No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    Contraband wrote: »
    I'm assuming, due to the fact that Bond talks about Nomi at his boathouse in the day that the events go from him meeting Felix at the nightclub, encountering Nomi, Nomi tailing him back to the boathouse to confront him and then the next day him talking to Felix on the phone and sailing out to the SPECTRE party. On the way, he sees the plane overhead, and he then gets to Jamaica and meets Ana who presents him with the suit before the SPECTRE party. They part ways after the SPECTRE agents are gassed and Bond heads off and encounters Nomi trying to ship Valdo out and failing to - he escapes and is only later reencountered at Safin's lair where Nomi flying kicks him.

Bond and Felix go onto the boat that is then attacked by the same plane he sees flying over him earlier. It is bombed by the same plane Bond sees earlier, and only Bond makes it out alive. After this, he returns to MI6 to seek help to finish off the foe who killed Felix.

Boathouse = lagoon villa/beach house near Port Antonio, Jamaica. Meets Felix and Nomi.

Bond meets Paloma (Ana de Armas) in Santiago de Cuba, not Jamaica. Still unclear though if the Spectre event/mayhem takes place in Santiago or Havana since NTTD's production designer once said in an interview that they had to build the Havana set because the cubans had several demands that EON wouldn't accept. Like changing in the script.

After the mayhem in Cuba, Bond meets Nomi again at MI6

We still don't know if it's Logan Ash (Billy Magnussen) in the seaplane, although most likely him. Agent gone rogue, working for Safin. We do know it's Logan in the Land Rover Defender chasing after Bond in the muddy terrain/forrest, and flipping over, exploding.

After the mayhem in the forrest Bond meets up with Nomi again when she comes driving in the Superleggera. It's only after that Bond and Nomi goes after Safin in his bunker.

Very true - made a mistake on the Cuba location. There hasn't been anything solid on how Bond gets to Cuba but I only assume he takes the boat the day after the nightclub scene due to him wearing the same thing in Cuba as he did in that scene where he chats to Felix about Nomi in the middle of the day and when he sees the plane fly in on his boat (and the other shot above the plane where you can see Bond's boat) - hence why I assume that the nightclub and the Cuba scene are on different nights - first night is Bond with Nomi at his villa meeting and coming into conflict with her leaving after her telling him to 'stay away' and not get involved, while the second night is him in Cuba with Felix and Paloma and likely causing Nomi to lose Valdo - hence her line to MP about wanting to shoot him.
    BondExperience just posted a video, and I'm wondering if this is an already release still (in such widescreen) and if so, can I get a link?
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Unfortunately not released yet. Probably was provided by C&J for the video

I find this one on David's profile, but no more
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

FEJpqk9.jpg
    FEJpqk9.jpg

Thanks lads!
    Bond looking at his shoes and regret to have put his Aston & his flat in mortgage to be able to buy them...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I still can't get on with that coat, I must admit :)
    New still. Also from David's insta, marketing the new shoes by Crocket and Jones

KStN9DL.jpg

NTTD shoe collection launched today:

https://www.crockettandjones.com/james-bond-no-time-to-die/

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ah that's a nice one!

No wonder M looks grumpy though- someone's nicked his chair.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    mtm wrote: »
    I still can't get on with that coat, I must admit :)

Yeah. But I'm not surprised since Cary is American.
    I see M’s taste in art has become more...modern.
    Univex wrote: »

@Univex Re: the office. I think it was production designer Mark T. who said in an interview (Total film or Empire) that when the office set was reubilt for NTTD, the builders went to a secret warehouse owned by Pinewood and collected every stored item down to the detail.

And on the subject of paintings. M also have a painting with a marine ship or something like that. A famous painting? (Bond fanatics can help out here). Anyway, the gallery wouldn't lend the production the real one plus the insurance stuff was insanely high, like a Bondfilm budget, so Mark enlisted a pro guy who painted an exact replica.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I wonder why he hasn't turned any of his lights on?
    Maybe the electricity's gone. What with that and his chair missing no wonder he's furious.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Very interesting. Spot the differences!

eb00768c-0249-4e42-8a78-18d0c92f5c54_screenshot.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    NTTD desk features a book on philosophy, but then, @ggl007 would know that. ;)

Oh, and a reference to one digital imaging technician from Skyfall, Mustafa Tyebkhan.
    ggl007 wrote: »

One of my favourite Craig Bond moments. Receiving his 'would be' mission briefing from M, with the Bond theme playing.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    GadgetMan wrote: »

One of my favourite Craig Bond moments. Receiving his 'would be' mission briefing from M, with the Bond theme playing.

What would have been even better would be that briefing sending him to Mexico for Spectres Day of the Dead PTS. Would have eliminated the whole rogue element again.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,311

Battle-of-Germany-by-Paul-Nash-1944-Oil-on-canvas-c-IWM-Art-dot-IWM-ART-LD-4526.jpg

Battle of Germany, by Paul Nash 1944 (Imperial War Museum)

Wikipedia says: "Nash's final painting for WAAC was however an extraordinary, imagined scene of a bombing raid on a city. Despite being given access to official reports and accounts from aircrews who had flown on raids to Germany, for the Battle of Germany, Nash adopted an unconventional abstract approach. Nash explained that it showed a city under attack with a pillar of smoke from burning buildings in the background and the white spheres of descending parachutes in the foreground. The pillar of smoke and the moon were as threatening to the city as the bombers, concealed within the red clouds, responsible for the explosions on the right side of the painting. Whilst Kenneth Clark found the painting difficult to understand because of what he called the "different planes of reality in which it is painted", he did recognize that it might herald one course that post-war art could take."

What would have been even better would be that briefing sending him to Mexico for Spectres Day of the Dead PTS. Would have eliminated the whole rogue element again.

Yeah. That's it.
    Shoes:

25/09/2020 Crockett & Jones will proudly announce its official partnership with EON Productions, the makers of the James Bond films. Crockett & Jones have previously worked with the 007 filmmakers on Skyfall, Spectre and the forthcoming film No Time To Die. In celebration of the 25th James Bond film, No Time To Die, they present JAMES, a wholecut Oxford of the highest standard. Working closely with the 007 filmmakers Crockett & Jones supplied two further styles to the production.

https://www.crockettandjones.com/

cant a video game company ever partner with EON and give us a great 007 game on consoles
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,665
    zebrafish wrote: »

Battle-of-Germany-by-Paul-Nash-1944-Oil-on-canvas-c-IWM-Art-dot-IWM-ART-LD-4526.jpg

Battle of Germany, by Paul Nash 1944 (Imperial War Museum)

Wikipedia says: "Nash's final painting for WAAC was however an extraordinary, imagined scene of a bombing raid on a city. Despite being given access to official reports and accounts from aircrews who had flown on raids to Germany, for the Battle of Germany, Nash adopted an unconventional abstract approach. Nash explained that it showed a city under attack with a pillar of smoke from burning buildings in the background and the white spheres of descending parachutes in the foreground. The pillar of smoke and the moon were as threatening to the city as the bombers, concealed within the red clouds, responsible for the explosions on the right side of the painting. Whilst Kenneth Clark found the painting difficult to understand because of what he called the "different planes of reality in which it is painted", he did recognize that it might herald one course that post-war art could take."

Oh well done, @zebrafish! Knew it had be by a British painter to sit well in that room. A surrealist, no less.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Craig ft.in french magazine Madame Figaro, Men's Special September 2020

z8iz0V2.jpg
    pGhgUPZ.jpg
    VQsIBm8.jpg
    45b1OiN.jpg
    ghtaVN8.jpg

Can't find the issue though, not even in french. Might be an article/interview...?!
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,665
    What a stylish fella. I wonder if he would be a wonderful Bond number 7?

:D

BTW, I like it that Craig is consistent. Rocking those shawl cardigans over and over again, with his white T shirts. And not afraid of peak lapels for his personal tailoring. Good man. Good show.
    Whoever was in charge of Craig's Haircut for NTTD, deserves a Cameo in a future Bond film.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Whoever was in charge of Craig's Haircut for NTTD, deserves a Cameo in a future Bond film.
    Agreed. This is his best one yet.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

Can't find the issue though, not even in french. Might be an article/interview...?!
    Many thanks mate, I just bought the magazine for fourteen bucks.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I actually liked and preferred the short cut in Skyfall.
    FEJpqk9.jpg

Filming location: Swinley Forest, Buttersteep South, UK

erdkTbG.jpg
    KPq8iL9.jpg

Random stills of the area, no prod photos
    https://www.locateproductions.com/locations/3917
    QBranch wrote: »

Many thanks mate, I just bought the magazine for fourteen bucks.

:P :D