No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    TripAces wrote: »
    Holy crap the music sample

Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gunbarrel theme was kinda eh - it wasn't very punchy and some of the drums sounded like MIDI samples tbh - the bit after it is very sinister, though, indicating we are probably jumping straight into the Norway flashback without anything beforehand...
    No way to find the new clip you were talking about?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Are there spoilers in the track titles? I haven't read them yet.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 820
    WHOA. What a day.

Edit: Score's about 70 minutes. A little lighter than I'd hoped but maybe we'll get something expanded in the future.

LOVE the Gunbarrel. It's Spectre's, with more oomph.
    mtm wrote: »

Yeah - one big one. However, I'm pretty sure most people already predicted it so idk
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Yeah - one big one. However, I'm pretty sure most people already predicted it so idk
    Which one? They don't seem that spoiler-y to me?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited October 2020 Posts: 1,755
    I didn’t see anything too spoilery regarding the track titles. Did I miss something? I saw tracks 1-21.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is it me or is the gunbarrel music too long again? Meaning we get the fanfare over black, before the dots appear, like last time.
    Call me trad, but I like the fanfare with the dots.
    In regards to the Billie Eilish video. The look on Bond’s face at “have I fallen for a lie”. Ouch. Someone give him a hug

Thanks but I meant the one in which he says 'we have to destroy all this' I think. I didn't see it
    Is it me or is the gunbarrel music too long again? Meaning we get the fanfare over black, before the dots appear, like last time.

It's definitely gonna be the same as Spectre based on that, with the fanfare over black. Except maybe the dot will open up to Norway...
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    What about this broken link at 007.com, about the cover art of the soundtrack?

https://www.007.com/no-time-to-die-soundtrack-cover-revealed/
    Guessing this was all meant to be announced and released tomorrow. The iTunes link is from New Zealand where it's Friday already.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    antovolk wrote: »

It's definitely gonna be the same as Spectre based on that, with the fanfare over black.

Yup. Unless Bond walks incredibly slowly this time :D
    A bit disappointed Zimmer followed Newman's format with the gunbarrel. I was hoping he'd either put his own stamp on the scene, or bring back Barry's structure.
    Oh well. Hopefully the design looks half way decent.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Poison Garden!!!

Strict from YOLT!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited October 2020 Posts: 14,948
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    A bit disappointed Zimmer followed Newman's format with the gunbarrel. I was hoping he'd either put his own stamp on the scene, or bring back Barry's structure.

To be honest I always loved the sort of creeping vamp over the logos before the fanfare - I think that's rather great so I'm not disappointed to hear that again. But I would prefer the riff back rather than Arnold's version where he used the resolution of the theme, and I like the fanfare on the dots dammit! :)
    edited October 2020 Posts: 469
    The gunbarrel music diving straight into a really sinister theme actually reminds me a ton of 'White Knight' :))

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I feel the same way.
  • edited October 2020 Posts: 12,266
    I wish the gunbarrel had been more of its own thing too, but I really loved the second half of it still. The guitar is lovely!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I wish the gunbarrel had been more of its own thing too, but I really loved the second half of it still. The guitar is lovely!

Yes it's funny how they seem to have taken Newman's version (with the guitar playing the vamp) of Arnold's arrangement! :D

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    As long as there's no opening text after the gunbarrel, I'm happy :)

To be honest I always loved the sort of creeping vamp over the logos before the fanfare - I think that's rather great so I'm not disappointed to hear that again. But I would prefer the riff back rather than Arnold's version where he used the resolution of the theme, and I like the fanfare on the dots dammit! :)

I wish I appreciated that element more.
    In SP it reminded me too much of SUPERMAN IV THE QUEST FOR PEACE where the Superman theme is played over the Warner Bros logo followed by a rather cheap looking variation of the iconic space titles sequence.
    We'll see how the overall sequence looks.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I take it that new TV spot is still locked as an ad and there's no link? I've looked around for it but no luck.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I've only just noticed the '7' on the 007 logo has a new curve at the top... not very interesting I know! :)

It’s weird I can’t get the new tv spot playing anymore. Only a the NTTD banner pops up 30 seconds into the music video.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I take it that new TV spot is still locked as an ad and there's no link? I've looked around for it but no luck.

FWIW: Walsh directed DC in Flashbacks of a Fool, an uneven film that loses all momentum when Craig is not on the screen.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Yeah. Unless someone manages to grab the video ID