No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Its absolutely ridiculous. They have no guarantee it will be better by then. No movie is making even close to a billion dollars in the next few years. Cut your losses, make some money and move to the next project.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2020 Posts: 5,869
    I'm not surprised by this decision. Here in the UK, the second wave is getting worse by the day so its common sense to push the films release to next year. I'm sure we're all a bit gutted again but having waited 5 years already, another 6 months isn't much of an issue.

On a personal note, I get to see NTTD on my birthday after all. If just 1 year late :-bd
    +1 @WillyGalore_Redux
    I;m done I just cant keep going on this emotional roller coaster
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Hope you have a good birthday despite the delay news, @QBranch :-)
    Thanks. The cake's a la bombe surpris.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    Oh wow ... when all the marketing kicked in I was just now convinced it‘ll come out
    QBranch wrote: »

Doesn't get better than that. Just keep an eye out if you're getting it served by two suspicious looking waiters.
  • RedNineRedNine Poland
    I would really love to know what lead the person that made the decision to greenlight the DHL commercial that dropped this morning, surely they didn't make the decision in those few hours after it dropped ?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Another challenge is, how they put the next trailer together. Coz they've really shown us a lot....even if we still don't know the plot.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2020 Posts: 5,869
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Another challenge is, how they put the next trailer together. Coz they've really shown us a lot....even if we still don't know the plot.
    Honestly I think they can do it... new music, repurpose some previous shots, throw a couple of new ones in for good measure and boom a fresh trailer for us :)

BTW........ I thought this was brilliant. Too bad the films been pushed again.
    it isnt coming out till 2025 period mark my words
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    edited October 2020 Posts: 294

But for such a grand meal, I rather expected a claret ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    It also means I'll actually be 25 for when the 25th movie comes out :)
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming

Doesn't get better than that. Just keep an eye out if you're getting it served by two suspicious looking waiters.

Yes, best steer clear of the kebabs if I were you :D
    It was obvious this was going to happen. Things are not improving with this poxy virus..the opposite in fact.
    Am actually a bit glad its been released arou nd Easter. Never liked Bond being released in November!
  • belleswannbelleswann britain
    All I really don't know about this film is the ending the rest i think can be figured out with all we know so far.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Denbigh wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Honestly I think they can do it... new music, repurpose some previous shots, throw a couple of new ones in for good measure and boom a fresh trailer for us :)

Hmmmmm, we hope for the best though.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Knew it would happen. Now I can say that even if it got released this year, I still wouldn't go and see it. And no, this isn't being salty, I wouldn't even go to see TLD on the big screen. This hasn't exactly been the best year of my life, and going to the cinema to see any film, is low on my list of priorities. So i'm not upset by this news.
    I called this back in March and have done so repeatedly since on the forum. It was so obvious then and it’s obvious now to anyone who reads the stats and follows the science.

Not sure about April but November was always a joke.

People need to get real about this situation. Follow the guidance and try to enable society to get back to a modicum of normality.
    well if you have been putting off the bond fitness challenge EON has given you more time to complete it
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’m so over all of this garbage. Absolute hell.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Another delay? Looks like we will never have a bond movie released in the 0 years. I’m livid. This movie is never coming out.

MOD EDIT: Please watch the language.

A tad of an over reaction don't you think?
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    At least we have 24 films to sit back on. How many fans of other franchises can say that?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Matt007 wrote: »
    I called this back in March and have done so repeatedly since on the forum. It was so obvious then and it’s obvious now to anyone who reads the stats and follows the science.

People need to get real about this situation. Follow the guidance and try to enable society to get back to a modicum of normality.

Here's the problem: April won't be any better and will likely be worse, because if blockbuster films do not intend to screen between now and then, there will be no theaters left at all. This a big gamble.
    Knew it would happen. Now I can say that even if it got released this year, I still wouldn't go and see it. And no, this isn't being salty, I wouldn't even go to see TLD on the big screen. This hasn't exactly been the best year of my life, and going to the cinema to see any film, is low on my list of priorities. So i'm not upset by this news.

Well said @MajorDSmythe
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Just like last time, as soon as a new Q Swatch is released and DC is booked on Fallon, they delay.

• Well, we all expected it didn't we? All the advertisers must have known already and now they dump all their NTTD ads. The poor advertising budget! Should have went with Nov 2021 not April, nothing will be better. Vaccines won't be ready.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Well said @MajorDSmythe

Thank you. :)

Out of curiosity, do we know how much has been spend on advertising so far?
    TripAces wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »

Here's the problem: April won't be any better and will likely be worse, because if blockbuster films do not intend to screen between now and then, there will be no theaters left at all. This a big gamble.

Of course you are right. Cinema as a money making enterprise for films with a $300 million dollar budget is finished for a good long while as we knew it. Possibly for good. The pandemic may be the nail in the coffin for public cinema as it just exacerbates home media.

Eon have been caught out wrong place at the wrong time. It’s very unfortunate for them.
    What a mess.