The Fantasy thread *Gameweek 29 deadline: Sat 16 Mar 13:30 UK time!*

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited September 2020 Posts: 23,104
    @Torgeirtrap
    I may as well post my team lol, I will do it once I get on my PC. The fact I am posting it suggests I will change tactics lol....
    Edited:
    SoftBlaringDoe-size_restricted.gif
    cnpt1WK.png

A very interesting team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! What are your thoughts on Bamford and the front three? Will he be a bench option only, or do you see yourself playing three strikers when fixtures are good for Leeds? I see we have more than a few players in common, with McCarthy (+Button), Alexander-Arnold, Vinagre, Salah, Soucek, Mitrovic. I'm also tempted by Pereira, but unsure yet if I want to start gameweek 1 with him in my team. That being said, Leicester are having injury issues. :-?

Bamford a bench option early days depending on fixtures, as KDB and Bruno come in the West Ham players will also be benched (maybe not Antonio I am banking on his recent form to continue) Bruno, KDB, TAA and Robertson I see as season keepers barring injury. I see TAA and Robertson more as wingers and I don't buy into what many channels are saying that Liverpool are not worth backing and will have a hangover, I think that is nonsense.

That seems like a good plan! I only have Soucek from West Ham in my current draft, and I think it might stay that way. I think the potential season keepers you mention will be the same for many – myself included. I might be tempted to get Sterling over KDB, but KDB is probably the safer option.

When it comes to Liverpool, I think they might continue the form they showed last season. It was really only after the league was won they started to make defensive errors. Not sure if I want to go for an Alexander-Arnold/Robertson double-up, as that will force me to make a few changes to my team – with no money in the bank. In a regular start to the season I would no doubt use all the funds available, but with the blank, I'd rather have some money to spend. Still a week to go though, so a lot might change!

I am aware that I am creating an issue with not being able to get a decent striker in short term if needed, I am likely to change this team as doubts are starting to creep in. Guaranteed one way or another I will likely hit my Wildcard by GW5.

Edited: Changed half of my team :)) It occurred to me it is going to be very difficult to have KDB and Salah, or KDB and Sterling without effecting attack. My changes have gone for a more balanced line up.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 17,241
    @Torgeirtrap
    I may as well post my team lol, I will do it once I get on my PC. The fact I am posting it suggests I will change tactics lol....
    Edited:
    SoftBlaringDoe-size_restricted.gif
    cnpt1WK.png

A very interesting team, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns! What are your thoughts on Bamford and the front three? Will he be a bench option only, or do you see yourself playing three strikers when fixtures are good for Leeds? I see we have more than a few players in common, with McCarthy (+Button), Alexander-Arnold, Vinagre, Salah, Soucek, Mitrovic. I'm also tempted by Pereira, but unsure yet if I want to start gameweek 1 with him in my team. That being said, Leicester are having injury issues. :-?

Bamford a bench option early days depending on fixtures, as KDB and Bruno come in the West Ham players will also be benched (maybe not Antonio I am banking on his recent form to continue) Bruno, KDB, TAA and Robertson I see as season keepers barring injury. I see TAA and Robertson more as wingers and I don't buy into what many channels are saying that Liverpool are not worth backing and will have a hangover, I think that is nonsense.

That seems like a good plan! I only have Soucek from West Ham in my current draft, and I think it might stay that way. I think the potential season keepers you mention will be the same for many – myself included. I might be tempted to get Sterling over KDB, but KDB is probably the safer option.

When it comes to Liverpool, I think they might continue the form they showed last season. It was really only after the league was won they started to make defensive errors. Not sure if I want to go for an Alexander-Arnold/Robertson double-up, as that will force me to make a few changes to my team – with no money in the bank. In a regular start to the season I would no doubt use all the funds available, but with the blank, I'd rather have some money to spend. Still a week to go though, so a lot might change!

I am aware that I am creating an issue with not being able to get a decent striker in short term if needed, I am likely to change this team as doubts are starting to creep in. Guaranteed one way or another I will likely hit my Wildcard by GW5.

I think most of us will hit the wildcard early. There are always so many uncertainties early on, and you're likely to want to jump on any trends and in-form players to avoid having to catch up.

The striker spots are difficult this season, I feel. I imagine Martial, Kane and Agüero will be scoring a good amount of goals. Vardy and Ings too for that matter, but other than that, it will be interesting to see where the striker points will come from. Aubameyang is now a midfielder, Lacazette can deliver a decent amount of goals, but he will share those goals with the other Arsenal players. I really wonder how Wolves losing Doherty will affect Jiménez, and the other teams I find hard to predict. I'm fairly sure Werner will be good value and a player to own this season – which is why he was one of the first players in for me. He also comes at a price you can easily upgrade and downgrade from.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I feel compelled to go with tried and trusted players early on, to be honest still not fully committed to my team selection its going to be close to the wire for me. Still think a few players will come in and also loan moves could change a lot with regards to my thinking.
    I feel compelled to go with tried and trusted players early on, to be honest still not fully committed to my team selection its going to be close to the wire for me. Still think a few players will come in and also loan moves could change a lot with regards to my thinking.

I'm thinking the same; it's easier to go with safe picks early on, as it will be the go-to solution for other managers as well. Once the league is well underway, it's easier to target lesser owned players. Kai Havertz's price has been revealed as 8.5. I'm really tempted by him and Ziyech at 8.0, but I don't think I can fit them into my team.

It will be interesting to follow the transfer window and the potential loan moves. With less than a week to go, it's probably unlikely to affect the team selections much for gameweek 1, but from gameweek 2 and onwards, it might.
    Chelsea new signing's are being hyped and they are good players though will they be great FPL assets not so sure, Werner or Pulisic for me if fit. Will Ziyech even start if Pulisic is fit? Chelsea will end up being Lamp Roulette lol

Edited: Right I have set up my team for GW2, two players I will transfer short term to get in GW1 players, think I am set, I had to have one premium striker for flexibility moving forward I am likely to go 433 for a while lol

I just noticed Button has gone to West Brom I wonder if he will get more game time there?
    Chelsea new signing's are being hyped and they are good players though will they be great FPL assets not so sure, Werner or Pulisic for me if fit. Will Ziyech even start if Pulisic is fit? Chelsea will end up being Lamp Roulette lol

I'm not sure, but I think he plans to start all of them? That will make Werner a really great option, I think.

Edit – from Fantasy Football Scout:
    Havertz spent most of the 2019/20 season deployed as a no. 10, also featuring on the right flank and at centre-forward at times. Given that Ziyech’s preferred position is on the right wing and Pulisic has been effective on the left, Lampard is expected to use the German behind his compatriot Werner.
    Edited: Right I have set up my team for GW2, two players I will transfer short term to get in GW1 players, think I am set, I had to have one premium striker for flexibility moving forward I am likely to go 433 for a while lol

I just noticed Button has gone to West Brom I wonder if he will get more game time there?
    I don't think flexibility is a must if the players you have or bring in can deliver. But it certainly makes things easier, as we don't know where the value and points will come from just yet. My biggest "fear" right now is that I'm playing two strikers, and that it won't be easy to get a third striker if we need to target the striker spots.

Interesting re. Button. If he gets playing time, then he's likely the 4.0 goalkeeper option to have. West Brom won't have the worst start either…

I'm not sure, but I think he plans to start all of them? That will make Werner a really great option, I think.

Havertz spent most of the 2019/20 season deployed as a no. 10, also featuring on the right flank and at centre-forward at times. Given that Ziyech’s preferred position is on the right wing and Pulisic has been effective on the left, Lampard is expected to use the German behind his compatriot Werner.

I don't think flexibility is a must if the players you have or bring in can deliver. But it certainly makes things easier, as we don't know where the value and points will come from just yet. My biggest "fear" right now is that I'm playing two strikers, and that it won't be easy to get a third striker if we need to target the striker spots.

Interesting re. Button. If he gets playing time, then he's likely the 4.0 goalkeeper option to have. West Brom won't have the worst start either…

It would appear the likes of Mount, Abraham and Hudson Odoi may get relegated to the bench.

I have completely changed my team again lol I got a bit obsessive with trying to have both KDB and Bruno I am going to have to choose one or the other if I stick with Salah or my team will be too unbalanced.

It would appear the likes of Mount, Abraham and Hudson Odoi may get relegated to the bench.

I have completely changed my team again lol I got a bit obsessive with trying to have both KDB and Bruno I am going to have to choose one or the other if I stick with Salah or my team will be too unbalanced.

There will be competition for those spots in the Chelsea starting eleven, that's for sure!

I think having both KDB and Bruno as well as Salah is possible. I have spots for all of them in my current draft (though with other players filling the KDB/Fernandes spots). The challenge is as you mention, to balance the squad around those premiums. I have £2.0 in the bank at the moment, but if I want to bring in Havertz for example, the funds won't stretch to have him, Salah, Fernandes and KDB.
    I'm currently looking at two potential drafts for gameweek 1. One with a lot of cash in the bank, and one which leaves me nothing to spare that looks better – but forces me to make a bold transfer in gameweek 2. :-?
    I'm currently looking at two potential drafts for gameweek 1. One with a lot of cash in the bank, and one with 0.0 that looks better – but forces me to make a bold transfer in gameweek 2. :-?

I don't have a clue what to do, decision time will be tomorrow for me as working at the weekend. I have a core group of players its just what I will do around them.
    I'm currently looking at two potential drafts for gameweek 1. One with a lot of cash in the bank, and one with 0.0 that looks better – but forces me to make a bold transfer in gameweek 2. :-?

I don't have a clue what to do, decision time will be tomorrow for me as working at the weekend. I have a core group of players its just what I will do around them.

I'm sort of in the same boat. In the draft where I have money to spare, the core structure is very settled – maybe too settled (in other words, boring). In that second draft, I won't have cash to spare – maybe 0.5 at most – and that limits my options as far as "non-core" players goes. The price points in the draft is also more difficult to navigate, but the upside is definitely there too. Difficult decisions!

I'm sort of in the same boat. In the draft where I have money to spare, the core structure is very settled – maybe too settled (in other words, boring). In that second draft, I won't have cash to spare – maybe 0.5 at most – and that limits my options as far as "non-core" players goes. The price points in the draft is also more difficult to navigate, but the upside is definitely there too. Difficult decisions!

I have made a decision not done it yet though going out all guns blazing for GW1 lol

I am going to get rid of the most irritating chip immediately.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    I'm in Back of the net!
    Good luck to all.... :)
    Welcome @007InAction I keep changing my mind with my team which is not good lol

I have made a decision not done it yet though going out all guns blazing for GW1 lol

The most irritating chip being…? I think all of them end up being irritating, haha!

Still tinkering with my team. Think I'm mostly settled, though I need to decide on a couple of defenders. Other than that, the difference between my two most recent drafts is two players.
    I'm in Back of the net!

Good luck to you as well! :-)

The most irritating chip being…? I think all of them end up being irritating, haha!

Still tinkering with my team. Think I'm mostly settled, though I need to decide on a couple of defenders. Other than that, the difference between my two most recent drafts is two players.
    I'm in Back of the net!

I cant decide as I am trying to create a team similar to last year though realistically for all of us with the price changes that just can not happen. This season is going to be very different with less high price assets in our squads. I need to change my approach lol
  • DeathToSpies84DeathToSpies84 Haydock, England
    What’s the name of the league? I’m just about to join.

I'm in Back of the net!

I cant decide as I am trying to create a team similar to last year though realistically for all of us with the price changes that just can not happen. This season is going to be very different with less high price assets in our squads. I need to change my approach lol

This is becoming increasingly obvious to me as well. I want to spread funds around a bit, so that it's easier to jump on any bandwagons or in-form players, but I can't do that owning three of Salah, Aubameyang, Fernandes, Sterling, De Bruyne etc (unless I'm going super cheap up front).

So I'm forced to look at that slightly cheaper bracket as well: Can you go Rashford/Greenwood instead of Fernandes? Is Salah really a must own? How soon do you need a City mid? These are the questions I need to find an answer to before the season starts, so that I can get the most out of the squad.

It's called Back of the net! – but you can use the league code sgqzjs to join, or auto join. :-)
    F

I'm in Back of the net!

This is becoming increasingly obvious to me as well. I want to spread funds around a bit, so that it's easier to jump on any bandwagons or in-form players, but I can't do that owning three of Salah, Aubameyang, Fernandes, Sterling, De Bruyne etc (unless I'm going super cheap up front).

So I'm forced to look at that slightly cheaper bracket as well: Can you go Rashford/Greenwood instead of Fernandes? Is Salah really a must own? How soon do you need a City mid? These are the questions I need to find an answer to before the season starts, so that I can get the most out of the squad.

It's called Back of the net! – but you can use the league code sgqzjs to join, or auto join. :-)

I’m in 😁 I’m EzePezeJapanEze

I'm in Back of the net!

My approach will be... can a,b and c get more points than x, y and z. Will Salah, Aubameyang and Suecek (29 million) get more points than Greenwood, Son and Rashford (26 million)
    ShockingSourIcelandichorse-size_restricted.gif
    F

I'm in Back of the net!

welcome to the league
    F

I'm in Back of the net!

Welcome! :-D

I'm in Back of the net!

My approach will be... can a,b and c get more points than x, y and z. Will Salah, Aubameyang and Suecek (29 million) get more points than Greenwood, Son and Rashford (26 million)

This gameweek, yes (haha!) – but over the season, that might be different.

Right now I have Aubameyang and (most likely) Salah locked into my team, along with Alexander-Arnold and Werner. That's about the only thing I'm pretty settled on. Aubameyang will be good for the first two fixtures at least, so that's one thing I won't have to think too much about. I'm slightly less certain about Salah though. Over the season he will no doubt be up there with the best, but pre-wildcard, could that money be spent elsewhere?
    F

I'm in Back of the net!

I'm in Back of the net!

Right now I have Aubameyang and (most likely) Salah locked into my team, along with Alexander-Arnold and Werner. That's about the only thing I'm pretty settled on. Aubameyang will be good for the first two fixtures at least, so that's one thing I won't have to think too much about. I'm slightly less certain about Salah though. Over the season he will no doubt be up there with the best, but pre-wildcard, could that money be spent elsewhere?

Going forward the problem will be price rises and with things already tight the likely hood of being priced out of moves will happen more often. I think now is the time to lock certain players in early. This is paper and pen time for me :))
    7d0c4e44d94f39477ae7a2544c105777.gif
    F

I'm in Back of the net!

I'm in Back of the net!

Going forward the problem will be price rises and with things already tight the likely hood of being priced out of moves will happen more often. I think now is the time to lock certain players in early. This is paper and pen time for me :))

Flexibility is key, I think. I tinkered with a potential third draft this morning, which I do like the look of. There are however a couple of spots in that team that prevents it from being the team I enter the season with though, and if I want to bring in Fernandes in gameweek 2, that forces me to drop one of Aubameyang or Salah.

But that raises two questions: Is Salah a must-own? And is Fernandes at the price the United asset to go for? He's on pens, which is a key reason to pick him, but could Rashford cover those points?
    F

I'm in Back of the net!

I'm in Back of the net!

Flexibility is key, I think. I tinkered with a potential third draft this morning, which I do like the look of. There are however a couple of spots in that team that prevents it from being the team I enter the season with though, and if I want to bring in Fernandes in gameweek 2, that forces me to drop one of Aubameyang or Salah.

But that raises two questions: Is Salah a must-own? And is Fernandes at the price the United asset to go for? He's on pens, which is a key reason to pick him, but could Rashford cover those points?

Rashford is a wait and see for me, at the restart something was not quite right whether it is due to recovering from back injury.

Not happy with any of my drafts, i may just do a bench boost then a Wildcard next GW.
    F

I'm in Back of the net!

I'm in Back of the net!

Rashford is a wait and see for me, at the restart something was not quite right whether it is due to recovering from back injury.

Not happy with any of my drafts, i may just do a bench boost then a Wildcard next GW.

I much prefer the safety of the ownership and potential penalties from Fernandes, but the price he comes at is very difficult to navigate around. I agree though, that Rashford might be a wait and see. Hm…

That's some heavy usage of chips early on! Are you sure that is a good idea? I've seen a few teams set up for a gameweek 2 wildcard, but none with aditional chips being played.

I'm on another draft now: it's not too far away from the one I did early after the relaunch, but the formation is different. I'm not too sure a formation change is worth it, but on the other hand it sorts out a few issues with the defence. With the cash in the bank, I should be only two transfers away from any player in the game, besides one team.
    Another option in the 6.0 bracket:

I'm in 👍

I've done a few £100 and £50 wagers in other leagues with friends and family, so I need to have a good season!!
    slyfox wrote: »
    I'm in 👍

I've done a few £100 and £50 wagers in other leagues with friends and family, so I need to have a good season!!

Great! :-)

I'm in one money league as well, but only had to make a £17 wager. We've set up a system with an overall winner price as well as monthly winners prices, so there's more opportunities to win something. A sports journalist was invited to join the same league yesterday, so I'm a bit nervous about the competition!
    Another option in the 6.0 bracket:

Welcome back, Michy 🦅🔴🔵