No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    That gunbarrel track was average at best until those chilling strings came in at the end.
    That gunbarrel track was average at best until those chilling strings came in at the end.

I hope those strings punctuate the dot opening.
  • GatecrasherGatecrasher Classified

Those long, chilling chords are distinctively Zimmer for sure.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Yeah. I can imagine the final dot opening up as the frame centers in on Bond from a far distance.

Those long, chilling chords are distinctively Zimmer for sure.

Chilling indeed. Seems to indicate/confirm we open on snowy Norway and then jump to Matera. I wonder if that first part of the pretitles is done without additional score?
    I know the gunbarrel track harks back to Dr. No but I really miss the guitar riff established in FRWL. Interesting that it feels like it's being played from across the room. You can feel the space.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    mtm wrote: »
    I've only just noticed the '7' on the 007 logo has a new curve at the top... not very interesting I know! :)

Love it!!!!!!! So excited:-D
    delfloria wrote: »
    I know the gunbarrel track harks back to Dr. No but I really miss the guitar riff established in FRWL. Interesting that it feels like it's being played from across the room. You can feel the space.

Agreed, in a good way. Sounds like an actual orchestra playing it at Air Studios -- much as I liked (even loved) Newman's scores, they were absolutely missing that sense of scale at times. Felt like a smaller group, without a lot "underneath" (low brass, bass, etc.).

Keep in mind as well that these samples may be be optimized for lower bitrates to keep the size down, depending on where they're hosted -- the Youtube link in particular, I can hear a lot of excess noise. Quality on the actual album should be terrific.
  • TripAces wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I take it that new TV spot is still locked as an ad and there's no link? I've looked around for it but no luck.

FWIW: Walsh directed DC in Flashbacks of a Fool, an uneven film that loses all momentum when Craig is not on the screen.

I thought that was a good little film, totally under the radar, but moving and with a great performance from DC.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    DHL ad debuts tomorrow on official 007

The Stig/stunt driver Ben Collins is the one in the Aston Martin DB5 racing in Shanghai
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Contraband wrote: »
    DHL ad debuts tomorrow on official 007

The Stig/stunt driver Ben Collins is the one in the Aston Martin DB5 racing in Shanghai

Ah great, thanks, looking forward to that, looks like fun.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Love these images so much :)
    nghqSsF.jpg
    BEYuiLB.jpg
    WKDW4IC.jpg
    GNPy7tA.jpg
    That first one of Madeleine actually makes me want to cry :( but yes, amazing images. I think they're really going to bring their relationship to life in this one.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    FoxRox wrote: »
    That first one of Madeleine actually makes me want to cry :(
    +1
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    New Trailer
    New posters
    Official podcast
    New Music Video
    Actors to appear on talk shows
    Several product tie-ins releasing their promo material...
    It's surely going to happen now, isn't it? I'm allowing myself to believe! I think!!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    cwl007 wrote: »
    New Trailer
    New posters
    Official podcast
    New Music Video
    Actors to appear on talk shows
    Several product tie-ins releasing their promo material...
    It's surely going to happen now, isn't it? I'm allowing myself to believe! I think!!

I feel bad for the next round of marketing if they do indeed delay again. They surely won't have much else to show off, unless they want to craft all new trailers with even more footage (which I suppose isn't too big of an issue, considering how long the film is).
    Talk about a disaster, if they really do have to delay again. We've gotten so much. I'd like to believe they're doing absolutely everything they can to make sure it comes out on time this time though, and hopefully still before the year is over should a delay arrive.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It really does seem to be moving in full force now. Things would have to get infinitely worse in the next couple of weeks for them to delay again, I'd imagine. After moving the date once and now having marketing back in full, amplified swing, I think they're going to stick with that November release date regardless.

Had me fooled, I thought for sure there was no way this film was coming out until 2021 unless they did a PVOD release. I suppose that's still possible but they seem very confident and certain about this November date, considering how much new footage and bits they've released over the past several weeks.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 65
    Major spoiler may have been revealed in the music video
    I think Safin shoots himself possibly after shooting the guards. He does say “mine will survive long after I’m gone” to Bond like it’s a forgone conclusion. In the trailer Bond is kneeling down at Safin’s mercy. In the music video he is stood up gun in hand in the same place and Maddy comes running in. So unless Bond shoots the guards and Safin in cold blood (unlikely in 2020) I seriously think Safin is so sure his plan will succeed that he shoots himself or poisons himself because it looks like someone is lying on the floor where Safin was sat in the music video
  • RyanRyan Canada
    ToTheRight wrote: »

My guess is they will. No pretentious text this time!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2020 Posts: 5,834
    I think Safin shoots himself possibly after shooting the guards. He does say “mine will survive long after I’m gone” to Bond like it’s a forgone conclusion. In the trailer Bond is kneeling down at Safin’s mercy. In the music video he is stood up gun in hand in the same place and Maddy comes running in. So unless Bond shoots the guards and Safin in cold blood (unlikely in 2020) I seriously think Safin is so sure his plan will succeed that he shoots himself or poisons himself because it looks like someone is lying on the floor where Safin was sat in the music video
    Unless...
    ...he escapes to a different part of the lair after Bond manages to get the upper hand against his guards.

As interesting and different as it could be, it might be a bit anticlimactic for Safin to kill or poison himself.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Unless...
    ...he escapes to a different part of the lair after Bond manages to get the upper hand against his guards.

As interesting and different as it could be, it might be a bit anticlimactic for Safin to kill or poison himself.
    Craig's ratio on villains isn't exactly stellar. He's only offed one out of four so far. Safin needs to die by Bond's hand! :P
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Unless...

Craig's ratio on villains isn't exactly stellar. He's only offed one out of four so far. Safin needs to die by Bond's hand! :P
    By strangulation ;) CR full circle AND YOLT novel influence!
  • But with Maddy coming back in I guess we have Bond get her to safety where the Q plane is and then he goes back in after Safin? Or goes back in to stop whatever is going to spread the poison etc
    Found the new US spot
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    But with Maddy coming back in I guess we have Bond get her to safety where the Q plane is and then he goes back in after Safin? Or goes back in to stop whatever is going to spread the poison etc

This is probably exactly how it plays out. Going to be very exciting!
    007007x wrote: »

It’s a different one I saw when the music video premiered
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    There’s two, both reveal very little new footage.
    jake24 wrote: »
    There’s two, both reveal very little new footage.

Found the second