No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »
    echo wrote: »

Listening to all of them isn't that useful when they all contradict each other and even themselves.

Science, as much as we want it be, isn't an exact science. That's why we get second opinions from doctors.
    This is like getting 100 second opinions.
    They aren't unanimous, so your solution is to ignore them all?
    Nice strawman, I want to play this game too. So your solution is to read what your farmer cousin typed on Facebook?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Listening to all of them isn't that useful when they all contradict each other and even themselves.

Science, as much as we want it be, isn't an exact science. That's why we get second opinions from doctors.
    Nice strawman, I want to play this game too. So your solution is to read what your farmer cousin typed on Facebook?

I think "farmer cousin" and "educated doctor" might be a false dichotomy.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Some of my farmer cousins are incredibly smart people!
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,518

Hey, no one said farming was easy!

@Walecs maybe I misunderstood your point; @Thunderfinger said basically to due diligence for where you get your info (I believe); is that what you were saying?
    TripAces wrote: »
    FYI: there is a separate thread for discussing the pandemic.

This always seems to happen when there's no news. :P
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    This is quite fun, remember when the new 007 film was PC-gone-mad?

I’m sure no one, lest of all the exact same newspaper, would be peddling the same angle 25 years later... would they?
    :D
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    mtm wrote: »

I’m sure no one, lest of all the exact same newspaper, would be peddling the same angle 25 years later... would they?

The papers are always about disaster. Remember when they reported that Halle Berry had lost an eye during filming of DAD? (She had gotten something in her eye.)

Hey, no one said farming was easy!

@Walecs maybe I misunderstood your point; @Thunderfinger said basically to due diligence for where you get your info (I believe); is that what you were saying?
    TripAces wrote: »
    FYI: there is a separate thread for discussing the pandemic.

This always seems to happen when there's no news. :P

What I meant is that you can't just blindly listen to "all of them". Certain scientists claim that Covid is not dangerous at all, others claim that we're all gonna die no matter how strong and healthy we are, and others claim that some are going to die. How am I supposed to listen to all of them (those are echo's words) if they all say different things?

As for science not being an exact science, yeah, I'm not going to disagree with that (obviously different discoveries are made everyday). However some famous and renowned scientists made their claims and added that they were 100% certain of what they were saying (and then they said the opposite of that and even denied that they had made a mistakes).
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited June 2020 Posts: 469

The papers are always about disaster. Remember when they reported that Halle Berry had lost an eye during filming of DAD? (She had gotten something in her eye.)

it's infinitely fun watching clearly misinformed DM articles ruffle the feathers of certain Bond fans and watching the resulting 'Bond is dead!!!!!' videos

I can't even imagine what the internet would have been like at various points in the history of this franchise. It's something I try and think consciously about whenever things in fandom seem a little too crazy now.

"Retcon makes Dr. No part of SPECTRE!"

"Perfect 'From Russia with Love' plot ruined, now From Spectre with Scheming!"

"You Only Live Twice takes place in space???"

"Goldeneye isn't even slightly based on a book!!!"

"Daniel Craig is not B-" oh wait the internet was here and that garbage one actually did happen.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    There’s no news... like bad news.

I remember even as a teenager, amongst my friends, considering TND the weakest of the Brosnan films.

Now, I think it might be the cleverest and is easily the most prescient.

I'm far less existentially afraid of nuclear weapons and diamond space lasers today than I am of what that film's villainy represents.
    AgentM72 wrote: »

I remember even as a teenager, amongst my friends, considering TND the weakest of the Brosnan films.

I'm far less existentially afraid of nuclear weapons and diamond space lasers today than I am of what that film's villainy represents.

+1. In my opinion the first two acts of TND are excellent. Unfortunately the third act is a bit bland and not really engaging, just like the other films in Brosnan's era, though it's still watchable.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,861

Yeah I’m exactly the same. It seemed ridiculous at the time but I’ve slowly come to realise it’s actually a rather great idea. And not even because things have obviously been going that way, but because they actually started that way with Hearst and all that, and that’s even referenced in the film.

But thank heavens they wouldn’t try to stir up discontent about a black woman appearing in the new film, and then dare to ask on their front page last week ‘what has happened to Britain’s tolerant society?’. Scumbags. At least Carver didn’t deny it.

I wonder if a future Bond film will ever deal with a corrupt billionaire lying his way into running a major country and trying to turn it into a dictatorship? I know Kananga was PM of his country, but something a bit bigger maybe...
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    ...and as a nod to the original script for Dr. No, it will be revealed he has the brains of a chimp.
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    TND is Brosnan’s QOS — perhaps boring upon initial consideration, but a highly relevant and potentially realistic premise when you stop and think. Also, it’s among the more brutal/violent entries, and, along with QOS, criminally underrated.
    I know this is the NTTD thread, but I also want to just say TND has aged exceptionally well and has benefitted from time perhaps more than any other Bond film - at least of the recent ones. It used to be one of my absolute least favorites, and the news theme didn’t really sink in for me, but as times changed it really, really works. The third act is weak but the rest of it is pretty strong Bond material. I’m wondering if / how NTTD will use any relevant themes, without getting too political.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 820
    I think NTTD has the potential to be one of the most thematically resonant Bonds we've seen in quite some time -- and that's maybe saying something, because all the Craig films have made superhuman efforts to pursue exactly that. And have all done it exceptionally well, IMO.

CR: Post-9/11 climate, following the purse strings, Bond coming to terms with the "bigger picture" and understanding how the world really works, beyond himself and his own pain.

QoS: The monopolization of resources by big business and eventual downstream social effects of their scarcity (whoo-boy, even more relevant now).

SF: The redundancy of the analog world vs. the utterly terrifying levels of power brought on by the digital revolution, humanity's place in that change.

SP: The power-shifting influence of mass surveillance capabilities and the inseparable effect data-driven realities will have on our lives moving forward, also the foster brother you once briefly knew is now your defining supervillain ha jeez what are the odds
    also the foster brother you once briefly knew is now your defining supervillain ha jeez what are the odds

:)) :))

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited June 2020 Posts: 469
    also the foster brother you once briefly knew is now your defining supervillain ha jeez what are the odds

:)) :))

Solid Snake and Austin Powers: :)) :)) :)) :))
    The scene where swann swims in the cave of poetry from where does is it taken from?
    i ve not seen it in the original trailers..
    and not even the one where she is lying on the bed in a hotel in Italy ..
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    pattabra wrote: »
    The scene where swann swims in the cave of poetry from where does is it taken from?
    i ve not seen it in the original trailers..
    and not even the one where she is lying on the bed in a hotel in Italy ..

From the tv-spots.

Filmed at Cala Tunnara bath, Maratea, Italy

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cala+Tunnara/@39.9911905,15.7016764,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x133ed96e51687d47:0x9a0518a3e2af00c7!8m2!3d39.9911877!4d15.7031831
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    With the arrival of a new bond film soon, don't you think we would get a 4k rerelease of all the films? When the film was delayed a month out there was no sign of one which his curious to me.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 12,243
    With the arrival of a new bond film soon, don't you think we would get a 4k rerelease of all the films? When the film was delayed a month out there was no sign of one which his curious to me.

IMO it’d be preferable to just wait for this until NTTD comes out as a home release, especially since it would feel like a very complete package with every Connery-Craig film. Individual releases of course now wouldn’t be a bad idea - I am referring to the idea of a box set.
    Well, this thread needs to be retitled. Is there anywhere else we can get news on NTTD's progress?
    Cinemas can open in England from 4th July!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    delfloria wrote: »
    Well, this thread needs to be retitled. Is there anywhere else we can get news on NTTD's progress?

Nope. Unless you fancy rummaging through Twitter.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

they should put out audience favorite bond films like CR, SF, GF,... in order to get people in the bond mood and entice the public back to the cinema.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think it’s too soon.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think it’s too soon.

Hospitality needs a chance to reopen - jobs and whole businesses are at risk.

they should put out audience favorite bond films like CR, SF, GF,... in order to get people in the bond mood and entice the public back to the cinema.

I could get behind that!