No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• I have the 2012 version of this book - and it's a fantastic one to own for any Bond fan!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    xl_james_bond_nttd_opener_b25_38561_2009110910_id_1319173.jpg
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I have the 2012 version of this book - and it's a fantastic one to own for any Bond fan!

I too have the 2012 book, the much larger one, and it is excellent. Definitely an investment piece but full of so much great info and photos. May have to double dip for the new NTTD one.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,343
    I have the 2012 version of this book - and it's a fantastic one to own for any Bond fan!

I have it too. This one is smaller isn’t it? More pages but our edition is almost 50 cm wide.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    xl_james_bond_nttd_opener_b25_38561_2009110910_id_1319173.jpg

Cool picture. B-)
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    I'm so excited right now and also sad because I live in Melbourne and our cinemas probably won't reopen in time for the November 12th premiere. I can't trust myself not to look at spoilers - we have waited too long!
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    I'm so excited right now and also sad because I live in Melbourne and our cinemas probably won't reopen in time for the November 12th premiere. I can't trust myself not to look at spoilers - we have waited too long!

I'm in Melbourne too and am more interested in this lock down coming to an end.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Yk8xqoP.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Wonder Woman 1984 has been officially delayed to December 25th, 2020.

This makes Black Widow the only remaining blockbuster opening before NTTD.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    From the James Bond Archive (NTTD Edition):
    The Title:

Barbara Broccoli: We were struggling to find a title. We wanted a title that wouldn't give away anything but would be understandable, and after you see the movie, have a deeper resonance because that's often what Fleming titles are all about. I came up with this brainwave - thinking I was terribly clever. Of course, when we did the search, I realized I hadn't made it up, but had already seen it. No Time To Die was the UK title of one of Cubby's films, Tank Force (1958). The connection to Cubby made me love the title even more. So I'm not clever, it's him.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Cinemas here might be closed in November as well.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Yk8xqoP.jpg

@ggl007 Where can we get one of these?
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Couldn't help myself, just bought the new Taschen 8->

Now for the soundtrack, the car book, the corgi models, ... @-)

EDIT: Soundtrack=done 8-| Hey, you only live twice, right?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Yk8xqoP.jpg

Source, please?
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I found it on twitter. It's available on Omega stores... I don't know since when, of course.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I found it on twitter. It's available on Omega stores... I don't know since when, of course.

Thanks man
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,920
    The Title:

Barbara Broccoli: We were struggling to find a title. We wanted a title that wouldn't give away anything but would be understandable, and after you see the movie, have a deeper resonance because that's often what Fleming titles are all about. I came up with this brainwave - thinking I was terribly clever. Of course, when we did the search, I realized I hadn't made it up, but had already seen it. No Time To Die was the UK title of one of Cubby's films, Tank Force (1958). The connection to Cubby made me love the title even more. So I'm not clever, it's him.

That's very interesting: I don't think a producer has said they came up with a title before, have they?
    mtm wrote: »
    The Title:

That's very interesting: I don't think a producer has said they came up with a title before, have they?

Possibly. I wonder who came up with the original "A Reason To Die" title
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    The Title:

Was that established to be more than a rumour though? There are always lots of titles flying about and I don't believe they're official until someone from the productions says they were. People were calling it Shatterhand for a while as well, but I tend to think that was probably just Chinese whispers.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Title:

Was that established to be more than a rumour though? There are always lots of titles flying about and I don't believe they're official until someone from the productions says they were. People were calling it Shatterhand for a while as well, but I tend to think that was probably just Chinese whispers.

Several films had alternate titles before the final one was settled on. SF for instance started out as ONCE UPON A SPY, then it was changed to NOTHING IS FOREVER, before someone decided on Skyfall. Not sure who came up with what between the screenwriters, director and producers.

We need an agent to find one and spy the secrets within ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,920
    The Title:

Several films had alternate titles before the final one was settled on. SF for instance started out as ONCE UPON A SPY, then it was changed to NOTHING IS FOREVER, before someone decided on Skyfall. Not sure who came up with what between the screenwriters, director and producers.

Yes, I know those ones are real- but I don't think all the rumoured titles we hear are ones that the production actually have been using.
    I think with Skyfall it was Purvis and Wade who came up with it, wasn't it? I think I've heard them talking about coming up with the title.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,343
    The Title:

If I recall the story correctly from the Taschen book, SKYFALL was a name Logan came up with for Bond’s family mansion and P&W thought it would’ve worked as the title of the film as well.
    The Title:

Yes, I know those ones are real- but I don't think all the rumoured titles we hear are ones that the production actually have been using.
    I think with Skyfall it was Purvis and Wade who came up with it, wasn't it? I think I've heard them talking about coming up with the title.

I won’t ever forget GENOME OF A WOMAN lol.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    The Title:

Yes, it was them. Bond's childhood home name came first and then it was decided to name the film after it. That's how I recall it anyway.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    matt_u wrote: »
    The Title:

If I recall the story correctly from the Taschen book, SKYFALL was a name Logan came up with for Bond’s family mansion and P&W thought it would’ve worked as the title of the film as well.
    The Title:

Or WAVE_LINK.
    The Title:

The Title:

Or WAVE_LINK.

or Beyond the Ice
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    'Avatar' is the one which rang as very untrue even at the time.

The Title:

Aha; could be, yes.
  • MaxCasinoMaxCasino United States

The Title:

Aha; could be, yes.

What is the name of Taschen book again? I think I missed the title.
    MaxCasino wrote: »

The Title:

Aha; could be, yes.

What is the name of Taschen book again? I think I missed the title.

The JB Archives, the one that is getting a new edition complete with NTTD in November.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 820
    In Some Kind of Hero (which is a phenomenal book every Bond fan should own), Rob Wade says firsthand that he and Neal came up with Skyfall at the 11th hour before one of the MGM script deadlines, when the team had finally landed on a third act but they didn't have a name for the house just yet. So it was in the mix before Logan joined them. I don't have my copy handy, but I believe it was Rob specifically who thought of it.

"Once Upon a Spy" was the title of the Peter Morgan treatment, which was never quite a script. "Nothing is Forever" was a Neal and Rob title as well, for an earlier draft of what would eventually become Skyfall.

A Reason to Die for Bond 25 was much more than a rumor. I believe the MI6 site itself confirmed it was the title right up until the initial kickoff press conference, with a graphical treatment prepared and everything, until it was shelved at the last minute in the hopes of landing on something a bit stronger. Which, I think, they did -- though A Reason to Die would be pretty great, too (if a bit too similar to the Jack White/Alicia Keyes song.)