No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

Anyone seen this? LOL....Cringeworthy.
  • Agent_OneAgent_One Ireland
    edited May 2020 Posts: 280
    @mtm I feel like it's somewhat unfair to say people who criticise some of Craig's films only like the 60s-70s entries. @FatherValentine has already said he's a fan of CR.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Agent_One wrote: »
    @mtm I feel like it's somewhat unfair to say people who criticise some of Craig's films only like the 60s-70s entries. @FatherValentine has already said he's a fan of CR.

I am very much a fan of CR. I have also made it clear I think Daniel Craig has given his all to the role and taken it seriously. In many ways he has been a credit to the character.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I like Craig's Bond. although, I would have still preferred standalone adventures from his era. Coz apart from every film closing it's own chapter, we would have had a plethora of new characters for each installment, without links to the previous installment. if NTTD wasn't SP's sequel, we won't have had Blofeld & Madeleine again....and maybe someone like Paloma would have been the lead Bond girl & Safin's motive would have been completely different.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

I am very much a fan of CR. I have also made it clear I think Daniel Craig has given his all to the role and taken it seriously. In many ways he has been a credit to the character.

Indeed, just like Lazenby, Brosnan and the others before him.
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England

Agreed. All have their merits.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited May 2020 Posts: 7,527
    mtm wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Screencaps: Scotland location, second unit and stunt crew

Thanks Contra, surprised no-one seems interested in this..?
    Wax4PNd.jpg

This is the one that interests me: they don't usually put those stunt driver rigs on top of cars for just standard driving scenes, do they? They're there for stunt driving, which suggests the V8 sees a bit of action. I'm not sure there was any hint of that before, was there?

(Not much clearance on those wheelarches either! :) Have they lowered them?)

There was the high-speed driving on the Atlantic Road. I imagine whatever action the V8 sees happens somewhere in that sequence, either before or after the shots they filmed on the AR.

It was just crushing on the Atlantic road in the helicopter bits we saw at the time. This Scotland stuff is all doubling for Norway so it looks like things presumably get a bit hairier for it while it’s there.

Indeed, but there was more happening there than what we saw at the time, I believe – not just A to B driving. One article mentioned that they did a test stunt on a closed track the day before they started shooting on the Atlantic Road, where the Toyota was seen overtaking the Aston, and the Range Rovers doing some high-speed bits. I imagine whatever happens in that sequence progresses in danger from the AR shots to what they filmed in Scotland.

Didn't we read somewhere, that the bridge got a bit damaged and left with heavy black line while performing the stunts.

Funnily enough I think the problem with that is that’s how they found the road when they arrived! Some sort of car club had been having fun there I think...?

Wax4PNd.jpg

This is the one that interests me: they don't usually put those stunt driver rigs on top of cars for just standard driving scenes, do they? They're there for stunt driving, which suggests the V8 sees a bit of action. I'm not sure there was any hint of that before, was there?

There was the high-speed driving on the Atlantic Road. I imagine whatever action the V8 sees happens somewhere in that sequence, either before or after the shots they filmed on the AR.

It was just crushing on the Atlantic road in the helicopter bits we saw at the time. This Scotland stuff is all doubling for Norway so it looks like things presumably get a bit hairier for it while it’s there.

Indeed, but there was more happening there than what we saw at the time, I believe – not just A to B driving. One article mentioned that they did a test stunt on a closed track the day before they started shooting on the Atlantic Road, where the Toyota was seen overtaking the Aston, and the Range Rovers doing some high-speed bits. I imagine whatever happens in that sequence progresses in danger from the AR shots to what they filmed in Scotland.

Yes it’ll be interesting to see how he gets from the Aston to the Toyota. It certainly looks like a lot of fun to have a fully off road car chase though. I can’t remember seeing that in anything before.

Thanks, didn't knew that bond crew wasn't responsible for that. I think this was the article that i read when they were filming.
    https://gtspirit.com/2019/06/05/bond-25-james-bond-filming-norway-disrupted-bmw-club/
    Sciarras plot in Mexico City was to blow up the stadium full of people, which Bond prevents by exploding the device in the building while listening in on Sciarras conversation. Bond says to M at their meeting, “better a city block than a stadium full of people”.

It’s interesting your position on CR, because one way to look at it is that he fails that mission; Mr. White ends up with the money he’s been sent to keep out of the hands of terrorism.

I have seen Man of Steel but I don’t remember it well as it’s been awhile; you may very well be 100% correct.

Another interesting thing to note is bond already destroyed that briefcase so those spectre agents cannot explode that stadium anymore. Although what would someone like bond would have done, he isn't someone who would let those bad guys get away even if they can't harm anyone at that moment.

Bond was sent to explicitly to kill Marco Sciarra (and not miss the funeral). He tracked him to Mexico City (as he explains to Moneypenny). The stadium explosion plot would have been something Bond stumbled onto. Therefore, when he destroyed the briefcase, he prevented the stadium explosion, yes, but he hadn't completed his 'mission' from dead-M.
    Re; SPECTRE. If Blofeld loves tormenting Bond instead of just killing him, why does Hinx try to kill Bond during the Rome chase or on the train? That aside, with the possible new release time for NTTD, will EON move ahead with #26 development and preproduction or will we be looking at another 6 year or longer gap?
    delfloria wrote: »
    Re; SPECTRE. If Blofeld loves tormenting Bond instead of just killing him, why does Hinx try to kill Bond during the Rome chase or on the train? That aside, with the possible new release time for NTTD, will EON move ahead with #26 development and preproduction or will we be looking at another 6 year or longer gap?

I've thought about this as well, and it occurs a lot throughout the franchise I think (henchmen try and kill Bond/villains put Bond in deadly situations, but ultimately villain wants to meet with and show off to Bond), and the best way I can figure it is Blofeld is putting Bond through 'trials'; if Hinx is able to kill him in Rome, or on the train, then he isn't worth meeting after all. If he is able to defeat Hinx, then I welcome him into my presence as a formidable opponent. Something like that.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 4,247

I've thought about this as well, and it occurs a lot throughout the franchise I think (henchmen try and kill Bond/villains put Bond in deadly situations, but ultimately villain wants to meet with and show off to Bond), and the best way I can figure it is Blofeld is putting Bond through 'trials'; if Hinx is able to kill him in Rome, or on the train, then he isn't worth meeting after all. If he is able to defeat Hinx, then I welcome him into my presence as a formidable opponent. Something like that.

Yeah, explains why Dr.No couldn't wait till dinner to see Bond....instead, he walks up to a sleeping Bond to see if he's HUMAN, since all his assassination attempts on Bond failed.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Wax4PNd.jpg

Didn't we read somewhere, that the bridge got a bit damaged and left with heavy black line while performing the stunts.

Funnily enough I think the problem with that is that’s how they found the road when they arrived! Some sort of car club had been having fun there I think...?

Wax4PNd.jpg

Yes it’ll be interesting to see how he gets from the Aston to the Toyota. It certainly looks like a lot of fun to have a fully off road car chase though. I can’t remember seeing that in anything before.

Thanks, didn't knew that bond crew wasn't responsible for that. I think this was the article that i read when they were filming.
    https://gtspirit.com/2019/06/05/bond-25-james-bond-filming-norway-disrupted-bmw-club/

Ha! Yes that's the one, thanks. I know it'll cost money but you'd think it wouldn't be too hard to CG out some tyremarks? Presuambly they have to do that in the Matera chase what with all the sliding about.

Could be, post production CG can be heavily involved in this film as they haven't shot much outside studio and even built two big sets possibly for Cuba and saffin's lair.

Wax4PNd.jpg

Wax4PNd.jpg

Sciarras plot in Mexico City was to blow up the stadium full of people, which Bond prevents by exploding the device in the building while listening in on Sciarras conversation. Bond says to M at their meeting, “better a city block than a stadium full of people”.

It’s interesting your position on CR, because one way to look at it is that he fails that mission; Mr. White ends up with the money he’s been sent to keep out of the hands of terrorism.

I have seen Man of Steel but I don’t remember it well as it’s been awhile; you may very well be 100% correct.

Another interesting thing to note is bond already destroyed that briefcase so those spectre agents cannot explode that stadium anymore. Although what would someone like bond would have done, he isn't someone who would let those bad guys get away even if they can't harm anyone at that moment.

Bond was sent to explicitly to kill Marco Sciarra (and not miss the funeral). He tracked him to Mexico City (as he explains to Moneypenny). The stadium explosion plot would have been something Bond stumbled onto. Therefore, when he destroyed the briefcase, he prevented the stadium explosion, yes, but he hadn't completed his 'mission' from dead-M.

Yes but it wasn't exactly an official mission, he was on overdue holiday. Bond could have easily kill him in the crowd (difficult no doubt) but as i said it wasn't avoidable for someone like bond.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Yes, this was a plot hole that didn't get explained. It is possible that Hinx went rogue, and that could have easily been discussed by Blofeld at his lair.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    (Don't know which thread I should post this in)

Judi Dench answers questions from her most famous fans. Daniel Craig appears at 02:15

Plus interview with Dami Judi Dench in british Vogue, June Issue 2020

https://www.vogue.co.uk/news/article/judi-dench-vogue-interview

https://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/article/behind-the-scenes-judi-dench-vogue-cover-shoot

https://www.vogue.co.uk/news/article/judi-dench-oldest-british-vogue-cover-star

edtlxX8.jpg
    DfJnWci.jpg
    xd4WbGv.jpg

Wax4PNd.jpg

Wax4PNd.jpg

Ha! Yes that's the one, thanks. I know it'll cost money but you'd think it wouldn't be too hard to CG out some tyremarks? Presuambly they have to do that in the Matera chase what with all the sliding about.

Could be, post production CG can be heavily involved in this film as they haven't shot much outside studio and even built two big sets possibly for Cuba and saffin's lair.

Wax4PNd.jpg

Wax4PNd.jpg

Yes but it wasn't exactly an official mission, he was on overdue holiday. Bond could have easily kill him in the crowd (difficult no doubt) but as i said it wasn't avoidable for someone like bond.

I'm not sure what your point is. The original point seemed to be something like "Bond detonated the explosive device therefore preventing the explosion of the stadium. He didn't need to continue to pursue Sciarra". My argument was that he did need to pursue Sciarra as that was the whole point of Bond being in Mexico. Preventing the stadium explosion was just a bonus.

"Overdue holiday" was just Bond being coy to M.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 2,541
    @NickTwentyTwo this was the post by @FatherValentine
    From what I remember from the Mexico scenes in SP, doesn't he cause the problems by creating the explosion? Also, he endangers the people by getting in the helicopter. Otherwise they would just have taken off and there would have been no immediate danger?

I was responding to your comment on him that bond could have avoided going into the helicopter and not put people in danger by killing him in the crowd(easier said than done ofcourse). Still, i think we are getting off topic on this thread, i will get back to the on going discussion .
    From what I remember from the Mexico scenes in SP, doesn't he cause the problems by creating the explosion? Also, he endangers the people by getting in the helicopter. Otherwise they would just have taken off and there would have been no immediate danger?

I was responding to your comment on him that bond could have avoided going into the helicopter and not put people in danger by killing him in the crowd(easier said than done ofcourse). Still, i think we are getting off topic on this thread, i will get back to the on going discussion .

I never made the comment you're referring to here. I think maybe you're responding to the wrong person. :P

I agree that this is getting off topic.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 17,320

Wax4PNd.jpg

Wax4PNd.jpg

The car club was apparently unaware that the road was to be used for filming Bond just days later…

The quote from the production company helping with the shoot at the Atlantic Road was:
    - We have tried a broom car and flushing, but it sits too hard. The Norwegian Public Roads Administration is informed. It's hard to say if we need to avoid filming at those places and what can be done afterwards. The burning is even done on the "tenderloin" of the road we want to use in the film.

- I would have like to have seen that we had as pristine a location as possible when we came here to film at a national tourist route and these spectacular bridge formations. A lot of effort is made into this (the filming), and the marks are an extra headache for us, which in turn can put visual restrictions on filming in the next few days.

71151400.jpg?imageId=71151400&width=1024&height=615
    71151567.jpg?imageId=71151567&width=1024&height=615

I never made the comment you're referring to here. I think maybe you're responding to the wrong person. :P

No the bolded parts was posted by father Valentine, I was infact responding to the right person , still forget about it not important :)

Thanks @Torgeirtrap , do we know for sure if they shot those scenes they wanted after roads got damaged? it would be interesting to know how they will try to cover those lines, as they may wanted to shoot it completely real without using any CG.

No the bolded parts was posted by father Valentine, I was infact responding to the right person , still forget about it not important :)

Thanks @Torgeirtrap , do we know for sure if they shot those scenes they wanted after roads got damaged? it would be interesting to know how they will try to cover those lines, as they may wanted to shoot it completely real without using any CG.

You just quoted me directly and told me I made a comment which I didn't make... and then decide the conversation isn't worth having anymore... whatever.
    @NickTwentyTwo

The bolded part above was the comment by father Valentine in the last page, you didn't quoted to it, you are right about that, but you did respond to that in your next comment by this :

"Sciarras plot in Mexico City was to blow up the stadium full of people, which Bond prevents by exploding the device in the building while listening in on Sciarras conversation. Bond says to M at their meeting, “better a city block than a stadium full of people”.
    This above post by you is what i was responding to by saying- bond could have avoided going into the helicopter and not put people in danger by killing him in the crowd during the festival (easier said than done ofcourse). Your argument was bond needed to pursue/kill sciarra but i was merely saying that he could have done that in the crowd (during day of the dead festival) instead of helicopter.

Sorry if i didn't made that clear.

@Resurrection In quotes from after they completed their work on the Atlantic Road, it was mentioned that they were happy with what they were able to film, so I imagine they were able to do what they wanted to do. I couldn't find any more quotes about those tire marks, so maybe they found a way to get rid of them, or maybe they found a way to shoot those scenes without the tire marks showing too much (potentially fixing the rest in post).

@Resurrection In quotes from after they completed their work on the Atlantic Road, it was mentioned that they were happy with what they were able to film, so I imagine they were able to do what they wanted to do. I couldn't find any more quotes about those tire marks, so maybe they found a way to get rid of them, or maybe they found a way to shoot those scenes without the tire marks showing too much (potentially fixing the rest in post).

Yes, i believe they must have used some CG because i doubt they can remove those lines in a few days after that.
    @NickTwentyTwo

The bolded part above was the comment by father Valentine in the last page, you didn't quoted to it, you are right about that, but you did respond to that in your next comment by this :

"Sciarras plot in Mexico City was to blow up the stadium full of people, which Bond prevents by exploding the device in the building while listening in on Sciarras conversation. Bond says to M at their meeting, “better a city block than a stadium full of people”.
    This above post by you is what i was responding to by saying- bond could have avoided going into the helicopter and not put people in danger by killing him in the crowd during the festival (easier said than done ofcourse). Your argument was bond needed to pursue/kill sciarra but i was merely saying that he could have done that in the crowd (during day of the dead festival) instead of helicopter.

Thank you for posting this, it does clear it up. In that case you're definitely correct; there was the possibility of Bond killing Sciarra in the crowd before they even got to the chopper. Sorry for my misunderstanding and thanks again for taking the time to clear it up.
    @NickTwentyTwo

Thank you for posting this, it does clear it up. In that case you're definitely correct; there was the possibility of Bond killing Sciarra in the crowd before they even got to the chopper. Sorry for my misunderstanding and thanks again for taking the time to clear it up.

No problem ;)

Yes, i believe they must have used some CG because i doubt they can remove those lines in a few days after that.

Would guess so. It must be annoying though, planning a shoot only to find the stretch of road they've settled on filming at spoiled like that. Hopefully it will look fine in the film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Wax4PNd.jpg

Wax4PNd.jpg

Yes on the subject of CG erasing, it’s quite interesting in that making of video that in the shot where one of the Land Rovers flips there’s a helicopter and drone filming it but the Toyota has one of of those stunt pods on the roof. So if they use any footage from the helicopter you’d imagine they’d have to do some pretty heavy CG work on the Toyota, replacing it completely probably.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited May 2020 Posts: 4,043

Rubbish, no actor whether you like him or not (we know you hate him) has given themselves physically to the role like DC. He might not eloquently promote them but as far as the work he puts in, he puts them all in the shade.

This isn't about him being the best this about how he commits to the role and no one else compares in that department.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    CraigBond stops Le Chiffre as much as ConneryBonds Goldfinger I.e he’s barely involved in stopping Goldfinger.

Goldfinger wouldn't be stopped if Bond didn't convince (or force :) ) Pussy to come on his side. I certainly wouldn't call that 'barely involved'.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Goldfinger wouldn't be stopped if Bond didn't convince (or force :) ) Pussy to come on his side. I certainly wouldn't call that 'barely involved'.
    Yeah, Bond was definitely all in.

(Don't know which thread I should post this in)

Plus interview with Dami Judi Dench in british Vogue, June Issue 2020

https://www.vogue.co.uk/news/article/judi-dench-vogue-interview

- - -
    -

The Bond Girl Fridays thread comes to mind.

3ed63e6d5dc47ea399abcc2aaad87e96.jpg

• peterpeter Toronto
    Shardlake wrote: »

Rubbish, no actor whether you like him or not (we know you hate him) has given themselves physically to the role like DC. He might not eloquently promote them but as far as the work he puts in, he puts them all in the shade.

This isn't about him being the best this about how he commits to the role and no one else compares in that department.

Oh yes, even to his haters, this must be the one absolute, right @Shardlake.

Physically, Craig prepared like no other Bond; he needed and wanted the transformation.

I remember there were many members on this forum making fun of his disheveled look shortly after his daughter was born. They were doubting he could get in shape for the next Bond film.

But he did. In spades.