No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited October 2020 Posts: 630
    mtm wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    Omega: Hey EoN are we still on for November, we dont want to waste all this lovely promo stuff we have paid a lot of money for. Can we have confirmation please.

EoN: Er, yes. 100%. Definitely happening, no chance of it suddenly being pulled with zero notice. (Shifty eyes).

Omega: Great, we will launch our marketing. Cant wait to see the film.

EoN: Er, yeah!

You’ve made that up, and what’s the alternative?
    “No, I wouldn’t bother using all of that millions of pounds worth of promo you’ve paid for as we’re only 75% sure we’ll release the film in November. Yeah, if we do actually release it then you’ll have definitely flushed all that cash down the toilet, I know. But better to be sure you’ve wasted it than risk looking like we’ve had to make a decision which reflects badly on you in no way at all, eh?”

You must be joking.
    You know that the Omega, Dhl, and all stuff it's mkt for the film and not for Omega itself right? Omega doesn't need to do mkt before the movie comes out. Actually they would have probably more advantages by making It After the movie Is in theatres. So yes, but actually no

You think they don’t make money from the £8,000 watches they’re selling? Okaaay.

Are you capable to read?
    Do you think they sell watches thanks to Bond?
    Do you think they have to advertise before the movie comes out and that gives some sort of advantage to Them opposing to promote the Watch AFTER the movie Is out?
    Or even without a movie?
    C'est la vie. I prefer Bond films to be released in odd numbered years anyway.
    2020 is a wash. Bring on 2021!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    RedNine wrote: »
    I think it's just another proof that, while I appreciate what Michael and Barbara did for Bond during their tenure, they just aren't great at producing movies of this size. This delay is just another symptom of their shortcomings in this regard- their inability to create a cohesive plan for the franchise, inability to stick to dates (on top of their inability to learn from their mistakes like giving too much creative control to people like Mark Forster or Lee Tamahori). The way they handled those pandemic delays is just so like them- intially not even acknowledging the fans, seemingly improvising their way through the whole thing, wasting more and more resources just because they can not because it leads to something (just like Spectre explosion and the budget issues as a whole). At this point I really hope that there will be some changes in the future on a producing level- at least allow another voice in the room

Agreed. This once beloved franchise has become a joke. Bond is NOT a premiere brand anymore. If you don't believe that, you are in denial. The general population simply doesn't care any longer. While we can look at juggernauts like Marvel, Fast and Furious, even DC is reemerging as a big shot box contender, as examples of how to run a movie franchise, Bond meanwhile is stuck in a rut.

It’s front page news on the BBC website. If no one cared we wouldn’t be talking about it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The film gets delayed and people start attacking one another again. For the sanity of these forums, I hope it releases sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, try and keep it civil, everyone. No one here is responsible for the delay and the pandemic makes everything uncertain. I know we'd all rather be in cinemas right now watching it than waiting another six months.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 820
    Me: It's Friday!

Friday:

c03298efb4555df37fd9bb94c741db0d.gif
  • Agent_Zero_OneAgent_Zero_One Ireland
    AgentM72 wrote: »

Friday:

So who's the Mr. White equivalent here? An even worse Saturday?!
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 820

Friday:

Oh my god I hadn't even thought of that. Hold me.

EDIT: I guess technically Mr. White is...the vaccine?

Friday:

So, what you're saying is...you cripple the vaccine and take it to a small warehouse in another country?

Friday:

So, what you're saying is...you cripple the vaccine and take it to a small warehouse in another country?

I'm starting to think I should have stopped this analogy at the solid GIF joke.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Friday:

Please, keep these coming.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    This really is the night of last minute delays, isn't it?
    I wouldn't call this one last minute. F9 was already delayed to 2021 - now Universal has just pushed it from April to May to make for Bond.

Friday:

Please, keep these coming.

Thursday: So much cool stuff out this week! When's the NTTD release again?

Friday:

giphy.gif
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    C'est la vie.
    +1
    We should all be expecting November 2021 as the release date.

Really. It's called expectation management.

Oh, btw, this is me right now:

ThinSpitefulKissingbug-size_restricted.gif
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,933
    Omega: Hey EoN are we still on for November, we dont want to waste all this lovely promo stuff we have paid a lot of money for. Can we have confirmation please.

EoN: Er, yes. 100%. Definitely happening, no chance of it suddenly being pulled with zero notice. (Shifty eyes).

“No, I wouldn’t bother using all of that millions of pounds worth of promo you’ve paid for as we’re only 75% sure we’ll release the film in November. Yeah, if we do actually release it then you’ll have definitely flushed all that cash down the toilet, I know. But better to be sure you’ve wasted it than risk looking like we’ve had to make a decision which reflects badly on you in no way at all, eh?”

You must be joking.
    You know that the Omega, Dhl, and all stuff it's mkt for the film and not for Omega itself right? Omega doesn't need to do mkt before the movie comes out. Actually they would have probably more advantages by making It After the movie Is in theatres. So yes, but actually no

You think they don’t make money from the £8,000 watches they’re selling? Okaaay.

Are you capable to read?
    Do you think they have to advertise before the movie comes out and that gives some sort of advantage to Them opposing to promote the Watch AFTER the movie Is out?
    Or even without a movie?

I don't think you're really showing a lot of understanding as to how this works. If Omega didn't make huge amounts of money from their tie-ins with Eon and Craig himself they wouldn't have been paying for them. Businesses in general don't spend money unless it makes them more money in return.

Some of them most probably don't: I would imagine Aston Martin probably didn't give Eon a penny because they needed the cars in the film and they negotiated a deal for AM to build and supply their cars and in return they give their product massive exposure in the film- it's all a balancing act because both sides get something out of it. Omega aren't just helping Eon out.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited October 2020 Posts: 3,157
    Univex wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »
    Does this mean everything else is to be delayed? Cause I can live without the film until April (damn, that's half a year from now), but I'd appreciate it if they'd release the soundtrack, books and the bloody documentary in the aforementioned dates, as a way to keep the enthusiasm going. Besides, I really don't want to have my money dangling in pre-ordered stuff that long.

Oh well, a single word came to mind, but I can't transcribe it. How much as this film been delayed, in total? Anyone?

This. I would have no problem with this delay if I knew for certain that the soundtrack would still come out next month.

Right? The soundtrack, the production book, the Taschen book, the corgi cars, the soundtrack, the other musical themes album,...

If all of that comes out between now and April, that's one thing. But if every single thing is to be delayed again?? That'll be idiotic, IMO.

Yeah, I'd be bery disappointed. Also, this is not related to the movie itself but I wish another Bond novel had come out or at least been announced, we haven't had one in 2.5 years.
    Moreover, too bad no tie-in videogame is being made in the meanwhile.
    edited October 2020 Posts: 554
    At this point, my joke prediction of NTTD coming out on the 60th seems less and less fantastical. :(
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    edited October 2020 Posts: 630

You must be joking.

Are you capable to read?
    Or even without a movie?

I don't think you're really showing a lot of understanding as to how this works. If Omega didn't make huge amounts of money from their tie-ins with Eon and Craig himself they wouldn't have been paying for them. Businesses in general don't spend money unless it makes them more money in return.

You still are not Reading.
    And no, of course my marketing degree Is not helping me on this
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    edited October 2020 Posts: 737

#1: November 2019 > February 2020
    #2: February 2020 > April 2020
    #3: April 2020 > November 2020
    #4: this.

If EON had put a shift in they could have released Bond 26 the week after NTTD.
    At this point, my joke prediction of NTTD coming out on the 60th seems less and less fantastical. :(

200.gif
    #1: November 2019 > February 2020
    #2: February 2020 > April 2020
    #3: April 2020 > November 2020
    #4: this.

If EON had put a shift in they could have released Bond 26 the week after NTTD.
    Oh, what hypotheticals do to me...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Talking of being salty, anyone read the twitter page. Oof. Not even DarkSydePhil has that much Sodium Chloride.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 15
    Eon, Barbara, you have no idea the anger you've awakened in the 007 fan family. As i possted in another thread, Covid already has us on the ropes and Barbara and EON just keep punching. One delay. After another. Will we heal in time? Is it too late? We deserve to be treated better, we're the ones that buy the Omega watches. We are the ones that buy tuxedos so we can emulate our hero, James Bond. We bought the tapes. The dvds. The blu rays. The 4Ks. We deserve some consideration. I strongly recommend Kevin Feige brought in, to bring some order to EONs house. If Barbara needs to step down, so be it. But I believe EON needs to be under some heavy scrutiny, by Hollywood and Washington. Rant over.
  • RedNineRedNine Poland
    RedNine wrote: »
    I think it's just another proof that, while I appreciate what Michael and Barbara did for Bond during their tenure, they just aren't great at producing movies of this size. This delay is just another symptom of their shortcomings in this regard- their inability to create a cohesive plan for the franchise, inability to stick to dates (on top of their inability to learn from their mistakes like giving too much creative control to people like Mark Forster or Lee Tamahori). The way they handled those pandemic delays is just so like them- intially not even acknowledging the fans, seemingly improvising their way through the whole thing, wasting more and more resources just because they can not because it leads to something (just like Spectre explosion and the budget issues as a whole). At this point I really hope that there will be some changes in the future on a producing level- at least allow another voice in the room

I may be wrong, but I suspect Michael and Barbara don’t distribute the films: the film distribution companies do. So United Artists and Universal will be making these decisions, not necessarily Eon.

They are the producers and hold the rights, they are in those meetings, their names are in the announcements and while they obviously are not the only people influencing the decisions, they still hold some responsibility for them and this time I just found this situation where they share some of the blame to be very similar to some of the situations in the past where they held even more responsibilities.
    Talking of being salty, anyone read the twitter page. Oof. Not even DarkSydePhil has that much Sodium Chloride.
    We'll soon be raiding the salt mine from DAF's original ending.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,933
    Does this mean everything else is to be delayed? Cause I can live without the film until April (damn, that's half a year from now), but I'd appreciate it if they'd release the soundtrack, books and the bloody documentary in the aforementioned dates, as a way to keep the enthusiasm going. Besides, I really don't want to have my money dangling in pre-ordered stuff that long.

Oh well, a single word came to mind, but I can't transcribe it. How much as this film been delayed, in total? Anyone?

This. I would have no problem with this delay if I knew for certain that the soundtrack would still come out next month.

Right? The soundtrack, the production book, the Taschen book, the corgi cars, the soundtrack, the other musical themes album,...

If all of that comes out between now and April, that's one thing. But if every single thing is to be delayed again?? That'll be idiotic, IMO.

Yeah, I'd be bery disappointed. Also, this is not related to the movie itself but I wish another Bond novel had come out or at least been announced, we haven't had one in 2.5 years.
    Moreover, too bad no tie-in videogame is being made in the meanwhile.

Yes a novel would be good. Mr Horowitz is very busy though I guess.

You must be joking.

Are you capable to read?
    Or even without a movie?

You still are not Reading.
    And no, of course my marketing degree Is not helping me on this

What is it you're claiming to say? That Omega hasn't made any money from the many Bond watches they've sold this year for £8K each- that seems to be what you're saying.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    FWIW, if Biden wins the U.S. presidency in November, Craig's films will span four consecutive presidencies, the most of any actor.
    There seems to be a drought of all things Bond at the moment.
    TripAces wrote: »
    FWIW, if Biden wins the U.S. presidency in November, Craig's films will span four consecutive presidencies, the most of any actor.

And he would have no films released during the Trump era. A silver lining
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »

And he would have no films released during the Trump era. A silver lining

Ah. You know? I had not considered that. Good point!