No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,343
    delfloria wrote: »
    If NTTD goes VOD I'll sit it out and wait for whatever limited theater showings that eventually crop up. Until there is an official 007 TV series, my choice will be not to watch the premiere of Bond adventures on TV.

Buy a projector ...

Why not building an IMAX mini theater in the basement?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Why not simply build your own cinema? It's super cheap and easy.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I don't mind waiting :)
    Denbigh wrote: »

Me neither. I’d panic and freaking out :D if the virus would’ve shut down production midway filming but since the film is locked and done it’s only a matter of time. And since I want this film to smash the box office I don’t mind waiting.
  • matt_u wrote: »

Me neither. I’d panic and freaking out :D if the virus would’ve shut down production midway filming but since the film is locked and done it’s only a matter of time. And since I want this film to smash the box office I don’t mind waiting.

It would have been a disaster if it had happened during production. Hopefully it will make its November release. But wouldn't be at all surprised if we see a 2021, and dare I say it, even a 2022 release.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    matt_u wrote: »

It would have been a disaster if it had happened during production. Hopefully it will make its November release. But wouldn't be at all surprised if we see a 2021, and dare I say it, even a 2022 release.

Sigh.
    Eager Bond fans will have their 2022 60th Anniversary Bond movie then lol.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 4,400
    Hmmm.....not keen on digital. I enjoy all the pomp and ceremony of the premieres, interviews, etc. Though I think any premiere for NTTD would be massively down-scaled and interviews and press will be done remotely. Which makes world's of sense. You don't need to fly out journalists when it can be done remotely. Plus the premiere is really just a photo opportunity. Just have Prince Charles meet Daniel Craig at the Luxe Odeon Leicester Square. Make it intimate soiree which is more Bondian if anything...

The press cycle for blockbusters in 2020/21 will be interested. Buzz is so dependent on YouTube, Twitter and Instagram these days. You have to wonder if the old cycle was already dead. Though I do want a video of Craig talking through his career on Vanity Fair or GQ.

Also, Fauci seems optimistic that by November some semblance of normality will return

Hmmm.....not keen on digital. I enjoy all the pomp and ceremony of the premieres, interviews, etc. Though I think any premiere for NTTD would be massively down-scaled and interviews and press will be done remotely. Which makes world's of sense. You don't need to fly out journalists when it can be done remotely. Plus the premiere is really just a photo opportunity. Just have Prince Charles meet Daniel Craig at the Luxe Odeon Leicester Square. Make it intimate soiree which is more Bondian if anything...

The press cycle for blockbusters in 2020/21 will be interested. Buzz is so dependent on YouTube, Twitter and Instagram these days. You have to wonder if the old cycle was already dead. Though I do want a video of Craig talking through his career on Vanity Fair or GQ.

Also, Fauci seems optimistic that by November some semblance of normality will return

Of course that will happen.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Point is as long as there’s no vaccine/cure the virus could be just controlled, not defeated. In order to keep the virus spreading “under control” is it a smart move to let people watch a film in closed super crowded spaces like cinemas? Or on the other hand, people will go to the movies wearing masks for 2/3 hours? Plus there is the thing about forced ventilation that in some cases has been proven for being the cause of uncontrolled infection in hospitals. As for now it’s impossible to know what will happen except for the fact that theaters will be one of the last activities to re-open, given their nature.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 11,425
    Point is as long as there’s no vaccine/cure the virus could be just controlled, not defeated. In order to keep the virus spreading “under control” is it a smart move to let people watch a film in closed super crowded spaces like cinemas? Or on the other hand, people will go to the movies wearing masks for 2/3 hours? Plus there is the thing about forced ventilation that in some cases has been proven for being the cause of uncontrolled infection in hospitals. As for now it’s impossible to know what will happen except for the fact that theaters will be one of the last activities to re-open, given their nature.

I fear you are right. Logic says cinemas etc. will be deemed unsafe and non essential and therefore kept closed the longest.

I personally find it hard watching film on modern TV screens. Everything is so detailed and high res I feel that even old films lose their cinematic quality. I find myself distracted by the tiny details and unable to just take it all in. Hoping EON never go down the online route.
    If NTTD goes VOD I'll sit it out and wait for whatever limited theater showings that eventually crop up. Until there is an official 007 TV series, my choice will be not to watch the premiere of Bond adventures on TV.

Buy a projector ...

Still a TV presentation.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Buy a projector ...

:))

And the panicking continues...

Nothing to do with panic. Cold cool logic based on current state of affairs.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    "Larger gatherings — conferences, concerts, sporting events — when people say they’re going to reschedule this conference or graduation event for October 2020, I have no idea how they think that’s a plausible possibility. I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we’re talking fall 2021 at the earliest." Emphasis mine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/magazine/coronavirus-economy-debate.html

I think this'll probably apply to cinemas as well. Settle in boys.
    "Larger gatherings — conferences, concerts, sporting events — when people say they’re going to reschedule this conference or graduation event for October 2020, I have no idea how they think that’s a plausible possibility. I think those things will be the last to return. Realistically we’re talking fall 2021 at the earliest." Emphasis mine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/10/magazine/coronavirus-economy-debate.html

I think this'll probably apply to cinemas as well. Settle in boys.

I just read an article by Rolling Stones and speaking about concerts, sport events and big conferences “Autumn 2021 at the earliest“ is mentioned as a plausible timeframe.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Even if the cinemas are open by November, how many of us here will actually want to go to one? Knowing you could possibly risk the life of a loved one?
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

Looks like we're in for another delay, but I'm not ready to bet on it yet.
    Seven months is a long time, there is a slight chance things will improve by November.

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Seven months is a long time, there is a slight chance things will improve by November.

I have stopped predicting when this will end or what will be possible. If films keep delaying the fall that would suggest to me there is hope. I choose to remain hopeful. As you said 7 months is a long ways away. Think of all that has happened in the last 3 months.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 6,665
    mtm wrote: »
    Even if the cinemas are open by November, how many of us here will actually want to go to one? Knowing you could possibly risk the life of a loved one?

Yes, I've been saying that. They can't expect the same numbers than before with a theatrical release, whenever it may be. It'll be a different ball game come next year. People won't flock to cinemas like before, not for a long time, anyway.
    I'm always having to pinch myself as the virus situation where I am is starting to improve, which subconsciously influences my mood about the release date. But things are only getting started across the world....

Another delay may be inevitable.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 97
    Many people are already ITCHING to meet other people, go to restaurants, bars, concerts and yes, cinemas! And the number of people who want to go back to normal right now despite the coronavirus still being here and even if it means maybe ending up in a hospital is growing each and every day.

People under 60 and especially 50 are not afraid and have no reason to be afraid of the virus any more than to be afraid of getting hit by a car.
    Eon won’t delay again if cinemas are generally open

I would go now if NTTD were playing and just buy half a row of seats and wear a mask. Minimal risk imo.

Tuck91 wrote: »
    I would go now if NTTD were playing and just buy half a row of seats and wear a mask. Minimal risk imo.

Yes. That sure sounds like minimal risk.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 2,594

Sigh.

I'm an expat living in China. We first heard about this virus in the third week of January. Things are almost back to normal over here where all the shops and restaurants etc. are open again. The cinemas are still closed however and we still have our temperatures taken upon entrance to our apartment complexes, the subway and certain other places. A dramatic improvement however since January. 90% normality returned after two and a half months.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Nothing new. That has always been a risk if you have loved ones who are that weakened. Just use the same common sense as always. One good thing about this is that people who have never used common sense before are now forced to do so.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Two pics in one

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    The_Return wrote: »
    Many people are already ITCHING to meet other people, go to restaurants, bars, concerts and yes, cinemas! And the number of people who want to go back to normal right now despite the coronavirus still being here and even if it means maybe ending up in a hospital is growing each and every day.

People under 60 and especially 50 are not afraid and have no reason to be afraid of the virus any more than to be afraid of getting hit by a car.

They really do have reason. If you know anyone in the risk group (and that can be anyone- you're far from guaranteed to be fine just because of your age/health) then you risk giving it to them and potentially killing them. And because you've spread it, you've reduced your health service's capacity to help your loved ones.
    Can I ask where in the world you are? Because the messaging doesn't seem to have come through very well there.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Nothing new. That has always been a risk if you have loved ones who are that weakened. Just use the same common sense as always. One good thing about this is that people who have never used common sense before are now forced to do so.

You think this is nothing different? Jesus, I'm going to lock my family up if there are people like you guys out there who care so little for others.

Nothing has been said about "another delay".
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

Nothing has been said about "another delay".

No, but I’m almost sure there will be. I hope I’m wrong of course.