No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The_Return wrote: »
    Cinemas not opening long before November would mean a level of social distancing (with restaurant and school closures, etc. for half a year or longer) that would absolutely cripple the global economy and would have far more severe consequences than the virus infecting everyone. I think that one way or another this virus will be over months before November.

Not to worry, its possible that millions have had and recovered from the virus without ever being tested, and if this is true then the number of people left to spread to is much lower than suspected. So If this is the case then Bond 25 can go ahead as planned for November, and other films like Tenet may be able to screen before then.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Why?

Because he does much harm.

Yeah youre probably right. We should listen to crackpots with no authority or expertise on a subject whatsoever on everything, rather than the most brilliant minds the human race can produce.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Why?

Because he does much harm.

Yeah youre probably right. We should listen to crackpots with no authority or expertise on a subject whatsoever on everything, rather than the most brilliant minds the human race can produce.

Haven’t you heard? Bill Thanos Gatesfeld is part of a plot to eliminate the human race and implement worldwide surveillance all at the same time.
    Hate to be negative but eon shot themselves in the foot with the endless delays.

They should have never got involved with Boyle and really pushed for a December 2019 release with fukunaga.

It was said fukunaga was in talks with brocolli before Boyle anyway.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited April 2020 Posts: 8,009
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Interesting. That would have meant it would have been knocking on the one billion dollar club, and bested SP's haul.
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Hate to be negative

I don't think you do.

Interesting. That would have meant it would have been knocking on the one billion dollar club, and bested SP's haul.
    Hate to be negative

I don't think you do.

Sorry the truth hurts.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing @Tuck91

None of the delays are beyond reasoning, so why question them?

Hate to be negative

I don't think you do.

Sorry the truth hurts.

Okay! ;)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Already posted this in the right P B thread, but making sure so you don't missing out:

Live stream now with Pierce Brosnan talking Bond memories and answering fan questions - on Esquire UK’s social media pages found on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube from 7pm BST on Sunday, April 19.

Thanks @Contraband :)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Hate to be negative but eon shot themselves in the foot with the endless delays.

They should have never got involved with Boyle and really pushed for a December 2019 release with fukunaga.

Fukunaga wasn't available when Boyle was hired, so it wouldn't have been possible.
  • The_Return wrote: »
    Cinemas not opening long before November would mean a level of social distancing (with restaurant and school closures, etc. for half a year or longer) that would absolutely cripple the global economy and would have far more severe consequences than the virus infecting everyone. I think that one way or another this virus will be over months before November.

It's interesting that in the UK they are now trying to get a vaccine ready for September rather than the projected 12-18 months. This ramping up to get a vaccine suggests to me that they see that as the only way to truly come out of lockdown.
  • Tuck91 wrote: »

I was dismayed when they hired Boyle. He was inevitably asked about Bond after directing Craig in the video with the Queen and repeatedly said that it wasn't the type of film that he made. What made him change his mind about that, what he ever comfortable in directing a Bond film? I wasn't surprised when he left. But it does make you wonder why the 'creative differences', whatever they really were, weren't discovered at an earlier stage - like when they agreed to work with each other.

I was dismayed when they hired Boyle. He was inevitably asked about Bond after directing Craig in the video with the Queen and repeatedly said that it wasn't the type of film that he made. What made him change his mind about that, what he ever comfortable in directing a Bond film? I wasn't surprised when he left. But it does make you wonder why the 'creative differences', whatever they really were, weren't discovered at an earlier stage - like when they agreed to work with each other.

Exactly
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

@Tuck91 @BonSimonLeBon_1 I don't know if we'll ever know, but there was a reason on either part and that's all that matters. All I can think is that sometimes the execution isn't what you expected. Maybe they liked what he was initially pithing, but when it came down to it, it just wasn't going to work and they wanted something different, but there's no point comparing a film to something we'll never get to see.

I don't think that when these directors are hired, they pitch everything they're going to do straight away. It's a process and things change. Maybe in Boyle's eyes, EON's eyes, or even Craig's eyes, the changes were for the worse, and the best decision to make on both sides was to call it a day.

As I said above, every decision that's been made has a reason, whether you like or not.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I was very surprised that Mendes wasn't that eager to return(Not that I wanted him to). But like Craig returning to Correct SP, Mendes Should have returned Strong & Possibly Top SF, Just to remind everyone he was the Man who Directed SF.....Even Thomas Newman might....just might have taken the Score to another Level. But am very happy we ended up with Fukunaga & Zimmer.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I was very surprised that Mendes wasn't that eager to return(Not that I wanted him to). But like Craig returning to Correct SP, Mendes Should have returned Strong & Possibly Top SF, Just to remind everyone he was the Man who Directed SF.....Even Thomas Newman might....just might have taken the Score to another Level. But am very happy we ended up with Fukunaga & Zimmer.
    He probably wanted to move on to other things. I'm not even sure he was that keen on Spectre. In his own words, if I remember rightly, he'd done everything he wanted to do with Skyfall, and I think it shows.

But yes, as you say, I'm also happy with Fukunaga and Zimmer so far. I'm also still very keen on seeing what Fukunaga would do with a new James Bond's first film :)
  • echoecho 007 in New York

No, no, NO, NO, NO! No.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    He probably wanted to move on to other things. I'm not even sure he was that keen on Spectre. In his own words, if I remember rightly, he'd done everything he wanted to do with Skyfall, and I think it shows.

But yes, as you say, I'm also happy with Fukunaga and Zimmer so far. I'm also still very keen on seeing what Fukunaga would do with a new James Bond's first film :)

Yeah, True.
    echo wrote: »

No, no, NO, NO, NO! No.

Of Course....Am with You.
    Watched a little of the Brosnan stream. What a decent chap. Think I will watch the whole thing tomorrow with Goldeneye in the background.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Yeah me too. A third Mendes would’ve been a disaster and this comes from someone who puts both in his top 10. He made his personal Bond film and his general Bond film. The two complete each other, they are like the yin and yang of a broader vision of the character. SF is about a “mother”, a celebration of what makes Bond still relevant after half a century from an intimate perspective while SP is about father(s), a celebration of the legacy of the franchise within a gloomy world where nothing is black and white anymore. The pair is basically a celebration of the value of tradition inherent within the series. It’s like traveling “back in time” (in a DB5) with the heart in the past and the eyes on the future. A third movie would’ve added nothing significant and we already know that Mendes had quite an hard time figuring out SP.

Anyway I don’t agree when you say Craig came back to “correct” SP. He came back because they gave him the opportunity to add something new to the character and his arc with a 5th film. The fact that they are digging so much with what SP established, exploring characters and evolving themes to me it means that they are nowhere “ashamed” of that film but they just want to keep going in that direction, implementing this “Bondverse” working with an even straight continuity and expanding what SP brought to the table. Beside that, only a good portion of this community sees SP a disaster. Not the real world lol.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    matt_u wrote: »

Yeah me too. A third Mendes would’ve been a disaster and this comes from someone who puts both in his top 10. He made his personal Bond film and his general Bond film. The two complete each other, they are like the yin and yang of a broader vision of the character. SF is about a “mother”, a celebration of what makes Bond still relevant after half a century from an intimate perspective while SP is about father(s), a celebration of the legacy of the franchise within a gloomy world where nothing is black and white anymore. The pair is basically a celebration of the value of tradition inherent within the series. It’s like traveling “back in time” (in a DB5) with the heart in the past and the eyes on the future. A third movie would’ve added nothing significant and we already know that Mendes had quite an hard time figuring out SP.

Anyway I don’t agree when you say Craig came back to “correct” SP. He came back because they gave him the opportunity to add something new to the character and his arc with a 5th film. The fact that they are digging so much with what SP established, exploring characters and evolving themes to me it means that they are nowhere “ashamed” of that film but they just want to keep going in that direction, implementing this “Bondverse” working with an even straight continuity and expanding what SP brought to the table. Beside that, only a good portion of this community sees SP a disaster. Not the real world lol.

Thank you for your comments on Spectre. They clearly value that film more than Quantum and even Skyfall to a certain extent as it seems to be the movie with the most ties to No Time To Die.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Bentley007 wrote: »

Thank you for your comments on Spectre. They clearly value that film more than Quantum and even Skyfall to a certain extent as it seems to be the movie with the most ties to No Time To Die.

Yeah, with a director at the helm who thinks (and I agree) that CR stands as the best Bond ever, which leads me to believe that he wanted to bring a similar energy and fresh feeling to his film (something that sometimes kind of lacked in the Mendes combo given their more “retrospective” nature).

:) Indeed.....Nuggets Of Truth.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Anyway I don’t agree when you say Craig came back to “correct” SP. He came back because they gave him the opportunity to add something new to the character and his arc with a 5th film. The fact that they are digging so much with what SP established, exploring characters and evolving themes to me it means that they are nowhere “ashamed” of that film but they just want to keep going in that direction, implementing this “Bondverse” working with an even straight continuity and expanding what SP brought to the table.

Yes, there's that.
    To the Public, every Bond film is GOLD......it's we the Nerds that have favourites & notice flaws. A Non-Bond fan Prefers SP to CR....I've heard someone say after the Construction Site Chase, he Can't Continue with CR.
    There was an interview somewhere that stated mendes had another idea for Craig’s fifth film