Do you believe that the Illuminati still exists (and still exerts influence)?

DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
edited November 2020 in General Discussion Posts: 17,727
We know that the Illuminati was a real organisation or series of organisations in the past, but do you believe that it still exists today and still exerts influence? Or is that just what Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code (2003) and other novels would have us think? Is it all just fanciful fiction or a hidden grimmer reality?

Is the Illuminati really pulling the strings with world leaders and whole populations as puppets in their nefarious schemes for world subjugation and world domination?

Or is this all one big conspiracy theory that authors of fiction and later people who sit in their dank and dark bedrooms typing away at their PCs have thought up on a misinterpretation of the available evidence?

This is the thread in which to discuss all aspects of the Illuminati and the various theories surrounding it, as my popular 'Do you believe...' series continues.

Hopefully this will be an interesting (and most importantly respectful) debate. :)

Comments

• j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Where is the "Quote" button?

"Or is this all one big conspiracy theory that authors of fiction and later people who sit in their dank and dark bedrooms typing away at their PC have thought up on a misinterpretation of the available evidence?"

Yes. It's the literary exploitation of the same mechanisms that lead people to believe that the "Bilderbergs" (or at one time, the Jewish/Marxist world conspiracy, or whoever) rule the world, that whoever is in power subdues the entire population by spreading "chemtrails", and that only tin foil hats protect against influencing of one's mind. Complete nonsense, but makes losers feel good that they aren't simply human failures, but instead victims of an overall overwhelmingly powerful system with boundless influence.

It is justified in the context of a thriller novel by making the reader feel sympathy for the poor victim of the circumstances, but otherwise it's complete nonsense. Not saying that there aren't secret societies trying to exert influence, but this is extremely exaggerated for literary effect. Be more afraid of CIA and FSB (to name just two of the organisations that concern me), or maybe Facebook and Fox News and a bunch of others, but forget the Illuminati to have any effect on your life, even if somebody pretends they still exist.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited April 2018 Posts: 17,727
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

"Or is this all one big conspiracy theory that authors of fiction and later people who sit in their dank and dark bedrooms typing away at their PC have thought up on a misinterpretation of the available evidence?"

Yes. It's the literary exploitation of the same mechanisms that lead people to believe that the "Bilderbergs" (or at one time, the Jewish/Marxist world conspiracy, or whoever) rule the world, that whoever is in power subdues the entire population by spreading "chemtrails", and that only tin foil hats protect against influencing of one's mind. Complete nonsense, but makes losers feel good that they aren't simply human failures, but instead victims of an overall overwhelmingly powerful system with boundless influence.

It is justified in the context of a thriller novel by making the reader feel sympathy for the poor victim of the circumstances, but otherwise it's complete nonsense. Not saying that there aren't secret societies trying to exert influence, but this is extremely exaggerated for literary effect. Be more afraid of CIA and FSB (to name just two of the organisations that concern me), or maybe Facebook and Fox News and a bunch of others, but forget the Illuminati to have any effect on your life, even if somebody pretends they still exist.

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm glad to have someone debunk the influence of the Illuminati in today's world. That was what I was thinking myself and it's great to see it confirmed in your excellent post above, @j_w_pepper.

I had hoped this thread would be more popular, but anyway. It could well be of course that your reply has said all that needs to be said.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 8,655
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm glad to have someone debunk the influence of the Illuminati in today's world. That was what I was thinking myself and it's great to see it confirmed in your excellent post above, @j_w_pepper.

I had hoped this thread would be more popular, but anyway. It could well be of course that your reply has said all that needs to be said.

Thanks for the feedback, @Dragonpol. I found the subject enticing...on the other hand, not so awfully many here may be of a different opinion than you and I. So maybe it was destined not to be a kind of "controversial opinions" thread.
    Of course they exist, and they are furious about Trump and Brexit - the voters have gone rogue and not following the script laid down by the Illuminati

For proof, look at the fuss about Cambridge Analytica. And Facebook have got caught up in the wash, pilloried for letting their mates down

As far as I can see, Cambridge Analytica did nothing different to all political parties/lobbyists/polling companies have been doing forever. Analysing voters and tailoring the message
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Troy wrote: »
    Of course they exist, and they are furious about Trump and Brexit - the voters have gone rogue and not following the script laid down by the Illuminati

For proof, look at the fuss about Cambridge Analytica. And Facebook have got caught up in the wash, pilloried for letting their mates down

As far as I can see, Cambridge Analytica did nothing different to all political parties/lobbyists/polling companies have been doing forever. Analysing voters and tailoring the message

But they did it for the wrong candidate.
    Troy wrote: »

But they did it for the wrong candidate.

Exactly - not the Illuminati approved candidate
    It is absolutely laughable that an 18th century philosophical society could somehow, some 200+ years later, be conflated into a SPECTRE-like organization bent on world domination.
    CraterGuns wrote: »
    It is absolutely laughable that an 18th century philosophical society could somehow, some 200+ years later, be conflated into a SPECTRE-like organization bent on world domination.

Never heard of the Bilderberg group?
    Or the freemasons? Jewish invention.
    edited April 2018 Posts: 17,727

If the Jews didn't exist who would people have to blame?

If the Jews didn't exist who would people have to blame?

The boogie.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Absolutely Don't exist ... on a totally different thing .....
    "Die Veneris proximo testimonii "
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I believe that Panchito Pistoles was a member.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

It didn't provide him with much protection here alas.

But he did mess with our sanity.

He was given a lobotomy after he was banned.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 17,727

No doubt that he did.

That's good to hear that he got help.

He went to see the doctor "but the Illuminati owns them". ;)
    sure I will say it is real and they created the virus...…

I am now being told there is no illuminati and to stop this endevor

No doubt that he did.

Indeed. ;)
    The illuminati are very real.

No doubt that he did.

Indeed. ;)

"They're coming to take him away, away. They're coming to take him away. To the funny farm. The funny farm. To take him away." :D

No doubt that he did.

Indeed. ;)

"They're coming to take him away, away. They're coming to take him away. To the funny farm. The funny farm. To take him away." :D

6pMuLsl.gif
    And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
    In their clean white coats.
    And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
    In their clean white coats.

Yep.

Our asylums are full of people who think they're Napoleon.
    Our asylums are full of people who think they're Napoleon.

Or God.

Good one, @j_w_pepper!
    edited April 2020 Posts: 3,497
    But I'm Satan. [-( >:)
    But of course you are! Named after your father perhaps?
    But of course you are! Named after your father perhaps?

Yes.