No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2020 Posts: 15,690
    3 more films just got delayed by 1 full year: John Wick 4 (to May 2022), The Hitman’s Bodyguard 2 ( to August 2021) and Spiral: From the Book of Saw (to May 2021).

Edit : @Pierce2Daniel How can you say, in the exact same post, that NTTD getting delayed to 2021 is inevitable, but also that everything is improving so NTTD should move forward to October 2020? It is very hard to understand the point you are trying to convey when you support 2 totally opposite arguments.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited May 2020 Posts: 7,526
    3 more films just got delayed by 1 full year: John Wick 4 (to May 2022), The Hitman’s Bodyguard 2 ( to August 2021) and Spiral: From the Book of Saw (to May 2021).

Edit : @Pierce2Daniel How can you say, in the exact same post, that NTTD getting delayed to 2021 is inevitable, but also that everything is improving so NTTD should move forward to October 2020? It is very hard to understand the point you are trying to convey when you support 2 totally opposite arguments.

He isn't saying that. He's saying that in the event theatres aren't open in November, it's much more likely and practical that Eon would push the release even further, into 2021 (rather than release on VOD). He then says it is possible that things will get better, and theatres will be open in the fall, and in that event, NTTD would benefit from taking an October spot. I think his point is that, either way, NTTD won't release on VOD, and he's probably right.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2020 Posts: 15,690
    That makes more sense, thanks @NickTwentyTwo. I agree that NTTD will not be a VOD release under any circumstances.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 2,436
    I wonder if Universal's spat with AMC will cost them the distribution of further Bond films - MGW and BB must be seething with them with the potential impact on NTTD.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 7,526
    That makes more sense, thanks @NickTwentyTwo. I agree that NTTD will not be a VOD release under any circumstances.

I'd agree with you. I have to wonder, though, with everything going on between Universal and AMC, if there's a chance that'll change.

EDIT: Sorry @BonSimonLeBon_1, just read your comment, that's very true too.
    Guys I just watched a movie with my family. We still need theaters. Badly
    I can't believe it happening again another Film release delay Make more made then ever
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Agent_One wrote: »
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I have a hunch if the film were delayed until 2021, we'd have to wait until November of next year.
    By then the film would have sat on the shelf collecting dust for more than a year and a half.
    Then we'd be in for another lengthy break afterwards.
    Hearing a nearly two year old Billie Eilish song as the theme will certainly be strange.

Yes that is weird. I almost can't remember how it goes now. I try to hum it and just get Skyfall :D

He isn't saying that. He's saying that in the event theatres aren't open in November, it's much more likely and practical that Eon would push the release even further, into 2021 (rather than release on VOD). He then says it is possible that things will get better, and theatres will be open in the fall, and in that event, NTTD would benefit from taking an October spot. I think his point is that, either way, NTTD won't release on VOD, and he's probably right.

Exactly....thank you @NickTwentyTwo - I will admit my post is a little jumbled. But the essence is that if November is not feasible than expect a 2021 theatrical release. However, I have an optimistic feeling that things may improve in 2020. If so, moving NTTD to October and out of the cluttered fall season would be a good idea (especially if a second wave kicks off), but only if the situation improves by July.

However, if things are still bad and a 2021 has to happen then perhaps moving to February makes sense? Eon were eyeing that date anyway and it makes sense. James Bond on Valentine's Day, anyone?

However, we are in unprecedented territory. This is a very slow moving train as we wait to see how the next few months fare. Otherwise, it's pure speculation........

The real question is when Eon have to make this decision? I guess it would be July/August 2020. What do we think?
    I wonder if Universal's spat with AMC will cost them the distribution of further Bond films - MGW and BB must be seething with them with the potential impact on NTTD.

It's just a cat fight for the time being.....a little side-show. They are in the movie business, so naturally they are both a bit dramatic. The theatres need Universal and Universal need the theatres. Their current stance basically ensures 'mutually assured destruction.' Neither will let it happen and are just using their platform to chew out the other whilst cinemas are closed and the subject is basically moot.

The real question I have, is what are Eon doing right now? Are they desperately making deals to ensure their film can be released? Researching the numbers on VOD? Exploring the financial risks of delay?

Or is there nothing to do on NTTD? If so..........are they even daring to think about Bond 26? I think Eon are a superstitious outfit and might hold off getting to deep on another film. But they could at least ask Fukunaga and waller-Bridge if they have another idea. Surely.

Didn't Baz break a story a while back that PWB was working on Bond 26?!?!

_b0ae4706-c1a1-11e9-a504-fd2d583231d6.JPG
    You don't have to be optimistic to think NTTD will be released in November in theaters- You have to be very pessimistic to think it will be delayed yet again. Not even the delay of Tenet is a certainty and it's supposed to open more than three months before NTTD.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I'm in the US, this morning on the radio an industry insider (= Operator of a Drive-In movie theater) said business is booming. He has two screens, shows are selling out, he appreciates the support. Trolls World Tour, Onward. [Coming Soon: The Invisible Man.]

He also mentioned regular theaters are re-opening July. Quite a personable fellow, I enjoyed listening to him.

Drive-in-theaters are the thing here now as well. Never been seen here before, but now they are popping up several places.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    The_Return wrote: »
    You don't have to be optimistic to think NTTD will be released in November in theaters- You have to be very pessimistic to think it will be delayed yet again. Not even the delay of Tenet is a certainty and it's supposed to open more than three months before NTTD.

There is certainly a lot of doom and gloom right now. But we are still 7+ months away from the release. And we are only 7 weeks INTO this thing right now, here in the U.S. News keeps changing. New teatements are proposed. A vaccine is being developed faster than expectred in Great Britain and Germany.

Fingers crossed.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited May 2020 Posts: 2,541
    Whilst hundreds of labs may well be working on a vaccine, I sadly doubt there is much collaboration - it's going to be far more like a competition to see who gets there first. The country who wins stands to make huge gains from being “first out of the traps”, vaccinating their population, removing lockdown, taking advantage of neighbouring countries still on their knees by either taking over services or investing at low rates, and then selling the vaccine abroad once the bones have been picked. The big problem is a few countries might be out of this soon but the whole world? Bond earns a huge amount of money from Europe not just US. I hope things get better this month or in June.
    Whilst hundreds of labs may well be working on a vaccine, I sadly doubt there is much collaboration - it's going to be far more like a competition to see who gets there first. The country who wins stands to make huge gains from being “first out of the traps”, vaccinating their population, removing lockdown, taking advantage of neighbouring countries still on their knees by either taking over services or investing at low rates, and then selling the vaccine abroad once the bones have been picked. The big problem is a few countries might be out of this soon but the whole world? Bond earns a huge amount of money from Europe not just US. I hope things get better this month or in June.

Yes. Good points. Who knows what will happen. In the meantime, we are using Remdesevir as a treatment; early indications are that it may help patients recover from COVID-19 (those needing it).

I have no doubts that the virus will still be out there this fall. I am hoping that the world's ability to cope with and treat it will be at the point where things return to normal. This virus is not a death sentence if we have testing, equipment, and a flattened curve. I am thinking we will have those things in place by the end of summer.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    So if NTTD eventually moves to 2021, it will further Re-affirm Craig as the longest Serving Bond with only 5 films.....Hmmmm, imagine how many films Cubby would have churned out with Craig.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 4,554
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    So if NTTD eventually moves to 2021, it will further Re-affirm Craig as the longest Serving Bond with only 5 films.....Hmmmm, imagine how many films Cubby would have churned out with Craig.

Cubby had the luxury of 10 Fleming novels as source material. Let's not forget that.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 2,541
    TripAces wrote: »

Cubby had the luxury of 10 Fleming novels as source material. Let's not forget that.

And no virus to deal with, although it's interesting to think how many film's cubby would have made? Would he be willing to let craig decide when he is ready for another one? I would say the circumstances that Craig era have dealt with cubby would have made the 5 film's as well. Barbara is her father's daughter after all ;)
    Wouldn't Connery be the longest serving James Bond from Dr No to Never say never again, it might not all be EON but certainly the legal 007 that has been played by Connery.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    TripAces wrote: »

Yeah, true he had that luxury....but his taste to keep making Bond films was insatiable. even if he ran out of Fleming's Novels, he would have found writers to pen original ideas. Bond was everything to Cubby....and when Saltzman left, it didn't deter him from focusing on Bond. It's coz of Cubby's sheer passion we still have Bond films today. Michael & Barbara also have the passion, but not like their father. If Cubby was in-charge today....NTTD would have easily been Craig's 7th or 8th Bond film. And Oh!...all would have been Standalone Adventures.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Wouldn't Connery be the longest serving James Bond from Dr No to Never say never again, it might not all be EON but certainly the legal 007 that has been played by Connery.

It is one way of looking upon it, for sure. But the thing is, his tenure was broken up.
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 17,279
    If counting appearances as Bond (in any form), Connery also did the voice for Bond in the FRWL video game in 2005.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Why do we pay this Calvin Hoover the time of day?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Agent_One wrote: »
    -
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Although you continue to diss Craig at least his accent stays the same throughout his tenure
    Hey, don't diss the Irish accent -_-

It's something of a drinking game for me to spot when it comes through!

It wasn't Pierce I was referencing.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    edited May 2020 Posts: 972
    Sucks that the movie will be postponed yet again to 2021. Good grief.

Just release it on demand already and release it in the theatres afterwards when the situation is better!

Makes me wonder if I'll ever get to see it at all now provided I survive this freakin' pandemic.
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Sucks that the movie will be postponed yet again to 2021. Good grief.

Just release it on demand already and release it in the theatres afterwards when the situation is better!

Makes me wonder if I'll ever get to see it at all now provided I survive this freakin' pandemic.

We don't know anything for sure.
    It could be a whole year removed from Daniel Craig's training regiment for Bond. Just how haggard and old will he look in the media rollout compared to how he looks in the feature film? To say I am excited is putting it mildly.
    b90sUtG.jpg
    Zekidk wrote: »
    b90sUtG.jpg

He can do another! Sixty is the new forty.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    b90sUtG.jpg

=))