Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @boldfinger @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe

This looks badass:

boldfinger wrote: »
    Has there ever be a better combination of words than "Russell Crowe" and "Unhinged" :-)?

It's about time Russell Crowe entered the guilty-pleasure genre shlock phase of his career! I'd love to see him face off against Nic Cage in a film.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Has there ever be a better combination of words than "Russell Crowe" and "Unhinged" :-)?

It's about time Russell Crowe entered the guilty-pleasure genre shlock phase of his career! I'd love to see him face off against Nic Cage in a film.

Very good pun @GeneralGogol. ;-)
    Danny Boyle will direct Michael B Jordan in Methuselah.

The original concept for the film, from Warner Bros., was based on the Biblical story of a man who lived to be 969 years old. But sources say that has changed, and the creative team is taking a new approach with the plot.

Warner Bros. considers the project, which originally had Tom Cruise attached to star, as a high priority with the potential to spark a franchise. Following the success of the “Creed” franchise, Warner Bros. has been looking for more properties for Jordan, and this long-in-development movie seemed perfect for all parties.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/danny-boyle-methuselah-michael-b-jordan-1234607926/
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Streaming, though.

SCOOB! (2020)
    Phil Lord & Chris Miller will direct Ryan Gosling in the film adaptation of Project Hail Mary, from author Andy Weir (The Martian).

A solitary tale of an astronaut on a space ship who is tasked with saving the planet.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/phil-lord-chris-miller-ryan-gosling-astronaut-movie-1234607851/
    Yep, I´ll have one, please!

:-))

edited May 2020 Posts: 15,686
    First trailer for Spike Lee's new film:

First trailer for Force of Nature, starring Emile Hirsch and Mel Gibson:

On the title capture of that youtube clip Gibson looks like Connery´s brother.
    Steven Soderbergh announces his cast for his crime drama Kill Switch: Don Cheadle, Sebastian Stan, Jon Hamm, Benicio del Toro, Ray Liotta, Amy Seimetz, Frankie Shaw and George Clooney

https://theplaylist.net/steven-soderbergh-sex-lies-sequel-20200519/

----

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Looks quite cheesy and formulaic but I love Theron and will relish an opportunity to see her fight again while I (hopefully) await a sequel to Atomic Blonde.
    @Creasy47 @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @boldfinger

Joe Carnahan's Boss Level, starring Frank Grillo and Mel Gibson, finally screened for critics/selected general audience. And it is getting a positive buzz.

#BossLevel is a timeloop movie on crack, FFwding through the traditional Groundhog Day approach to the point where our hero has developed a God-level mastery over his world. Loses some of the fun of timeloop discovery, but its a lean, messy but fun, B-action film in the best way.

t’s Groundhog Day if it starred Frank Grillo learning to become a better and better warrior in order to save his family and the world. High energy, awesome action, great twists and a huge heart. Carnahan crushed it.

Just caught an early screening of Joe Carnahan’s #BossLevel and it’s a damn good time. Think GROUNDHOG DAY meets SMOKIN’ ACES - a badass time-loop action film starring Frank Grillo as a guy trying to get through a day when all kinds of wild maniacs are trying to kill him. What I loved most about #BossLevel wasn’t the time loop aspect, necessarily, but that the film is also a love letter to the old side-scrolling arcade games like Double Dragon and Street Fighter. As someone who grew up playing those games, this film was a real treat.

I saw Joe Carnahan's BOSS LEVEL and that movie is gonna friggin ' PLAY. (Perfect for a @SXSW drop if they're looking.) Tightly structured riff in the GROUNDHOG DAY/EDGE OF TOMORROW vein with a magnetic Frank Grillo front and center.

Screening for “Boss Level” an awesome action packed movie. Directed by Joe Carnahan starring Frank Grillo and Mel Gibson. Such a fun spin on the Groundhog Day formula. Definite addition to the action Sci-fi genre. Great job. No spoilers but this movie has some great twists and turns and amazing action.

Thanks to #colliderscreenings I got to see the upcoming movie #bosslevel by #joecarnahan starring #FrankGrillo and it was totally great! Nothing like seeing an insanely awesome movie completely cold. Highly recommended... in a few months.

Caught an early screening of #BossLevel and it was a great (is time-loop a genre?) time-loop action movie with heart. Definitely worth catching on a big screen.

Thanks to #colliderscreenings we got to see #BossLevel the most insane and best action film of the year way in advance of its release date. Spectacular set pieces & such a cool high concept.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 5,767
    I like the last comment most: "most insane and best action film of the year, spectacular set pieces" :-).
    Only "a cool high concept" sounds uninteresting.
    BLOOD QUANTUM. Shudder Streaming.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    BLOOD QUANTUM. Shudder Streaming.

The new normal.
    First image of Robert Pattinson in Waiting for the Barbarians:

suuotej6ay051.jpg

The Magistrate of an isolated frontier settlement on the border of an unnamed empire looks forward to an easy retirement until the arrival of Colonel Joll, whose task it is to report on the activities of the 'barbarians' and on the security situation on the border. Joll conducts a series of ruthless interrogations, which leads the Magistrate to question his loyalty to the empire.

Also starring: Mark Rylance and Johnny Depp.

Directed by: Ciro Guerra ('Embrace of the Serpent', 'Birds of Passage').

----

khr6x6epbx051-1.png
    edited June 2020 Posts: 15,686
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is officially in the works.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/sonic-the-hedgehog-sequel-1234619356/

----

Universal are nearing a decision on who will direct Wolfman, with Ryan Gosling in the titular role.

It’s unknown what the new take on “Wolfman” will look like, though it is believed to be set in present times and in the vein of Jake Gyllenhaal’s thriller “Nightcrawler,” with an obvious supernatural twist.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/ryan-gosling-wolfman-movie-universal-1203426491/

----

First trailer for the South Korean action/crime/thriller Deliver Us From Evil, directed by the writer of 'The Chaser' & 'The Yellow Sea':

----

First poster for the crime/thriller film Hammer:

6mtw9e3st4y41.jpg

A father faces a personal crisis when he finds his son fleeing a botched drug deal. The two men embark on a violent odyssey.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    giphy.gif
    Looks like some good, cheesy fun. Looking forward to it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Lee. Bruce Lee.
    @Creasy47 @DarthDimi @MajorDSmythe @boldfinger @Shardlake
    First trailer for Spike Lee's new film:

The reviews for Spike Lee's Da 5 Bloods have arrived, and the film is getting universal acclaim.

Fierce energy and ambition course through Da 5 Bloods, coming together to fuel one of Spike Lee's most urgent and impactful films.

Lee has crafted an exciting, violent film that can be enjoyed as strictly that, but what elevates it to greatness is what it says and what it shows about the perception of Blackness, whether in heroic situations or human ones.

Spike Lee's game-changing Vietnam epic lobs a grenade at systemic racism that speaks to black history from slavery to George Floyd. Lee has made more than a soul-stirring film for our time. He's made one for the ages.

Not willing to settle down or hold back on ambition, Da 5 Bloods finds Lee operating on all his high functioning levels.

Da 5 Bloods works on a number of levels; as a war movie, a buddy film, and a treasure-hunting adventure ala The Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

A must-see, featuring a career-best performance from Delroy Lindo.

Though featuring a lengthy runtime, Da 5 Bloods keeps itself together with a speed that manages to feel relentless while also fixating on the important details. Like all of Spike's movies, it tends to play like a buffet with a lot of flavors.

This is a lobbed grenade. But it’s also personal filmmaking at its prodding, profound best. This is a Spike Lee joint and a Spike Lee history lesson. Prepare to be schooled.

Director Lee and the team of writers have created an immersive, violent and sometimes shocking tapestry that plays out like “Deer Hunter” meets “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre”.

The film will be released on Netflix this Friday, June 12th.

----

Lee. Bruce Lee.

I liked that, that was cool
    edited June 2020 Posts: 40,370
    Speaking of Bruce Lee, the Criterion Collection is doing a five film box set of his greatest hits on blu-ray. Comes out in mid-July. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

265461_large.jpg?t=1586800917
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Speaking of Bruce Lee, the Criterion Collection is doing a five film box set of his greatest hits on blu-ray. Comes out in mid-July. I'm looking forward to checking it out.

265461_large.jpg?t=1586800917

811zQ6O03rL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    I have the above Bluray Boxset taken from 4K masters (excluding Enter the Dragon). It will be interesting to see what is in the Criterion Collection.