Bond-style songs

edited April 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 57
We had a topic about this on the old forums:

Please post songs which are in the style of bond (but no james bond soundtracks or bond related stuff) or which simply give you a bondian feeling :)

PS: I put it in the movies category, but this topic doesn't really fit in any category, maybe in a "general bond"

Comments

• big rip off.
    Thievery Corporation has loads of Bond style music, one being "take my soul".
    Australian progg-rockers Karnivool has a song that reeks of Bond:

And electropop artist Goldfrapp has a more calmer song but still got that Bond swag:
    Rumour has it - Adele

Every time I hear this tune I think sh#it this could of been a grate Bond song. Don't know why.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I often think about this when I hear a song on the radio.
    @forgotmyusername I saw them once in a festival, when I was a teenager. This music still gives me chills, so cool!
    Thievery corporation, yeah! And Goldfrapp was a favourite of mine for a Bond-theme for ages.

A few years ago there was a portuguese band called Bullet that made an album called "Torch Songs for Secret Agents", inspired by classic spy films. You get the idea, right?

On a more mainstream level, Bulletproof by La Roux was once described as the Bond song for the new generation. However I think In for the kill is much more Bond. Sorry I can't post the links but I can't even watch your links because I'm in Germany! Lucky me :(
    god no, Adele is boring, fat and mainstream. Lets get a upbeat catchy song like the living daylights or goldeneye. the QoS theme song by Alecia Keyes was bad enough, im tired of mainstream thrash.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 40,465
    Woman Like Me, the song towards the end of The Pink Panther (with Steve Martin) that Beyonce Knowles sings, sounds a lot like a Bond song, especially the beginning orchestra of it:

Toxic... Britney spears! :-B
  • here's a very bondian song by the great belgian singer Selah Sue
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 228

• edited May 2012 Posts: 228
    nothing gets more bondian than this ..

nothing gets more bondian than this ..

• Every time I hear the song Set Fire to the Rain, I just feel like it would be (lyrics aside, maybe) a perfect Bond song. The epic sound of it, I think, especially makes me think that.
  • The Taylor Swift song, Keep Your Eyes Open seems like a Bondian song for a more serious Bond film.
    well it looks like we got two of them going on now Sammy boy! JOIN THE FUN BABY
    This will be shut down by Admin sooner or later but wasn't there some other guy who was always on about Thievery Corporation some time back? No harm done or anything

Said it before on the actual pages for this that I would of liked to have seen -

Echo and The Bunnymen / The Killing Moon

Depeche Mode - and you can take your pick - People are People, I feel You, Everything Counts, Personal Jesus even

Genesis / Land of Confusion, that would certainly be vibrant..

Nirvana / Come as you are

The Police / Invisible Sun

Thunderclap Newman / Something In The Air

(maybe I went astray with one or two but I did think long and hard about this just now)

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Every time I hear the song Set Fire to the Rain, I just feel like it would be (lyrics aside, maybe) a perfect Bond song. The epic sound of it, I think, especially makes me think that.

This should do it.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    oh boy, i'll probably get shellacked for some of my choices here...... lol... but here it goes - head firmly on the chopping block......

"I Can't Live Without Music" by Corinna Mary...... just ignore the anime bits lol..

I heard this song way back, probably around 2001 or 2002, and i thought it would've fit the Brosnan run perfectly.... i mean, it already has better lyrics, and more catchy beat than DAD by Madonna lol

"Good Enough" by Evanescence (well, mainly just Amy Lee, a piano, and orchestra lol)

I love the subtly to this song... it's very mellow, and relaxed.... reminds me of taking Nobody Does It Better and Moonraker and mashing them together..

"If You Call" by Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings

has an old school vibe - plus the simply guitar arrangement has a nice Bond touch to it..

"Uno" by Muse

it bit more rock sounding than what is expected in a traditional Bond song... but with the current Craig run of films, i think this style fits... again, some nice guitar moments, really bring out a Bondian vibe..

"The Masterplan" by Oasis

suggested to me by a friend (who is a big oasis fan).. this song does have a certain Bond quality to it... subtle, but it's there... I am currently using it as the theme for my own fanfic.

• X3MSonicX wrote:
    Every time I hear the song Set Fire to the Rain, I just feel like it would be (lyrics aside, maybe) a perfect Bond song. The epic sound of it, I think, especially makes me think that.

This should do it.

Oh, interesting, and well done, if it's yours!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    X3MSonicX wrote:

This should do it.

Oh, interesting, and well done, if it's yours!

Thanks, yes, it is mine. :) And Yeah, it really fits with a Bond theme, I agree with you. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    HASEROT wrote:

"The Masterplan" by Oasis

suggested to me by a friend (who is a big oasis fan).. this song does have a certain Bond quality to it... subtle, but it's there... I am currently using it as the theme for my own fanfic.

Would that be Red Doomsday?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Would that be Red Doomsday?

Yes sir... i still have to sit down and write out the next part of it - just got a lot on my plate at the moment.

• I humbly submit this - John Newman - Love Me Again

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/CfihYWRWRTQ?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/CfihYWRWRTQ?version=3&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Take it as it is, or a slower, darker version?
    How about

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me by U2
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:

And with that, i'm going to lock this one.

Locked.
This discussion has been closed.