Official NTTD Poster Thread

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2020 Posts: 13,879
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 1
    hi guys! is there any textless poster of ana de armas in no time to die?
    she looks really gorgeous!
    this one https://www.cinematerial.com/movies/no-time-to-die-i2382320/p/rt8yjviz ?
    thank you very much!
    New poster....which reminds me of the classic posters with lots of explosion and detail. Something Eon ditched int he Craig era for minimalism (in fact, in lieu of Bond ditching the style, it's become the de facto Marvel poster in recent years). I like it a lot.....also get a proper look at the Noh mask.

However.....curious that out of the 4 posters of Bond for NTTD, only one has him holding a gun.

ER5iKouWsAA3-fn?format=jpg&name=large

That is awesome!!! =D> :-bd
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,416
    I discover there are three other posters avaible on bolcom, earlier only teaser.
    First one is Daniel Craig with gold background and 007 in blue. Sadley enough nobody whant those first two the credit April 2020 on it.

550x687.jpg

But this one i haven't seen before, not that great and there asking € 29,99 for each of them. Also there are in 70x50. 70 is the same as, but 50 is half of 70x100 of earlier standard of Brosnan posters. There claim it id canvas poster, don't know what there mean with that.

837x1200.jpg

799x1200.jpg
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,241
    M_Balje wrote: »
    I discover there are three other posters avaible on bolcom, earlier only teaser.
    First one is Daniel Craig with gold background and 007 in blue. Sadley enough nobody whant those first two the credit April 2020 on it.

550x687.jpg

But this one i haven't seen before, not that great and there asking € 29,99 for each of them. Also there are in 70x50. 70 is the same as, but 50 is half of 70x100 of earlier standard of Brosnan posters. There claim it id canvas poster, don't know what there mean with that.

837x1200.jpg

799x1200.jpg

These last two are fan made posters. Canvas posters are posters printed on a canvas fabric, which is then stretched across a hardwood frame. Like this:

2b388156e2f517aa23f5a33139dc66ed.jpg
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    About 58 years of Bondposters include NTTD

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Thanks for sharing the video @M_Balje.
    Can someone confirm that the TB poster in the video was an official one?? I've never seen it before and it isn't printed in the Bond poster book made for the 50th anniversary.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    New poster....which reminds me of the classic posters with lots of explosion and detail. Something Eon ditched int he Craig era for minimalism (in fact, in lieu of Bond ditching the style, it's become the de facto Marvel poster in recent years). I like it a lot.....also get a proper look at the Noh mask.

However.....curious that out of the 4 posters of Bond for NTTD, only one has him holding a gun.

ER5iKouWsAA3-fn?format=jpg&name=large

That is awesome!!! =D> :-bd

I like this poster. Sleek, elegant and tells the story. I was going to buy the De Armas stand alone poster. But I was put off, after I heard that she calls paps so that they can take pictures of her and Affleck before she goes out.

That's nothing a Bond woman would do. I might change my mind later.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    A new poster, and a new(!) trailer coming this thursday!NTTD_DIGTAL_1SHEET_ICONIC_TUX_OV-1000x1482.jpg
    Love it!!!!!
  • RyanRyan Canada
    The best poster so far. Simple, stylish, and screams Bond.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The new poster grew on me a bit more. Simple and stylish. It’s a quite similar to the Skyfall character posters.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    What's that absolutely micro text in between the hashtag and the Twitter address? Is that the full cast and crew listing? Is that a way of making this the final release poster or something?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Based on the background it looks like we will also get a banner version with the complete 007.
  • Here's the thing...the poster isn't great. It's actually kinda bad....as many have said, it's simple, lazy and uninspired. However, I think the marketing here is clear. They are trying to sell the fact that 'Bond is back.' They do not want it to be fussy or overly distinct. It's simply an exercise in reminding people that this film exists and it stars Daniel Craig as 007...........They have basically copy/pasted the SF design here. Why? because it's a simple and elegant poster that most importantly works. The name of the game isn't great art, it's selling tickets.

skyfall-movie-banner.jpg

Also, I know @antovolk and others may be unimpressed with the more obnoxious poster below. It's basically doing what Warner have been doing and keeping with the 'Only In Theatres' mantra:

Eg2JdTTUcAEQpKD?format=jpg&name=medium
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Here's the thing...the poster isn't great. It's actually kinda bad....

No it's not.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Love it. Sharp and stylish. Hopefully we’ll get a bunch of new theatrical posters by late October.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    What ever happened to the poster competition?
  • Ha... this is so Skyfall-like! I liked the Havana teal painted wall background more, especially with the sand-gold colour of the title against it. And Spectre also had colourful versions of its posters that I found worked well.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Here's the thing...the poster isn't great. It's actually kinda bad....as many have said, it's simple, lazy and uninspired. However, I think the marketing here is clear. They are trying to sell the fact that 'Bond is back.' They do not want it to be fussy or overly distinct. It's simply an exercise in reminding people that this film exists and it stars Daniel Craig as 007...........They have basically copy/pasted the SF design here. Why? because it's a simple and elegant poster that most importantly works. The name of the game isn't great art, it's selling tickets.

skyfall-movie-banner.jpg

Also, I know @antovolk and others may be unimpressed with the more obnoxious poster below. It's basically doing what Warner have been doing and keeping with the 'Only In Theatres' mantra:

Eg2JdTTUcAEQpKD?format=jpg&name=medium

That is so James Bond.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    What ever happened to the poster competition?

That finished a long time ago.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    I'm underwhelmed by this poster honestly. His pose looks very forced and static. The background is a 2 minute Photoshop exercise.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,665
    I like it. Quite classy. Classic even.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    As much as I liked the teal color scheme of the earlier posters, I think this is a far better shot of Craig than the initial teaser. With the PPK in hand there is something very classic looking about his pose.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,861
    I'm underwhelmed by this poster honestly. His pose looks very forced and static. The background is a 2 minute Photoshop exercise.

I don't think he's static; I think he's likely moving- just because, well you wouldn't pick that pose, would you?
    ggl007 wrote: »

I always wonder when he says 'my poster': does he design them as well as photograph them?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,018

6p92h3A.jpg
    vvxUqF0.jpg
    K2gB65Y.jpg
    H4OeH8m.jpg
    CwYqWTH.jpg
    Vg2sMv1.jpg
    Turning for the gun barrel?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,548
    I don't mind the poster design or the pose. The issue is the lighting on Craig, which looks rather artificial. I know a lot of people didn't like the teaser poster, with Bond in Cuba, but at least that had natural light and coloring. This just looks fake, almost as if DC is a wax figure. It's quite different than the SF poster posted above. In that one, at least, the characters seemed to be more in natural light, with proper shadowing across their faces.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I'd forgotten about this one:

ftjlyvy40nk41.jpg

This new poster ends off the sequence nicely! :D