The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

I didn't know there a pool down there.

Bond beats up a lot of people in this one.

Tiffany awaits Bond while he casually undresses in front of her. He does the same in front of Fatima in NSNA. I don't believe any of the other Bond actors ever had a scene quite like that.

I really like the balloon attendant's hairstyle. Old school all the way. Reminds me a little of Charles McGraw.
    Hertz Rent a Car.

Bond is testing out vehicles and wisely opts to go for a red mustang rather than the brownish whatever it was he was sitting in.
    I do love that red Mustang.

Been test driving used cars recently since my vehicle finally wore out.
    Actually, the engine was great and never once left me stranded. The harsh winters apparently rusted the frame from the body and hence is unsafe for the roads.

I thought I felt a wobbly sensation as I eased off the gas on the freeway. Then the brake warning light came on.

I was positive my mechanic was going to call and say " it's fixed. Come pick it up".

Instead he said........."uh...........yeah....................there's a little problem...................."
    LOL.

I wonder how hard it would be to find a little Citroen like Melina's? That way I could drive around and do the Roger Nod to people.

Meanwhile, 007 impersonates Klaus and annoys Metz.

One of my favorite scenes.

G section.

This is one Bond film I think Lowery got right for the Blu-ray.
    To me this does look close to the cinematic prints I've seen of the film.
    I think after the Moon Buggy bit the Mustang car chase is just the right length. Today it would probably go on another 5 minutes at least.
    Thumper and Bambi.

My favorite scene in the film.

Bond is getting his ass kicked.
    I actually like the oil rig climax compared to many of the later films.

All in all a fun viewing of DAF.
    QUANTUM OF SOLACE

The fight on the scaffolding is quite exhilarating, though the CGI bits to detract for me.
    I do love Craig's clothes in this film. He looks damn good throughout.
    I think I prefer Craig's hair in NTTD to this actually. Looks a little tighter.

Here we go.............Camille!

My favorite Craig era Bond girl.
    Bond spends too much time on his now outdated cell phone in this film.
    So do several other characters here.
    You'd think cell phones had just been invented.

I like Dominic Greene. He's an alright villain, reminds me of Klaus Maria Brandauer.
    However, I like Brandauer's Largo more.

Olga still remains my favorite Craig era Bond girl, and I fully expect her to keep that status even after I've seen NTTD.
    Bond steals a rather battered looking truck. I test drove a truck similar a few weeks ago.
    It needed a drive shaft, new seat belts and bunch of other stuff. I chose not to buy it.
    Elvis is my least favorite henchman. In fact, I think Truman-Lodge could probably kick Elvis' ass.
    It's getting boring watching all these characters looking at their flip phones.

I could have seen that for free just looking at the other audience members in the cinema during the screening of this film.

I love the bit of Bond confronting Vesper's boyfriend. Let him off easy.

Gunbarrel! YAY!

Underrated 007 epic!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited July 2020 Posts: 7,527
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    It's getting boring watching all these characters looking at their flip phones.

I could have seen that for free just looking at the other audience members in the cinema during the screening of this film.

:))

Agreed that QoS is an underrated epic.
    Bond's clothes in QOS: Good
    Bond's haircut: Bad
    Gunbarrel: Bad, and still wish it was at the beginning.
    Again weeks since I posted here...........

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE

I should be watching either TB or TWINE today to honor two Bondian birthdays: Adolfo Celi and Maria Grazia Cucinotta.
    However the desire to hear Barry's score for this one wins out.

Bond and Tiger hang out while 007 receives his first civilized bath.

AKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bond is so excited to see Aki as if he's known her for decades and hasn't seen her for years.

Teru Shimada was great as Bogart's war time buddy in TOKYO JOE.

I post that EVERY time I watch this one. I must adhere to the formula as predictable as it may be, especially when watching a Bond film written exclusively around the Bond formula.
    Karin Dor was an excellent Bond girl, IMO.

Back in the autumn of '86 I recorded YOLT off of an ABC SUNDAY NIGHT MOVIE airing. Oddly enough, that particular airing was fairly intact. Only a few brief shots cut.
    The transfer was well worn, but the color timing of this Blu-ray reminds me of that airing.

Here's the opening intro for that airing...........

The Little Nellie sequence excites me to this day. A wonderful action sequence accompanied by Barry's 007 theme segueing into the Bond theme.
    What a legend, Johnny Jordan.
    The pacing slows down slightly after Little Nellie. Some great Blofeld moments, though. Helga gets her's.

Wonderful Ken Adam iconic set. However, I must say the Supertanker in SPY remains my favorite set followed by Ft Knox.
    Bond in disguise. Connery looks like an idiot in this get up.
    Controversial opinion:
    I find Aki's death more moving and effective than Vesper's.
    Absolutely love the volcano finale, though the fight with Hans is pretty damn weak.

Still another fun viewing of this classic!
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Then it's a good disguise
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    marc wrote: »
    Then it's a good disguise

Ha! well said.
  • marcmarc Universal Exports
    Thanks! Might be offensive to Connery fans to say it isn't.
    In TND, Bond waiting for someone to come for him, drinking and keeping his gun beside him, is a really sad, brilliant small moment I love.
    Also a nice small moment I love is Carver sitting by himself after Paris leaves Bond. Creepy and brooding. My appreciation for Carver as a villain has gone up significantly over time.
    The laugh Brosnan does after the tires inflate is priceless every time!
    The great naval suit returns! And a welcome appearance from Jack Wade!
    “You really are quite insane.”

Love that casual, dry delivery!