No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• This just published from one of the California trades:

All hope rests on MGM/United Artists Releasing’s No Time to Die, and even Disney/Pixar’s Soul, set to debut over the Thanksgiving break. Some mid-sized and smaller exhibitors are refusing to open until that point in time. Here in Los Angeles, Arclight Cinemas doesn’t plan to reopen immediately once getting the greenlight from LA; they’ll wait until there’s bigger fare to play in order to make money. Whether the 007 movie sticks to its release date hinges on lower COVID cases abroad. As of right now, Bond isn’t budging.
  • . . . AND this just in from The GUARDIAN:
    Around 8,000 schoolchildren and more than 350 teachers and staff are self-isolating in Liverpool, the city’s mayor has said, as it recorded one of the highest infection rates in England.

Matt Ashton, Liverpool’s director of public health, said the city was in a “very difficult position” as its number of cases rose sharply in the past week.

Liverpool’s seven-day infection rate was 242 cases per 100,000 people in the week to 24 September, Ashton said, compared with 211 in Bolton, which previously had the highest rate.

Ashton said coronavirus cases were doubling every eight to nine days and that 12.8% of people being tested were confirmed positive, which is also worryingly high.

UK is BOND's biggest market, per sixe of population - are they REALLY going to release this film in just over 5 weeks' time, with these figures?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Well that's lot of fun, seems a good idea to engage the fans. Have other movies launched official podcasts as part of their promo?

Sounds like James King.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 3,164
    Wow, that sounds amazing. And yes, seemingly first film to launch a podcast like this
    Hey, Yarborough is finally back!!! :D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    antovolk wrote: »
    Wow, that sounds amazing. And yes, seemingly first film to launch a podcast like this

That's very impressive of Bond to be first if that's right. It actually seems like an obvious idea now! :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    FYI, a piece of Hans Zimmer’s score will be revealed in one of the podcasts episodes, most likely the one featuring Billie Eilish and Finneas.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 847
    Seems interesting, I hope there interview will not as dull as the ones of the Jamaica conference.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    jake24 wrote: »
    FYI, a piece of Hans Zimmer’s score will be revealed in one of the podcasts episodes, most likely the one featuring Billie Eilish and Finneas.

Ooh nice, where did you hear that?

I guess David Arnold's 007 show should be restarting on Scala radio soon.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    mtm wrote: »

It’s on the description on the Apple Podcasts page.

No TimeTo Die: The Official James Bond Podcast is a new and exclusive podcast hosted by James King. The six-part series features exclusive interviews with Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Léa Seydoux, Lashana Lynch, Jeffrey Wright, Naomie Harris, director Cary Joji Fukunaga, producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, Billie Eilish and Finneas O’Connell and a host of key behind the scenes crew from casting director to special effects supervisor.

Each of the six episodes focusses on a different aspect of the franchise. Learn everything about Bond from music, gadgets, locations, stunts, costumes and cars.

Podcast listeners will be the first to hear exclusive score from Hans Zimmer and brand-new recordings from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra from Bond 25 released by Decca Records.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I'm looking forward to that!
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    mtm wrote: »

It’s on the description on the Apple Podcasts page.

No TimeTo Die: The Official James Bond Podcast is a new and exclusive podcast hosted by James King. The six-part series features exclusive interviews with Daniel Craig, Rami Malek, Léa Seydoux, Lashana Lynch, Jeffrey Wright, Naomie Harris, director Cary Joji Fukunaga, producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, Billie Eilish and Finneas O’Connell and a host of key behind the scenes crew from casting director to special effects supervisor.

Each of the six episodes focusses on a different aspect of the franchise. Learn everything about Bond from music, gadgets, locations, stunts, costumes and cars.

Podcast listeners will be the first to hear exclusive score from Hans Zimmer and brand-new recordings from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra from Bond 25 released by Decca Records.

Waiting with bated breath. Please let us know when someone gets info!
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Lets hope they are meaty and sufficiently long podcasts (an hour and not like 10 minute snippets).
    Episode One: Bond in Context
    Episode Two: Bond Around the World
    Episode Three: A Name to Die For: Allies and Enemies of Bond
    Episode Four: The Craft of Bond
    Episode Five: Clothes, Tech and Cars
    Episode Six: Being 007

No Time To Die: The Official James Bond Podcast is produced by Somethin’ Else in association with Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios, Universal Pictures International, United Artists Releasing and EON Productions.

The series is available weekly from Wednesday 30th September on Apple, Spotify, Acast and all major podcast providers

From the press release I got
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Episode One: Bond in Context
    Episode Two: Bond Around the World
    Episode Three: A Name to Die For: Allies and Enemies of Bond
    Episode Four: The Craft of Bond
    Episode Five: Clothes, Tech and Cars
    Episode Six: Being 007

No Time To Die: The Official James Bond Podcast is produced by Somethin’ Else in association with Metro Goldwyn Mayer Studios, Universal Pictures International, United Artists Releasing and EON Productions.

The series is available weekly from Wednesday 30th September on Apple, Spotify, Acast and all major podcast providers

From the press release I got

Cool thanks. How ballsy of them to reference one of the the worst Bond lines from DAD in the title to ep 3! :)

Mallory wrote: »
    Lets hope they are meaty and sufficiently long podcasts (an hour and not like 10 minute snippets).

I'm not expecting them to be too amazing as they're all going to be PR puff pieces to some extent I've no doubt (and I'm not complaining about that- it's what they are), but I'm sure there will be some interesting stuff in there.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Univex wrote: »

Hahaha, not many people will remember him as we do.
    Univex wrote: »

Hahaha, not many people will remember him as we do.

Us old folk will ;)
    Abraço!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Two videos for the new podcast.

The twitter one is different from the youtube version. Blink and you miss it ;)

This one is missing on youtube:

YBGRG50.jpg

There's a different version of the trailer if you listen to the preview on Apple (and other podcast platforms) with new quotes from more of the cast https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/no-time-to-die-the-official-james-bond-podcast/id1532875925?mt=2&itscg=80085&itsct=pod_somethinelse_notimetodie
    The podcast was produced pre-COVID, for those wondering
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    How do we listen to this? Don’t really care about anything else except a snippet of Zimmer’s score.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    How do we listen to this? Don’t really care about anything else except a snippet of Zimmer’s score.

Same, to be honest.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm sure that snippet will be up whenever the episode goes live. I'm not one for podcasts so I'll just wait for that bit to be released online.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 3,164

Cool. Thanks for the heads up, @antovolk. It promises to be a fun ride. The publicity wheel is really starting to spin now, isn't it?
    All this marketing push tells just how much they want to get it out this year! Feels so close yet so far given the circumstances.
    FoxRox wrote: »
    All this marketing push tells just how much they want to get it out this year! Feels so close yet so far given the circumstances.

It really does. One must curb one's enthusiasm and manage expectations all the time. And it's difficult because, well, the marketing really does what it's supposed to.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Could this mean our first clip is incoming?
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm sure that snippet will be up whenever the episode goes live. I'm not one for podcasts so I'll just wait for that bit to be released online.

Yeah. If one of you people with the podcast could be so kind as to give us any new infor or chuck us a link to the score once it's up i'll be forever grateful