with several crew members, both from main, second and stunt crew thanks to my instagram. They won't reveal the plot of course, only anecdotes and tech. stuff from the shoot.

I don't know if these stills are helpful but this is when the chase starts out, at the hotel. No cracks/bulletholes. Right after that comes the baddies on their tail, during the chase Swann says 'Why would I betray you?' and then they finds themself at the square, and mayhem begins with bulletholes in the BD5.

8l61dBd.jpg
    RHsYpty.jpg

Forgive me if I sound cold about your sources, I did not mean any offense. You are a really wonderful part of the MI6 forums and twitter source, and I mean no hostility - just a bit confused, that's all.

The main thing I'm focusing on is the fact that they betrayal dialogue is said in scene 54 and the square shootout is scene 51-53. Maybe the trailer has some clever cutting, I don't know. Hence why I came to you with my question.

I guess all will be revealed come April, but I was just hoping to clear it up so that when I do release my projected timeline sometime in the future, I haven't made a colossal error in presuming the chronology of certain events.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,949
    Also on Insta

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

RHsYpty.jpg

I've not spotted the cars in background here before- yet another classic car in the Matera sequence (the BMW 2002 outside the hotel and there's a Ferrari I think as well..?). I can't quite identify that one- a Fiat maybe?

I have another view of the car in the middle in colour. This is before they start shooting

nt66U33.jpg

Thanks! How funny, the tones in that B/W image are way off- the reds actually look lighter than the silver Aston!.
    Yes I'm pretty sure that's a nice little 1960 or so Fiat 1200 cabriolet.

What with that and the 1970s Ferrari 308 and 1970s BMW 2002 parked outside the hotel, plus the Aston and the 80's Range Rovers of course, it seems like there's a classic car show going on in Matera. No wonder James wanted to go there! :D

After the old Rolls Royce in Spectre I bet Madeline probably has a phobia of classic cars by now.
    unknown.png?width=721&height=303

unknown.png?width=721&height=302

unknown.png?width=721&height=299

Clean caps of the widescreen scenes
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That wide shot is lovely; almost looks like a painting.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Also on Insta

A terrific tribute to Bond and to Daniel Craig. It's been a great ride. I'm going to be bawling upon the final credits of NTTD.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

First of all, why would you question my sources? All those call sheets were posted by a crew member on ebay for sale. Plus I have direct contact with several crew members, both from main, second and stunt crew thanks to my instagram. They won't reveal the plot of course, only anecdotes and tech. stuff from the shoot.

I don't know if these stills are helpful but this is when the chase starts out, at the hotel. No cracks/bulletholes. Right after that comes the baddies on their tail, during the chase Swann says 'Why would I betray you?' and then they finds themself at the square, and mayhem begins with bulletholes in the BD5.

8l61dBd.jpg
    RHsYpty.jpg

Forgive me if I sound cold about your sources, I did not mean any offense. You are a really wonderful part of the MI6 forums and twitter source, and I mean no hostility - just a bit confused, that's all.

The main thing I'm focusing on is the fact that they betrayal dialogue is said in scene 54 and the square shootout is scene 51-53. Maybe the trailer has some clever cutting, I don't know. Hence why I came to you with my question.

I guess all will be revealed come April, but I was just hoping to clear it up so that when I do release my projected timeline sometime in the future, I haven't made a colossal error in presuming the chronology of certain events.

I'm not offended.. well, maybe a little bit :((

I really can't tell how Cary & co was thinking. But logic tells me that her line comes before the shootout at the plaza. And the editors might have screwed it up in the trailers even if they are pro's. Hard to tell..
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2020 Posts: 10,588
    It’s the same montage shown from the SP announcement in 2014, with some NTTD footage added. Nice edit nonetheless.
    Also on Insta

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

RHsYpty.jpg

nt66U33.jpg

Thanks! How funny, the tones in that B/W image are way off- the reds actually look lighter than the silver Aston!.

What with that and the 1970s Ferrari 308 and 1970s BMW 2002 parked outside the hotel, plus the Aston and the 80's Range Rovers of course, it seems like there's a classic car show going on in Matera. No wonder James wanted to go there! :D

After the old Rolls Royce in Spectre I bet Madeline probably has a phobia of classic cars by now.

Is there any connection to the Bond series with that red car?

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

8l61dBd.jpg
    RHsYpty.jpg

I really can't tell how Cary & co was thinking. But logic tells me that her line comes before the shootout at the plaza. And the editors might have screwed it up in the trailers even if they are pro's. Hard to tell..

All's fair in love and war and trying to guess NTTD's plot :))

Also on Insta

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

RHsYpty.jpg

nt66U33.jpg

Well the specific model of the red car shown in the pic but, but Tracy had a Ford cougar in red tint
    Also on Insta

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

RHsYpty.jpg

nt66U33.jpg

Well the specific model of the red car shown in the pic but, but Tracy had a Ford cougar in red tint

Ah, ok. I see..

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

8l61dBd.jpg
    RHsYpty.jpg

All's fair in love and war and trying to guess NTTD's plot :))

Yes sir.. and the fight is on
    jake24 wrote: »
    It’s the same montage shown from the SP announcement in 2014, with some NTTD footage added. Nice edit nonetheless.

How in the holy hell can you guys remember and keep track on everything EON spits out? Impressive I must say
    Could be the Fiat 1500 cabriolet Pininfarina in red
    Fiat_%284569845283%29.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Also on Insta

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

RHsYpty.jpg

nt66U33.jpg

Not that I'm aware of, I think it just looks nice in an Italian town.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Sweet montage. Gotta love Jeffrey.
    Also on Insta

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

RHsYpty.jpg

nt66U33.jpg

Not that I'm aware of, I think it just looks nice in an Italian town.

Yeah that would make sense..

• edited October 2020 Posts: 850
    So do we have agents in US here who will watch and report eventual interesting content of the Jimmy Fallon programm tonight?

Edit: ah, there is replay in the site of the show (need to use a VPN to watch them if you are abroad however).
    What time should be the Jimmy Fallon show tonight?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

11:35/10:35c on NBC.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 137
    It's so sad about the cinema closure/loss of jobs, but given I watched Tenet last month with just my wife and 2 kids with no other people in attendance - it's hardly a surprise. I do believe the cinema industry has been slow to adapt, but I have a fantastic Odeon Delux local to me and it's fantastic if expensive experience. Decent quality food, bar, laser 4K projections, Atomos sound, free parking, electronic reclining leather seats etc...

Though, at this point, I would love Apple or some other company (with deep pockets) to step in and fill this void. I'd be interested to know what others thought, but I'd be happy to pay £50 to watch NTTD at home if it meant I also received a digital copy to keep (maybe at a later date on parity with DVD/Blu-Ray release). I think it's time to start considering some out of the box ideas, with a few different price points to make it accessible.

Right here, right now April is looking equally as implausible and that's on news on some reports detailing people getting COVID a second time.

What would you pay to watch right now at home?

Happy James Bond day everybody!!!!!! \m/ :-bd

If you can't see it, clip available tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/user/latenight/videos

If you can't see it, clip available tomorrow:

https://www.youtube.com/user/latenight/videos

Thanks. Think it's better due to the different time zone ;)
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Finneas Eilish, co author of the theme song, will be on The One Show tonight in the UK, BBC One at 7pm.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia