Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    We’ve been discussing it for over six hundred pages... there’s bound to be a joke or two. Don’t let it get to you.

Most of the discussions here are just reruns.

That too.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,869
    We’ve been discussing it for over six hundred pages... there’s bound to be a joke or two. Don’t let it get to you.
    That's true. Been one of those days though; hard to haha :D
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    Anybody popcorn?
    431ddce25175b359829540ef52821a66.jpg
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    edited June 2020 Posts: 739
    One thing Bond fans are brutally aware of is that, like it or not, jokes will happen.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    No-ones gonna stop suggesting someone because of what someone else says. I learnt that the hard way with Aidan Turner. If you wanna talk about someone else; introduce someone else... that simple.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    No-ones gonna stop suggesting someone because of what someone else says. I learnt that the hard way with Aidan Turner. If you wanna talk about someone else; introduce someone else... that simple.

Hear hear!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,990
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I somehow don't see Pattinson as Bond. Not saying he absolutely couldn't do it, I just can't picture him. Let's see how he fares as Batman.
    However,I do feel there have been far worse potential candidates named.

Funnily enough I can sort of see him in the mould of the 50s style of Bond a bit more: he's got a bit of a loucheness to him and there's a bit of coldness too. If they were doing a period Bond movie I could see him in it very easily somehow. I don't know if he can be requisitely tough: as you say, I guess we'll find out with Batman.

I've not really thought about it before because I have lost interest in Batman almost totally, but he is a very leftfield choice isn't he? I wonder where that's going.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    mtm wrote: »
    I somehow don't see Pattinson as Bond. Not saying he absolutely couldn't do it, I just can't picture him. Let's see how he fares as Batman.

Funnily enough I can sort of see him in the mould of the 50s style of Bond a bit more: he's got a bit of a loucheness to him and there's a bit of coldness too. If they were doing a period Bond movie I could see him in it very easily somehow. I don't know if he can be requisitely tough: as you say, I guess we'll find out with Batman.

I've not really thought about it before because I have lost interest in Batman almost totally, but he is a very leftfield choice isn't he? I wonder where that's going.
    For me, he would've been a great Bond and he definitely is a left field choice (for anything tbh) but at the same time when I heard the news, it made so much sense to me. I think has the potential to do what Craig did for Bond in all honesty, but to keep it on topic, he would've been a really interesting Bond, and I think he would've been a call back to the more classy era of Bond, but also would offer something new and different - from Craig especially.

Also here's an interview with him talking about The Batman briefly if you're interested @mtm

Everyone should also watch The Lighthouse if they haven't.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Thanks, great. Yeah I've been meaning to try the Lighthouse but this hasn't felt the best of times for it, if you know what I mean! :)

The more I think about it he does actually seem one of the better fits for Bond out there right now: I'd kind of dismissed him as too pretty but I hadn't really thought about him properly. I imagine Tenet will bring him onto a lot of folks' radar (even though I realise his role in that doesn't look very Bond at all).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Thanks, great. Yeah I've been meaning to try the Lighthouse but this hasn't felt the best of times for it, if you know what I mean! :)

The more I think about it he does actually seem one of the better fits for Bond out there right now: I'd kind of dismissed him as too pretty but I hadn't really thought about him properly. I imagine Tenet will bring him onto a lot of folks' radar (even though I realise his role in that doesn't look very Bond at all).
    I understand; whenever you can watch it will be worth it anyway @mtm :)
    ...and definitely; it's just a shame he's already Bruce Wayne, but to be honest, it's why I mention Aaron Taylor-Johnson so much. I know his voice is not the greatest, but he's an actor. Either way, I mention him because I believe he could be a good alternative to Pattinson. He'll also get to prove himself in Tenet (already looking badass in that by the way) and he has quite the varied filmography.

A 50's period piece Bond film with Pattinson...........yeah. I could get into that idea.

I'd like to see Pattinson in a period piece, actually if he hasn't done something already.

Apparently the tone for the new Batman movie is supposed to be very old school film noir, which I absolutely love. Then again some may argue most post '60's Batman movies homage noir in some way or another. I don't really follow Batman much anymore either, or any of the DC films for that matter. But this could end up being quite good.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    aidan-turner-on-the-set-of-and-then-there-were-none-a-kynance-cove-on-picture-id1173338966?s=2048x2048

/Thread

The best suggestion for many many pages.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's the same suggestion as on every page..?
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    It's the same suggestion as on every page..?

Like the other 15 names that get rehashed on every page?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yup! :)
    Who got the most votes in the poll?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Who got the most votes in the poll?
    Aidan - but in reality, this probably works against him. To me, it won’t be long before he becomes the Clive Owen of modern James Bond casting.
    Murdock wrote: »
    My pick.
    yOZEk9J.gif

I would be fine with it
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Luke Pasqualino? He's currently 30 years old. British (with Italian descent)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3297698/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

ourgirl0111.jpg
    nintchdbpict000266332041.jpg
    aberm612-e1480346657428.jpg
    My pick.
    yOZEk9J.gif

He can't act though.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Luke Pasqualino? He's currently 30 years old. British (with Italian descent)

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3297698/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

ourgirl0111.jpg
    nintchdbpict000266332041.jpg
    aberm612-e1480346657428.jpg

But he actually looks very Italian? It’s like casting Hugh Grant as Micheal Corleone.
    M_Blaise wrote: »
    My pick.
    yOZEk9J.gif

He can't act though.

He’s a much better actor than the likes of Dornan or Pattinson.

But admittedly, I’d want a better actor in the role. The Brosnan days are long gone.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 6,677
    suavejmf wrote: »
    My pick.
    yOZEk9J.gif

He can't act though.

Oy, I don't like Pattinson as a Bond candidate, but he his miles ahead of Cavill in the acting department, just check The Lighthouse or The Lost city of Z, or Cosmopolis, my friend, that'll suffice to change your opinion (although he has his couple of bad films and roles, very bad indeed). As for Dornan, you're absolutely right ;)
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Univex wrote: »
    My pick.
    yOZEk9J.gif

He can't act though.

Oy, I don't like Pattinson as a Bond candidate, but he his miles ahead of Cavill in the acting department, just check The Lighthouse, my friend, that'll suffice to change your opinion. As for Dornan, you're absolutely right ;)
    I completely agree @Univex! The Lighthouse is incredible, and Pattinson does an amazing job in that film - although I would've liked to have seen him be considered for Bond in a few years, but that's not gonna happen now with The Batman :)
    My pick.
    yOZEk9J.gif

He can't act though.

But admittedly, I’d want a better actor in the role. The Brosnan days are long gone.

Unfortunately…
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,526
    As far as acting goes it’s probably something like
    1) Pattinson
    2) Cavill

3) Dornan
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Poor Jamie Dornan - he's been good in plenty of things. To see him dismissed as an actor is a bit unfair, I think. Has nobody seen The Fall, Anthropoid, The Siege Of Jadotville?
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    Anthropoid is a fantastic film and Dornan is very good in it. I'm hoping there's a breakout Bond candidate at some point, as no one on here really excites me the way Craig did in Layer Cake. He just had everything it takes to be a great Bond. And please not Callum Turner. He looks like a cross between Roland Rat, Dobby The House Elf, and The FA Cup.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    My pick.
    yOZEk9J.gif

He can't act though.

Better than Pattinson? No, he's really not.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Anthropoid is a fantastic film and Dornan is very good in it. I'm hoping there's a breakout Bond candidate at some point, as no one on here really excites me the way Craig did in Layer Cake. He just had everything it takes to be a great Bond. And please not Callum Turner. He looks like a cross between Roland Rat, Dobby The House Elf, and The FA Cup.

=))

Thank God he became an actor and not a professional criminal, because that would be one hell of a description to hear on the police bandwidth.